Dear Readers, Here I provide a list of the highest point/peak of India State & Territories wise with mountain range and their height in meter. Also provide State Wise Highest Peak of India List PDF which is a help to aspirants for all competitive exams like Railway, SSC, Banking, State PSU, etc.
Other important General Knowledge for all competitive examinations are:-
- List of International Boundary Lines of Major Countries
- Complete List of Important Wars in Indian History/ Battles
- Books and Authors
- 275+ CEO List Of Top Companies-2021
- A to Z Computer Full Form
- List of Major Tribes in India,
- List of Major Straits of World PDF (Passes /Channel),
About Mountain Peak in India:
- The Himalayas range is one of the youngest mountain ranges in the world and consists of many of the highest peaks in the World.
- Major peaks of Himalaya mountain are situated in the Karakoram ranges, Garhwal Himalaya and Kanchenjunga.
- Mount K2, also known as Godwin-Austen is the highest peak of India is located in Jammu and Kashmir. It has an elevation of 8,611 meters above sea level. It situated in the north-eastern Karakoram Range.
- Kanchenjunga is the 2nd highest mountain peak in India, situated at an altitude of 8,586 meters (28,169 ft). It is located at the border of Nepal and Sikkim (India). It is the 3rd highest mountain in the world with an elevation of 8,586 meters above sea level.
- Kanchenjunga is called ‘five treasures of snow’ after its five peaks. Until 1852, Mount Kanchenjunga was considered as the highest peak in the world.
- Nanda Devi is the 3rd highest peak in India and the 23rd highest peak in the world, which is located in the Chamoli district of Uttarakhand and has an elevation of 7,816. Nanda Devi, which is located entirely within India.
List of State Wise Highest Peak of India :
|Andhrapradesh||Arma Konda||Eastern Ghats||1680 m|
|Arunachal Pradesh||Kangto (with Tibet)||Eastern Himalaya||7090|
|Assam||Unnamed near laike||Dima Hasao District||1960|
|Bihar||Someshwar fort||Champaran district||880|
|Chhattisgarh||Baladia Range||Dantewada district||1276|
|Haryana||Karoh peak||Morni Hills||1499|
|Himachal Pradesh||Reopurgyil(with Tibet)||Western Himalaya||6816|
|J&K||Godwin Austen (K2)||Karakoram||8611|
|Manipur||Mount Iso(Tenipal)||Senapati dist||2994|
|Meghalaya||Shilling peak||Khasi hills||1965|
|Mizoram||Phawng pui||Saiha dist||2165|
|Nagaland||Mount saramait(with Myanmar)||Naga hills||3841|
|Punjab||Unnamed pt on Naina Devi range||Rupnagar dist||1000|
|Sikkim||Kanchanjunga(with Nepal)||Eastern Himalaya||8598|
|Utter Pradesh||Amsot peak||Shivalik hills||957|
|Uttarakhand||Nanda Devi||Garhwal Himalaya||7816|
|West Bengal||Sandakphu (with Nepal)||Eastern Himalaya||3636|
Q.Which is the highest mountain peak in India?
Ans. Kangchenjunga is the highest peak in India. It is the third highest mountain in the world with an elevation of 8,586 meters.
Q. Which is the second highest peak in India?
Ans. Nanda Devi is the second highest peak in India which is 7816 meters.