There are Twelve (12) Schedule of Indian Constitution which are lists in the constitution that categorize and tabulate bureaucratic activity and government policy.
What is the Constitution?
The Constitution of a country is the living document of laws and provisions for governance. The World’s lengthiest written constitution is the Indian Constitution.
The Constitution of India was framed by a Constituent Assembly set up under the Cabinet Mission Plan, 1946 and it was adopted on November 26, 1949.
It came into existence on 26 January 1950.
To frame the Constitution took 2 years 11 months and 18 days.
At starting the original Constitution had 395 Articles and 8 schedules.
At present, the Constitution of India contains the following.
Schedule of Indian Constitution list are:
First Schedule- List of States and Union Territories.
Second Schedule- Salary of President, Governors, Chief Judges, Judges of High Courts and Supreme Court, Speaker, Comptroller and Auditor General.
Third Schedule- Forms of Oaths and Affirmations for Union Ministers, Candidates for election to the Parliament, Members of Parliament, Judges of Supreme Court and High Courts, Comptroller & Auditor General, Ministers to State Legislature, Members of State Legislature.
Fourth Schedule- Allocate seats for States and Union Territories of India in Rajya Sabha.
Fifth Schedule- Administration and control of Scheduled Areas and Scheduled Tribes.
Sixth Schedule- Provisions for the administration of Tribal Area in the North-Eastern States ( Assam, Meghalaya, Tripura Mizoram and Arunachal Pradesh).
Allocation of powers and functions between Union and states.
It Contains 3 lists:
- Union list: 100 subjects(originally 97)
- States list: 61 subjects(originally 66)
- Concurrent list:52 subjects(originally 47)
List of 22 languages of India (originally 14) recognized by Constitution.
1.Assamese,2 Bengali 3. Gujarati, 4. Hindi,
- Kannada, 6. Kashmir. 7.Manipuri,
8.Malayalam, 9.Konkani,10. Marathi, 11. Nepali,
16.Tamil, 17.Telegu, 18.Urdu,19. Santhali,
- Bodo, 21. Maithili. 22. Dogri
- By the 21st amendment, Sindhi was added in 1967.
- By the 71st amendment Konkani, Manipuri and Nepali were added in 1992
- By 92nd amendment Santhali, Maithili, Bodo, and Dogri were added in 2003
Ninth Schedule- Validation of certain Acts and Regulations. These are related to land tenure, land Tax, Railways, Industries.
Tenth Schedule- Anti Defection Law.
Eleventh Schedule- Panchayati Raj (By 73rd Amendment)
Twelevth Schedule- Municipalities corporation. (By 74th Amendment)
You can read also:
- List of Viceroys of India (1858-14th Aug 1947)
- Governor General of India list (1833 Act)
- Padma Award Complete Details
- List of Governor General of Bengal
- Complete List of Major Tribes in India