Dear Aspirants, Here we provide Monthly Current Affairs of September 2019 with PDF including Important Days with their Theme, New Appointments, Summit and Conference, Awards & Honors, Books with Author, Sports, MoU and Agreement, Committee, Obituaries, and National & International News etc in details. These are collected from all newspapers and the Internet .which have unique updates of all daily events from. It helps aspirants for SSC, Railway NTPC, Group D, RRB JE, Banking, State PSU & all competitive exams.
Important Day & Date with Theme of September 2019
|1 to7 September||National Nutrition Week|
|2nd September||World Coconut Day,|
Theme -“Coconut for Family Wellness”
|5th September||Teacher’s Day in India, International Charity Day|
|8th September|| International Literacy Day.|
Theme –“Literacy and Multilingualism”
|2nd Saturday of September||World First Aid Day|
|9th September||Himalaya Diwas (Himalaya Day)|
|10th September||World Suicide Prevention Day (WSPD),|
Theme- “Working Together to Prevent Suicide”
|11th September||Patriot Day|
|12th September||United Nations Day for South Cooperation|
|14th September||Hindi Diwas (Hindi Day),|
World Fraternity and Apology Day
|15th September||Engineer’s Day Engineering For Change”.|
Theme-“Engineering Challenges for Knowledge Era”.
|15th September||International Day of Democracy|
|16th September|| World Ozone Day|
Theme-” 32 Years and Healing”
|September 17||World Patient Safety Day|
Theme “Speak Up for Patient Safety”
|September 18||World Bamboo Day|
World Water Monitoring Day
|3rd Saturday of September||International Coastal Cleanup Day,|
International Red Panda Day
|21st September||International Day of Peace.|
Theme -“Climate Action for Peace”
|World Alzheimer’s Day|
|23rd September|| International Day of Sign Languages.|
Theme- ‘Sign Language Rights for All!’
|Last Sunday of September||World Rivers Day|
|26th September||World Environmental Health Day.|
Theme -“Climate change challenges, time for global Environmental Health to act in unison.”
|26th September||International Day for Elimination of Nuclear Weapons.|
|27th September|| World Tourism Day.|
The theme in India:” Tourism and Jobs: a better future for all”
|28th September||International Day for Universal Access to Information (IDUAI),|
Theme-“Leaving No One Behind!”
|28th September||World Rabies Day.|
Theme – ‘Rabies: Share the message. Save a life’.
|29th September||World Heart Day.|
Theme -“My Heart, Your Heart”.
|30th September||International Translation Day.|
Theme -“Translation and Indigenous Languages”.
|Last Sunday of September||World Deaf Day|
|Last Thursday of September||World Maritime Day.|
Theme –“Empowering Women in the Maritime Community”.
|Abhijit Guha (retired Indian lieutenant general)||Head of the UN mission in Hodeida, Yemen|
|Air Marshal HS Arora||Vice Chief of Indian Air Force|
|Alison Rose||CEO of Royal Bank of Scotland|
|Ambati Rayudu||Hyderabad Captain for Vijay Hazare Trophy|
|B Bala Bhaskar||Next Indian Ambassador to Norway|
|Arif Mohammed Khan||Governor of Kerala|
|Bandaru Dattatreya||Governor of Himachal Pradesh|
|Bhagat Singh Koshyari||Governor of Maharashtra|
|Kalraj Mishra||Governor of Rajasthan|
|Tamilisai Soundararajan||Governor of Telangana|
|Daniel Zhang||chairman of Alibaba|
|Godavarthi Venkata Srinivas||Next Ambassador of India to the Guinea Bissau|
|Govinda (filmstar)||Brand Ambassador of Madhya Pradesh (to promote traditions and tourist places of the state)|
|Hima Das||Brand ambassador for Gatorade (Sports drink of PepsiCo)|
|Jaideep Sarkar||Next High Commissioner of India to the Kingdom of Lesotho|
|Justice Harish Chandra Mishra||Acting Chief Justice of Jharkhand High Court|
|Justice P Lakshmana Reddy||First Lokayukta of Andhra Pradesh|
|Justice Vikram Nath||Chief Justice of Gujarat High Court|
|Kapil Dev||Chancellor of Haryana Sports University|
|Lt Gen Anil Chouhan||Eastern Army Commander|
|Lt Gen Manoj Mukund Naravane||Vice Chief of Army Staff (VCAS)|
|Madhukar Kamath||Chairman of the Audit Bureau of Circulations (ABC)|
|Madhuri Dixit||Goodwill ambassador for Maharashtra Assembly polls|
|Army Chief Gen Bipin Rawat||New Chairman, Chiefs of Staff Committee|
|Nilesh Shah (Kotak Mutual Fund’s MD)||Chairman of the Association of Mutual Funds in India (AMFI)|
|Saurabh Nanavati||Vice-Chairman of AMFI|
|Oleksiy Honcharuk||Ukraine’s new Prime minister|
|Pradeep Kumar Sinha||Principal Advisor to PM of India|
|Pramod Kumar Mishra||Principal Secretary to the PM of India|
|PV Sindhu||Brand ambassador of Visa|
|Rajiv Kumar||Managing director of Microsoft India R&D|
|Ranveer Singh||Global brand ambassador of JBL|
|RKS Bhadauria||Next Air Force Chief|
|Rupa Gurunath||President of Tamil Nadu Cricket Association (TNCA).|
|Sebastian Coe||President of International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) (reelected)|
|Shyam Srinivasan||Reappointed as CEO of Federal Bank|
|Sunil Arora ( Chief Election Commissioner)||Chairman of the Association of World Election Bodies (A-WEB) for 2019 to 21|
|Suresh Chitturi||chairman of International Egg Commission|
|Vijay Kumar Chopra||Chairman of Press Trust of India (PTI)|
|Vinai Kumar Saxena||Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) Chairman|
|Vineet Jain||vice-chairman of Press Trust of India (PTI)|
|Vivek Kumar Johri||Director General (DG) of the Border Security Force (BSF)|
Awards and Honours:
|Adam Harper||SASTRA Ramanujan prize for 2019|
|Amitabh Bachchan||Dada Sahab Phalke award for 2018|
|Anand Kumar |
(Super 30 founder & mathematician)
|Education Excellence Award 2019 by Foundation For Excellence.|
|Arunachalam Muruganathan||‘Power, Together Award’2019|
|Bangladesh School project||Aga Khan Architecture Award|
|Caroline Criado Perez||Royal Society Science Book Prize 2019|
|Chhaya Sharma (IPS officer)||2019 Asia Society Game Changers Award|
|Cochin International Airport||International award for passenger satisfaction|
|CSS Corp, a new-age IT services and technology support company||Customer Service Excellence Award 2019|
|Dr. G. B. Deglurkar (Archeologist)||Punyabhushan Award|
|Dr. K. Siva Reddy||28th Saraswati Samman|
|Geoffrey Boycott & Andrew Strauss (England cricketer)||Knighthood Award by Theresa May|
|Event Horizon Telescope Team||Oscars of science|
|Eric Cantona||2019 UEFA President’s Award in Monaco|
|Infosys||UN Global Climate Action Award|
|John Mondal||CSIR Young Scientist Award 2019|
|Journalist Paolo Borrometi (Italy)||Peter Mackler Award 2019 for Mafia Coverage in Italy|
|Kallie Puri||India’s Most Powerful Women in Media|
|Kapil Pathare||Doctorate in Business from Ballsbridge University|
|Lalat Mohan Patnaik||Ila Panda Chitrakala Samman|
|Lata Mangeshkar||Daughter of the Nation title ( on her 90th birthday )|
|Malayalam Writer V J James’s novel ‘Nireeswaran’||Vayalar Ramavarma Memorial Literature Award|
|‘Lamp of Peace of Saint Francis ‘|
|Navdeep Singh Suri (outgoing Indian Ambassador to the UAE)||“Order of Zayed II “Award|
|Pradeep Dash (Odia writer) |
(poetry work Charu Chibar O Charjya )
|40th Sarala Puraskar Award|
|Odisha State Disaster Management Authority (OSDMA)||IT Excellence Award 2019 for SATARK app|
|Tapan Kumar Mishra (Odisha’s)||Best Tourist Guide Award|
|Pandit Harmohan Khuntia||Ila Panda Sangeet Samman|
|Kerala Tourism receives three Awards||PATA Gold Awards|
|Payal Jangid (17year old girl from Rajasthan)||Changemaker Award (from Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation )|
|Physicist Thanu Padmanabhan||MP Birla Memorial Award|
|PM Modi||‘Global Goalkeeper Award’|
by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation for Swachch Bharat Abhiyaan
|Pooja Desai (from Vadodara)||Mrs. India, Pride of Nation 2019|
|Raghu Rai||International photography award(1st)|
|Ravish Kumar||Gauri Lankesh Memorial Award (First)|
|Sheikh Hasina (Bangladesh PM)||Dr. Kalam Smriti International Excellence Award 2019|
|Sonu Nigam||21st Century Icon Award in UK|
|Usha Khanna||“Lata Mangeshkar Award” for 2019-2020|
|V K Yadav (Chairman of Railway Board awarded )||Eminent Engineers Award|
|Game of Thrones||Emmy Awards 2019|
|IIFA Awards 2019: 20th|
|Best Director||Sriram Raghavan (for Andhadhun)|
|Best Actor (Male)||Ranveer Singh (for Padmaavat)|
|Best Actor (Female)||Alia Bhatt (for Raazi)|
|Best Actor In Supporting Role (Female)||Aditi Rao Hydari(for Padmaavat)|
|Best Actor In Supporting Role (Male)||Vicky Kaushal (for Sanju)|
|Best Playback Singer (Male)||Arijit Singh for (‘Ae Watan‘ from Raazi)|
BOOKS & Authors:
|“A Short History of Indian Railways”||Rajendra B Aklekar|
|“Being Gandhi”||Paro Anand|
|‘Rethinking Good Governance’||Shri Vinod Rai (former CAG)|
|‘Himalayan Odyssey’||Shri M.P. Veerendra Kumar|
|“First They Erased Our Name: A Rohingya Speaks”||Sophie Ansel(France)|
|“Fortune Turners: The Quartet That Spun India To Glory”||Aditya Bhushan and Sachin Bajaj.|
|“Girl Power: Indian Women Who Broke the Rules “||Neha J Hiranandani|
|“India in the Persianate Age: 1000 -1765”||Richard M Eaton|
|“Jin Dhoondha Tin Paaiyan”||O P Singh.|
|“Phoolproof: Indian Flowers, Their Myths, Traditions and Usage”||Jhelum Biswas Bose|
|“Shiksha: A Journey”||Manish Sisodia|
|“The Cousins Thackeray: Uddhav, Raj and the Shadow of their Senas”||Dhaval Kulkarni|
|“Reset: Regaining India’s Economic Legacy”||BJP MP Subramanian Swamy|
|“Savarkar: Echoes from a Forgotten Past, 1883 -1924”||Vikram Sampath|
|“The Cousins Thackeray: Uddhav, Raj and the Shadow of their Senas”||Dhaval Kulkarni|
|“The Daughter from a Wishing Tree”||Sudha Murthy|
|From Leeches to Slug Glue: 25 Explosive Ideas that Made (and Are Making) Modern Medicine||Roopa Pai|
|“India’s Lost Frontier the Story of the Northwest Frontier Province of Pakistan”||Raghvendra Singh.|
Summit & Conference:
|Summit and & Conference||Place|
|16th Global SME Business Summit 2019||New Delhi|
|1st National Conference on Cyber Crime Investigation and Cyber Forensics||New Delhi|
|22nd Session of UNs Committee on Convention on Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD)||Geneva|
|24th World Energy Congress 2019||Abu Dhabi, UAE ( 9-12 September)|
|29th Meeting of the Northern Zonal Council||Chandigarh (Haryana)|
|4th General Assembly of Association of World Election Bodies (A WEB)||Bengaluru ( 2-4 September)|
|4th Indian Ocean Conference 2019||Maldives (3-4 September)|
|South Asian Speakers’ Summit||Male, Maldives|
|5th India International Science Festival||Kolkata(November 2019)|
|5th Eastern Economic Forum||Vladivostok, Russia|
|6th India China Strategic Economic Dialogue||New Delhi|
|6th International Conference MASCRADE 2019 Organised by FICCI||New Delhi|
|72nd Session of the WHO Regional Committee for Southeast Asia||New Delhi|
|7th annual World Hindu Economic Forum (WHEF)||Mumbai|
|8th Asian Ministerial Energy Round table||Dubai|
|Climate Action Summit 2019||New York, United States|
|Exhibition ‘Shashwat Maharathi: The Eternal Seeker’||New Delhi|
|International conference ANGAN (Augmenting Nature by Green Affordable New habitat)||New Delhi.|
|International Snacks Festival 2019||Hyderabad, Telangana|
|India’s first-ever Helicopter summit||Dehradun|
Ranking and Index
1.Travel and Tourism Competitiveness Report (TTCR)
- India -34th (140 countries)
- Released by – World Economic Forum’s (WEF)
2. Global Liveability Index for 2019
- India’s New Delhi – 118 & Mumbai – 119
- Bottom-Damascus, (Syria)
- Released by -Economist Intelligence Unit
3. Global Economic Freedom index
- India -79th / 162
- Top -Hong Kong,
- Released by -Fraser Institute
4. Safe Cities Index (SCI),
- Mumbai – 45 & Delhi – 52
- Released by -Economist Intelligence Unit
5. Best Business Schools 2019
- Indian School of Business (ISB) – 7th (Hyderabad & Mohali)
- Top- MD business school, Lausanne, Switzerland
- Released By -Forbes
6.IMD World Digital Competitiveness(WDCR) Ranking 2019
- India -44th
- Released By -factors Knowledge, Technology, Future readiness
|Committees||Headed by||Formed by|
|Committee of Experts to focus on nonpersonal data||Kris Gopalakrishnan|
|Formed by Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology|
|Company Law Committee (to improve ease of doing business)||Injeti Srinivas|
(secretary of the corporate affairs ministry)
|Formed by Ministry of Corporate Affairs|
|Working group on Social Stock Exchanges (SSE)||Ishaat Hussain||Formed by Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI)|
MoU Between Countries
|Nasscom’s Data Security Council of India (DSCI), MeitY and Google India join||For “Digital Payment Abhiyan”|
|ICC with Facebook||For carrying out digital content|
|IIT Kharagpur with Amazon Web Services (AWS)||To develop the National Artificial Intelligence resource platform|
|India and South Korea||To boost Defence Cooperation|
|Indian Railways with Confederation of Indian Industries (CII)||For facilitation of green initiatives|
|Information Technology (MeitY) and Google||For Digital India|
|ISRO & DRDO||Provide technologies for Human Space Mission|
|Kerala Govt. with the Maldives||To strengthen cancer care in the island nation|
|Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship (MSDE) with IBM||For Train the Trainer program in AI|
|Multi Commodity Exchange of India (MCX) with Zhengzhou Comm Exchange||To improve Trade Products|
|NITI Aayog with McKinsey||For the first digital capability center (DCC) in New Delhi|
|Abdul Qadir||Former Pakistan spinner|
|Akilisi Pohiva||Tonga’s Prime Minister|
|B J Khatal Patil||Former minister and senior Congress leader|
|BN Yugandhar||Former bureaucrat and Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella’s father|
|Dilip Satpathy||A senior journalist from Odisha|
|Dilip Dutta||Mathematician & writer|
|Franco Columbu||Italian Actor, Bodybuilder|
|Heeralal Sharma||Freedom fighter of Rajasthan, India|
|J Michael Mendel||Emmy winning animation producer|
|Jacques Chirac||Former French President|
|Jessica Combs||American professional Women racer|
|Jose Jose||Legendary Mexican singer|
|K P S Menon||India’s first foreign secretary|
|Kiran Nagarkar||Novelist and Playwright|
|Kodela Siva Prasada Rao||Former Andhra Pradesh Assembly Speaker|
|Madhav Apte||Former India cricketer|
|N Sivaprasad||Former Tamil Nadu MP|
|Rajasekar||Tamil actor & director|
|Ram Jethmalani||lawyer and former Union Minister of India|
|Robert Garrison||German Actor|
|Robert Mugabe||Former Zimbabwe President|
|Robert S Boyd||American Journalist & Pulitzer Prize Winner|
|S.K. Padmadevi||Kannada actor|
|Sanjib Kumar Datta||Bollywood film editor|
|Sathar||Veteran Malayalam actor|
|Shyam Ramsay||Film director|
|Sivaraman Cheriyanad||Kerala Writer|
|Sukhdev Singh Libra||Congress leader and former MP|
|Udit Pratap Deo||the former king of the princely state of Kalahandi n Odisha,|
|Valerie Harper||US actress and 4 time Emmy winner|
|Veeru Krishnan||Actor & Kathak Dancer|
|Venu Madhav||Tollywood actor and comedian|
|Viju Khote||Veteran Hindi and Marathi actor|
|Zine El Abidine Ben Ali||Tunisia’s former president|
National & International News
Central TB Division signs MoU with Wadhwani Institute to fight tuberculosis with help of AI
- The Central TB Division of the Health Ministry has signed an MoU with Wadhwani Institute to fight tuberculosis with help from Artificial Intelligence. Under the MoU, the division seeks to explore the application of cutting-edge Artificial Intelligence technology in its fight against tuberculosis (TB).
- This would including developing, piloting, and deploying AI-based solutions.
Rajasthan launches AB-MGRSBY health insurance scheme
- Ayushman Bharat-Mahatma Gandhi Rajasthan Swasthya Bima Yojna (AB-MGRSBY), a new health insurance scheme launched by Rajasthan government from September 1.
- It will be implemented after merging the Centre’s Ayushman Bharat-Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojna (AB-PMJAY) and the state’s Bhamashah Swasthya Bima Yojna (BSBY).
- With the merger of AB-PMJAY and BSBY, the number of families getting benefits will increase.
CM of Delhi launches dengue, chikungunya prevention campaign: ’10 hafte, 10 baje, 10 minute’
- CM of Delhi Arvind Kejriwal has launched campaign ’10 hafte, 10 baje, 10 minutes’ for prevention of dengue and chikungunya which can spread such mosquito-borne diseases.
- Under the“10 hafte, 10 baje 10-minute campaign” (10 weeks-10 O’clock-10 minutes), the chief minister appealed to the people of Delhi to give 10 minutes every Sunday at 10 a.m. to check all sources of water at their homes.
- This campaign continues every Sunday till 15th November 2019.
Uttarakhand Government set up “Special Tiger Force”
- The Uttarakhand Government set up a “Special Tiger Force” for Corbett Tiger Reserve. It will be effective in checking illegal human intrusion into the reserve through villages located on its fringes. It will be a second layer of protection for tigers at the Corbett Tiger Reserve.
- 1st layer of protection: Through regular patrols, It is provided in the inner range by beat level forest guards.
- 2nd layer of protection: It is provided by STPF.
- 3rd layer of protection is an intelligence-gathering mechanism to prevent crimes like the poaching of tigers in which forest, police and central intelligence agency personnel work together
India’s longest electrified rail tunnel in Andhra Pradesh
- India’s longest electrified rail tunnel inaugurated in Andhra Pradesh by Vice President M. Venkaiah Naidu of India.
- longest electrified rail tunnel between Cherlopalli and Rapuru and the electrified railway line between Venkatachalam and Obulavaripalli.It is a 7-km-long tunnel.
Election Commission of India launches Nation Wide Drive for Verification of Voter Details
- The Election Commission of India launched a nation-wide Electors Verification Programme, for which a special camp was held at the EC headquarters in New Delhi.
- The initiative, launched at all levels from state and union territory headquarters to districts and a million polling stations, aims to provide better electoral services, improve communication between voters and the Commission, and the overall health of electoral rolls in general.
- This program will end on September 15.
A cultural event ‘Namaste Pacific’ organized in Delhi
- A cultural event ‘Namaste Pacific’ jointly organised by the High Commissions of Australia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, and Fiji in New Delhi.
- Traditional masks and artifacts from Papua New Guinea and Pacific Green furniture and other products from Fiji were also displayed.
Srivilliputtur ‘palkova’ a sweet of Tamil Nadu gets GI tag
- Srivilliputtur ‘palkova’ a sweet made from cow milk and sugar of Tamil Nadu, has got the Geographical Indication (GI) tag from the Geographical Indications Registry in Chennai.
- The palkova is manufactured in and around the municipality of Srivilliputtur in Virudhunagar district, Tamil Nadu.
Haryana CM launches two insurance schemes for traders
- CM of Haryana launched two insurance schemes for registered small and medium traders. “Mukhyamantri Vyapari Samuhik Niji Durghatna Beema Yojana” and “Mukhyamantri Vyapari Kshatipurti Beema Yojana”.
- Insurance of ₹5 lakh would be provided under the Durghatna Yojana and from ₹5 lakh to ₹25 lakh under the other MVKBY scheme.
- Haryana was the first State to implement the Kshatipurti Yojana, under which insurance benefits ranging from ₹5 lakh to ₹25 lakh would be provided to the traders on the basis of compensating the loss of their stock caused due to fire, theft, flood and earthquake and damage to furniture and other goods.
Pulathisi Express, a ‘Make In India’ train flags off by Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka has flagged off Pulathisi Express, train to Polonnaruwa from Colombo Fort Railway station, a newly ‘Make In India’ train
- The train which has been inducted under an Indian Line of Credit has an on-board entertainment system, modular interiors and fully-rotating seats in Air Conditioned Chair cars for passenger comfort.
UNESCO publishes an anthology of Guru Nanak Dev’s writing in world languages
- On 550th birth anniversary of Guru Nanak Dev, the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)has decided to translate and publish an anthology of the writings of Guru Nanak Dev in world languages.
- These include the construction of Kartarpur Corridor from Dera Baba Nanak in Gurdaspur district in Punjab to the international border, the development of the historic town of Sultanpur Lodhi, the up-gradation of Sultanpur Lodhi railway station and release of commemorative coins and postage stamps.
Vietnam opens Southeast Asia’s largest solar power farm
- Vietnam has inaugurated Southeast Asia’s largest solar power farm which has the capacity to produce 688 million kWh of electricity annually.
- The Dau Tieng Solar Power Complex, a joint venture with the Thai industrial group B.Grimm Power Public Company, occupies 540 hectares in Tay Ninh province, some 100 km from Ho Chi Minh City.
“Mukhyamantri Dal Poshit Yojana” launched in Uttarakhand
- The ‘Mukhyamantri Dal Poshit Yojana’ launched by the chief minister of Uttarakhand With an objective to provide low priced pulses
- Under the scheme, two kilograms of pulses per month would be made available to 23.32 lakh ration cardholders. On the day, the CM distributed packets of pulses to selected beneficiaries.
Russia to train four Indian astronauts for Gaganyaan
- India and Russia cooperate with Moscow in the space sector extending help in critical areas of India’s ambitious manned mission to space, Gaganyaan. It will be trained to Indian astronauts at Russian facilities beginning later this year.
- Indian Space Research Research Organisation (ISRO) has outlined a road map to put a three-man crew in a low earth orbit for 5-7 days by December 2021 by an indigenous GSLV Mk-III launch vehicle from a third launch pad under construction at Sriharikota.
A campaign” Rohit4Rhinos” launched by Rohit Sharma
- A campaign “Rohit4Rhinos” launched by Indian Cricketer Rohit Sharma to save Rhinos in India in partnership with WWF India and Animal Planet.
- This campaign helps to creates awareness for the need to conserve the Greater One-Horned Rhinoceros or the Indian Rhino.
Traffic rules, Motor Vehicle Act 2019 come into force
- Motor Vehicle Act 2019, Traffic rules come into force by the Government of India from 1st September 2019. The government of India’s change in the fine amount is clearly stated in the updated act.
- It hikes fine of different Offences. These are Driving Without License from Rs. 500 to Rs.5,000, Over speeding from Rs. 400 to Rs.2000, Overloading goods from Rs. 2,000 and Rs. 1,000 per extra tone Rs. 20,000 and Rs. 2,000 per extra tone, etc.
- New Fine for some cases likes, for Overloading of passengers Rs. 1,000 per extra passenger ,for Oversize vehicles 1,000,etc
Election Commission launches Electors Verification Programme (EVP)
- The Election Commission launched a new mega Electors Verification Programme (EVP) across the country. It will go on till the 15th of October 2019. The EVP programme can be effected both online and offline.
- Under the EVP program, a voter from each family will get a username and password, allowing a person to upload all documents related to electoral registration and tag similar details about his or her family members.
Indonesia to move the capital from Jakarta to East Kalimantan
- President of Indonesia Joko Widodo announced that the country’s capital will move from Jakarta to East Kalimantan province on Borneo island.
- It will be in the middle of the archipelago nation and already has a relatively complete infrastructure because it is near the cities. The new capital city has not yet been named.
- Indonesian President: Joko Widodo;
- Currency: Indonesian rupiah.
1st garbage cafe of India opened in Ambikapur, Chhattisgarh
- 1st garbage cafe of India to be opened in Ambikapur, Chhattisgarh. The Ambikapur municipal corporation of Chhattisgarh will open a first ‘Garbage Cafe‘.
- It making the city plastic-free. In this unique Cafe’ poor people and rag pickers will get free food in exchange for one kilogram of plastic, while breakfast will be provided if half a kilogram of plastic is brought to the cafe.
- Ambikapur is Chhattisgarh’s first dustbin-free city.
- CM of Chhattisgarh: Bhupesh Baghel.
- Governor of Chhattisgarh: Anusuiya Uikey.
KVIC launches ‘Terracotta Grinder’ to reuse wasted pottery
- Khadi and Village Industries Commission(KVIC) has launched a ‘Terracotta Grinder’ at Sewapuri in Varanasi. It will be able to grind the wasted and broken pottery items for re-using in pottery-making.
- It will lessen the cost of production, and will also help in solving the problem of shortage of clays.
- On the occasion, KVIC also distributed 200 Electric Potter Wheels and other pottery machines among the villagers.
Water metro in Kochi operational by March
- The Water Metro project in Kochi will become operational by March next year in the state said by Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan. It is the first water metro transport system in India.
- It will be covering a distance of 76 km on 15 routes through Kochi backwaters.
Joint exercise “TSENTR 2019” held in Russia
- Joint exercise “TSENTR 2019” held in Russia. Indian army will participate in this exercise with the Armies of Pakistan, China, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, and Russia.
- After Balakot airstrikes conducted by Indian forces, it will be the first time that forces from India and Pakistan will participate in a multilateral exercise together.
- It rotates between the 4 main Russian operational strategic commands.
WHO eliminates measles & rubella by 2023 in South-East Asia Region.
- World Health Organisation South-East Asia Region eliminate measles and rubella by 2023.
- The member-countries resolved to strengthen the immunization systems against the two diseases to achieve the new targets.
Delhi’s IGI Airport gets India’s Tallest ATC Tower
- Indira Gandhi International (IGI) Airport of Delhi is India’s tallest Air Traffic Control (ATC) tower at a height of 102 meters, to enhance safety and boost the efficiency of air transport management services.
- At least 1,200 landings and take-offs happen every day from Delhi airport along with overflying traffic of at least 250 planes.
- It reduces the pressure on controllers and provides relief to flyers from delays.
- It has over 45 workstations and has multilayered security.
First ‘Make in India’ Metro Coach Inaugurates by PM Modi in Mumbai
- First ‘Make in India’ Metro Coach Inaugurates in Mumbai by Prime Minister Narendra Modi for Mumbai Metro built under the ‘Make in India’ program.
- He also initiated projects of about Rs 20,000 crore for Mumbai and urged the people to avoid throwing plastic and other waste materials into the seawater while immersing the idols of Lord Ganesha.
A ‘fun zone’ for kids sets up in Visakhapatnam railway station
- In a first of its kind in the Indian Railways, a paid gaming zone has been provided at Visakhapatnam railway station in Andhra Pradesh to make it an enjoyable experience, particularly for children.
- The games are video shooting and indoor games aim to keep children engaged during long waiting hours at platforms. The fun zone will have all the gaming activities.
India’s first trade center for women set up in Kerala
- India’s first international women’s trade center (iWTC) set up by Kerala, with the United Nations sustainable development goals (SDGs), in Kozhikode.
- This aims for women to set up or expand their businesses and get their products marketed globally.
- under the gender park’s “Vision 2020” The 1st phase of iWTC, being executed, it is scheduled to be completed by 2021.
Niti Aayog, McKinsey to launch First Digital Capability Centre(DCC).
- India will soon set up its first digital capability center by McKinsey & Company with advanced technologies and to transform the country’s manufacturing sector.
- To develop it McKinsey supports 5 centers across globally in Aachen, Chicago, Singapore, Venice, and Beijing.
- NITI Aayog selects the McKinsey & Company to set up India’s first Digital Capability Centre (DCC).
- It is a digital manufacturing learning center offering technology to help them advance their operations, design, and productivity and can be used at all levels of the value chain.
National Animal Disease Control Programme launched by PM Modi in Mathura
- National Animal Disease Control Programme launched in Mathura by Prime Minister Narendra Modi as well as the National Artificial Insemination Programme in Mathura, Uttar Pradesh.
- The cost of this project is ₹12,652 crores for a period of 5 years till 2024.
- The program aims to control the livestock diseases by 2025 and eradicate these by 2030 and It improves farmer’s income.
Kisan Maan Dhan Yojana(KMDY) launched by PM Modi Ji in Ranchi
- Kisan Maan Dhan Yojana (KMDY) launched in Ranchi, Jharkhand by Prime Minister Narendra Modi which providing a minimum pension of Rs 3,000 per month to farmer those who have attained the age of 60.
- The scheme for the next three years.
- The age of 18 to 40 years farmers is eligible to avail of the benefits.
5th Eastern Economic Forum held in Vladivostok, Russia
- 5th Eastern Economic Forum held in Vladivostok, Russia. Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi participated as the Chief Guest at the Eastern Economic Forum.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the “Act Far East” policy for Russia.
- He also announced a $1 billion line of credit to Russia for the development of the resource-rich region
KYC deadline for mobile wallets extends by RBI up to 6 months
- The Reserve Bank of India has given mobile wallet providers time till February 29, 2020 to fully comply with Know Your Customer (KYC) norms, in a major relief to companies such as Paytm, Amazon Pay and PhonePe just a day before the expiry of its earlier deadline.
Garvi Gujarat Bhavan inaugurates by PM in New Delhi
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the Garvi Gujarat Bhawan in New Delhi. This building situated at Akbar Road in the New Delhi and has been built at a cost of around 131 crore rupees by the Gujarat Government.
- The Bhavan is equipped with traditional and modern technologies and will serve as a home for Gujaratis in the national capital.
CM of UP, Yogi Adityanath launches ‘National Nutrition Month’ campaign
- CM of UP ,Yogi Adityanath launches ‘National Nutrition Month’ campaign in Lucknow With an aim to make the Rashtriya Poshan Maah (National Nutrition Month)a success, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath launched a month-long drive against malnutrition in the state and stressed on the need for public participation in order to make the campaign successful.
- He said that if a country’s children are weak and malnourished, the youth of that nation can never become strong.
Book “A Short History of Indian Railways” by Rajendra B Aklekar
- A new book named “A Short History of Indian Railways“, has been penned by veteran journalist and author Rajendra B Aklekar.
- This new book on the history of Indian Railways chronicles the journey of the national transporter from the 1830s to the new high-speed Train 18 and Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s ambitious bullet train project.
Book ‘Jin Dhoondha Tin Paaiyan’ penned by senior IPS officer O P Singh
- Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar released a book titled ‘Jin Dhoondha Tin Paaiyan’penned by senior IPS officer O P Singh.
- The 174-page book is written in Hindi and has 45 chapters. It covers issues including crime, violence, police, sports and social media.
- The book urges the readers to keep upgrading their worldview and avoid getting obsolete.
Russia to train Indian astronauts for Gaganyaan mission
- Russia will train four Indian astronauts for India’s ambitious manned mission to space, Gaganyaan.
- To view the Gaganyaan mission, a special ISRO unit will be established in the embassy in Moscow to facilitate increased cooperation between India and Russia.
- Under the Gaganyaan Mission, the Indian Space Research Research Organisation has outlined a road map to put a three-man crew in a low earth orbit for 5-7 days by December 2021.
- ISRO Established: 1969
- Chairman of ISRO: K. Sivan;
- Headquarters: Bengaluru;
100 cities to be covered under CGHS services by 2022
- The health minister of India has announced that the Central Government Health Scheme’s services would be available to 100 cities by 2022. He announced it during the inauguration of state-of-the-art CGHS Bhawan in New Delhi.
- scheme “Annual Health Check-up” launched for CGHS beneficiaries for pensioners of the age of 75 years and above.
The US and ASEAN first-ever joint maritime exercise in the South China Sea
- The US and the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) are going to conduct their first joint maritime exercises ASEAN-U.S. Maritime Exercise (AUMX) in the disputed South China Sea.
- The military exercise for five days beginning at the Thailand Sattahip Naval base and will conclude in Singapore.
- More than 1,000 personnel are taking part in the US-proposed five-day exercise. Part of the drill is based on a scenario that ships are suspected of engaging in illegal activities.
first woman pilot from Odisha’s Naxal-hit Region Anupriya Lakra
- Hailing from Odisha’s Naxal-affected Malkangiri district, 27-year-old Anupriya Lakra has scripted history by becoming the first female pilot from the backward region.
16-yr-old boy becomes youngest to pass ‘Mahapariksha’
- Priyavrata, 16, created a record by becoming the youngest person to clear 14 levels of the Tenali Pariksha. Priyavrata became the youngest person to pass the Maha Pariksha.
- Tenali examination having 14 levels is taken twice a year by the students studying ‘Shastras.
SPORTS of September 2019
US Open 2019 Winners
US Open 2019 is the 139th Edition of US Open Grand Slam Tennis Tournament was held from 26th August to 8th September 2019, at the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center in New York City.
|US Open 2019 Winners|
|Men’s singles||Rafael Nadal(Spain)||Daniil Medvedev(Russia)|
|Women’s singles||Bianca Andreescu (Canada)||Serena Williams(USA)|
|Men’s doubles||Juan Sebastian Cabal|
|Women’s doubles||Elise Mertens|
|Mixed doubles||Bethanie Mattek-Sands(USA)&|
& Michael Venus(New Zealand )
Aryna Sabalenka wins WTA Wuhan Open
- Aryna Sabalenkahas won the WTA Wuhan Open held in Wuhan, China.
- She became the first player to claim back-to-back titles in Wuhan. She defeated American Alison Riske in the summit clash by 6-3, 3-6, 6-1.
- She has also joined Petra Kvitova as the only two-time Wuhan Open champion.
Sumit Nagal wins the title at ATP Challenger Tournament
- Indian tennis player Sumit Nagalhas won the men’s singles title at the ATP Challenger Tournament held in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- He defeated Argentina’s Facundo Bognis by 6-4, 6-2 to win the title. It was Sumit’s second Challenger title of his career, following the triumph in the Bengaluru Challenger event in 2017.
- He jumped off 26 spots to achieve a career-best ranking of 135.
India Won U-15 SAFF Championship
- India U-15 team won the SAFF U-15 title at the Kalyani Stadium in Kalyani, West Bengal thrashed Nepal 7-0.
- Team India won the title for a record third time after previous wins in 2013 and 2017.
- The 2019 SAFF U–15 Championship is the 6th edition of the SAFF U–15 Championship. It an international football competition for men under 15-year national teams organized by SAFF. The tournament will be hosted by India at Kalyani Stadium, West Bengal from August 21 to August 31, 2019
Yashaswini Deswal wins gold at ISSF World Cup
- Yashaswini Singh Deswal Indian shooter won gold in the women’s 10meter Air Pistol event at the ISSF World Cup in Rio de Janeiro in Brazil. She becomes the 9th Indian shooter to secure a Tokyo 2020 Olympics quota.
- Capital of Brazil: Brasilia; Currency of Brazil: Brazilian Real.
Charles Leclerc wins Belgian Grand Prix
- Charles Leclerc of Monacan country won the Belgian Grand Prix after defeating Lewis Hamilton by less than a second. The tournament was held at the Spa-Francorchamps track.
- In Formula One career, it was his first victory. It was also Ferrari’s first win this year.
- The 21-year-old also became the third-youngest winner in F1 history
Wrestler Baljit of Haryana Police won gold at World Police and Fire Games
- Constable Baljit of Haryana Police has won a gold medal in the 130-kg wrestling category of the recently concluded World Police and Fire Games (WPFG) International Championship held in Chengdu, China.
Ishant Sharma successful Indian pacer outside Asia
- Ishant Sharma has become the most successful Indian pace bowler outside Asia, surpassing Kapil Dev who held the record till now.
- He achieved the feat on the third day of the ongoing second Test between India and West Indies here at Sabina Park in Kingston, Jamaica.
Malinga surpasses Afridi to become highest wicket-taker in T20Is
- Sri Lankan pacer Lasith Malinga has become the highest wicket-taker in the T20I cricket, surpassing Pakistan’s all-rounder Shahid Afridi.
- Malinga brought his tally to 99 wickets, surpassing Afridi’s total haul of 98 wickets.
Christian Coleman wins gold in 100m race at World Athletics Championships
- USA’s Christian Coleman clinched a gold medal in the 100m race in the ongoing World Athletics Championships by clocking 9.76 seconds at Khalifa International Stadium in Doha, Qatar.
DeAnna Price becomes the first American woman to won hammer world title
- first American woman DeAnna Price won gold in the women’s hammer competition at World Athletics Championship.
- with her third attempt, She threw 77.54 meters to win the gold medal.
Indian wrestler Deepak Punia clinches number one position in the 86-kg category
- Deepak Punia, Indian wrestler who clinched the top-most position in the world rankings in the 86-kg freestyle men’s wrestling category.
- Deepak has 82 points in his kitty, four more than 2019 World Champion Hasan Yazdani.
ICC partnership with Facebook for digital content
- ICC( International Cricket Council )announced a partnership with the social media Facebook to the range of digital content to be available on social media platforms for 4 years.
- The content will include match recaps, in-play key moments and other match and feature content.
PT Usha honored with IAAF Veteran Pin
- The world athletics governing the body, International Association of Athletic Federations, IAAF, honoured the Indian track and field legend PT Usha with a Veteran Pinin recognition of her contribution to the growth of the sport.
Advani-Mehta pair wins World Team Snooker title
- Pankaj Advani and Aditya Mehta won the world champions in the IBSF World Snooker Team event, in Mandalay, Myanmar.
Rupa Gurunath elected as President of the Tamil Nadu Cricket Association (TNCA).
- Former BCCI N Srinivasan President’s daughter, Rupa Gurunath was elected as the President of the Tamil Nadu Cricket Association (TNCA).
- She is the first woman to head Tamil Nadu Cricket Association. Gurunath has been elected unanimously.
Sebastian Coe re-elected as IAAF’s President
- Sebastian Coe re-elected the president of the International Association of Athletics Federation (IAAF) announced that Sebastian Coe from UK.
- She elected President for the second term during the 52nd IAAF Congress meeting in Doha.
PV Sindhu’s coach Kim Ji Hyun resigns
- South Korea’s Kim Ji Hyun coach of PV Sindhu has resigned from her position to attend to her ailing husband in New Zealand.
- Kim Ji Hyun, who was roped in by the Badminton Association of India (BAI) early this year, had played a crucial role in guiding PV Sindhu to her World Championship gold last month at Basel, Switzerland.
Koneru Humpy wins Grand Prix tourney in style
- Indian chess grandmaster, Koneru Hampi (32) of Gudivada (Andhra Pradesh) has cliched the Fide World Grand Prix 2019 title with 8 points from 11 rounds in Skolkovo, Russia.
Snooker Laxman won World 6Reds title
- India’s Laxman Rawat beats Pakistan’s Muhammad Asif to win 6-5 and clinch the IBSF World 6Reds title in Mandalay, Myanmar.
- Rawat had defeated Pankaj Advani in the semi-final.
Malvika claims the maiden title at Maldives International
- Young Indian shuttler Malvika Bansodhas claimed her maiden title at the Maldives International Future Series with a stunning straight-game win over top seed Thet Htar Thuzar of Myanmar in women’s singles.
- Indian pair of Vaibhav and Prakash Raj also claimed the men’s doubles title.
Divij Sharan bags St. Petersburg Open doubles title
- Indian tennis player Divij Sharan clinched the men’s doubles title in the ATP Tour tennis tournament in St. Petersburg, Russia. Divij Sharan Open with partner Igor Zelenay from Slovakia.
Daniil Medvedev won St Petersburg Open title
- Daniil Medvedev won a sixth career title as he defeated Borna Coric 6-3, 6-1 in the final of the St Petersburg Open, Russia.
Lionel Messi &Megan Rapinoe bagged FIFA players of the year
- Argentine star Lionel Messi bagged his sixth FIFA Men’s Player of the Year award while US’ Megan Rapinoe, has been named Women’s Player of the Year.
Jurgen Klopp, Jill Ellis wins Best FIFA Coach of the Year award
- Liverpool coach Jurgen Klopp was awarded the Best FIFA Men’s Coach of the Year at The Best FIFA Football Awards ceremony in Milan.
- USA’s FIFA World Cup-winning coach Jill Ellis was given the Best Women’s Coach award.
Sebastian Vettel wins Singapore Grand Prix 2019
- German racing driver Sebastian Vettel won the Formula 1 Singapore Airlines Singapore Grand Prix 2019 at Marina Bay Street Circuit, Singapore. The four-time Formula One world champion celebrated his 53rd career win with this.
Carolina Marina won China Open title
- Carolina Marin won the BWF Victor China Open Super 1000, defeating Taiwan’s Tai Tzu Ying in the finals with a score of 14-21, 21-17, 21-18 this being her first title in 2019,
20 National Centres of Excellence will create by Ministry of Sports
- 20 National Centres of Excellence (NCE) will create by the Sports Ministry in order to groom athletes for the 2024 and 2028 Olympics. Every Centre of Excellence will fund four to six specific sports.
- The 20 SAI facilities that have been identified as National Center of Excellence include, SAI centres in Patiala, Trivandrum, Chandigarh, Sonepat, Lucknow, Guwahati, Imphal, Kolkata, Bhopal, Bengaluru, Mumbai and Gandhinagar, Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium, Delhi, Indira Gandhi Stadium, Delhi, Major Dhyan Chand National Stadium, Delhi, Dr. Karni Singh Shooting Range, Delhi, Dr. Shyama Prasad Mookherjee Swimming Pool Complex, Delhi, National Water Sports Academy (Khelo India), Alleppey, National Boxing Academy (Khelo India), Rohtak, National Wrestling Academy (Khelo India), Aurangabad.
Amit Panghal becomes 1st Indian to reach World Boxing Championships’ finals
- Amit Panghal became the first Indian boxer to enter the finals of the Men’s World Boxing Championships.
- Panghal defeated Kazakhstan’s Saken Bibissonov 3-2 in a split decision verdict to reach the final in the 52kg category.
U-17 Junior Boys Subroto Cup International Football Tournament won by Meghalaya School
- Hopewell Elias Higher Secondary School, Meghalaya won Junior Boys Subroto Cup International Football Tournament, U-17 by defeated Bangladesh Krida Shiksha Prothishtan (BKSP) by 1-0 in the final at Dr. Ambedkar Stadium in Delhi.
Anurag Thakur announces to open cricket and sports academy in Leh
- In a boost to sports training in the region, Union Minister of State for Finance and Corporate Affairs, Anurag Thakur, in his first official visit to Union Territory of Ladakh, announced to the opening of a Cricket and Sports Academy in Leh.
Beijing unveils mascot to promote the 2022 Winter Games
- Beijing has released its mascot a smiling giant panda wearing a suit made to resemble ice for the 2022 Olympic Winter Games. The panda is named Bing Dwen Dwen in Mandarin, “bing” means ice and “dwen dwen” means robust and lively.
- For the Paralympics, the mascot is a lantern child called “Shuey Rhon Rhon” whose name represents “warmth, friendship, courage, and perseverance.”
Arthi Arun won 5 gold medals in Commonwealth Powerlifting Championships
- powerlifter Arthi Arun has won 5 gold medals in the ongoing Commonwealth Powerlifting and Bench Press Championships 2019, which held at St. John’s, Canada.
- She has won the medals from the 72 kg category.
Virat Kohli becomes highest T20I run-getter
- India skipper Virat Kohli has become the highest T20I run-getter after he played an unbeaten knock of 72 runs to defeat South Africa.
- Kohli has now 2,441 runs under his belt in the shortest format of the game from 77 matches, surpassing his teammate Rohit Sharma, who has 2,434 runs from 97 matches.
India drops one spot to 104th position in FIFA rankings
- The Indian football team has dropped one spot to 104 in the latest FIFA rankings which were revealed recently.
- Top spot or 1st rank in the rankings is Belgium, while France 2nd rank and Brazil at 3rd
Akila Dananjaya banned from bowling for 12 months
- Sri Lankan spinner Akila Dananjaya has been banned from bowling for 12 months following an independent assessment of his action by the International Cricket Council (ICC).
- The 25-year-old was assessed after his bowling action came under scrutiny by the match officials in the first Test against New Zealand in Galle from August 14-18.
Dinesh Mongia of India retires from all forms of cricket
- Indian all-rounder Dinesh Mongia announced his retirement from all forms of cricket on September 18.
Vinesh Phogat won a bronze medal in Wrestling World Championships
- Vinesh Phogat won the bronze medal at the Wrestling World Championships held in Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan.
Karolina Pliskova won Zhengzhou Open 2019
- Karolina Pliskova won Zhengzhou Open 2019 by defeating Croatia’s Petra Martic 6-3 6-2 in the final and win the 15th WTA singles title of her career and her first in China.
Sarah Thomas, US swimmer crosses the English Channel in 54-hour
- Sarah Thomas became the first person to swim across the English Channel 4 times non-stop in a 54-hour feat of endurance.
- She was from American and also a breast cancer survivor.
Lakshya Sen wins Belgian International Badminton title
- Indian Badminton star, Lakshya Sen from Almora, Uttarakhand has won the Belgian International badminton title in Leuven, Belgium. He defeated Victor Svendsen of Denmark.
Kaushal Dharmamer wins Myanmar International Series
- Indian shuttler Kaushal Dharmamerhas won the Myanmar International Series with 18-21, 21-14, 21-11 in the finals. He has made a comeback after been troubled by injuries for almost two years.
India beat by five runs, clinch U-19 Asia Cup title
- India won the Under-19 Asia Cup title by five runs defeated Bangladesh, final at Colombo.
Pankaj Advani wins 22nd world billiards title
- India’s billiards superstar Pankaj Advani clinched his 22nd world title for the country by winning a fourth straight final in the 150-up format at the IBSF World Billiards Championship in Mandalay, Myanmar.
Sourabh Verma won Vietnam Open, defeats Fei Xiang Sun
- Indian shuttler Sourabh Verma won Vietnam Open, defeats china’s Fei Xiang Sun 21-12, 17-21, 21-14.
Kapil Dev appointed as chancellor of Rai Sports University
- The Haryana Government has appointed cricket legend Kapil Dev, who traces his roots to Haryana, as the first Chancellor of Sports University, Rai (Sonepat).
- Kapil will be the first Chancellor of the university, sources said, adding that the other staff, including the vice-chancellor, would be appointed soon.
Esow Alben won the gold medal at Track Asia Cup
- Indian cyclist Esow Albenwon a gold medal at the Men’s Elite Keirin event at Track Asia Cup in New Delhi.
- Also, Amarjeet Singh Nagi clinched a bronze medal in the same event.
Amol Muzumdar appointed as South Africa’s interim batting coach
- South Africa has appointed former India batsman Amol Muzumdar as their interim batting coach for the Test series against India, starting from October 2.
- He replacing Dale Benkenstein.
Pawan Munjal awarded Asia Pacific Golf Hall of Fame
- Hero Moto Corp Chairman and Managing Director Pawan Munjal will be inducted to the 2019 Asia Pacific Golf Hall of Fame later this year for his support of the sport in India and around the world.
Mohammad Nabi retire from Test cricket
- Afghanistan all-rounder Mohammad Nabi is all set to retire from Test cricket after the ongoing one-off game against Bangladesh.
Afghan cricketer Rashid Khan is the Youngest Test Captain
- Rashid Khan became the youngest ever Test captain leading Afghanistan against Bangladesh in the one-off Test. He is the current captain of the national team Afghanistan.
Anupama Swain, Odisha won bronze in World Martial Arts Mastership
- India’s young prodigy Anupama Swain has won a bronze medal in the World Martial Arts Membership Jiu-Jitsu. With this, she has qualified for the 2022 Asian Games.
- The event was held in Chungju, South Korea. Now she qualified for 2022 Asian Games. she was the only Indian to participate in the championship.
Duleep Trophy title won by India Red
- India Red won the Duleep Trophy title beat India Green by an innings and 38 runs at Bengaluru.
- The 2019–20 Duleep Trophy was the 58th season of the Duleep Trophy, a first-class cricket tournament in India. It took place from 17th August to 8th September 2019 Abhimanyu Easwaran, who made a brilliant 153 for India Red, was named player of the match.
Cantona receives 2019 UEFA President’s Award
- French icon Eric Cantona has been presented with the 2019 UEFA President’s Award in Monaco and the iconic Frenchman was described by UEFA President Aleksander Ceferin for his outstanding sporting and personal qualities.
Mithali Raj announces retirement from T20Is
- India women’s cricketer Mithali Raj announced retirement from T20 International’s cricket stating that she wants to focus on 2021 One Day World Cup preparation.
India finish with five gold medals in Rio Shooting World Cup
India at the top position in the ISSF World Cup Rifle/Pistol Championship in Rio De Janeiro with 5 gold, 2 silver, and 2 bronze medals.
- Elavenil Valarivan won the women’s 10m Air Rifle event.
- Abhishek Verma won the men’s 10m Air Pistol event.
- Yashaswini Singh Deswal won gold in the women’s 10meter Air Pistol event.
- Apurvi Chandela (World number one in women’s 10m air rifle) and Deepak Kumar won Gold in mixed air rifle event.
- Manu Bhaker and Saurabh Chaudhary claimed the mixed 10m air pistol gold.
Tejinderpal Singh Toor clinches silver in the Czech Republic
- Asian Games gold medallist shotputter Tejinderpal Singh Toor has clinched a silver medal with a best throw of 20.09m in his last attempt during an athletic meet at Decin, Czech Republic
Awards of September 2019
PM of India receive “Global Goalkeeper Award 2019” in the US
- Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi receives “Global Goalkeeper Award 2019” from Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation in the US for Swachh Bharat Abhiyaan during his visit to the United States in September 2019.
Tapan Mishra honored with the Best Tourist Guide Award (2017-18)
- Odisha’s Tapan Kumar Mishra has been honored with the National Tourism Award for the category of “Best Tourist Guide” for the year 2017-18 during the celebration of the World Tourism Day by the Ministry of Tourism for his lifetime contribution to the tourism industry.
- He is a freelance Tourist Guide approved by the Union Ministry of Tourism.
- Tapan Kumar Mishra has the rarest achievement of accompanying a single Belgian tourist for 965 days in a span of 8 years in which he has covered 26 States.
Kallie Puri awarded with “India’s Most Powerful Women in Media”
- Kallie Puri of India has been awarded “India’s Most Powerful Women in Media” award at the famed Confluence Excellence Awards and received the award at the British Parliament on September 27.
- She received the prestigious award at the British Parliament. She is the Vice-Chairperson of the India Today Group.
Thanu Padmanabhan gets MP Birla Memorial Award
- Physicist Thanu Padmanabhanreceived the M P Birla Memorial Award 2019 for his contributions to the world of cosmology.
- He is a professor of the Inter-university Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics in Pune.
- The award was introduced in 1993 in recognition of excellence in research in Astronomy, Astrophysics, Space Science and related areas.
OSDMA bags IT Excellence Award for SATARK app
- APP SATARK (System for Assessing, Tracking and Alerting Disaster Risk Information based on Dynamic Risk Knowledge) Of Odisha State Disaster Management Authority’s (OSDMA) won the IT Excellence Award-2019 for its innovative conception in the field of disaster management
- It has been developed to provide real-time watch, alert and warning information for different hazards like a heatwave, lightning, drought, flood monitoring, ocean state information, tsunami, etc.
Muhammad Yunus awarded ‘Lamp of Peace of Saint Francis ‘Award by the Vatican
- Muhammad Yunusa Professor of Bangladesh was awarded the ‘Lamp of Peace of Saint Francis ‘award by the Vatican for his contribution towards establishing peace and harmony.
- This award is for an individual for promoting peace and dialogue among people.
Mumbai’s Dhirubhai Ambani International School ranked among the global Top 10 IB Schools
- Mumbai’s Dhirubhai Ambani International School (DAIS) was ranked 10th in the “Global Top 50 IB Schools 2019” list.
- Situated in the Bandra-Kurla Complex, the institution is the only Indian school to feature amongst the top 10 on the list.
Pradeep Dash an Odia Writer receive 40th Sarala Puraskar
- Pradeep Dash an Odia writer will be conferred with the 40th edition of prestigious Sarala Puraskar for his poetry work “Charu Chibar O Charjya”.
- This award comprising a cash prize of Rs 5 lakh and a citation.
- Two personalities of Odisha will be honored for music and art. ‘Ila Panda Sangeet Samman’ award awarded to Pandit Harmohan Khuntia, and Lalat Mohan Patnaik will receive ‘Ila Panda Chitrakala Samman’.
UAE confers “Order of Zayed II “award to Navdeep Singh Suri
- “Order of Zayed II “Award the highest civilian honour in the country UAE awarded to India’s ambassador to the United Arab Emirates (UAE) Navdeep Singh Suri by President Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan.
‘PadMan’ Arunachalam Muruganathan to be awarded power, Together Award’ by Women Leaders Global Forum
- Arunachalam Muruganathan, the real ‘PadMan’ and a social entrepreneur, has been selected to receive the 2019 ‘Power, Together Award’ by the Women Leaders Global Forum (WLGF) at Reykjavik, Iceland.
- The WLGF and award event is co-hosted by Women Political Leaders (WPL), and the Government and co-chaired by leaders of the OECD, World Bank, World Economic Forum and others.
IIT Ropar and IISc Bengaluru No. 1 Indian World University Rankings 2020
- IIT Ropar and IISc Bengaluru universities number 1 rank in UK-based “Times Higher Education World University Ranking 2020”, among the 56 Indian institutes on the list of the best universities by UK-based Times Higher Education (THE).
- It shared the ranking with the Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Bengaluru.
5 women police officers of India honoured by United Nations
- 5 Indian women police officers were honoured by the United Nations for their commendable services in UN mission in South Sudan. Reena Yadav, Gopika Jahagirdar, Ragini Kumari, Bharati Samantray, and Kamal Shekhawat.
- Reena Yadav, Inspector of Chandigarh Police
- Gopika Jahagirdar, DSP of Maharashtra Police,
- Bharati Samantray, DSP in the Ministry of Home Affairs,
- Ragini Kumari, Inspector in the Ministry of Home Affairs, and
- Kamal Shekhawat, ASP, Rajasthan Police were conferred the UN medal.
The women officers are engaged in community policing, administrative, operational duties and capacity building of local authorities.
CSS Corp won NASSCOM’s Customer Service Excellence Award 2019
- CSS Corp, a new-age IT services and technology support company, has won NASSCOM’s prestigious Customer Service Excellence Award 2019 in the ‘Transformation’ category.
Jigsaw Academy wins NASSCOM’s ‘Partner of Excellence’ accolade
- Jigsaw Academy, a pioneer in Emerging Technologies and data science training, has been recognized as NASSCOM’s ‘Partner of Excellence’ for the year.
- The apex body for the IT-BPM industry in India also awarded the ‘Certificate of Course Alignment’ to the Academy for their ‘Foundation of Artificial Intelligence’ and ‘Foundation of Big Data Analytics’ curriculums.
PM of Bangladesh Sheikh Hasina receives Dr. Kalam Smriti International Excellence Award
- Prime Minister of Bangladesh Sheikh Hasina was awarded the Dr. Kalam Smriti International Excellence Award 2019 in Dhaka for her vision of a peaceful and prosperous South Asia, free of tension, conflicts, and terrorism. The award has been instituted in the memory of former Indian President Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam.
- It acknowledged her contribution to fostering cooperation between India and Bangladesh.
Raghu Rai was chosen as the first recipient of newly instated international photography award
- Raghu Rai an Indian photographer has been chosen as the first recipient of the inaugural edition of the Academie des beaux-arts Photography Award William Klein.
- It rewards a photographer for their entire career and commitment to photography.
- This award is in honour of the celebrated American-born French photographer and filmmaker William Klein, best known for his unusual photography techniques.
Anand Kumar felicitated with Education Excellence Award 2019
- Anand Kumar, Super 30 founder awarded Education Excellence Award 2019 by the Foundation For Excellence (FFE) on the occasion of the organization’s 25th anniversary.
- He has been running this innovative Super 30 program for the last 18 years. He mentors 30 students free off cost through year-long residential coaching for India’s premier IIT-JEE.
V K Yadav, Chairman of Railway Board awarded with Eminent Engineers Award
- Vinod Kumar Yadav, Chairman of Railway Board has been awarded the Eminent Engineers Award.
- The award was presented at the special event to mark the 52nd Engineers’ Day organized by the Institution of Engineers in New Delhi. The award was for his outstanding contributions to the field of engineering.
India’s official entry to Oscars 2020: “Gully Boy’
- ‘Gully Boy’ has been selected as India’s official entry to the 92nd Oscar Awards, which is scheduled to take place on February 9, 2020.
- The Zoya Akhtar directorial draws inspiration from the lives of Mumbai street rappers Vivian Fernandes aka Divine and Naved Shaikh aka Naezy and revolves around the underground rap movement in India.
PATA Gold Awards: Kerala Tourism receives three Awards
- Kerala Tourism has won three Pacific Asia Travel Association (PATA) Gold awards, including one for an ethnic food restaurant run by women at Kumarakom under its Responsible Tourism Mission.
- The 2 other gold awards were for an advertisement campaign of Kerala Tourism ‘Come Out and Play’ and for its website (www.keralatourism.org) respectively.
Ladakhi Shondol dance makes it to Guinness book of records
- Shondol dance, which is known as the royal dance of Ladakh, has created history by entering into the Guinness Book of World Records as the largest Ladakhi dance. Shondol is a famous dance, which artistes used to perform for the king of Ladakh.
Magnificent Performing Arts Award won by singer Sonu Nigam at 21st Century Icon Award in UK
- Bollywood playback singer Sonu Nigam has been honoured with the Magnificent Performing Arts Award at the annual 21st Century Icon Awards in London.
Gauri Lankesh Memorial Award (1st) given to Ravish Kumar
- NDTV’s Senior journalist and Ramon Magsaysay awardee Ravish Kumar received the first Gauri Lankesh Memorial Award in Bengaluru.
Dadasaheb Phalke Award given to Amitabh Bachchan
- Actor Amitabh Bachchan has been selected for the prestigious Dadasaheb Phalke Award, for the year 2018 by Union Minister Prakash Javadekar for.
Vadodara house-wife crowned Mrs. India 2019
- Pooja Desai, a house-wife from Vadodra, Gujarat has been crowned as Mrs. India 2019. She emerged victorious after competing with over 4, 500 participants across the country.
- On being asked how she maintained a balance between work and her personal life, she said, “If a woman has aspiration, time management becomes easy for her.
- India Pride of Nation’ is a beauty pageant for married women that celebrates and admires the accomplishments and achievements of a wife, daughter, and a mother.
17-yr-old awarded by Gates Foundation for the fight against child labour
- Payal Jangid, a 17-year-old campaigner against child labour and child marriage in Rajasthan, was given the Changemaker Award by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
Peon of school Vasudev Panchal awarded ‘CM’s Excellence Award’
- Vasudev Panchal (53), a peon in a Bhopal school has been selected for the Chief Minister’s Excellence Award by the Madhya Pradesh Government for teaching Sanskrit to students for the past 23 years and securing recording 100 percent result in the subject.
- He is a peon at the Government High School in Girota village of Depalpur development block in Indore.
Adam Harper won SASTRA Ramanujan prize for 2019
- The SASTRA Ramanujan Prize for 2019 will be awarded to UK mathematician Adam Harper, Assistant Professor with the University of Warwick, England.
- An award of $10,000 and is conferred annually on mathematicians from across the world who are less than 32 years of age, working in an area influenced by the genius Srinivasa Ramanujan.
National Tourism Awards 2017-18 announced
- Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu conferred the National Tourism Awards in various categories on occasion of World Tourism Day on 27th September 2019. This year India is hosting the official celebrations of World Tourism Day with the theme ‘Tourism and Jobs: a better future for all’.
James’s work ‘Nireeswaran’ bags Vayalar Award
- Malayalam Writer V J James’s novel ‘Nireeswaran’(Atheist) has been selected for the Vayalar Ramavarma Memorial Literature Award this year.
Vice President presents Punyabhushan Award to eminent archeologist Dr. G. B. Deglurkar
- Vice President, M. Venkaiah Naidu presented the Punyabhushan Award to eminent Archeologist, Dr. G.B. Deglurkar, in Pune. The award has been instituted by the Punyabhushan Foundation.
Vice President M. Venkaiah Naidu presents the 28th Saraswati Samman to Dr. K. Siva Reddy
- Vice President, M. Venkaiah Naidu presented the 28th Saraswati Samman to Dr. K. Siva Reddy at the presentation ceremony organized by the KK Birla Foundation in New Delhi.
Caroline Criado Perez won Royal Society Science Book Prize 2019
- Writer, broadcaster, feminist campaigner Caroline Criado Perez won the Royal Society Science Book Prize 2019 for her second book ‘Invisible Women: Exposing Data Bias in a World Designed for Men’.
IIFA Awards 2019:20th
It was the 20th edition of the International Indian Film Academy Awards (IIFA)2019
Complete list of winners of IIFA Awards 2019:
- Best film-Raazi
- Best Director – Sriram Raghavan (for Andhadhun)
- Best Actor (Male) – Ranveer Singh (for Padmaavat)
- Best Actor (Female) – Alia Bhatt (for Raazi)
- Best Actor In Supporting Role (Female) – Aditi Rao Hydari (for Padmaavat)
- Best Actor In Supporting Role (Male) – Vicky Kaushal (for Sanju)
- Best Debut (Male)-Ishaan Khatter (Dhadak)
- Best debut (Female)-Sara Ali Khan (Kedarnath)
- Best Story – Sriram Raghavan, Pooja Ladha Surti, Arijit Biswas, Yogesh Chandekar and Hemanth Rao (Andhadhun)
- Best Story Award:
- Best Music: Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety
- Best Music Direction – Amaal Mallik, Guru Randhawa, Rochak Kohli, Saurabh-Vaibhav and Zack Knight (Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety)
- Best Lyrics – Amitabh Bhattacharya (Dhadak)
- Best Playback Singer (Female) – Harshdeep Kaur and Vibha Saraf (‘Dilbaro‘ from Raazi)
- Best Playback Singer (Male) – Arijit Singh for (‘Ae Watan‘ from Raazi)
- Outstanding Contribution to Indian Cinema– Saroj Khan and Syed Ishtiaq Ahmed
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Jagdeep Jaffery, Legendary actor and comedian
- 20 Years Best Actor (Female): Deepika Padukone
- 20 Years Best Actor (Male): Ranbir Kapoor.
- Best music in the last 20 years: Pritam
- Best film of the past 20 years: Kaho Na Pyaar Hai
- Outstanding performance by a director in last 20 years: Rajkumar Hirani (for Sanju)
APPOINTMENTS in September 2019
President of India appoints 5 new Governors
President Ram Nath Kovind of India has appointed new Governors for five states Rajasthan, Maharashtra, Himachal Pradesh, Kerala, and Telangana.
- Bandaru DattatreyaFormer Union Labour Minister will be the Governor of Himachal Pradesh replace of Kalraj Mishra
- Kalraj Mishra will be the Governor of Rajasthan, replacing Governor Kalyan Singh.
- Bhagat Singh Koshyari Former Uttarakhand Chief Minister has been named the Governor of Maharashtra replacing C. Vidyasagar Rao,
- Arif Mohammed Khan, Former Union Minister was appointed Governor of Keralareplacing P. Sathasivam,
- Tamilisai Soundararajan, Tamil Nadu BJP president will be the new Governor of Telanganareplacing E.S.L Narshiman.
Manoj Mukund Naravane became Vice-Chairman of Army staff
- Lieutenant General Manoj Mukund Naravanetook charge of Vice Chief of the Army Staff.
- He was earlier heading the Eastern Command of the Indian Army, succeeds Lieutenant General Devraj Anbu on August 31.
[su_box title=”you can read also: ” box_color=”#dd4b15″]
- 100 Monthly Current Affairs Questions and Answers
- 45 Current Affairs MCQ (July 2019)
- 34 Current Affairs Quiz(August 1st week)
- Monthly Current Affairs of July 2019: PDF Download
Paytm Money promotes Pravin as MD & CEO in 2 yrs
- Paytm Money, the wholly-owned subsidiary of Paytm’s parent One 97 Communications, said it has elevated Pravin Jadhav as Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer.
Sunil Arora became Chief Of Association Of World Election Bodies
- Sunil Aroraassumed Chairmanship of the Association of World Election Bodies (A-WEB) for the term 2019-21.
KVIC Chairman Vinai Kumar Saxena gets a 3-year extension
- Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) Chairman Vinai Kumar Saxenawill continue to head the organization for another three years.
- Saxena, first appointed KVIC Chairman in October 2015, explored untapped streams of Khadi and Village Industries and implemented many innovative schemes like ‘Honey Mission’, ‘Kumhaar Sashaktikaran Scheme’ and leather artisans development scheme.
Vijay Kumar Chopra elected as chairman of Press Trust of India (PTI)
- Vijay Kumar Chopra, Chief Editor of the Punjab Kesari Group of newspapers elected Chairman of Press Trust of India (PTI).
Vineet Jain elected as vice-chairman of Press Trust of India (PTI)
- Vineet Jain, Managing Director of Bennett, Coleman and Company Limited(BCCL), the publisher of Times of India, elected as Chairman Vice-Chairman of Press Trust of India (PTI).
MD of Microsoft India (R&D): Rajiv Kumar
- Microsoft company has appointed Rajiv Kumar as the new managing director of Microsoft India Research and Development Pvt Ltd (MIRPL).
- He is currently worked as a Vice President of Microsoft’s Experiences and Devices (E&D) Group. He will replace Anil Bhansali, who held for six years.
Pradeep Kumar Sinha appointed Principal Advisor to PM
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) approved the appointment of Pradeep Kumar Sinha as Principal Advisorto Prime Minister with effect from September 11, 2019.
PK Mishra Appointed Principal Secretary to PM Modi
- Pramod Kumar Mishra has been appointed as the new Principal Secretary to Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi. He succeeds Nripendra Misra who stepped down recently.
First Lokayukta of Andhra Pradesh: Justice P Lakshman Reddy
- Justice P Lakshman Reddy was sworn as the first Lokayukta of the Andhra Pradesh state and holding the position for the next five years.
Robert O’Brien becomes National Security Adviser of US
- Robert O’Brien has been appointed as the National Security Adviser of United States of America. He will replace John Bolton as the NSA of US.
Air Marshal RKS Bhadauria appoints next IAF chief
- The Central government-appointed Air Marshal Rakesh Kumar Singh Bhadauria the next chief of the India Air Force (IAF).
- He is currently Vice Chief of Air Staff, will take over the charge as the Chief of Air Staff after his predecessor and the incumbent IAF Chief BS Dhanoa retires on September 30.
Samuel Joseph appoints as Deputy Managing Director of IDBI Bank
- IDBI Bank appoints Samuel Joseph Jebaraj as Deputy Managing Director (DMD)for a period of 3 years with effect from September 19, 2019.
Audit Bureau of Circulations’s Chairman: Madhukar Kamath
- Madhukar Kamath, chairman emeritus of DDB Mudra group and mentor of Interbrand India, has been elected chairman of the Audit Bureau of Circulations (ABC) for 2019-20. He has also been the president of the Advertising Agencies Association of India.
Govinda to be Madhya Pradesh’s brand ambassador
- Government of Madhya Pradesh appoints film star Govinda as a brand ambassador to promote the state’s traditions and tourist places. The state government plans to promote Madhya Pradesh as a destination for film making.
Shyam Srinivasan reappointed as CEO Federal Bank
- The Reserve Bank of India has approved the re-appointment of Shyam Srinivasan as the Managing Director and CEO of Federal Bank for another year, giving him a full decade as the head of the private sector lender.
Arunachal’s first woman Lieutenant Colonel: Ponung Doming
- Ponung Domingan Army officer has became the first woman officer from the Arunachal Pradesh to be elevated to the rank of Lieutenant Colonel in the Indian Army.
Nilesh Shah appointed as AMFI chairman
- Nilesh Shah, Managing Director of Kotak Asset Management Company (AMC), has been appointed as the new chairman of the Association of Mutual Funds in India (Amfi), with immediate effect.
- The body also elected Saurabh Nanavati, Chief Executive Officer, Invesco Mutual Fund as the vice-chairman of Amfi, for a period of one year
General Bipin Rawat takes over as Chairman COSC from outgoing IAF Chief
- Army Chief General Bipin Rawat has taken over as the new Chairman of Chiefs of Staff Committee (COSC) from the outgoing Air Chief BS Dhanoa.
- The Chairman Chiefs of Staffs Committee is the seniormost officer in the three defense forces.
PV Sindhu appoints as brand ambassador for VISA
- Payment technology company Visa appointed world badminton champion Pusarla Venkata Sindhu (PV Sindhu) as its brand ambassador for two years. She has also become an athlete member of Team Visa for the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020.
Madhuri Dixit to be Maharashtra poll goodwill ambassador
- Actor Madhuri Dixit has been chosen as “goodwill ambassador” by the Chief Electoral Officer in Maharashtra to create awareness among people about the importance of voting.
IMF elects Bulgaria’s Kristalina Georgieva as the new chief
- International Monetary Fund (IMF) has elected Bulgarian economist Kristalina Georgieva as its new chief, continuing the tradition of a European holding the role while also becoming the first leader from an emerging market.
- The former World Bank chief executive starts her five-year term as managing director October 1.
- She succeeds Christine Lagarde, a former French finance minister who led the fund from 2011 and is the incoming European Central Bank president.
Air Marshal Harjit Singh Arora appointed new Vice Chief of Indian Air Force
- Air Marshal Harjit Singh Arora has been appointed as the Vice Chief of the Indian Air Force (IAF).
- He succeeds Air Marshal RKS Bhadauria who will take over as the Chief of Air Staff on September 30.
Mohammad Azharuddin elected as HCA’s president
- Former Indian skipper Mohammad Azharuddin has been elected as the President of the Hyderabad Cricket Association (HCA).
Suresh Chitturi appointed as the chairman of International Egg Commission
- Suresh Chitturi, Vice Chairman and Managing Director of Srinivasa Farms, has been appointed as Chairman of the International Egg Commission.
- The first Asian to become Chairman of IEC, he will hold the position for the next two years.
- The appointment was made at the IEC Global Leadership Conference in Copenhagen in Denmark.
Abhijit Guha appointed as head of Hodeidah mission
- United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres appointed Lieutenant General (Retired) Abhijit Guha as the head of the UN mission in Hodeidah, Yemen.
- Besides leading the UN Mission in support of the Hodeidah Agreement (UNMHA), Guha will also assume the chair of the Redeployment Coordination Committee (RCC), tasked with redeploying forces of the Yemeni warring parties in accordance with their agreement
IMPORTANT DAYS of September 2019
World Coconut Day 2019
- September 2 is observed as World Coconut Day every year on September 2 to enhance coconut farming with a focus on productivity and product diversification.
- The theme for World Coconut Day 2019 is “Coconut, the tree of life Sustains family well being”.
- September 5 – September 5 is celebrated as Teachers’ Day in India every year on the birth anniversary of Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan to honour teachers for their contributions to students.
- He was born on September 5, 1888.
International Literacy Day
- September 8–8th September observed as International Literacy Day every globally to raise awareness among people of the importance of literacy as a matter of dignity and human rights.
- The theme for International Literacy Day 2019: Literacy and Multilingualism.
International Day of Democracy
- The annual ‘International Day of Democracy’ is being celebrated on September 15. Its aim to promote peace, sustainable development, and human rights
- Theme: “Participation”.
- September 15 is celebrated as Engineers Day in India every year by the Engineering Community of India on the birth anniversary of India’s greatest engineer Bharat Ratna Visvesvaraya, who was born on September 15, 1860.
- Theme: “Engineering Challenges for Knowledge Era”.
World Ozone Day
- September 16 observed as World Ozone Day by the United Nations General Assembly every year to protect our Ozone layer. In 1987, he signed the Montreal Protocol on Substances that Deplete the Ozone Layer.
- The theme “32 years and healing”
World Patient Safety Day
- 17 September 2019, observed as first-ever World Patient Safety Day (WPSD). This is a unique opportunity for patients, patients’ groups, carers, civil society organizations, and other relevant stakeholders to join the common cause for safe-patient-centered healthcare as an essential component for the achievement of universal health coverage.
- The theme of World Patient Safety Day 2019: “Patient Safety: a global health priority” and the slogan is “Speak up for patient safety.”
World Bamboo Day
- September 18: World Bamboo Day is observed on September 18 Every year by the World Bamboo Organisation, to generate awareness about bamboo conserving and promoting the bamboo industry.
- The theme of World Bamboo Day 2019: “Bamboo for sustainable development goals.”
International Peace Day
- The International Peace Day Peace or World Peace Day observed annually on 21 September to world peace, and specifically the absence of war and violence.
- theme: “Climate Action for Peace”
World Maritime Day
- Last Thursday of September: observed as World Maritime Day every year. This year it was being celebrated on 26th September by the International Maritime Organization (IMO), created World Maritime Day to celebrate the international maritime industry’s contribution towards the world’s economy, especially in shipping.
- Theme: “Empowering Women in the Maritime Community”.
World Tourism Day
- September 27 celebrated as World Tourism Day every year by United Nations World Tourism Organization. The purpose of this day is to raise awareness on the role of tourism within the world and how it affects social, cultural, political and economic values worldwide.
- first time India celebrated World Tourism Day in this year 2019.
- In India, the theme is ‘Tourism and Jobs: a better future for all’.
World Environmental Health Day 2019
- September 26 celebrated World Environmental Health Day every year. The International Federation of Environmental Health declares that climate change impacts vulnerable communities and calls for global assistance in the aims of building environmental health.
- theme: “Climate change challenges, time for global Environmental Health to act in unison.”
World Rabies Day
- 28 September observed as World Rabies Day annually to raise awareness about rabies prevention and to highlight progress in defeating this disease on which day is the death anniversary of Louis Pasteur who developed the first rabies vaccine.
- The theme of World Rabies Day 2019 is ‘Rabies: Share the message. Save a life’.
World Heart Day
- 29th September observed as World Heart Day every year to aimed at drawing people’s attention to heart illness and the range of associated health issues.
- The theme for the World Heart Day 2019 is “My Heart, Your Heart”.
You can download pdf click here