Dear Aspirants here we provide Monthly Current Affairs of July 2019 PDF including Important Days with their Theme, Summit and Conference, New Appointments in the various post, Awards & Honors, Books, Sports, MoU and Agreement, Committee, Obituaries, and National & International News. These are collected from all newspapers and the Internet .which have unique updates of all daily events. It helps aspirants for SSC, Railway NTPC, JE, State PSU & all competitive exams. Happy Reading…
IMPORTANT DAYS of July 2019
|1st July||GST (Goods and Services Tax) Day|
|1st July||National Doctor’s Day|
Theme “Zero tolerance to violence against doctors and clinical establishment”.
|1st July||International Joke Day|
|1st July||Chartered Accountants’ Day (India)|
|2nd July||International Sports Journalists Day|
|2nd July||World UFO (Unidentified Flying Objects) day|
|3rd July||International Plastic Bag Free Day|
|4th July||Death anniversary of Swami Vivekananda|
|4th July||American Independence Day|
|6th July||World Zoonosis Day|
|July 1st Saturday||International Day of Cooperatives |
Theme: ”Coops 4 Decent Work”
|7th July||Global Forgiveness Day|
|7th July||World Chocolate Day|
|10th July||Independence Day of The Bahamas|
|11th July||World Population Day|
|12th July||Foundation Day of NABARD|
|14th July||International Shark Awareness Day|
Theme-The sharks in crisis: a call to action for the Mediterranean
|15th July||World Youth Skills Day |
Theme: ‘Learning to learn for life and work’
|17th July||World Day for International Justice|
Theme-‘If you want Peace and Development, Work for Social Justice’
|17th July||World Emoji Day|
|18th July||International Mandela Day|
|19th July||Burmese Martyrs’ Day|
|20th July||Colombian Independence Day|
|21st July||Belgian National Day|
|22nd July||Pi Approximation Day|
|23rd July||National Broadcasting Day|
|26th July||Kargil Vijay Diwas|
|28th July||World Hepatitis Day |
Theme -“Invest in eliminating hepatitis”.
|29th July||International Tiger Day|
|30th July||World Day Against Trafficking in Persons |
Theme -“call your government to action”
|31st July||World Ranger Day|
Summit / Conference in July month
|Summit / Conference||Place|
|India international Cooperatives Trade Fair (IICTF)||New Delhi|
|India Nepal Logistics Summit 2019|
Theme- Transforming Logistics Landscape.
|3rd International Sunflower Seed and 0il Conference (ISSOC) of India||Mumbai|
|The ministerial meeting of Coordinating Bureau of Non-Aligned Movement (NAM) summit||Caracas, Venezuela|
|11th biennial edition of DefExpo India 2020|
|Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh|
|Non-Aligned Movement(NAM) Ministerial Meeting||Caracas, Venezuela|
|2020 World Heritage Committee meeting||China|
|First Global Conference on Media Freedom||London|
|19th Commonwealth Foreign Affairs Ministers Meeting||London|
|India Asean Troika Trade Ministers’ Meeting||New Delhi|
|International Police Expo 2019||New Delhi|
|India ASEAN Troika Trade Ministers’ meeting||New Delhi|
Monthly Current Affairs of July 2019: New Appointments
|Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury||Chairman of the Public Accounts Committee (PAC).|
|Amna Prasad||Chairperson of Inland Waterways of India|
|Anshu Gupta||“Mrs. Asia 2019”|
|Anshula Kant||Managing Director (MD) and Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of the World Bank|
|Arjun Kumar Sikri||ombudsman and ethics officer of the Indian Federation of Sports Gaming (IFSG)|
|Arun Kumar||Chief/DG of Directorate General of civil aviation (DGCA)|
|Ashutosh Gupta||LinkedIn country manager for India|
|Benjamin Netanyahu||Prime Minister of Israel|
|Boris Johnson||Prime Minister of UK|
|Chandrakant Kavlekar||Deputy CM of Goa|
|Dejan Papic||coach of India’s table tennis|
|Ehsan Mani||Chairperson of the ICC Financial and Commercial Affairs Committee.|
|Gitanas Nausea||President of Lithuania|
|Justice A K Sikri||International Judge of Singapore International Commercial Court.|
|Harideesh Kumar||Director of IBPS|
|Karna Sekhar||MD and CFO of IOB|
|K. Natarajan||chief of India’s coastal security force|
|Kyriakos Mitsotakis||the prime minister of Greece|
|Manoj Kumar Nambiar||Chairman of Microfinance Institutions Network(MFIN)|
|N S Vishwanathan||Reappointed as RBI Deputy Governor for 1 year|
|Nalim Shinghal||Chairman and Managing Director of BHEL|
|Pravin Kumar Purwar||Chairman and Managing Director of BSNL|
|Priti Patel||1st Indian origin Home Secretary of Britain|
|Rajat Bhargava||Head of Emerging Mobility’ business unit of Hero Moto Corp|
|Sabih Khan||Senior Vice President of Operations Apple|
|Sarvita Sethi||vice president, Merger & Acquisitions (M & A) of Coca-cola|
|Ajay Kumar Bhalla||Union Home Secretary of India|
|Atanu Chakraborty||Economic Affairs Secretary of India|
|Subhash Chandra Garg||Power Secretary of India|
|Anshu Prakah||Telecom Secretary of India|
|Julie Sweet||CEO of Accenture|
|Sunil Kumar||Director of the Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Limited (MTNL).|
|Trevor Bayliss||Head coach of IPL team SunRisers Hyderabad.|
|Ursula von der Leyen (Germany)||1st female President of the European Commission|
|V K Tyagi||Chief Vigilance Officer of PNB|
|V.K. Johri||Director-General of the Border Security Force(BSF).|
|Vivek Kumar||Private secretary of PM Narendra Modi|
|Sanjeev Kumar Singla||India’s Ambassador to Israel|
|Upendra Singh Rawat||India’s Ambassador to Panama|
|Vivek Kohli||Chairman of Commonwealth Table Tennis Federation|
|Badri Narain Sharma||Chairman of National Anti-profiteering Authority (NAA) for 2 years.|
|Lt Gen Manoj Mukund Naravane||Vice Chief of Armed Force.|
|VK Johri||Director General (DG) of the Border Security Force (BSF)|
|Rahul Dravid||Indian Cricketers’ Association(ICA) head|
|BS Yediyurappa||Chief Minister of Karnataka|
|Acharya Devvrat||Governor of Gujarat|
|Anandiben Patel||Governor of Uttar Pradesh|
|Anusuiya Uikey||Governor of Chhattisgarh.|
|BiswabhusanHarichandan||Governor of Andhra Pradesh|
|Jagdeep Dhankar||Governor of West Bengal|
|Jagdeep Dhankhar||Governor West Bengal|
|Kalraj Mishra||Governor Himachal Pradesh|
|Lal Ji Tandon||Governor Madhya Pradesh|
|Phagu Chauhan||Governor of Bihar|
|R. N. Ravi||Governor Nagaland|
|Ramesh Bais||Governor Tripura|
|Naresh Kumar||Chief Secretary of Arunachal Pradesh.|
|Amit Burman||Chairman of FMCG major Dabur India|
|Ajay Bhadoo||Joint Secretary to President Ram Nath Kovind.|
|Katrina Kaif||Indian Brand Ambassador of Reebok|
Monthly Current Affairs of July 2019: Awards & Honors
|“Find The Incredible You” campaign||PATA Gold Award 2019|
|Ajay Banga and Azim Premji||2019 Global Excellence Awards|
|DD News(Doordarshan)news channel of India||“Champions of Empathy Award”|
|‘Game of Thrones’ season8||71st Emmy Awards(American fantasy drama television series)|
|Kapil Dev||Bharat Gaurav award|
|Keshav Dutt(Hockey Player), Prasun Banerjee(Former Football captain)||Mohun Bagan Ratna Award 2019.|
|Meryl Streep||Tribute Actor award at 2019 Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF).|
|NALCO||President’s award for excellent CSR in social development|
|Northeast Frontier Railway (NFR )||‘Best Innovation Award’ in Indian Railways|
|Priya Priyadarshini Jain||“Indian Women of Influence”|
|Ravinder Kumar Malik||Mr. South Asia title.|
|Shah Rukh Khan||Honorary Doctorate from La Trobe University, Melbourne.|
|Sir Mark Tully(British Journalist)||Award In London for his contribution to the UK- India relationship|
|Sudarsan Pattnaik||People’s Choice Award at a prestigious sand sculpting festival in the United States (US).|
|Gully Boy||Network for the Promotion Asian Cinema (NETPAC) Award|
|Thich Nhat Hanh ( Zen Master)||First Gandhi Mandela Peace Medal|
|Vidisha Baliyan(UP)||Miss Deaf World 2019.|
|Max Verstappen||won Austrian Grand Prix 2019|
|Max Verstappen||Won German Grand Prix 2019|
|Lewis Hamilton||6th British Grand Prix.|
|CSR Journal Excellence Awards(3rd Edition)|
|Tata Power||“Education & Skill Training”.|
|ReNew Power||“Women Empowerment & Child Welfare”.|
|Hindustan Zinc||“Agriculture & Rural Development”.|
|Aditya Birla Capital Ltd.||“Sports”|
|YES, Bank Ltd.||“Health & Sanitation”|
|Mahindra & Mahindra||“Environment”.|
|All India Football Federation (AIFF) 2018-19 Awards|
|Men’s footballer of the year||Sunil Chhetri|
|Women’s footballer of the year title||Ashalata Devi|
|AIFF Emerging Men’s Footballer of the Year 2018-19||Sahal Abdul Samad (from Kerala)|
|AIFF Emerging Women’s Footballer of the Year 2018-19||Dangmei Grace (from Manipur)|
|AIFF Award for Best Referee||R Venkatesh (from Tamil Nadu)|
|AIFF Award for the Best Assistant Referee||Joseph Tony (from Karnatak)a|
|Best Grassroots Development Programme||Jammu & Kashmir Football Association(JKFA)|
|Sports Journalists Federation of India 2019 Awards|
|SJFI Medal (Highest Honour)||Prakash Padukone (Badminton).|
|Sportsperson of the Year Award (Wrestling).||Pankaj Advani (Billiards and Snooker) and Bajrang Punia|
|Emerging Talent of the Year Award||Saurabh Choudhary (Shooting)|
|Team of the Year Award||Vidarbha Cricket Team.|
|Sangeet Natak Akademi Fellow or Akademi Ratna Awards.|
|Zakir Hussain (Tabla Virtuoso)|
|Sonal Mansingh (Dancer)|
|Jatin Goswami (Dancer and Choreographer)|
|K. Kalyanasundaram Pillai (Bharatnatyam exponent)|
|S. Sowmya||2019 Sangita Kalanidhi Award|
|Seetha Narayanan and M.S. Sheela (Vocalists)||Sangita Kala Acharya Awards|
|Vyasarpadi Kothandaraman (Nagaswaram player) and Rajkumar Bharathi(vocalist)||TTK Awards|
|Aarti N. Rao||Musicologist Award|
|Priyadarshini Govind||Nritya Kalanidhi Award (for Dance)|
July month current affairs: Books & Authors
|Books Name||Author Name|
|“A prime Minister to remember: Memorie of military Chief”||Sushil Kumar (Former Navy Chief)|
|“Whispers of Time”||Dr. Krishna Saksena|
|‘Vivekadeepini’||Jagadguru Adi Shankaracharya|
|“Chandra Shekhar: The Last Icon of Ideological Polities”||Harivansh and Ravi Dutt Bajpai|
|Kargil: Untold stories from the War||Rachna Bisht Rawat|
|New Age Technology and Industrial Revolution 4.0’ in New Delhi||Dr. Narendra Jadhav.|
|”War over Words: Censorship in India, 1930-1960”||Devika Sethi|
Monthly Current Affairs July 2019 Sports
Mary Kom- won the Gold medal at the 23rd President’s Cup in Indonesia’s Labuan Bajo
Max Verstappen wins Austrian Grand Prix
USA clinched the FIFA Women’s World Cup 2019 after defeating the Netherlands
Veer wins U-19 Asian Squash title
Ashish Kumar- won the 1st gold medal of his international career
at the Thailand Open in Bangkok
Shiva Thapa won India’s first Gold at 2019 President’s Cup boxing
The tournament, the final in Kazakhstan.
Algeria won the Africa Cup of Nations football championship for the second time after beating Senegal
Lasith Malinga Bowler of Srilanka Retire from ODI cricket.
Solomon Mire Zimbabwe’s Allrounder announced his retirement from cricket.
FIFA World Cup Women’s: The United States defeats the Netherlands
21st Commonwealth Table Tennis Championships
Men’s – Harmeet Desai
Men’s Doubles -Manav Thakkar & Anthony Amalraj
Women’s Doubles -Pooja Sahasrabudhe & Krittwika Sinha Roy
Mixed Doubles Sathiyan Gnanasekaran & Archana Kamath
Complete Winners List of Wimbledon 2019
Men’s Singles: Novak Djokovic (Serbia)
Women’s Singles: Simona Halep (Romania)
Men’s Doubles: Juan Sebastian Cabal (Colombia) / Robert Farah (Colombia)
Women’s Doubles: Hsieh Su-Wei (Chinese Taipei) / Barbora Strycova (Czech Republic)
Mixed Doubles: Ivan Dodig (Croatia) / Latisha Chan (Chinese Taipei)
Mou /Agreement on July month 2019
|India and Indonesia||for bilateral trade by 2025|
|Indal with Russia||To acquire “ Strum Ataka” anti-tank missile|
|India and Mozambique||sharing white shipping information and cooperation in the field of Hydrography.|
|India and Myanmar||Defense cooperation.|
|India and Mozambique||To strengthen the defense cooperation|
|Sri Lankan with IRCON International Ltd of India||for the upgrading of a railway track|
|West Bengal government with British Council||for brushing up the English Speaking skills of the students studying in Polytechnic Colleges in the state.|
|India and Benin||signed four MoUs on education, health and e- visa facilities.|
Rank & Index
|Money parked by its citizen with swiss bank||74th||UK|
|Henley Passport Index 20l9||86th||Japan & Singapore|
|Global Innovation Index 219||52nd||Switzerland|
|Abburi Chaya Devi||Noted Telugu writer|
|AU Celestine (73)||Former Indian football team goalkeeper|
|Basant Kumar Birla||Industrialist|
|Carlin Dunne||Renowned Motorcycle Racer|
|C.Kapoor||Former secretary Billiards and Snooker Federation of India|
|Fernando José “Corby” Corbató (93)||Inventing the computer password.|
|Fernando de la Rua||Former Argentine President|
|Hussain Muhammad Ershad||Bangladesh’s former president|
|Johnny Clegg||South African singer and songwriter|
|Keshav Rout||Odia film producer|
|Lee Iacocca||US Automobile Industry Legend|
|Mange Ram Garg (82)||Former Delhi BJP President|
|Momir Bulatovic||Former president of Montenegro|
|Pernell Whitaker||American Boxer|
|Rakesh Shukla||Former India Cricketer|
|Sheila Dikshit||Former CM of Delhi|
|Sudarshan Agarwal||Uttarakhand’s former Governor|
|Swarup Dutta||Bengali actor|
|Yukiya Amano||Director-General of UN nuclear watchdog International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA)|
NATIONAL & INTERNATIONAL NEWS
National Doctors’ Day
1st July observe as the National Doctors’ Day in India. The day is celebrated to recognize the contributions of physicians to individual lives and communities and also honor the legendary physician Dr. Bidhan Chandra Roy.
The theme for the 2019 National Doctors’ Day is ‘Zero tolerance to violence against doctors and clinical establishment’.
‘Internet Saathi’ program
Google India and Tata Trusts will launch their ‘Internet Saathi’ digital literacy program for rural women to villages in Punjab and Odisha. Now the programme is operational in 20 states.
Chattisgarh Gets India’s 1st ‘Garbage Café’ For Ragpickers
- The country’s first garbage cafe has been launched in Ambikapur in Chattisgarh’s Surguja district.
- The Municipal Corporation will provide food to the poor and homeless Persons fetching 1 kg plastic waste will be offered a full meal while those collecting 500 grams of waste will get a substantial breakfast.
- The plastic collected by the municipal corporation will be used to construct roads.
- Justis A K Sikri appointed as International judge of Singapore International commercial court.
- Coca cola appoints Sarvita Sethi as vice president, Merger & Acquisitions (M & A).
- Indian Brand Ambassador for Reebok – Varun Dhawan
- FanMojo appointed Prithvi Pankaj shaw as its brand Ambassador.
- Indian Foreign Service officer Vivek Kumar appointed as a private secretary to Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- Lewis Hamilton wins this 6th British Grand Prix.
- The West Bengal state Government constructs 8:30 Lakh Houses under the “Banglar Bari “Project.
- Indies first Ethanol-based motorcycle lunched by TVS motor – TVS Apache RTR 200 FiE100.
It was available in UP , Karnataka & Maharashtra at Rs 1.20 lakh.
- Chief Secretary of Arunachal Pradesh – Naresh Kumar
- Andhra Bank Launched a Chatbot name Abhi to give information 24×7 to customers.
- Bihar Government will provide Rs 1.5 lakh to Transgenders who want to undergo Sex change operation.
Also announced Jail for 6 months to 2 years to those were to refuse to give them a house on rent or isolate their rights.
- 21st edition of commonwealth Table Tennis championship opened at the Jawaharlal indoor Stadium, Cuttack, Odisha.
- Ursula von der leyen (Germany) was elected as the 1st female President of the European Commission by the European parliament.
- Amazon lunch an app “JEE Ready” for IIT, JEE Exam Preparation
- Sangeet Natak Aradami fellow or Akademi Ratna Award 2018 given to 4 person
1) Sonal Mansingh (Dancer)
2) Zakir Husain (Tabla)
3) Jatin Goswami (Dancer & choreography)
4) K.kalganasundaram Pillai(Bharatnatyam )
- Hussain Muhammad Ershad, Former president of Banglades passed away at age 91.
- Boxing legend “sweet pea” Pernell Whitaker(US) passed away.
- Haryana Cabinet approved the setting up of the Haryana sports university at Rai.
- India will host ISSF (International Shooting Sport Federation) world cup in 2020 which held in New Delhi from March 15 to 26, 2020
- Sharath Kamal, a professional Table Tenis player from TN, India was voted the sportsman fo the year in the Annual India oil sports conclave (IOC).
- Dubai Tourism exempts visa fees for visitors under 18 years between July 15 & Sept 15, 2019
- Palau country becomes 76th country to join the International Solar Alliance.
Head Quarter – Gurugram, India
- An international film festival of India (IFFI) will be held from 20-28 Nov 2019 in Panaji, Goa (50thedition).
- India bagged 6 gold, 3 silver, & 1 bronze in Kladno memorial Athletics meet in the Czech Republic.
- “Game of Thrones “season 8 an American drama has 32 nominations at 71st Emmy Awards (most no. of Emmy nominations received in a single year)
- Vijayveer Sidhu wins 3rd gold at the junior shooting world cup in Suhl, Germany.
- Indian Athletics Federation (IAF) has decided to host a 24 hours Asia & Oceania champions in 2020 and a 100 km Asia & Oceania Championships in 2021 in Bangalore.
- Minister of Human Resource Development Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank released Deeksharambh, a UGC Guide to Student Induction Programme. It aims to help new students to adjust and feel comfortable in the new environment.
- The Rajasthan government has launched the Student Police Cadet (SPC) scheme, a Police training program, for class 8 and 9 students.
- Benjamin Netanyahu became the longest-serving Prime Minister of Israel. He overthrew the record set by David Ben-Gurion, Israel’s founding father, and first leader. Netanyahu has spent 4,876 days, more than 13 years, in office as of 20 July 2019.
He is Israel’s youngest-ever Prime Minister as won his first election in 1996, at the age of 46.
President: Reuven Rivlin
Prime Minister: Benjamin Netanyahu
- The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare launched a special campaign named “Jan Jagrukta Abhiyaan” in New Delhi.
This campaign aimed to sensitize and mobilize the community on measures for prevention and control of Vector-Borne Diseases (VBDs).
- Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju launched the All India Football Federation’s Golden Baby Leagues handbook 2019-20.
- On the 20th anniversary of Kargil war, The Defence Minister will inaugurate two bridge projects on the rivers Ujh in Kathua district and Basantar in Samba district of Jammu division.
Hall of Fame
- Sachin Tendulkar, the former Indian Cricketer, was inducted into the International Cricket Council’s Hall of Fame. He became the sixth Indian cricketer to join the list of international players.
Indian players in the list: The Indian former cricketers in the list are Bishan Singh Bedi, Kapil Dev, Rahul Dravid, Sunil Gavaskar, Anil Kumble.
- scheme “One nation one ration card”
from July 1, 2020 ‘One Nation One Ration Card’ scheme will be available
across the country to which the poor migrant workers will be able to buy rice and wheat any ration shop in the country.
- Butterfly Tamil yeoman has been declared the state butterfly of Tamil Nadu. These are also known as Tamil Maravan, which means warrior, are found mainly in the hilly areas.
first ISA’s joint security exercise ISALEX19 host by Abu Dhabi
- International Security Alliance (ISA) is taking part in the first joint security exercise in Abu Dhabi to confront organized, transnational and extremist crimes.
- The alliance now comprises 9 countries these are the United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Morocco, France, Italy, Spain, Senegal, Singapore, and the Slovak Republic.
Indian Coast Guard (ICG) 23rd chief: K. Natarajan
Natarajan appointed as the Director-General of the Indian Coast Guard (ICG). He became the 23rd chief of India’s coastal security force.
India’s fastest train Vande Bharat successfully completes its trial run
- India’s fastest train, Vande Bharat Express complete its trial run from New Delhi to Katra was successfully conducted by the Indian Railways’ Northern Railway zone.
- Its speed is 160 km per hour
3rd Edition of the CSR Journal Excellence Awards
The 3rd edition of CSR Journal Excellence Awards honored 6 firms for the best practices in Corporate Social Responsibility.
The theme of the event was ‘India First’.
Tata Power- “Education & Skill Training”.
ReNew Power- “Women Empowerment & Child Welfare”.
Hindustan Zinc- “Agriculture & Rural Development”.
Aditya Birla Capital Ltd.- “Sports”
YES, Bank Ltd. – “Health & Sanitation”
Mahindra & Mahindra- “Environment”.
world’s largest single solar power project switched on Abu Dhabi
- The world’s largest single solar plant switched, on Noor Abu Dhabi, boasting a production capacity of nearly 1,177 MW.
- It will help preserve the Emirate’s natural gas resources.
- The project will reduce Abu Dhabi’s CO2 emissions by 1 million metric tons.
- Abu Dhabi is comprised of over 3.2 million solar panels, capable of providing enough capacity to 900,000 people.
- This is estimated to be equivalent to removing 200,000 cars off the roads.
ICRA appoints Vipul Agarwal as interim COO
Vipul Agarwal has taken over as the interim Chief Operating Officer of investment information and rating agency ICRA after the board of directors asked Naresh Takkar to proceed on leave until further notice.
Sports Journalists Federation of India 2019 Awards
- SJFI Medal (Highest Honour)-Prakash Padukone (Badminton).
- Sportsperson of the Year Award- Pankaj Advani (Billiards and Snooker) and Bajrang Punia (Wrestling).
- Emerging Talent of the Year Award- Saurabh Choudhary (Shooting).
- Team of the Year Award:-Vidarbha Cricket Team.
Carlin Dunne a Professional motorcycle racer, passed away
Professional motorcycle racer, Carlin Dunne passed away. He suffered a fatal crash during the Ducati Streetfighter V4 prototype run at Pikes Peak Hill Climb. He also is known as “The King of the Mountain”.
‘Jan Choupal’ program in Raipur, Chhattisgarh
- Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel inaugurated the ‘Jan Choupal’ program in Raipur. Under this program, public meetings will be held once every week to discuss the issues of the people.
- Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel inaugurated the ‘Jan Choupal’ program in Raipur. Under this program, public meetings will be held once every week to discuss the issues of the people.
- The index ranks states based on the degree of reforms they have undertaken in agricultural marketing.
‘Digital Udaan’ program for first-time internet users by Jio
- A Digital literacy program ’Digital Udaan’ in India which is aimed at first-time internet users. Jio and Facebook have joined for this program.
- Jio will engage its users every Saturday to help them learn about the Jio Phone features, use of apps, internet safety, and more using audio-visual training in 10 regional languages.
Industrialist BK Birla passes away
- Basant Kumar Birla, Chairman of the B K Birla Group of companies, passed away at the age of 98.
- He was also the Chairman of B K Birla Institute of Engineering and Technology, Krishnarpan Charity Trust.
IPS officer Aparna Kumar completes Seven Summit challenge
DIG, ITBP of Dehradun Aparna Kumar becomes the first IPS officer to complete the Seven Summit challenge by scaling Mt Denali in Alaska. Mt Denali is the tallest mountain in North America.
India’s first Design Development Centre ‘Fashionova’ launched in Surat, Gujarat
India’s first Design Development Center ‘Fashionova’ was launched in the Textile city Surat recently to promote the city in the field of the fashion design sector.
The main objective of this studio is to provide a strong platform to all those who have a flair of the apparel business.
UP CM launches 24×7 helpline to address people’s grievances
Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath launched a 24×7 toll-free helpline to allow people from across the state to register their grievance via a phone call on number 1076 instead of traveling all the way to Lucknow.
Longest electrified railway tunnel in India commissioned
- Indian Railways has launched the longest electrified tunnel of 6 km built at a total cost of ₹460 crores between Cherlopalli and Rapuru stations.
- The tunnel is part of the recently completed Obulavaripalli-Venkatachalam new railway line of 113 Kms.
- It located between Cherlopalli to Rapuru stations and constructed in the shape of ‘Horse Shoe’.
In Most Powerful Passport index 2019: India ranks 86th
- Indian Passport has been given the rank of 86th position with a mobility score of 58 by Henley Passport Index 2019. The score means that Indian passport holders can travel to 58 countries without any prior Visa.
- Japan and Singapore holding on to the top spot with a score of 189.
- India shares the 86th position with Mauritania, Sao Tome, and Principe.
Nepal to promote tourism opportunities in India
In a bid to promote tourism, Nepal Tourism Board is organizing a program “Visit Nepal 2020” here in India to highlight the country’s many tourist destinations.
web tool launched by Karnataka Bank for NPA recovery process
- Karnataka Bank Ltd has launched the web tool ‘Vasool So-Ft’ (Vasool So-Fast) for digitalizing the NPA (non-performing asset) recovery process of the bank.
- It will provide an end-to-end digital solution and enable easy and faster processing, real-time information and immediate decision making in the recovery area.
Economist David Lipton appointed as IMF interim leader
- David Lipton an American economist appointed as interim leader of the International Monetary Fund(IMF)
- He replacing Christine Lagarde who was nominated to head the European Central Bank.
AIR’s former newsreader Barun Haldar passes away
- Veteran Newsreader of All India Radio Barun Haldar passed away in Kolkata. He was 85. Haldar was ailing for some time.
- He was a popular presenter of Western Music in AIR Kolkata before shifting to AIR Delhi as an English Newsreader.
Nalin Shinghal appointed CMD of BHEL
State-owned engineering firm BHEL (Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited) said that Nalin Shinghal has been appointed its chairman and managing director for five years.
Harideesh Kumar appointed as Director of Institute of Banking Personnel Selection
- B Harideesh Kumar has been appointed as director of the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) for a period of three years.
- Earlier, he was Executive Director of Canara Bank and brings with him a lot of domain-related experience in the banking sector.
Former Uttarakhand Governor Sudershan Agarwal passes away
- Former Uttarakhand Governor Sudershan Agarwal passed away after a prolonged illness. He was 88.
- He served as the second Governor of the hill state between 2003 and 2007
Jaipur, Pink City of Rajasthan declared World Heritage site by UNESCO
The Walled City of Jaipur in Rajasthan, known for its iconic architectural legacy and vibrant culture, has made its entry into the UNESCO World Heritage Site list.
Operation ‘Sudarshan’ launched along the Pakistan border
- BSF has launched the operation ‘Sudarshan’ to fortify the ‘anti-infiltration grid’ along the Pakistan border in Punjab and Jammu.
- It will cover the entire 1,000-km length of the India-Pakistan International Border.
FIFA World Cup Women’s: The United States defeat the Netherlands
- United States trounced the Netherlands by 2-0 in the final of the FIFA Women’s World Cup at the Lyonnais in France.
- This is the fourth time when the United States clinched the World Cup.
- The United States won the title in 1991, 1999 and 2015.
Ian Gould retires from umpiring
Ian Gould (from the UK) announced retirement from umpiring, after standing in the World Cup match between India and Sri Lanka.
Book titled Vivekadeepini launched by Vice President Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu
Book titled Vivekadeepini, a summary of Prashnottara Ratnamalika written by Adi Shankaracharya, released by The Vice President of India, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu.
Kyriakos Mitsotakis was sworn in as Greece’s new PM
Center-right candidate Kyriakos Mitsotakis was sworn-in as the new prime minister of Greece.
World’s first interactive smartphone browser Popshot launches in India
- Popshot, the world’s first-ever interactive browser built for smartphones, has been launched in India.
- It redefines the users’ digital capabilities in exploring, bookmarking and sharing content by making it more visual, organized and direct.
World’s largest burn and plastic surgery institute starts in Dhaka
- The world’s largest burn and plastic surgery institute Sheikh Hasina National Burn and Plastic Surgery Institute, in Dhaka, Bangladesh has started functioning.
- This Institute has a 500-bed hospital with 50 ICU and 12 operation theatres will provide advanced treatment to burn patients in Bangladesh.
- The institute has been built at a cost of over 500 crores Taka.
Authored by Devika Sethi Book ”War over Words: Censorship in India, 1930-1960” released
- “War over Words: Censorship in India, 1930-1960” book authored by Devika Sethi was released and published by Cambridge University Press.
- She teaches modern Indian history at IIT-Mandi, Himachal Pradesh.
- This book described the history of censorship of publications in India over three crucial decades encompassing the Gandhian anti-colonial movement, the Second World War, Partition, and the early years of Independent India.
Ex-Argentine Pres Fernando de La Rua passes away at 81
Fernando de La Rua Former Argentine President passed away at a Buenos Aires hospital. He was hospitalized due to severe cardiac and kidney complications.
‘Gully Boy’ wins NETPAC award in Bucheon film festival
- Flim ‘Gully Boy’ has won the Network for the Promotion of Asian Cinema (NETPAC) Award at the 23rd Bucheon International Fantastic Film Festival (BIFAN) in South Korea.
- This was directed by Zoya Akhtar.
Ashutosh Gupta as country manager for India of LinkedIn
- LinkedIn, the professional social networking company announced Ashutosh Gupta as its new country manager for India.
- Gupta, who is an alumnus of IIM-Lucknow and IIT (BHU), Varanasi, is an experienced sales leader.
AIFF awards: Sunil Chhetri and Ashalata Devi
- Indian men’s footballer Sunil Chhetri and women’s footballer Ashalata Devi won the biggest prizes in their respective categories as the All India Football Federation (AIFF) announced awards for the 2018-19 season.
- Chhetri was declared as the men’s footballer of the year and Ashalata Devi women’s category footballer of the year.
Sahal Abdul Samad was declared as the emerging player of the year in the men’s category
Manipur’s Dangmei Grace was announced as the emerging player of the year in the women’s category.
Commonwealth Senior Weightlifting Championships Gold for India
- Won gold in the senior women’s 49 kg event –Mirabai Chanu
- Gold in the senior women’s 45 kg event- Jhilli Dalabehra
- won gold in the senior women’s 55kg event- Soroikhaibam Bindyarani Devi
- The gold in the senior men’s 55kg event- Rishikanta Singh
Mexico beats the US to lift 8th Gold Cup
Mexico’s men’s soccer team have won their record eighth CONCACAF Gold Cup by defeating the United States in the final.
A web portal for farmers ‘Meri Fasal Mera Byora’ launched by Haryana
- The government of Haryana launched a portal for farmers ‘Meri Fasal Mera Byora’ where farmers can avail benefits of several government schemes directly after uploading their crop-related details.
- This simple system will enable farmers to self-report their land and crop details and help them receive the benefits of several government schemes directly.
Government of India has launches “LaQshya”
- An initiative “LaQshya” (Labour room Quality improvement Initiative) to improve quality of care in labor room and maternity operation theatres in public health facilities launched by the Government of India.
- Its main aim is to reduce preventable maternal and newborn mortality, morbidity and stillbirths associated with the care around delivery in the Labour Room and Maternity Operation Theatre and ensure respectful maternity care.
Spektr-RG, a New X-Ray Observatory, into Space launched by Russia
The Russian space agency has launched Proton-M rocket carrying the Spektr-RG(Spectrum Roentgen Gamma) space telescope from the Baikonur Cosmodrome in Kazakhstan
Kaushik Ganguly’s ‘Nagarkirtan’ wins at SAARC film fest
- Director Kaushik Ganguly’s Bengali outing ‘Nagarkirtan‘, a love story of a transwoman and a flutist, has won big at this year’s SAARC film festival, bagging four awards, including ‘Best Feature Film’.
- At the ninth edition of the SAARC fest in Colombo, ‘Nagarkirtan’ was honored with ‘Best Feature Film’, ‘Best Director’, ‘Best Actor’ and ‘Best Original Score’ awards.
Former Secretary, BSFI, C. Kapur passed away
The former secretary of Billiards and Snooker Federation of India C.Kapur passed away.
MD, CFO of World Bank Group: Anshula Kant
- Indian banker Anshula Kant has been appointed as the World Bank Group’s Managing Director and Chief Financial Officer.
- Kant is presently serving as the Managing Director of the State Bank of India (SBI), where she previously served as Chief Financial Officer.
YouTube introduces ‘Learning Playlists’ for educational videos
- “Learning Playlists “ features for educational videos introduces by YouTube with dedicated landing pages on topics like math, science, music, and language, free from algorithmic recommendations.
- It is from beginner to advanced lessons to help viewers’ focus on their lessons without distractions.
The UK hosts First Global Conference on Media Freedom
- The first Global Conference on Media Freedom took place in London On 10 and 11 July.
- The event, organized by the UK government and the government of Canada, is the first of its kind and over 60 ministers attended as well as over 1,000 reporters and members of civil society.
Tropical Storm Barry hits Louisiana in the US
- In the United States, Tropical Storm Barry has begun hitting Louisiana with wind and rain, building towards hurricane strength.
- With the storm expected to blow ashore as the first hurricane of the season, National Guard troops and rescue crews were posted around the State with boats, high-water vehicles, and helicopters.
Meghalaya becomes the first state to have a water policy
- The state Meghalaya became the first state to approve a draft water policy to address water issues, conservation, and protection of water sources in the state.
- At village level and the issue of groundwater will also be catered through this policy The committees will be formed.
- It checks, if it has a high content of iron or if it’s acidic.
Accenture appoints Julie Sweet as new CEO
- Julie Sweet appointed as new CEO of Accenture, who played an integral role in the company’s business and investment strategy,
- David Rowland appointed as Executive Chairman.
Commonwealth Foreign Affairs Ministers Meeting(19th) in London
Commonwealth Foreign Affairs Ministers Meeting (19th) was held in London. External Affairs Minister conveyed India’s stand at the meet.
China to host the 2020 World Heritage Committee meeting
- The Unesco has announced that the Chinese city of Fuzhou will host the 44th session of the World Heritage Committee in 2020.
- The decision concluded the 43rd session of the World Heritage Committee meeting in Baku, Azerbaijan.
Lal Bahadur Shastri Statue unveiled by PM
- The Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi unveiled the statue of Sh. Lal Bahadur Shastri former Prime Minister of India, at the Lal Bahadur Shastri International Airport in Varanasi.
- Lal Bahadur Shastri Statue unveiled by PM
- It is built by Northern Coalfields, a subsidiary of Coal India.
Bharatmala Pari yojana Phase-I
- Bharatmala Pari yojana Phase-I approved by The Government of India to develop 24,800 km Highways along with 10,000 km residual NHDP stretches over a period of five years.
- Its development of Border & International Connectivity roads for a length of 2000 km has also been envisaged with an outlay of Rs 25,000 crore.
Sri Lanka eliminates measles
- Sri Lanka has measles free announced by the WHO (World Health Organization). This disease interrupting transmission of the indigenous virus that causes the killer childhood disease.
- It became 5th country in the World Health Organisation (WHO) Southeast Asia region to eliminate measles.
world’s largest Metal Dome inaugurated by Ukraine
- world’s largest movable metal dome inaugurated by Ukraine encasing the destroyed reactor at the Chernobyl plant.
- Its height is 108-meter.
- Its weights are 36,000 tonnes.
Katrina Kaif became a brand ambassador of Reebok
- Reebok Fitness brand has announced Bollywood actor Katrina Kaif as its new brand ambassador in India.
- She trains hard for a fitter and better self each day embodies the brand ethos and is an inspiration for today’s generation.
Celestine Former India goalkeeper passed away
- A .U.Celestine Former India football goalkeeper from Tamil Nadu passed away.
- He played in men’s team in the senior Nationals as a keeper in the 1965 and 69 National championships.
Atlas,” Manav” launched by the Department of Biotechnology (DBT)
- A new human atlas Manav, initiative launched by the Department of Biotechnology (DBT) and Persistent Systems, a biotechnology company towards improving knowledge on human biology.
- The main aim is to create a database of a molecular network of all the tissues in the human body.
- They will help scientists to understand the differential molecular factors vary between diseased states versus a healthy state of an organ.
International Tiger Day( 29th July)
- 29th July observed as International Tiger Day every year to promote a global system for protecting the natural habitats of tigers and to raise public awareness and support for tiger conservation
- The aim is to double the big cat population by 2022.
- The all India Tiger Estimation Report 2018 has released by PM Narendra Modi. India now has 2,967 tigers.
Agri-Business Incubation Centre started in Chhattisgarh under RAFTAAR Scheme
- An Agri-Business Incubation Centre has started in Chhattisgarh under the National Agriculture Development Scheme- RAFTAAR.
- It’s center set up by the Union Agriculture Ministry in the Indira Gandhi Agriculture University of Raipur.
Odisha Rasagola gets Geographical Indications Tag
- The Rasagola, a popular sweet of Odisha, has received the geographical indication tag from the Registrar of Geographical Indication.
- It has GI number 612 which has been registered in Odisha Small Industries Corporation Limited.
- Historical records submitted say the ‘Odisha Rasagola’ is associated with world-famous Puri Jagannath Temple.
CM of Odisha: Naveen Patnaik.
Governor of Odisha: Ganeshi Lal.
Odisha Secretariat renamed Lok Seva Bhavan
- In the State Assembly, Odisha Chief Minister announced that the Sachivalaya or Secretariat building in Bhubaneswar will now be called as ‘Lok Seva Bhavan’.
- On November 12, 1959, Odisha Secretariat building was inaugurated.
J&K District Administration Udhampur launches helpline “Jeene Do”
District Administration Udhampur, Jammu Kashmir launches helpline “Jeene Do” to improve sex ratio and deal with defaulters of Pre-Conception and Pre-Natal Diagnostic Techniques PCPNDT Act under the Centrally sponsored Beti Bachao Beti Padhao scheme.
To promote women entrepreneurs NITI Aayog partners with WhatsApp
NITI Aayog and WhatsApp, have announced a partnership to support the growth of a robust ecosystem to promote women entrepreneurs in India under the aegis of its Women Entrepreneurship Platform (WEP).
Banning of Unregulated Deposit Schemes Bill passed by Rajya Sabha
- The Banning of Unregulated Deposit Schemes Bill, 2019 passed by the Rajya Sabha.
- It aims to introduce a mechanism that will curb Ponzi schemes. It will protect the interest of depositors.
India’s first space tech park in Thiruvananthapuram set up by Kerala
The Kerala government will set up the country’s first space tech park at Thiruvananthapuram. It’s aimed at making the city a manufacturing hub for space-related technology.
Sports in July 2019
Austrian Grand Prix won by Max Verstappen
Max Verstappen won the Austrian Grand Prix for the second year in a row while champion Mercedes lost for the first time in this season.
Veer wins U-19 Asian Squash title
India’s Veer Chotrani beat compatriot Yash Fadte to win the U-19 title at the Asian Junior Squash Championship. With the victory, Veer became the third Indian to win the Asian trophy after Ravi Dixit and Vela Senthilkumar
Jerlin Anika, Tamil Nadu girl wins a gold medal in World Deaf Youth Badminton Championship
- Jerlin Anika, Tamil Nadu girl has won the gold medal in the World Deaf Youth Badminton Championships held in Taipei.
- Anika bagged four medals in the championship, including the gold, two silver, and one bronze.
Mary Kom wins gold at President’s Cup
Six-time world champion boxer Mary Kom clinched the gold medal in the 23rd President’s Cup in 51Kg category in Labuan Bajo, Indonesia.
Table Tennis mixed doubles will play in Tokyo Olympics 2020
For the first time in the Olympic Games’ Table Tennis mixed doubles event in Tokyo 2020. The Tokyo Organising Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games said this on its Twitter handle.
Imran Tahir announces retirement from ODI Cricket
South African Imran Tahir announced his retirement from ODI cricket following a 10-run win over Australia in South Africa’s final match of the 2019 Cricket World Cup.
21st Commonwealth Table Tennis Championship hosted in Odisha
Odisha Government is set to host the 21st Commonwealth Table Tennis Championship at the Jawaharlal Indoor Stadium in Cuttack, scheduled for July 17 to 22.
Hima bags gold in Poznan Athletics Grand Prix
Hima Das, the under-20 World champion has won the gold medal in women’s 200m in the Poznan Athletics Grand Prix in Poznan, Poland
Hima bags gold at Kutno Athletics Meet
- Hima Das Indian sprinter finished at the top in women’s 200m at Kutno Athletics Meet and bagged her second gold.
- Earlier Hima had won gold at the 200m women’s race in the Poznan Athletics Grand Prix.
Rahul Dravid appointed as head of National Cricket Academy
- Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) appointed former cricketer Rahul Dravid as the head of National Cricket Academy (NCA), Bengaluru.
- Dravid will look after all cricket-related activities at the NCA and he will be involved in mentoring, coaching, training and motivating players, coaches and the support staff at the academy.
2019 Croatia Grand Chess Tour title won by Magnus Carlsen
Croatia Grand Chess Tour title 2019 won by Magnus Carlsen. He scored 8 points. Wesley So finished second with 7 points.
India’s Viswanathan Anand ended up with 4.5 points and finished 11th.
Keshav Dutt, Prasun Banerjee was chosen for Mohun Bagan Ratna
- Keshav Dutt and former India Football Captain Prasun Banerjee will be conferred the ‘Mohun Bagan Ratna’ during its annual day celebrations on the 29th of this month.
- Ashok Chatterjee will be given the Lifetime Achievement award.
- The Mariners will also give Life Memberships to Sourav Ganguly, ChuniGoswami, Dr. Vece Paes, Prasenjit Chatterjee, and Deb Shankar Halder.
- This is for the first time Mohun Bagan’s executive committee has decided to confer their highest honor to a non-footballer.
- July 29 is celebrated as the ‘Mohun Bagan Day’ because on this day in 1911, the Mariners became the first club to defeat a British club, East YorkshireRegiment, and lift the IFA Shield.
Dutee Chand wins gold in World University Games
Sprinter Dutee Chand won the 100m gold medal in the ongoing World University Games in Napoli, Italy.
Amir khan wins WBC international welterweight title
Olympic silver medallist Amir Khan clinched the WBC international welterweight title after knocking out Australian Billy Dib in the fourth round of his bout in the inaugural Super Boxing League in Jeddah.
Simona Halep wins maiden Wimbledon title
Romanian Simona Halep stunned Serena Williams 6-2, 6-2 in the finals to win her maiden Wimbledon title.
Nigeria to host 2020 U-20 World Cup
The International Federation of Association Football (FIFA) has awarded the hosting rights for the 10th edition of the Under-20 Women’s World Cup to be held in 2020, to Nigeria.
FIFA U-17 World Cup 2019 to be hosted by Brazil
The Estádio Bezerrão in Brasília (Gama) will make football history on 26 October 2019 when it hosts the opening match of the FIFA U-17 World Cup, the first-ever edition of this prestigious tournament to be staged in Brazil.
Three cities and four stadiums will host the FIFA U-17 World Cup Brazil 2019
Arjen Robben announces retirement from football
Arjen Robben, the former Bayern Munich, and Netherland forward announced his retirement from football. The 35-year-old has featured in over 500 matches for the club and his country in the entire career
You can read also:
- 24 Current Affairs MCQ Questions(June 2019)
Click Below to Download July month current affairs Pdf