Dear Aspirants here we provide Monthly Current Affairs of June 2019 including Important Days with their Theme, Summit and Conference ,New Appointments in various post, Awards & Honors, Books ,Sports, MoU and Agreement, Committee ,Obituaries and National & International News. These are collected from all newspapers and Internet .which have unique updates of all daily events from. It helps aspirants for SSC, Railway NTPC, JE, State PSU & all competitive exams. Happy Reading…
Monthly Current Affairs(June 2019):IMPORTANT DAYS
|1st June||World Milk Day|
Theme-“Drink Milk:Today and Everyday”
|1st June||Global Day of Parents|
Theme –“Honor Your Parents”
|2nd June||Telengana Statehood Day|
|2nd June||International Sex Workers Day|
|3rd June||World Bicycle Day(2nd )|
|4th June||International Day of Innocent Children Victims of Aggression|
|5th June||World Environment Day|
Theme-“Beat Air Pollution”
|6th June||UN Russian Language Day|
|7th June||World Food Safety Day|
Theme- “Food Safety, everyone’s business”
|3rd-7th June||Financial Literacy Week|
|8th June||World Oceans Day|
Theme-“Gender and the Ocean”
|8th June||World Brain Tumour Day|
|11th June||Green Mizoram Day|
|12th June||World Day against Child Labour|
Theme-“Children shouldn‟t work in fields, but on dreams”
|13th June||International Albinism Awareness Day|
|14th June||World Blood Donor Day|
Theme: “Safe blood for all”
|15th June||ASEAN Dengue Day|
|June 15th||World Elder Abuse Awareness Day (WEAAD)|
|15th June||Global Wind Day|
|16th June||International Day of Family Remittances (IDFR)|
|16th June||World Sea Turtle Day|
|3rd Sunday of June(16th June)||Father’s Day|
|17th June||World Day to Combat Desertification and Drought|
Theme- “Let‟s Grow the Future Together”
|18th June||World Sustainable Gastronomy Day|
|19th June||International Day for Elimination of Sexual Violence in Conflict|
|19th June||World Sickle Cell Day|
|20th June||World Refugee Day|
Theme- “Step With Refugee: Take A Step on World”
|June 21st||World Music Day|
|21st June||4th International Yoga Day|
Theme: “Yoga for Climate Action”
|21st June||World Hydrography Day|
Theme –“Hydrographic Information driving marine Knowledge”.
|23rd June||United Nations Public Service Day|
|23rd June||International Olympic Day|
|June 23rd||World Public Service Day|
|23rd June||International Widows Day|
|25th June||Day of the Seafarer|
Campaign- “I Am On Board with gender equalit”
|25th -26th June||Anti Emergency day|
|26th June||International Day Against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking|
Theme-“Health for Justice, justice for Health”
|26th June||International Day in Support of Victims and Nature|
|27th June||UN Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises Day (MSME) Day|
|29th June||National Statistics Day|
Theme -“Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)”
|29th June||International Day of Tropics|
|30th June||International Day of Parliamentarism|
|30th June||International Asteroid Day|
Monthly Current Affairs( June 2019): Summit / Conference
|Summit / Conference||Place|
|The Global Entrepreneurship Summit (GES)||India|
|China Bilateral Dialogue on Disarmament & Non Proliferation||New Delhi|
|2nd Global Disability Summit||Buenos Aires, Argentina 6 to 8 June 2019|
|Asian Leadership Summit||Bhutan|
|G20 Finance Ministers Meeting||Fukuoka, Japan|
|3rd Indo-French cyber dialogue 2019||Paris|
|SCO (Cooperation Organization)summit||Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan|
|12th Conference of States Parties to Convention to Rights of PwDs”||New York.|
|16th Asia media summit||Cambodia|
|CICA(Conference on Interaction and Confidence Building Measures in Asia) Summit 2019||Dushanbe, Tajikistan|
|Kimberley Process Intersessional Meeting 2019||Mumbai|
|14th summit of the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC)||Mecca, Saudi Arabia|
|The fifth meeting of the Governing Council of NITI Aayog||New Delhi|
|20th Meeting of the Financial Stability and Development Council(FSDC)||New Delhi|
|G20 summit 2019||Osaka, Japan|
|G20 summit 2020||Riyadh, Saudi Arabia|
|2021, G20 summit||Italy|
|2022, G20 summit||India|
Monthly Current Affairs( June 2019):New Appointments
|Ajay Singh||Member of IATA (Board of International Air Transport Association)|
|Ajit Doval||National Security Adviser (NSA)|
|Alok Vardhan Chaturvedi||Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT)|
|Amish Tripathi||Director of Nehru Center (London)|
|Amit Agarwal||New chairman of Internet and Mobile Association of India (IAMAI)|
|Amitabh Kant||NITI Aayog CEO|
|Anton Aditya Subowo||President of Badminton Asia|
|Anita Bhatia||UN Deputy Executive Director|
|Arun Kumar||Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) (Additional charge)|
|Arun Kumar Sahu||High Commissioner of India to Republic of Trinidad and Tobago|
|Arvind Kumar||Director of Intelligence Bureau (IB)|
|Bhola Nath Shukla||Chairman-cum-Managing Director of Mahanadi Coalfields Ltd (MCL)|
|Gianni Infantino||President of FIFA|
|Dr Gaurav Nigam||‘Innovative Research Excellence Award 2019’|
|Mohamed Ould Ghazouani||President of Mauritania(1st Elected President)|
|Inger Andersen||Executive Director of United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)|
|J K Tripathy||Director General of Tamil Nadu Police|
|Justice Prasanta Kumar Saikia||Chairperson of Lokayukta in Arunachal Pradesh|
|K Natarajan||Director General (DG) of Indian Coast Guard (ICG)|
|K S Dhatwalia||Director General of IIMC|
|K. Shanmugam||Tamil Nadu Chief Secretary|
|Kassym Jomart Tokayev||President of Kazakhstan|
|Keshni Anand Arora||Chief Secretary of Haryana|
|Laxman Narasimhan||CEO of Reckitt Benckiser|
|Mrutyunjay Mohapatra||Director General of India Meteorological Department (IMD)|
|Muktesh Kumar Pardeshi||Indian Ambassador to Belize|
|Nayib Bukele||New President of El Salvador|
|Nripendra Misra||Principal Secretary of Prime Minister|
|P B Acharya (Nagaland Governor)||Governor of Manipur (Additional charge)|
|P.K. Mishra||Additional Principal Secretary of Prime Minister|
|PB Acharya||Manipur Governor|
|PJS Pannu||Deputy Chief of Integrated Defence staff (operations)|
|Pradeep Kumar Sinha||Cabinet Secretary|
|Prasanta Kumar Saikia||Chairperson of Lokayukta of Arunachal Pradesh|
|Prashant Kumar||Acting Chief Justice of Jharkhand High Court|
|Prayuth Chan Ocha||Prime Minister of Thailand|
|Qu Dongyu||Director General of United Nation’s Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)|
|Rakesh Makhija||Chairman of Axis Bank|
|Rabi N Mishra||Executive Director of RBI|
|Raghvendra Singh Chauhan||Chief Justice of Telangana High Court|
|Rajiv Mehrishi (CAG)||External Auditor of World Health Organization (WHO)|
|Rishad Premji||Executive Chairman of Wipro|
|Romila Thapar||International Member of American Philosophical Society (APS)|
|Sachin Bansal||Independent Director of Ujjivan Small Finance Bank|
|Satish Chandra Verma||Advocate General of Chhattisgarh|
|Sharad Kumar||Interim Central Vigilance Commissioner (CVC)|
|Shefali Juneja||India’s representative in Council of International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO)|
|Sonia Gandhi||Elected as leader of Congress Parliamentary Party|
|Sun Weidong||New Ambassador of China to India|
|Thawarchand Gehlot||Leader of Rajya Sabha (Council of States)|
|Tijjani Muhammad Bande||President of 74th session of the UN General Assembly (UNGA)|
|V Ramasubramanian||Chief Justice of Himachal Pradesh High Court|
|V Ravi Anshuman||Part-time Member of Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI)|
|V.S. Kaumud||Director General of Bureau of Police Research and Development (BPR&D)|
|Zuzana Caputova||Slovakia´s first female president|
|Y. S. Jagan Mohan Reddy||Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh|
|Pema Khandu||Chief Minister of Arunachal Pradesh|
|Naveen Patnaik||Chief Minister of Odisha (5th consecutive term)|
|Prem Singh Tamang||Chief Minister Sikkim|
|Virendra Kumar||Pro tem Speaker of 17th Lok Sabha|
|Om Birla||17th Lok Sabha Speaker|
|VP Sivakolundhu||Speaker of Puducherry Assembly|
|Tammineni Sitaram||Speaker of Andhra Pradesh Assembly|
|Pasang Dorjee Sona||Speaker of Arunachal Pradesh Assembly|
|Surjya Narayan Patro||Speaker of Odisha Assembly|
|L. B. Das||Speaker of Sikkim Assembly|
Monthly Current Affairs( June 2019):Awards & Honors
|Name of Person||Awards & Honors|
|Akshaya Patra||BBC World Service Global Champion Award|
|Amitav Ghosh||54th Jnanpith Award (1st English Language writer)|
|Purushottam Sawrikar, Makhan Singh Khangure and Vijay Kumar||Order of Australia Award (Australia’s highest civilian honour)|
|Actress Sheela||J C Daniel Award|
|Sunder Pichai, Nasdaq’s Friedman||2019 Global Leadership Award|
|Gaurav Nigam||Innovative Research Excellence Award 2019|
|Greta Thunberg||Amnesty International’s ‘Ambassador of Conscience’ Award 2019|
|Makarand Tilloo||‘Save Water Hero Award’|
|Jimmy Carter||George H. W. Bush Award for Statesmanship|
|Kalu police station (Bikaner)||Best Police Station in India|
|Mahindra (Indian automobile firm)||Gold Award by South Africa’s National Automobile Dealers’ Association (NADA)|
|Priyanka Chopra||Humanitarian award by UNICEF|
|Suman Rao||Miss India 2019|
|Medical & Health Department, Rajasthan||Tobacco Control Award 2019 by WHO|
|NALCO (National Aluminium Company)||President’s award for utilisation of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) fund in social development|
|Nia Tony||22nd Emirates Recycling Award (Paper section)|
|Nitesh Kumar Jangir||2019 Commonwealth Secretary General’s Innovation for Sustainable Development Award|
|Pratibha Patil (Former Indian President)||Order of the Aztec Eagle Award (Mexico’s highest civilian honour for foreigners)|
|Priya Serrao||Miss Universe Australia 2019|
|Priyanka Chopra||Danny Kaye Humanitarian Award by UNICEF|
|Pullela Gopichand||Honorary doctorate by IIT Kanpur|
|Rachna Khaira (The Tribune News Service)||RedInk Award for Excellence in Indian Journalism (Journalist of the Year 2019)|
|Tayari Jones||2019 Women’s Prize for Fiction|
|Mohammed Safi of Mookkuthala||Lalithakala Akademi awards|
|Veyil Marangal||Outstanding Artistic Achievement Award at Shanghai International Film Festival [1st Indian film]|
|Xi Jinping (Chinese President)||Manas Order of the First Degree (Highest national award of Kyrgyzstan)|
Monthly Current Affairs :Books
|Cricket World Cup: The Indian Challenge||Ashis Ray|
|Lessons Life Taught Me Unknowingly||Anupam Kher(Autobiography)|
|The New Delhi Conspiracy||Meenakshi Lekhi|
Monthly Current Affairs :Sports
|35th men’s Asian Snooker Championship held in Doha||Pankaj Advani|
|Canadian Grand Prix||Mercedes Driver Lewis Hamilton|
|Cantor Fitzgerald U21 International 4Nations title in Hockey||India|
|FIH Men’s Series Finals||India|
|France Grand Prix||Mercedes Driver Lewis Hamilton|
|International Hockey Federation (FIH) Men’s Hockey Series||Japan|
|International Rugby 5s||India (First ever winner)|
|French Open 2019 Tennis Winners|
|Men’s Singles||Rafael Nadal (Spain). |
He Defeated Dominic Thiem (Austria).
|Women’s Singles||Ashleigh Barty (Australia). |
She Defeated Markéta Vondrousova (Czech Republic).
|Men’s Doubles||Kevin Krawietz AND Andreas Mies(Germany). They defeated France’s Jeremy Chardy AND Fabrice Martin.|
|Women’s Doubles|| Timea Babos (Hungary) AND Kristina Mladenovic (France). |
They Defeated China’s Duan Yingying AND Zheng Saisai.
|Mixed Doubles||Latisha Chan (Chinese Taipei) AND Ivan Dodig (Croatia)|
|Boys’ Single||Holger Vitus Nodskov Rune (Denmark)|
|Girls’ Single||Leylah Annie Fernandez (Canada)|
Birmingham Classic Women’s Tennis 2019 (England) Winners
|Single||Ashleigh Barty (Australia).|
She Defeated Julia Gorges (Germany).
|Double||Hsieh Su wei (Chinese Taipei) AND Barbora Strycova (Czech Republic)|
|2019 Mallorca Open Women’s Title (Spain) Winners|
|Single||Sofia Kenin (United States)|
|Double||Kirsten Flipkens (Belgium) AND Johanna Larsson (Sweden)|
|Halle Open Men’s Tennis 2019 Winners|
|Single||Roger Federer (Switzerland). He defeated David Goffin (Belgium).|
|Double||Raven Klaasen (South Afric) AND Michael Venus (New Zealand).|
|2019 ITTF World Tour Hong Kong Open Winners|
|Men’s Singles||Lin Gaoyuan (China).|
|Men’s Doubles||China’s Liang Jingkun and Lin Gaoyuan.|
|Women’s Singles||Wang Yidi (China)|
|Women’s Doubles||China’s Chen Ke and Mu Zi won.|
Monthly Current Affairs: Mou /Agreement
|India and World Bank||To provide basic urban services to the people of Jharkhand and help improve the management capacity of the urban local bodies (ULBs) in the State|
|Indian Railway and French National Railways||To support the Railway Station Development Program in India.|
|India and Kyrgyzstan||For collaborative research work on High Altitude Biology and Medicine.|
|India and Bolivia||Facilitate the exchange of information, expert meetings, seminars, technical visits and implementation of jointly agreed cooperation projects.|
|India and Thailand||In the field of Astronomy, Astrophysics, Atmospheric Science|
|India and Russia||Understanding on the cooperation between Research Designs and Standards Organisation, under the Ministry of Railways, India and Railway Research Institute, Russia and Research and Design Institute for Information Technology, Signalling, and Telecommunication on Railway Transport, Russia.|
|India and Finland||On the cooperation in the area of Cyber Security between India and Finland|
|India and World Bank||For the Uttarakhand Public Financial Management Strengthening Project that will help improve the State‘s ability to manage its Financial Systems and lead to Better Utilization of Development Resources|
Monthly Current Affairs:Committee
|Head of Committee||Purpose|
|Bibek Debroy Committee||To identify ways of advancing beekeeping in India|
|Kasturirangan committee||New National Education Policy|
|Nandan Nilekani Committee||Suggest a host of measures, including elimination of charges, round the clock RTGS and NEFT facility, and duty-free import of point of sales machines.|
|U K Sinha Committee||Recommendations for MSME Sector|
|V G Kannan Committee||To review the ATM interchange fee structure with a “view to increasing the ATM deployment in the unbanked areas”|
Monthly Current Affairs : Obituaries
|Abburi Chayadevi||Noted Telugu Writer|
|Ahmed Essop||India born Noted South African author and educationist.|
|Babu Narayanan||Malayalam Film director|
|Brij Mohan Khaitan|| Noted industrialist. |
He was chairman of Eveready Industries and McLeod Russel.
He is also known as Evergreen tea man of India.
|Crazy Mohan||Noted Tamil writer, comedian and actor.|
|Dinyar Contractor||Noted Hindi comedian and film actor.|
|Franco Zeffirelli||Noted Italian director.|
His film ‘Romeo and Juliet’.
|Girish Karnad||Noted Indian actor, director, and Kannada writer.|
He was a recipient of 1998 Jnanpith Award.
|Jharna Dhara Chowdhury||Noted social activist from Bangladesh.|
|José Antonio Reyes||Spanish Footballer.|
|Madan Lal Saini||Rajasthan BJP chief|
|Malcolm John Rebennack|| Noted American musician.|
He was Six-time Grammy Prize Winner.
|Mohan Ranade||Freedom Fighter (Goa’s liberation movement)|
|N. Lingappa||Noted athletics coach (Dronacharya Award).|
|Pazhavila Ramesan||Noted Malayalam Poet and lyricist from Kerala.|
|Prakash Pant||Incumbent Uttarakhand Finance Minister.|
|R V Janakiraman||Former Puducherry Chief Minister.|
|Ruma Guha Thakurta||Noted Bengali Actor singer. She was first wife of Noted actor singer Kishore Kumar.|
|Shyam Sundar Mitra||Former Bengal cricketer|
|Thanjavoor Ramamoorthy||Noted mridangam classical music expert.|
|Vijaya Nirmala||Noted Telugu actress and director|
Monthly Current Affairs: NATIONAL & INTERNATIONAL NEWS
Current Monetary Policy Rates
Repo Rate – 5.75 %
Reverse Repo – 5.50 %
Bank Rate – 6 %
CRR (Cash Reserve Ratio) – 4 %
SLR (Statutory Liquidity Ratio) – 19 % (RBI decided to reduce SLR from to 18.0% in six quarterly installments beginning January 2019)
Marginal Standing Facility (MSF) Rate – 6 %
Russia launches 1st Arctic Train Service
- In Russia, the first tourist train traveling through Russia’s Arctic region and on to Norway set off from St. Petersburg station. It came from seven countries including the US, Germany, Norway, and Russia.
Free travel for Women in Delhi Buses, Metro for “Safety”
- Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal announced Free travel for Women in Delhi on public transport.
In Saudi Arabia ‘Gandhi Cycle Rally for Peace’ organised
- In Saudi Arabia, Indian Embassy organized ‘Gandhi Cycle Rally for Peace’ in association with the Diplomatic Quarter Authority and Saudi Cycling Federation to mark the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
- The rally was flagged off by Dr Ausaf Sayeed, Ambassador of India to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia with Seven teams along the 6 km long route.
- The Cycle Rally was part of the series of events organized globally by the Government of India to commemorate the 150th Birth Anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
SriLankan Airlines named world’s most punctual
- SriLankan Airlines has been named the ‘World’s Most Punctual Airline’ for the second consecutive time.
Saudi Arabia became the first Arab country to get FATF membership
- Saudi Arabia became the first Arab country to get full membership of the Financial Action Task Force (FATF).
- The number of permanent members in the FATF group accounted to 39.
Vietnam elected to Asian seat on UN Security Council
- Vietnam elected to Asian seat on UN Security Council behalf of the Asian countries in an election.
Facebook’s digital currency ‘Libra’ in 2020
- Facebook, announced a digital wallet subsidiary called ‘Calibra’ that would launch Blockchain-powered cryptocurrency ‘Libra’ next year to help nearly one billion people globally who don’t have a bank account but do have a mobile phone.
- This digital wallet for ‘Libra’ currency would be available in Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp and as a stand-alone app in 2020. It has tied up with 27 organizations around the world to start the non-profit Libra Association to create the new currency.
Facebook launches game show “Confetti” (1st interactive)in India
- Social network site Facebook launched a game show its first interactive game show, “Confetti” in India.
- This show will air from Wednesday to Sunday on Facebook’s dedicated video platform Facebook Watch Starting from June 12.
The International Olympic Committee (IOC) formally opened its new headquarters in Lausanne, Switzerland.
- IOC formally opened its new headquarters in Lausanne, Switzerland.
- The Olympic House has been built on the site of the former headquarters, and 95 percent of the old materials were reused and recycled.
HCL to roll out “Tech Bee” programme
- HCL started “Tech Bee” program, under which it trains and hires students who have completed XII the standard, across several states.
- It was available only to academically brilliant class XII students who want to take up IT Careers right after class XII. This is a one year program which prepares students for IT roles.
- Enrolled students are paid a stipend of Rs 10,000 per month.
Telangana CM inaugurates world’s biggest pumphouse at Kaleswaram
- Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrashekhar Rao also inaugurated the world’s biggest pumphouse at the Medigadda along with the Kaleswaram Lift Irrigation project world’s largest Lift Irrigation project.
Maharaja Ranjit Singh statue unveiled at Lahore Fort
- On 180th death anniversary of Ranjit Singh, the bronze statue of Maharaja Ranjit Singh has unveiled at Lahore fort near Maharani Jinda haveli at Lahore.
- Minister for tourism Punjab (Pakistan) unveiled the statue and claimed the government was taking steps towards improving tourism and special attention was being given to religious tourism.
Canada to ban single-use plastics by 2021
- The Canadian government announced that it will ban single-use plastics as early as 2021 to stop the harmful effects of using plastic.
Sri Lanka launches first satellite Ravana-1 into orbit
- Sri Lanka’s first satellite‘Ravana-1’ was successfully launched into orbit from the International Space Station (ISS) along with with two other BIRDS 3 satellites from Japan and Nepal.
Under Bharatmala project highways of 35000 km to be built by 2022
- In India, construction or upgradation of about 35,000 kilometers of national highways are to be undertaken by 2022 under the ‘Bharatmala Project’.
Dzukou Valley, Nagaland becomes Plastic Free Zone on World Environment Day
- In Nagaland, the scenic Dzukou Valley has become Plastic Free Zone on the occasion of World Environment Day on 5th June.
‘Swachhta Pakhwada’ observed by MNRE from 1-15 June
- To awareness for the importance of Swachhata in life Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) observed Swachhta Pakhwada (cleanliness fortnight) from 1st June to 15th June 2019 by various activities.
For elephants, a water clinic opens in Mathura
- India has opened its first specialized hydrotherapy treatment for elephants suffering from arthritis, joint pain and foot ailments in Mathura, Uttar Pradesh.
Maharashtra govt announces a scheme for smokeless kitchens
- A project at providing a smoke-free environment in the kitchen for women will be launched by the Maharashtra government.
- The project, named “Chullah (wood-fired stove)-free and smoke-free Maharashtra”, will target the women who have not benefited under the Ujjwala or any other LPG distribution scheme.
Kolhapuri chappal Namma gets GI tag
- Kolhapuri chappal Namma has earned Geographical indication tag from Intellectual Property India. The approval for GI tag was jointly received by Karnataka and Maharashtra.
- These are hand-crafted and tanned using vegetable dyes.
Mela Kheer Bhawani celebrated in Jammu and Kashmir
- Mela Kheer Bhawani festival was celebrated in Jammu & Kashmir on Zeashta Ashtami.
- Hundreds of Kashmiri Pandit devotees prayed at the famous Ragnya Devi temple here in Jammu and Kashmir’s Ganderbal district.
Chaukhandi Stupa declares as of national important monument
- Chaukhandi Stupa an ancient Buddhist site located in Sarnath, Uttar Pradesh, has been declared as a Monument by Archaeological Survey of India (ASI).
- It was built to mark the place where Lord Buddha met his first disciples as he traveled from Bodhgaya to Sarnath.
Country’s basketball hub setup in Punjab
- Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh announced to make the state the country’s basketball hub.
India set up its first Dinosaur Museum
- First Dinosaur Museum cum Park of India was inaugurated in Mahisagar district , Gujarat .
- The museum was inaugurated by Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani at Raiyoli near Balasinor.
- Raiyoli is the 3rd largest dinosaur fossil site in the world, and also the 2nd largest dinosaur hatchery in the world.
India set up a national maritime heritage museum partners with Portugal
- India set up a national maritime heritage museum partners at Lothal in Gujarat with Portugal.
- The Indian Navy and Portuguese Navy jointly administering the maritime museum in Lisbon, Portugal.
India to launch the first solar mission in 2020
- India’s first mission Aditya-L1 to study the sun, in 2020, informed by Indian Space Research Organisation Chairman K. Sivan.
- The aim of the mission is to observe the solar corona.
New mango variety named after Amit Shah
- A mango has named a new variety of mango after Union Home Minister Amit Shah.
- This Mango is good in both “weight and taste” and it will be called “Shah” mango.
World’s highest operating weather stations installed on Everest
- World’s highest operating weather stations installed on Everest announced by the National Geographic Society to provide researchers, climbers, and the public with near real-time information about mountain conditions.
- Total 5 weather stations with one at a record height of 27,657 feet, were installed on the Earth’s highest mountain above sea level.
- The weather station will record data on temperature, relative humidity, barometric pressure, wind speed, and wind direction.
- This stations will help continuously monitor the upper reaches of the atmosphere, which is critical to tracking weather patterns around the globe.
You can read also:-Union Budget 2019 Highlights
Telangana enhances Rythu Bandhu scheme
- The Telangana Government has issued a notification to extend the Rythu Bandhu scheme for 2019-20 by enhancing the amount from Rs 4000 to Rs 5000.
- The Rythu Bandhu scheme is the pet scheme of Telangana CM K Chandrasekar Rao and aims at providing income support to the agriculturists directly to back their crops.
HRD ministry releases EQUIP vision plan
- The Ministry of Human Resource Development released an ambitious five-year vision plan EQUIP vision plan.
- Education Quality Upgradation and Inclusion Programme (EQUIP) for expanding access, towards global best teaching and learning.
Haryana & Punjab High Court declares Animals as Legal Persons
- The Punjab and Haryana High Court has ruled that all animals are legal persons entitled to legal rights like human beings and all Citizens are their Guardians to promote the welfare of animals.
- A ban on the use of spike sticks, harness, and other sharp instruments to avoid injuring the animal and also ban in using animals to pull vehicles in extreme weather, limits on loads and the number of people that animals are made to carry.
Rajasthan government increases financial aid given to girls under ‘Aapki Beti’ scheme
- The Rajasthan government has increased the financial assistance given to school girls under the ‘Aapki Beti’ scheme.
- For the girls studying in class 1 to 8 the amount has been increased to 2,100 from Rs 1,100 and for the girls in class 9 to 12 increased to Rs 2,500 from Rs 1,500.
- Under the Aapki Beti scheme, girls living under the Below Poverty Line (BPL) and whose mother or father or both have died to get annual financial assistance in the state.
‘Digital Sakhi’ launched in Tamil Nadu by L&T Financial Services
- L&T Financial Services’ (LTFS) ‘Digital Sakhi’ was launched in 20 villages of Villupuram district in Tamil Nadu.
- It is an educational program aimed at digital financial inclusion of rural women to impart enterprise development training and up-skilling.
Government to launch Universal Smart Card Driving License
- Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has decided to launch the Universal Smart Card Driving License
- The application called SARATHI developed by NIC has a common countrywide database of all driving license holders to identify duplicate records online in real time and access information about the challans if any.
J&K Government to open 18 AMRIT stores
- Jammu and Kashmir Government are planning to open 18 AMRIT (Affordable Medicines and Reliable Implants for Treatment) stores in all the Medical colleges’ Hospitals and prominently associated hospitals of the State.
- The purpose of the initiative is to provide quality and affordable medicines to the end users.
- AMRIT pharmacies, operating under the aegis of Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India.
Virat Kohli becomes the fastest cricketer to score 20,000 international runs
- Virat Kohli has become the fastest cricketer to score 20,000 international runs. The India captain reached the milestone when he reached the score of 37 against West Indies at Old Trafford.
West Bengal introduces free crop insurance scheme Bangla Shashya Bima for farmers
- West Bengal government has announced a free crop insurance scheme in collaboration with the Agriculture Insurance Company of India (AIC), for the 2019 Kharif season.
- The scheme called Bangla Shashya Bima (BSB) is applicable for farmers in 15 districts.
Japan gifts Manipur a peace museum
- Japan gifts Manipur a “Peace Museum” which is built on the memories of one of the fiercest battles of the Second World War.
- The inauguration of the Imphal Peace Museum at Red Hill, about 20 km southwest of Manipur’s capital Imphal, marked the 75th anniversary of the Battle of Imphal.
WHO launches a new tool “AWaRe”
WHO offers a new tool “AWaRe” to contain rising antimicrobial resistance and make antibiotic use safer and more effective. AWaRe classifies antibiotics into three groups:
- “Access” specifies which antibiotics to use for the most common and serious infections.
- “Watch” specifies which ones should be available at all times in the healthcare system.
- “Reserve” are those that must be used sparingly or preserved and used only as a last resort.
RBI launched Complaint Management System (CMS) application
- RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das launched the Complaint Management System (CMS) is a software application.
- It improves transparency by keeping the complainants informed through auto-generated acknowledgments and enabling them to track the status of their complaints and file appeals online against the decisions of the Ombudsmen, where applicable.
- India has successfully test fired Brahmos Supersonic Cruise Missile from Chandipur in Odisha.
- successfully conducted a first test flight India of the indigenously developed Hypersonic Technology Demonstrator Vehicle (HSTDV) from a base off the Odisha coast.
- Operation Sankalp launched by Indian Navy in the Persian Gulf and the Gulf of Oman to reassure Indian flagged vessels safe transit through the area.
- First Naval Air Squadron 550 of Indian Navy celebrated its Diamond Jubilee at naval base Kochi after Completing 60 glorious years of yeoman service to the nation.
- ISRO has opened its laboratories for Indian school students to undergo two-week training from this year. The training module has been devised as part of its new Young Scientists Programme, or Yuva Vigyanik Karyakram, YUVIKA.
- NASA’s robot named Bumble became the first Astrobee robot to fly under its own power in space.
- The Indian Space Research Organisation has distributed 250 NavIC Messaging Receivers to fishermen of Kerala on a trial basis.
In this Article, we provide a monthly current affairs pdf June 2019 which contains examination oriented important current event of different sessions like important observation day, sports, Awards, Book and author, Mov and obituaries, etc. please go through once this article and leave your comments in comments session below.
Click here to Download PDF
You can Read also