Dear Aspirants, March Monthly Current Affairs 2020 contains Important Days with their Theme, New Appointments, Summit and Conference, Awards & Honors, Books with Author, Sports, MoU and Agreement, Committee, Obituaries, and National & International News, etc in details. These are collected from all newspapers and the Internet. It helps aspirants for SSC, Railway NTPC, Group D, RRB JE, Banking, State PSU & for all competitive exams.
Here also provide Monthly Current Affairs 2020 PDF.
What we covered in this monthly current affairs
- Important Day & Date with Theme
- Important Appointments
- Awards and Honours
- MoU Between Countries
- Summit & Conference
- Scheme,App& Campaign
- BOOKS & Authors
- Ranking and Index
- National & International News
|SI No.||Topic||Page Number|
|1||Important Day & Date with Theme||2-4|
|3||Awards and Honours||8-11|
|4||MoU Between Countries||12|
|5||Summit & Conference||13-14|
|7||BOOKS & Authors||16|
|8||Ranking and Index||17|
|11||National & International News||21-54|
Table of Contents
Important Day & Date with Theme
|1st March||Zero Discrimination Day |
Theme- “Zero Discrimination against women and girls”.
|3rdMarch||World wildlife Day. |
Theme –“ Sustaining all life on earth”.
|3rd March||WorldHearing Day.|
Theme – “Hearing for life .Don’t let hearing loss limited you”.
|4thMarch||National safety Day.|
|6thMarch||National Dentist’s Day|
|1st week March||Janaushadhi week|
|3th -7th March||“India Smart Utility Week ( IUSW) 2020”|
|7th March||Jan Ashadhi Diwas|
|8th March||International women’s day. |
Theme –“I am Generation Equality: Realizing women’s Rights” Campaign-#Each for Equal
|12th March (2nd Thursday March)||World Kidney Day |
Theme –“Kidney Health for everyone Everywhere:from prevention to Detection & equitable Access to care” .
|13rd March||World Sleep day |
Theme-“ Better Sleep, Better Life, Better Planet”
|14th March||International Pi Day|
|14th March||The International Day of Action for Rivers |
Theme- “Women, Water, and Climate Change”
|15thMarch||World Consumer Right Day|
Theme of 2020- “The Sustainable Consumer” .
|16thMarch||National Vaccination Day or National Immunization Day . |
Theme- “Vaccines Work for All”
|18th March||Global Recycling Day to turn waste into a valuable resource. #Recycling Heroes. |
Theme – “Recycling Heroes”
|20th March||International Day of Happiness. |
Theme – “Happier Together”.
Campaign – “Happiness for all together”.
|20th March||World Sparrow Day |
Theme-“I LOVE Sparrows”.
|20th March||The World Day of Theatre for Children and young people Theme-“Take a Child to the Theatre Today”|
|20th March||World Oral Health Day|
Theme- “Unite for Mouth Health”
|21st March||International Day of Forest . |
Theme – “Forests and Biodiversity”
|21stMarch||World Poetry Day|
|21st March||World Down Syndrome Day. |
Theme -“We Decide”.
|21st March||International Day for the elimination of Racial Discrimination (People of African Descent ).|
|22ndMarch||World Water Day.|
Theme – “Water & Climate Change “.
|23rd March||World Meteorological Day.|
Theme – “water & climate change”
|23rd March||“Shaheed Diwas in India|
|24th March||World Tuberculosis Day.|
Theme – ‘It’s Time’
|24th March||International day for the right to the trust concerning cross human rights violators & for the dignity of victims.|
|25thMarch||International day of Remembrance of the victims of slavery Theme-“Confronting slavery’s Legacy of Racism Together”.|
|29th March||World Piano Day|
Important Appointments: March 2020
|Name of the Person||Designation|
|Adnan al-Zurufi||Prime Minister of Iraq|
|Ajay Bhushan Pandey||New Finance Secretary of Committee of the Cabinet|
|Ajay Kumar||Next High Commissioner of India to the Republic of Uganda|
|Amita Pandove||Information Commissioner of Central Information Commission (CIC)|
|Amitabh Bachchan||Brand ambassador of IDFC FIRST Bank .|
|Anurag Mehrotra||CEO Mahindra Ford|
|Anurag Srivastava||Spokesperson of the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA).He replace Raveesh Kumar.|
|Arundhati Bhattacharya||CEO of Sales force India|
|Ashraf Ghani||President of Afghanistan.(re-elected)|
|Ashwani Lohani||Chairman of APTDC ( Andhra Pradesh tourism development corporation)|
|Atanu Chakarborty||Economic affairs secretary|
|B K Deka||Chairman Of Assam Petrochemical Limited|
|Bansi Lal Bhat||Chair person of the National Company Law Appellate Tribunal ( NCLAT) . He Replace Sudhashu Jyoti Mukhopadhaya .|
|Bimal Julka||Chief Information Commissioner (CIC) of India|
|BP Kanungo||RBI’s deputy Governor for 1 year .( reappointed)|
|Chalasani Venkat Nageswar||Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of SBI|
|D.S Rawat||CEO & MD Of Bharti Infratel|
|Daren Tang||DG of WIPO ( World Intellectual Property Org )|
|Dayapatra Nevatia||Chief Operating Officer (COO) of Mindtree|
|Debases Panda||Nominate as a Director on the central Board of RBI.|
|Denys Shmygal||Prime Minister of Ukraine .|
|Eric Horvitz||CSO(Chief Scientific Officer) of Microsoft|
|Harvinder Singh||Members of BCCI selection committee|
|Hirdesh Kumar||Chief Electoral officer of J & K.|
|Ho Sung Song||President of Kio Motors .|
|Janez Jansa||Prime Minister of Slovenia. He replace Marjan Sarec .|
|Karan Bajwa||MD of Google cloud India.|
|Kareena Kapoor||Brand Ambassador of Puma.|
|Katarina Sakellaropoulou (1st female)||President of Greece .|
|Kirshna Mohan Prasad||Member Of CBDT (Central Board Of Direct Taxes)|
|Satish Kumar Gupta||Member Of CBDT (Central Board Of Direct Taxes)|
|Latik S. kundu (1st women)||MD &CEO of MSE (Metropolitan Stock Exchange of India ).|
|Lt. gen KJS Dhillon||Director General of Defence Inteligence Agency|
|Mohammad Nabi||Secretary General Of Football Federation Of Iran|
|Mr. Daren Tang (Singapore )||Director General of the world Intellectual property Organization( WIPO)|
|Muhyiddin Yassin||Prime Minister of Malaysia.( 8th)|
|Noel Quinn||CEO HSBC Bank|
|Nupur Kulshrestha(1st women)||Deputy Inspector General (DIG) of Indian Coast Guard|
|Pekka Landmark||CEO & President of Nokia.|
|Prashant Kumar||MD&CEO of yes Bank .|
|PV Sidhu||Brand Ambassador for Andhra Pradesh anti graft helpline.|
|R Gandhi & Ananth Narayan||Additional Directors of the Yes Bank Board|
|Rajeev Jain||Managing Director of Bajaj Finance|
|Rajiv Bajaj||MD and CEO of Bajaj Auto.|
|Ranjan Gogoi||Member of Rajya sabha.|
|Ravinder Singh Dhillon||Chairman & MD (CMD) of Power Finance Corporation (PFC) from June 1,2020 to may 31, 2023 .|
|S N Srivastava||Delhi police Commissioner|
|Sameer Aggarwal||CEO of WalMart India . replace Krishna Lyer.|
|Sanjay Kumar Panda||India’s Ambassador to Turkey|
|Sanjeev Nautiyal||MD &CEO of SBI life Insurance Company.|
|Seema Verma||One of key member of white house Coronavirus Task Force|
|Shivraj Singh Chouhan||Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh (17th).|
|Sudhansu Pandey||Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) of Metals And Minerals Trading Corporation (MMTC) ltd. |
He Replaces Ved Prakash.
|Sukhdeo Singh||Appointed As Chief Secretary Of Jharkhand|
|Sumant kathpalia||MD & CEO of Indusind Bank . He replace Romesh Sobit.|
|Sunil chhartri||Chosen for FIFA Campaign against COVID 19.|
|Sunil Duggal||Vedanta Interim CEO .|
|Sunil Joshi||Chairman of BCCI Selection Committee.|
|Surjit Singh Deswal||Additional DG of BSF (Border Security Force).|
|Tuhin Kant Pandey||Dept of investment & public asset management secretary.|
|Virat Kohil||Ambassador of Smart Phone iQ00 .|
MD & CEO : Prashant Kumar
Non executive Chief : Sunil Mehta
Additional directors : R Gandhi , A Gopala Krishnan
Monthly Current Affairs 2020 :Awards and Honours
|The Hindu prize 2019||Santanu Das(Fiction) & Mirza Waheed (Non-fiction .)|
|NASA Award||“Space X”|
|IIFTC Tourism Impact award 2020||“Zoya Akhtar” (Indian film Maker )|
|“PEN /Hemingway Award” for best debut Novel||Ruchik a Tomar’s “A player for Travelers”|
|The Abel prize Laureates 2020||Hillel Furstenberg (From hebrew University of Jerusalum,Israel) Gregory Margulis (From Yale University, USA)|
|The Chameli Devi jain Award||Arfa Khanum Sherwani of the wire & Rohin Mohan|
|“Influential women in sports list for 2020||Nita Ambani , Serena Williams & Simone Biles|
|Museum in WGSHA ( Welcome Group Graduate School of Hotel Administration) , Manipal , Karnataka||enters in Limca Book of Records for India’s 1st living culinary Art Museum|
|Elected for Golf Hall of fame 2021||Tiger woods|
|Limca Book of Records for Films edited in most number of languages||Sreckar Prasad|
|Dr. Syama Prasad Mukharjee award for politics||Assam CM Sarbanananda Sonowal|
|128th Common Wealth Points Of Light Award||“Jadav payeng”|
|Pritzker Architecture prize 2020||Irish Architects “Yvonne Farrell & Shelley Mc Namara”|
|“Word’s 100 Powerful Women” by TIME Magazine in last Century||Indira Gandhi for 1976 year Amrit Kaur for 1947 year|
|Dhruv Batra Player of the year 2019 award||Manpreet Singh & Rani Rampal|
|Major Dhyan Chand Life Time Achievement Award 2019||Harbinder Singh|
|“BBC India sports women of the year” Award 2019||PV Sindhu|
|Dr. MS Swaminathan Award for 201719||Praveen Rao (vice Chancellor of Telengana Agriculture University)|
|“Greatest Leader of all time”||Maharaja Ranjit Singh, Sikh Ruler of 19th century|
|“Best citizens of India Gold medal Award”||Dr.Jaimanti Bakshi|
|Limca Book of Records (LBR)||Satyarup Sidhanta (Mountainer)|
|ISGF (India Smart Grid Forum) Award||Maker Village Kochi|
|‘Best airport by size and region’||Mangaluru International Airport|
|Google’s most searched women list|
|Women in Music of 2020||Taylor Swift|
|Women in sports of 2020||Serena Williams|
|Women in Comedy of 2020||Awk Wafina|
|Women in Novelists of 2020||Toni Morrison|
61st Lalit Kala Akademi Award awarded to 15th artists by President of India
|SI.No.||Name of Person||State|
|1.||Anoop Kumar Manzukhi Gopi||Thrissoor, Kerala|
|2.||David Malakar||Kolkata, West Bengal|
|3.||Devendra Kumar Khare||Vadodara, Gujarat|
|4.||Dinesh Pandya||Mumbai, Maharashtra|
|5.||Faruque Ahmed Halder||24 Parganas, Kolkata, West Bengal|
|6.||Hari Ram Kumbhawat||Jaipur, Rajasthan|
|7.||Keshari Nandan Prasad||Jaipur, Rajasthan|
|8.||Mohan Kumar T||Bengaluru, Karnataka|
|9.||Ratan Krishna Saha||Mumbai, Maharashtra|
|10.||Sagar Vasant Kamble||Mumbai, Maharashtra|
|11.||Satwinder Kaur||New Delhi|
|12.||Sunil Thiruvayur||Ernakulam, Kerala|
|13.||Tejaswi Narayan Sonawane||Solapur, Maharashtra|
MoU Between Countries ,Organization
|Country/Organisation sign MoU||Purpose|
|APEDA (Agriculture & processed food products Export Development Authority )& SFAC (Small Farmer Agribusiness Consortium )||For development of agriculture Sector .|
|Airports Authority of India (AAI) & Tripura Government sign||For Construction of 6th equipment hiring centers, In manu Block, Dhalai District, Tripura.|
|Indian Air Force & Savitribali Phule ,Pune University||To established a “Chair of excellence”.|
|The Indian council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) New Delhi & Patanjali Bio Research Institute, Haridwar||For agriculture development .|
|ITI Mandi ,Enabling women of Kaman (EWOK) Society & NABARD||Setting up 3 farmers Producer Organized in Mandi , Himachal Pradesh.|
|TCIL (Tele Communications Consultants India Ltd.) & Gambia||For MEA’S eVBAB ( eVidy Bharati & e Arogya Bharti Network) project.|
|E-commerce marketplace Flipkart and Aegon Life Insurance||To sell quick-access life insurance policies|
|India with Japan||in Mission Purvodaya|
|Paytm with Hyderabad Metro||for QR-based tickets|
|DAY-NULM and Amazon||e marketing of products made by Self Help Groups (SHGs)|
|7th World Cities Summit||Singapore.Theme:”Livable and Sustainable Cities: Adapting to a Disrupted World”|
|G20 Leaders Summit||Saudi Arabia|
|19th World Productivity Congress||Bangalore|
|35th edition of AAHAR, Food and Hospitality fair||New Delhi|
|India Pharma & India Medical Device 2020 Conference||Gandhinagar, Gujarat|
|Pragyan Conclave 2020(Indian Army’s International Seminar)||Manekshaw Centre,New Delhi.|
|108th Indian Science Congress||Pune ( 3rd to 7th January,2021).|
|International Conference on Nano Science and Technology||Kolkata|
|‘Divya Kala Shakti’ event||Chennai|
|‘Wings India 2020’ aviation exhibition||Hyderabad, India. Theme: Flying for all .|
|Antar Rashtriya Yog mahotsav||Rishikesh ,Uttrarakhand|
|4th Global Ayurveda Festival||Kochi, Kerala|
|International Olympic Committee (IOC) Session||Mumbai, India in 2023 .|
|5th BIMSTEC Summit 2020||Colombo ,Sri Lanka in September .|
|WION Global summit 2020 (3rd)||Dubai , UAE .|
|3rd gender equality summit 2020||New Delhi.|
Scheme,App & Campaign
|Scheme ,App& Campaign||Launched By||Purpose|
|“Student Health card”||Jammu Kashmir||To check the malnutrition of every school going Children|
|“Setu Bharatam”||To reduce road traffic 50 % by 2020 .|
|“Hamsafer”||Govt. of India||For delivery of diesel at doorsteps.|
|“Bachhpon ka Rakhakarna”||Tata AIA life||To provide football Coaching to under privileged girls|
|“Poshan pakhwaqda 2020”||Uttarakhand Govt.|
|“Namaste Over Handshake”||Karnataka||For COVID19|
|“Digipivot”||Govt.of India||Skill to women|
|“NIGHA”||Andhra Pradesh||To ensure “clean & healthy” elections .|
|“Reading mission”||Haryana Govt||Book review once a month in educational Institutions.|
|“project Isaac”||IIT Gandhinagar||For Student during corona Lockdown|
|“Operation Namaste”||Indian Army||For COVID19|
|“Pragati”||Face book||For COVID19|
|Helpdesk catboat on messenger||Face book||For COVID19|
|Instagram feed||For COVID19|
|“Break the Chain”||Kerala||ForCOVID19|
|“Mo Jeeban”||Odisha||For COVID19|
|“Tracker of policies Government”||IMF (International Monetary Fund)||For COVID19|
|“Global Networks Resiliency platform”||The International Tele communication Union (ITU)||ForCOVID19|
|“nCOVID 19” app||Nagaland||For COVID19|
|“WHO My heart” App||WHO||ForCOVID19|
|“SMC COVID19 Tracker”||Gujarat Govt.||To track home quarantined persons .|
|“Mee Buddy”||Arunachal Pradesh||For online service Delivery.|
|”Stranded In India”Portal||GOI||For Foreign Tourists Stuck In India.|
|“CORONTINE “ Mobile App||IIT Bombay||For COVID19|
|“Safe” Mobile App||IIT Bombay||For COVID19|
|“PRAGYAAM” Mobile App||Jharkhand||To issue e passes to delivery of essential services.|
|“Companies fresh start scheme 2020”||Ministry of corporate Affairs (MCA)||To provide relief to law abiding companies & limited liability partnerships( LLPs )|
BOOKS & Authors
|Books Name||Authors / Released by|
|The Death of Jesus||JM Coetzee|
|“Legacy of learning”||Savita Chhabra (1st novel)|
|“Chronicles of change champions”||Released by women & Child development Minister Smriti Zubin Irani.|
|“The adventures of the Daredevil Democrat”||released by Odisha CM.|
|“The 12 commandments of Being A women”||Tahira Kashyap Khurrana .|
|“An Extraordinary life: A biography of Manonlal Parikar”||Coauthorized by Sadguru Patil & MayaBhushan Nagven Kar.|
|“My Encounters in Parliament”||Bhal Chandra Mungekar.|
|“Invincible : A Tribute to Manohar Parrikar”||Tarun Vijay.|
|“Missing In Action :The prisoners who never came back”||Lunched by Chander Suta Dorga|
|“Messiah Modi : A great tale of expectation”||Tavleen Singh|
Ranking and Index:
|Index||India’s Rank||Top||Released By|
|World Happiness Report 2020||144th||Finland||UN publication sustainable development network|
|Global Animal Protection Index 2020||2nd||Sweden,UK, Austria||International Animal welfare charity.|
|FIH world ranking 2020||Indian Men’s Hockey Team-4th Indian Women’s Hockey Team-9th||Belgium||International Hockey Federation|
|Freedom in the World 2020 report||83rd with Timer Leste & Senegal||Finland||–|
|Inclusive Internet Index 2020||46th||Sweden||The Economic Intelligence Unit|
|Domestic solar rooftop installations in 2020||Gujarat||–||Government of India|
|In implementation of POSHAN Abhiyaan in India||Andhra Pradesh||–||Government of India|
|women on Board 2020 study||12th||Norway||MyHiringClub.Com and Sarkari-Naukir.Info|
|Index of Economic freedom||120th||Singapore||The Heritage foundation|
- BBC Indian sports woman of the year 2019-P.V Sindhu
- BBC Lifetime Achievement award – PT Usha
Times of India sports Awards:
- Cricketer of the year – Rohit Sharma
- Sports person of the year –PV Sindhu
2020 Maxican Open (Tennis)
- Men’ssingle- Rafal Nadal
- Women’s single –Heather Miriam Watson
- Hockey India 3rd Annual Awards 2019(Hockey India Major Dhyan Chand lifetime achievement award 2019)- Mr. Harbinder Singh
- 34th National Snooker Title – Pankaj Advani
- Hero one League championship 2019-20- Mohan Bagan, Kolkata
- Ranji trophy Title 2019-20- Saurashtra Cricket Team
- ITTF Challenge Oman open 2020 (Table tennis)- Achanta Sharath kamal (men’s single)
- Taiwan’s Tai Tzu Ying clinches her third women’s singles title of All England Championships.
- Andrew Malcolm Ellis (New Zealand) all the rounder retirement from cricket.
- Achanta Sharath Kamal won the ITTF challenger plus Oman open men’s singles title.
- Viktox Axelson ( Denmark ) &Tai Tzu Ying (Taipei) won all England Championship
- Saurashtra won the Ranji Trophy title defected Bengal.
- Indian Cricketer Wasim Jaffer announced his retirement from all forms of Cricket.
- Rafael Nodal (Spain) Won the Mexican Open title 2020.
- Tasnim Mir & Mansi Singh won the Bronze medal in the Girls single Badminton event at Yonex Dutch Junior International 2020 held in Haarlem, Netherland.
- The Badminton Asia Championships will host in manila, Philippines.
- Australia wins women’s T20 world cup title defeat to India.
- Shafali Verma becomes the youngest player ever to play cricket world cup final in both 20 over & 50 over format.
- Kieron Pollard, west India skipper becomes 1st player to play 500 matches T 20s when took the field against Srilanka.
|A Ramachandra||Fisheries Scientist|
|Abdul Lafit||Former Indian footballer|
|Abdulkadir Mohamed Farah||Football Legend|
|Albert Underzo||Asterix & obelix cocreator|
|Azam Khan||Pakistan Squash player (COVID 19)|
|Balbir Singh Kullar||Former Indian Hockey player|
|Beni prasad verma||Farmer Union Ministry|
|Bidyanath Pashasd Mahto||Politician of Bihar|
|Chandan Singh Rathore||Vice Air Marshal|
|Floyd Cardoz||International master Chef COVID|
|Francisco Garcia||Spanish football coach corona virus|
|Hans Raj Bhardwaj||Farmer Union minister|
|Imtiaz Khan||Bollywood actor|
|Jairam Kulkarni||Marathi actor|
|Javier perezde Cuellar||Former UN’s chief|
|Jogendra Singh Saini||Athletics coach|
|Joseph E Lowery||US civil rights leader|
|Ken Shimura||Japaness comedian|
|Kenny Rogers||Musician (American Singer )|
|Max Von Sydow||Swedish actor|
|MR Viswanathan||Actor,writer ,Director of Tamil film|
|Nagorao Vitthalrao Deshpande||Freedom fighter|
|P. K. Banerjee||Indian footballer|
|Paravai Muniyamma||Tamil folk singer|
|Patil Puttappa||Journalist & farmer Rajya sabha member|
|Puthussery Ramachandra||Malayalam Poet & Scholar|
|Rajyogini Dadi Janki||Brahmakumari chief|
|Roger Mayweather||Legendary boxing trainner|
|Satish Gujaral||Artists, architect, writer|
|Sudhananda Mahathero||Bouddhist ledar of Bangladesh|
|Thomal Schaefer||German finance minister of the Hisses state. committed suicide for economic fallout for corona virus .|
|Thomas Schaefer||German Minister|
National & International News
1st March Observed as zero Discrimination Day.
- Theme- Zero Discrimination against women and girls.
- Symbol – A Butterfly
- Pekka Landmark Become CEO & President of Nokia till august 31, 2020.
- “Pension Adalat” & National Pension System (NPS) Program Inaugurated in Jammu.
- Asian Development Bank (ADB) Provide USD 4 Million (About 29 corers) for Coronavirus Countries.
- Muhyiddin Yassin becomes the 8th PM of Malaysia. Replace 94 yrs old Mahathir Mohamad.
- Indian Railway launches its 1st “Restaurant on wheels” at Asansol Railway Station, West Bengal.
- Nepal’s Judicial officers of supreme court Training started at National Law University, Jodhpur, Rajasthan, in India.
- The National Workshop on Explosive Detection (NWED 2020) held at Pune, Maharashtra. Used Device is ‘RalDer-X’
- Rafael Nodal (From Spanish) Won the Mexican Open title 2020. It is his 85th ATP Tour title.
- Airports Authority of India (AAI) & Tripura Government sign MOU For Construction of 6th equipment hiring centers, in Manu Block, Dhalai District, Tripura.
- Indian Air Force & Savitribali Phule; Pune University sign MoU to establish a “ Chair of excellence”.It will be named as “Marshal of the Air force Arjan Sign Chair of excellence;
- Chilli festival begins at kasrawadin in-charge district, MP
- Lok sabha speaker Om Brila lunched “Suposhit Maa Abhiyan” in Kota Rajasthan to provide nutritional support to pregnant women and adolescent girls.
- Balbir Singh Kullar Former Indian Hockey player passed away. He won Olympic Bronze in 1968 in Mexico.
- Jogendra Singh Saini, veteran athletics coach passed away
- Sumant kathpalia appointed as MD & CEO of Indusind Bank For 3 years, He replaces Romesh Sobit.
- Indian withdraws from shooting world cup which held on March 4 to 13 in Cyprus. The National Rifle Association of India (NRA) announced that due to coronavirus.
- Editor Sreckar Prasad has entered the Limca Book of Records for Films edited in the most number of languages. He edited in 17 languages.
- 19th edition of world productivity Congress (WPC) held on May 6th to 8th, 2020 at the Bangalore International Exhibition Center, Bangalore. Theme – “Industry 4.0 – Innovation and Productivity”.
- The City Chowk in Jammu has been renamed as “Bharat Mata Chowk” by Jammu Municipal corporation (JMC).
- Dutee Chand won Gold in 200 min 23.66 sec and 100 min 11.49 sec in khelo India University crowned champion in khelo India University game.
- Punjab University crowned championship with 46 medals.
- In Khelo India University Game Punjab University, Chandigarh Champion Trophy with 46 medals ( 17 Gold, 19 Silver, 10 Bronze)
- 2nd – Savitribai Phule Pune University
- Bidyanath Pashasd Mahto politician of Bihar passed away.
- 3rd March observed as world wildlife Day.Theme – Sustaining all life on earth.
- 3rd March -world Hearing Day.
- Theme – “Hearing for life. Don’t let hearing loss limit you”.
- Pusa Krishi Bigyan Mela 2020 held in New Delhi.
- The Government of India declared The National Chambal Sanctuary, Madhya Pradesh as an eco-sensitive zone (ESZ). (famous for Gangetic Dolphine & 75% Gharial ).
- “Ekam Festival” held in New Delhi to promote Craftsmanship of Divya ng, Artisans & Entrepreneurs.
- The mobile app “Hamsafer” lunched by Government For delivery of diesel at doorsteps.
- Amit Saha inaugurated the National Security Guard (NSG) Regional Hub campus at Kolkata, west Bengal.
- China takes presidency of UN security council for march 2020.
- e-Vidhan project implemented by Arunchal Pradesh Assembly.
- The Indian council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) New Delhi & Patanjali Bio Research Institute, Haridwar sign MOU for agriculture development .
- Antar Rashtriya Yog mahotsav inauguration in Rishikesh ,Uttrarakhand , Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath From March 1 to 7.
- Assam CM Sarbanananda Sonowal honoured with Dr. Syama Prasad Mukharjee award for politics.
- March 4th observed as National safety Day.
- Sudhansu Pandey Becomes Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) of Metals And Minerals Trading Corporation (MMTC) ltd. He Replaces Ved Prakash.
- 108th Indian Science Congress will host in Pune from 3rd to 7th January 2021. Theme – “Science and Technology for Sustainable Development with Women Empowerment”.
- Azlan Saha Hockey cup Postponed due to coronavirus from April to September. Which will be held in Ipoh, Malaysia, from 11th –18th April 2020 now postponed to Sept 24 to 3rd Oct.
- Tasnim Mir & Mansi Singh won a Bronze medal in the Girls single Badminton event at Yonex Dutch Junior International 2020 held in Haarlem, Netherland.
- 68th all India Police Athletic Championship Commenced in Panchkula district, Hariyana.
- Sudhananda Mahathero, Buddhist leader of Bangla Desh passed away.
- India -America health policy Consultant Seema Verma has appointed as one of a key members of the white house Coronavirus Task Force by us president. Administrator for the centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
- The world Bank Provides financial aid 12 Billion USD to Fight Coronavirus.
- Ratnakar Bank Ltd (RBL) Partnership with Zomato to Lunch Co-Branded Credit Cards.
- ITI Mandi & Enabling women of Kaman (EWOK) Society Sign deal with NABARD for setting up 3 farmers Producer Organized in Mandi, Himachal Pradesh.
- FIH world ranking 2020 Indian Men’s Hockey Team ranked 4th and women’s team rank 9th.
- 1st – Belgium
- 2nd – Holland
- 3rd – Australia
- Sumit Sangwan who baned one year lifted by NADA by proved he took the medicine Unintentional.
- 35th edition of AAHAR, Food And Hospitality Fair hosted in New Delhi
- Ajaya Bhushan Panday appointed as Finance secretary .He Replace Rajiv Kumar .He Currently in Revenue Secretary.
- Sanjay Kumar Panda Becomes India’s Ambassador to Turky.
- Sunil Joshi become chairman of BCCI Selection Committee.
- BCCI President – Sourav Ganguly
- “Student Health card” scheme launched by JK to check the malnutrition & to ensure good health of every school-going Children
- The Indian Army’s International Seminar “Pragyan Conclave 2020” begins at Manekshaw Centre, New Delhi.
- Assam’s Environmental activity “Jadav payeng” named as 128th Common Wealth Points Of Light Award winner. He was Known as Forest man of India.
- 61st Lalit Kala Akademi Award awarded to 15th artists by president Ram Nath Kovind at Rashtrapati Bhawan, New Delhi.
- The Uttarakhand Government announced “Gairsain” as its summer capital.
- Cabinet approved the merger of 10 Public Sector Bank (PSBS) into 4 Bank from 1st April 2020
- UBI(United Bank Of India) & oriented Bank of commerce will be merged with Punjab National Bank
- Andhra Bank & Corporation Bank with UBI (Union Bank Of India)
- Syndicate Bank With Canara Bank
- Allahabad Bank with Indian bank
CEO of PNB – SS Mallikarjuna Rao
CEO of Canara Bank – Lingam Venkat Prabhakar
CEO of Indian Bank – Padmaja chunduru CEO of Union Bank – Raj kiran Rai G
- Luxembourg becomes the 1st country in the world to make public transport free (Train, buses, Trains). It is the 7th smallest country in Europe.
- Asia Championships 2020 from shitted Wuhan, China to Manila, Philippines due to coronavirus (COVID -19) by the badminton world federation (BWF).Event held from April 21 to 26.
- Irish Architects “Yvonne Farrell & Shelley Mc Namara” awarded the Pritzker Architecture prize 2020 for consistent service to humanity as evidenced by a body of built work and for reading the way for women in a male-dominated protrusion.
- Ukraine PM Oleksiy Honcharuk resigns.
- Javier Perez de Cuellar, Former UN’s chief passed away at 100yrs. He was the 5th secretary General From 1982 to 1991. He was From Peru.
- 4th Global Ayurveda Festival to be held at Kochi, Kerala. Theme- “Ayurveda Medical Truism: Actualizing India’s Credibility”.
- “Chronicles of change champions” book released women & Child Development Minister Smriti Zubin Irani. This book is a compilation of 25 innovative initiates taken by state & district under Beti Bachoo, Beti Padhao scheme.
- The International Advanced Research for Powder Metallurgy & New Materials (ARCD) Hyderabad develops “PEMFC”( Polymer Electrolyte Membrane Fuel Cell)System for Disaster management which 1 to 20-kilowatt range.
- The Badminton Asia Championships will host in manila, Philippines.
- RBI Deputy Governor N.S Vishwanathan Resigns before retirement.
- The 4th edition of the Women Transforming India awards 2019 Organized on women’s Day.
- The Festival “Namaste Orchha” Commenced in Orchha, Niwari district, Madhya Pradesh to promote Cultural, heritage, tradition & history of the state MP.
- Janez Jansa becomes Prime Minister of Slovenia. He replaces Marjan Sarec. Previously from 2004 to 2008 & from 2012 to 2013, he was in this position.
- Government replacement of all the level crossings on National Highway over bridges or under the SetuBharatam Scheme to reduce road traffic by 50 % by 2020.
- Central Board of Trusts (CBT) of the ‘Employees provident fund Organization’ (EPFO) decided to decreases the interest rate of EPF to 8.5% from 8.65% 2019 -2020.
- International Olympic Committee (IOC) Session will host in Mumbai, India in 2023.
- Indira Gandhi & Amrit Kaur named by TIME Magazine in “Word’s 100 Powerful Women” in the last Century.
- Indira Gandhi for the 1976 year.
- Amrit Kaur for 1947 as women of the year.
- March 1st week 2020 celebrated as Janaushadhi week across India. During this week’s free BP check-up, Sugar test, doctor consultation, free medicine distribution at various Jan Aushadhi Kendras.
- 3rd to 7th March 2020 Observed “India Smart Utility Week ( IUSW) 2020” at Lalit Hotel, Barakhamba Road, New Delhi.
- Bimal Julka appointed as Chief Information Commission ( CIC) of India.
- Mr. Daren Tang from Singapore elected as the Director-General of the World Intellectual property Organization( WIPO). He replaces Francis Gurry (Australia)
- Denys Shmygal becomes Prime Minister of Ukraine.
- Sanjeev Nautiyal re-appointed as MD &CEO of SBI life Insurance Company.
- Kareena Kapoor becomes the new Brand Ambassador of the puma .
- Anurag Srivastava becomes the Spokesperson of the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA). He replaces Raveesh Kumar.
India rank is 83rd in “Freedom in the World 2020 report “ along with Timer Leste & Senegal
- Aurangabad Airport renamed as Chhatra pati Sambhaji Maharaj Airport .
- International Conference on Nano Science & Technology 2020 (ICONSAT) was held in Kolkata, West Bengal. It includes 5Ms namely Material, Manufacturing, Manpower & Machines.
- 7th March celebrated as Jan Ashadhi Diwas in India to create awareness and providing trust to the use of generic medicines.
- DAY-NULM ( Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana -National Urban Livelihoods Mission ) partners with Amazon for e-marketing of product.
- The festival “ Chapchar Kat” celebrated in Aizawl, Mizoram. It is a spring festival. Bamboo & tree act down for jumping.
- Paytm & Hyderabad Metro Rail partner for QR-based Ticket.
- 5th BIMSTEC Summit 2020 will be host in Colombo, Sri Lanka in September.
- Australia wins women’s T20 world cup title defeat to India.
- 8th March observed as International women’s day.
- Theme: I am Generation Equality: Realizing women’s rights.
- Campaign – # Each for Equal.
- Tata AIA life to provide football Coaching to under privileged girls under its “Bachhpon ka Rakhakarna” Program .
- Ashraf Ghani reelected as president of Afghanistan in 2nd term .
- NASA named Mors 2020 rover as “Perseverance” .It will be 5th vehicle after sojourner , spirit , opportunity &Curiosity .
- Hans Raj Bhardwaj Farmer Union minister passes away at 83 years
- “Poshan pakhwaqda 2020” inaugurated by Uttarakhand Chief Minister, which organized by the department of women’s and child development .
- Kieron Pollard, west India kippper becomes 1st player to play 500 matches T 20s when took field against Srilanka.
- Nupur kulshrestha becomes the 1st women DIG of India Coast Guard she joined in 1999.
- Shafali Verma becomes youngest player ever to play cricket world cup final in both 20 over & 50 over format.
- Odisha becomes the 1st state to introduce department for SHGs:“Mission Shakti”
- Un Global compact Network India (UNGCNI) Organizes 3rd gender equality summit 2020 in New Delhi.
- . He replace Lt gen AS Bedi. Lt. gen KJS Dhillon appointed as Defense Intel Agency Chief /DG
- Manpreet Singh & Rani Rampal won the Dhruv Batra Player of the year 2019 award.
- Harbinder Singh won Major Dhyan Chand Life Time Achievement Award 2019.
- Book “The adventures of the Daredevil Democrat” released by Odisha CM.This comic book prepared by Odisha CM. This comic book prepared by Kalinga foundation trust .On 104th Birth Anniversary of Biju Pattnaik .
- Book “The 12 commandments of Being A women” written by Tahira Kashyap Khurrana .
- PV Sindhu won “ BBC India sports women of the year” Award 2019 .PT Usha : Life time Achievement Award .
The Indian Association also named P.T Usha best sports women of the country .
- Jewar Airport of Uttar Pradesh receives International recognition for strategic infrastrure. It included in the world’s 100 strategic global infrastructure projects for the year 2020 .
- Praveen Rao vice Chancellor of Telergana Agriculture University won the Dr. MS Swaminathan Award for 2017-19 .
- Lt. Gen KJS Dillon took over the past as Director General Defense Intelligence Agency &Deputy Chief of Integrated Define Staff (DCIDS).
India rank is 46thout of 100 in Inclusive Internet Index 2020. Which related by the Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU).
- Top- Sweden.
- 3rd -US.
- The festival “Fagli ” celebrated in Yangpa village of the Kinnaur district of Himachal Pradesh.
- Gujarat top in domestic solar rooftop installations in 2020. (50,915 systems fixed).
- In the implementation of POSHAN Abhiyaan in India, Andhra Pradesh ranked in 1st position.
- An Exhibition “Jalliwala Bagh” held at New Delhi on the occasion of 130th foundation Day of National Archives of India (NAI).
- Indian Cricketer Wasim Jaffer announced his retirement from all forms of Cricket.
- Max Von Sydow, Swedish actor passed away.
- Karnataka Government launches the “Namaste Over Handshake” Campaign for COVID-19.
- Leh, capital of Ladakh will host the 2020 International Yoga Day event.
- “Ekam Fest” Exhibition -Cum -fair held in New Delhi which organized by NHFDC (National Handicapped Finance Development Corporation)
- “Joy Bangla” will be the national slogan of Bangladesh.
- Phone pe Links partnership with ICICI Bank for UPI Transactions.
- Google India Launches “Digipivot” a skill development programmed for women.
- PV Sidhu becomes brand ambassador for Andhra Pradesh anti-graft helpline.
- DG of Indo- Tibetan Border police S.S Deswal takes additional charge of Director General of BSF (Border Security Force).
- According to “BCC world Histories Magazine”, Maharaja Ranjit Singh, Sikh Ruler of the 19th century named the “Greatest Leader of all time”. 2nd African Fighter Amilcar Cabral.
- Bhawna Dehariya, Indian Mountaineer scaled mount Kosciuszko, (2228 meters) the highest peak in Australia.
- World Economic Forum (WEF) ‘s released a new list of 115 young Global Leaders. There are 5 Indians on this list.
- Byju classes founder Byju Raveendra,
- zomato’s Co -founder Gaurav Gupta ,
- Tara singh Vachani (CEO of Antana Senior Living ) ,
- Swopa Mehra (CEO of Lora Ecological Solution ) &
- Vinati Mutreja (MD&CEO of vinati Organics ltds ) are 5 Indian in this list .
- Dr. Jaimanti Bakshi awarded the “Best Citizens of India Gold medal Award”.She is an ENT Doctor. This award was given by “GEPRA” (Global Economic Progress& Research Association ).
- “NIGHA” app launched by Andhra Pradesh Government to ensure “clean & healthy” elections.
- 12th March 2020 Observed as World Kidney Day on the 2nd Thursday of March every year. Theme –“Kidney Health for everyone Everywhere-: from prevention to Detection & equitable Access to care”.
- “Wings India 2020” an International Conference will host at Begumpet Airport, Hyderabad, India from 12 to 15 March 2020. Theme- “Flying for all “.
- Google Release date on most looked up women on the Internet. Lists are Google’s most searched For women in Music of 2020- Taylor Swift
- Google’s most searched for women in sports- Serena Williams
- Google’s most searched for women in Comedy- Awk Wafina
- Google’s most searched for women in Novelists – Toni Morrison
Indian company “Ad Global 360” acquired by Japanese Company Hakuhodo Inc for an undisclosed sum .
- CEO of Ad Global 360- Rakesh Jadav.
- President of Hakuhodo – Nobuaki Kondo
Government of India plans to have at leas on PMBJP( Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Jan Aushadhi Pariyojana ) Kendra in each block by the end of 2020 .
TCIL (Tele Communications Consultants India Ltd.) Signed MOU with Gambia for MEA’S e-VBAB ( e-Vidy Bharati & e- Arogya Bharti Network) project.
World’s first Digital Solution Exchange in the cloud “GOKADDAL” launched in India. It focus on 4 A’s that is Automation, Artificial Intelligence , Analytics & Augmentation Technologies.
India Rank is 2nd in Global Animal Protection Index 2020. It Released by International Animal welfare charity “World Animal Protection.
- India in ‘C’ ranking in this Index.
- Top –UK, Sweden, Austria.
- India with Spain, Mexico, France & Newzealand.
- Tiger woods, America golfer elected in the world Golf Hall of fame 2021.
- Face book launched “Pragati” to promote women entrepreneurship in India. Pragati Powered N/core ( The Nudge Center for Social Innovation ).
- Amitabh Bachchan becomes Brand ambassador of IDFC FIRST Bank.
- Santa Mukhopadhyay, Bengali Actor passed away.
- Latika S. Kundu becomes the first woman MD &CEO of MSE (Metropolitan Stock Exchange of India ).
- Bill Gates steps down from Microsoft’s board of Directors. He continues to serve as the technical adviser.
- Virat Kohli Brand Ambassador of smartphone iQ00.
- Randeep Hooda (Actor) Brand Ambassador for migratory Species Until 2023.
- Dona Zatopkova, Farmer Javelin Player passed away at 97.
- Nita Ambani, Serena Williams (Tennis player)& Simone Biles (Gymnastics) are in the list of “Influential Women in sports list for 2020.
- Museum in WGSHA ( Welcome Group Graduate School of Hotel Administration) enters in Limca Book of Records for India’s 1st living culinary Art Museum, Manipal, Karnataka.
- India’s 1st Digital parcel locker Service launched in West Bangle.
- Saurashtra won the Ranji Trophy title defected Bengal.
- Mumbai Central Station of Maharashtra is going to renamed Nana Shankaraseth Mumbai Central Railway Station.
- 15th March observed as World Consumer Right Day. The theme of 2020- “The Sustainable Consumer”.
- 16th March observed as National Vaccination Day or National Immunization Day. World Immunization week 2020 last week of April (24-30 April) with Theme: Vaccines work for all.
- Achanta Sharath Kamal won the ITTF challenger plus Oman open in men’s singles title.
- Viktor Axelson ( Denmark ) &Tai Tzu Ying (Taipei) won all England Championship.
- Niue becomes the world’s 1st whole country declared as a “ Dark Sky Place”.Niue is a small island in the South Pacific Ocean.
- “Phool Dei” festival held in Uttarakhand.
- Manipur CM announces CMAST (CM’s Akhannaba Sanaroising gi Tengbang ) &CMAT (CM Artist Sing gi Tengbang ) 2 scheme for athletes & artists.
- India rank is 12th in women on Board 2020 study. Top-Norway
- Debases Panda nominate as a Director on the Central Board of RBI.
- WION Global summit 2020 (3rd) held in Dubai, UAE.
- Katarina Sakellaropoulou becomes 1st female president of Greece.
- Justice Bansilal Bhat appoints as officiating Chairperson of the National Company Law Appellate Tribunal ( NCLAT). He Replaces Sudhanshu Jyoti Mukhopadhaya.
- Philippines becomes 1st Nation to shut financial markets over COVID-19 fears.
- Ravinder Singh Dhillon appointed as chairman & MD of power finance corporation (PFC) from June 1, 2020, to May 31, 2023.
- Hirdesh Kumar appoints as new chief Electoral officer of J & K.
- Puthussery Ramachandra, Malayalam Poet & Scholar passed away at 91year.
- Francisco Garcia, Spanish football coach passed away at 21 years by a coronavirus. He was the manager of Athletic Portada Alta’s youth team since 2016.
- Jairam Kulkarni, Marathi actor passed away at 88. His last movie “ Khel Aayushyacha”.
- Patil Puttappa, Journalist & farmer Rajya sabha member passed away at 99 years.
- Arfa Khanum Sherwani of the wire &Rohin Mohan Awarded The Chameli Devi Jain Award for outstanding women Journalists.
- Prachi Salve of India spends &Pradeep Dwivedi of the Dainik Jagran awarded for reported on road safety.
- “Rotax ferry Service” Lunched in Maharashtra between Mumbai & Manawa.
- Flipkart partners with Aegon Life Insurance policies up to 10 lacks.
- Book “An Extraordinary Life: A biography of Manonlal Parikar” Co-authorized by Sadguru Patil & MayaBhushan Nagven Kar.
- Imtiaz Khan Bollywood actor passed away.
- Karan Bajwa becomes MD of Google cloud India.
- Rajiv Bajaj reappointed as MD and CEO of Bajaj Auto.
- Ashwani Lohani appointed as chairman of APTDC ( Andhra Pradesh tourism development corporation) for one year.
- Adnan al-zurfi PM of Iraq
- India’s 1st Flying car factory set up in Gujarat by PAL-V of the Netherlands.
- Amin Village of Haryana renames as Abhimanyupur.
- Manikaran Power Ltd (MPL) becomes 1st member of India’s gas trading platform.
- “Break the Chain” campaign launched by Kerala Government to combat Coronavirus. It will hold the Month of September to Oct 2020.
- 18th March Observed Global Recycling Day turn waste into a valuable resource.
- #Recycling Heroes.
- Theme – “Recycling Heroes”
- Book “My Encounters in Parliament” authored by Bhal Chandra Mungekar.
- Book “Invincible: A Tribute to Manohar Parrikar” authored by Tarun Vijay.
- 7th world cities summit (WCS) will be held in Singapore 5 – 9 July 2020. Theme –“ Livable and sustainable cities: adapting to a disrupted world”.
- A. Ajay Kumar appointed as the next high commissioner to the Republic of Uganda.
- Arundhati Bhattacharya resigns from the Crisil board, effective on April 15, 2020. She will be joining as a chairperson & CEO of the Indian Operator of Sale force, USA.
- L & T Services & IIT Kanpur partner for research in Industrial & Infrastructure Cybersecurity.
- 20th March Observed as the International Day of the Happiness with Theme – “Happier Together” And Campaign – “Happiness for all together”.
- Andrew Malcolm Ellis (Newzealand) all the rounder retirement from cricket.
- Centre launches my Govt. Corona Help desk on WhatsApp Number: 9013151515
- Former Chief justice Ranjan Gogoi took oath as a member of Rajya Sabha.
- 4 convicts of Nirbhaya gang-rape case hanged at Delhi’s Tihar Jail namely Pawan Gupta, Vinay Shama, Akshaya Kumar & Mukesh Kumar.
- Vrinda Rathi & Janani Narayana 2 Indians named in the International panel of ICC Development Umpire.
- Defense minister Sign with Israeli firm for LMG. (Light Machine Gun)
- Boxer Roger Mayweather passed away.
- Indian Railway Electrify all the board gauge routes by Dec 2023.
- 21st March observed as International Day of Forest. Theme – Forests and Biodiversity.
APEDA (Agriculture & processed food products Export Development Authority )& SFAC (Small Farmer Agribusiness Consortium ) sign MoU for the development of the agriculture sector.
UN release “World Happiness Report 2020” UN’s sustainable Development solution Network.
- Total of 156 countries.
- India’s rank- 144th
- Top-Finland, Denmark
- Kenny Rogers Musician passed away at 81 (American Singer ).
- Maintainer Satyarup Sidhanta From West Bengal entered Limca Book of Records (LBR). He is 1st Indian to climb the highest volcanoes of each 7 continents.
- Goa becomes 1st state in India to adopt an automated technological solution for the test of COVID19.
- 22nd March observed as World Water Day every year. Theme – Water & Climate Change.
- TRIFED launches transformational “Tech for Tribal’s” program.
- Priyanka Chopra works jointly with WHO to spread awareness over COVID19.
- 23rd March observed as world Meteorological Day.Theme – “water & climate change”
- Indian footballer P. K. Banerjee passed away.
- MR Viswanathan, Actor, Writer, Director of the Tamil film Industry passed away.
- “Mylab Patho Detect COVID-19 Test kit “of first made in India COVID-19 Test Kit to get CDSCO approval. CDSCO stands for Central Drugs Standard Control Organization.
- Indian Oil Corporation ltd becomes the 1st company to begin the supply of BS-IV fuel across India.B S Bharat stage vi full is the cleanest fuel containing 10 parts per million of Sulphur. Chairman of IOCL – Sanjib Singh.
- Canada withdraws from Tokyo 2020 Olympics.
- Gujarat police becomes 1st state police introduce laser guns (electrical weapons) use compressed nitrogen to fire, by sending electricity.
- ATM cash withdrawal charges free for three months due to COVID-19 Pandemic.
- Karur Vysya Bank Launched India’s 1at prepared card Enkasu (my cash) in Karur, Tamil Nadu.
- The Abel prize Laureates 2020 announced.
- Hillel Furstenberg (From he brews University of Jerusalem, Israel) &
- Gregory Margulis (From Yale University, USA) won Abel prize 2020.
- For, pioneering use of the method from probability & Dynamics in group theory, number theory and cambinationaries .
A Book “Legacy of learning” authored by savita chhabra (her 1st novel) .she is chair person at Hygienic Research Institute private ltd(HRIPL) .
24th march observed as World Tuberculosis Day every year.2020 Theme – ‘It’s time’
24th Also observed as International day for the right to the trust concerning cross human rights violators & for the dignity of victims to tribute to “Monsignor Ocsar Arunl to Romero” who murdered on 24th march 1980.
Reliance ministries limited (RIL) setup India’s 1st COVID-19 hospital in Mumbai municipal corporation with Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC).
Zoya Akhter honoured with IIFIC Truism Impact Award 2020.
25th march observed International day of Remembrance of the victims of slavery and the Translantic slave trade with theme Confronting slavery’s Legacy of Racism Together.
Sameer Aggarwal appointed as CEO of WalMart India from April 1, replace Krishna Lyer.
Sunil chhartri chosen for FIFA Campaign against COVID 19.The champion named ‘passed the massage to kick out Coronavirus’
Ruchik a Tomar’s “A player for Travelers” won the “PEN /Hemingway Award” for best debut Novel .
U.S Marines & UAE Emirati forces joint exercises “Native Fury” held at Abu Dhabi.
India’s 1st Global Hyper loop pod completion will host in July 2020 in IIT Madras.
25th march observed as International day of solidarity with Detained & missing staff members.
You tube cuts video streaming quality in India until 31st march to reduce Strain on Internet networks.It streaming the high definition (HD) to standard definition (SD) content ( not higher than 480p on mobile network) .
Tokyo Olympics 2020 officially postponed until 2021.
Income Tax Return (ITR) filling dead line for the fiscal year 2019 extended from 31st march to 30th June 2020.
Book “Missing In Action :The prisoners who never came back” Lunched by Chander Suta Dorga. Published by Harpercollins addresses the missimg India soldiers, during the mission of 1965 & 1971 Indo-pak wars.
“Asterix & obelix ” co-creator Albert Underzo passed away.
Bollywood actress “Nimmi” passed away, her last movie was “Love & God”.
Abdul Lafit, Former Indian footballer passed away.
CM of Odisha/ Odisha Govt. launches “Mo Jeeban” programme for the containment of COVID-19 pandemic.
The national book Trust, India launched an initiative # stay home India with books to encourage people to read books during a stay at home. Chairman of National bank Trust: Govind Prasad Sharma.
Microsoft & US centers for Diseases control & prevention (CDC) tie up to create an al bot, clara to help people Symptoms of COVID 19, (self screening bot).
IMF (International Monetary Fund) Lunched a “Tracker of policies Government” it Response to COVID – 19.
Ordnance Factory Board (OFB) designates 285 beds to handle COVID – 19 patients. Also with equipment & face masks.
Govt. of India bands export to anti malarial drug Hydroxyl chloroquine .Director of ICMR (Indian council of medical research) – Balram Bhargava
India’s national Investment promotion & Facilitation Agency, Invest India has launched “ The Invest India Business Immunity platform” to assist businesses and Investors to get real-time updates on COVID-19.MD & CEO of Invest India – Deepak Bagla
Finance Minister of India Nirmala Sitharaman announced an Economic relief package during Luck down. These are
- For poor- Rs 17 Lakh crore
- for sanitation workers(ASHA workers, Doctors, Nurse)Insurance –Rs 50 Lakhs
- Farmers- Rs 2000 pm Kisan
- MNREGA – 2000/-
- Old age / widows -Rs 1000 for 3 month
- Women Jan Dhan account holders – 500/- for 3 months.
- Women, Ujjawala scheme beneficiaries -Free Cylinders for months.
- Women self help Groups – free Loan up to 20 lakhs.
- Constitution workers – Rs 31000 crore
- Mayiladuthurai is the 38th new District formed in Tamil Nadu. The existing district of Naga pattinam will be bifurcated & mayila duthurai become the headquarters of new districts.
- The International Telecommunication Union (ITU) launches a new platform to help the “Global Networks Resiliency platform” to help global networks under increasing strain & facing Raising demand during COVID – 19 crisis to remain “safer, Stronger & more connected”.
- Assists Govt. & Private Sector that networks are kept resilient & Telecommunication services are available to all.
- WHO begins/ Initiated a global mega trial of 4 promising drugs to cure COVID – 19 .It an experimental anti viral compounds called remdesivir, the malaria mediate chloroquie & hydroxychloroquine, a combinath of 2 HIV drugs, Lopinavir & ritonavir.
- UN launched a USD 2 billion global humanitarian response plan to fund the Fight against the COVID – 19.
- Nagorao Vitthalrao Deshpande, Freedom fighter passed away at 90.
- 27th march observed as World Theatre Day.
- India’s largest COVID – 19 hospital capacity of 1000 beds to be set up in Odisha. It is the 1st state setup 1000 beds hospital, Odisha signed 2 tripartite agreement with KIMS (Kalinga Institute of Medical science ) & SUM hospital to setup COVID – 19 hospital in BBSR.
- “Zoya Akhtar” Indian film Maker honored with IIFTC Tourism Impact award 2020.
- Indore has developed drones to sanitize city areas against the coronavirus secure. It became the first city In India to use drones to sanitize the city.
- Shilpa sethy partners with “fit India Movement” to provide 21 days weight loss programmer during the 21st LockDown days Via SS app.
- Indian born International Chef Floyd Cardoz passed away due to COVID- 19 in USA .
- US touches an Advanced Extremely High-frequency satellite (AEHF-6 ) for military Communication. It launched on the Atlas V551 rocket from Cape Canaveral, Florida.
- Science & Technology department set up a COVID-19 Take force for mapping of technologies from Research & Development labs, academy institutions, startups and micro, small and medium enterprises. It’s main aim to fund nearly market-ready solutions in the area of diagnostics, testing, delivery solution, equipment supplies.
750 km Babur -11 missile of Pakistan crashes . It test from Sonmiani range of Baluchistan .
Repo rate reduced by 75 points to 4.4% .
Reverse Repo rate reduced by 90 basic points to 4% .
- Repo rate of 4.4%
- Reverse Repo rate of 4%
- Haryana Govt. launches “Reading mission”.Under this mission, Book review sessions should be organized d by students once a month in educational Institutions.
- BP Kanungo reappointed as RBI’s deputy Governor for 1 year.
- Two IRS officers (Indian Revenue Service ) Satish Kumar Gupta & Krishna Mohan Prasad appointed as members of the CBDT ( Central Board of Direct Taxes ) Board.
- Indian Army starts “Operation Namaste “ to combat COVID-19. Chief of Amy- Manoj Mukund Naravane.
- IIT Gandhinagar launches “project Isaac” for Students during the corona Lockdown.
- The Sawai Man Singh (SMS) Govt. Hospital in Jaipur, Rajasthan trial on humanoid Robot to provide services to the COVID-19 Patients.
- India Railway launch two 24 hour helpline number that is 138 & 139 to answer the inquires & take suggestions during the 21-day lockdown.
- India & France 1st time conduct joint patrols from the Reunion Island. It conducts by P-81 aircraft.
- Abbott labs of US launches 5- minute Coronavirus test.
- A Ramachandra, fisheries Scientist passed away at 61age.
- Beni Prasad Verma, farmer Union Ministry passed away at 79.
- Uttar Pradesh CM setup “Team-11” committees to fight the Coronavirus.
- Gujarat Govt. launched a mobile app “SMC COVID -19 Tracker” to track home quarantined persons.
- North Macedonia officially joined with NATO becoming 30th member.
- “Ho Sung Song” appointed as president of Kio Motors.
- Mirza Waheed wins “The Hindu prize 2019” in Non-fiction.
- Sunil Duggal appointed as Vedanta Interim CEO.
- WHO launched the “WHO My heart” App for COVID- 19.
- Nagaland cot launched the “nCOVID-19” app to track COVID -19 Cases.
- Arunachal Pradesh launched the “Mee Buddy” app for online service Delivery.
- Goa Govt. launched the “Call Doc” mobile app.
- Govt. launched the “Corona Kavach” mobile app for COVID -19 Risk Tracking.
- Face book launches Corona Helpdesk catboat on messenger.
- Union Minister of Health & Family welfare Harsh Varchan launched the National Teleconsultation center (CoNTeC). It implemented by AIMs, New Delhi.
- Navin Chakra, Indian Shot-putter banned for 4 years by global Athletic body’s (IAAF ) for failing Dope Test 9 year Suspension starts from July, 27, 2018.
- National Book Trust (NBT) will launch the “Corona Studies Series” Books in various Indian languages.
- Vice Air Marshal Chandan Singh Rathore passed away at 95. He recipient of Mahavir Chakra.
- Joseph E Lowery, US civil rights leader passed away.
- Elon Musk’s “Space X” wins NASA Award for the planned lunar space station. Space X will use its biggest rocket “Falcon Heavy” to send spacecraft names as “Dragon XL” to the lunar Gateway.
- PNB has launched a new logo ahead of its merger with the Oriental Bank of commerce & the United Bank of India.
- Northern Railway Successfully created the 1st prototype of the Hospital Isolation coach for COVID -19 in the country . There is 10 isolation in each coach.
- Former Union Minister Beni Prasad Verma Passes Away.
- Benny Gantz Elected Speaker Of Israeli Knesset.
- G20 Nations Agreed To Collectively Inject $5 Trillion Into The World Economy.
- UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson Tests Positive For COVID19.
- Maharashtra Topped In Organ Donation, Transplants For 2019 (153)
- Telangana Ranked 2nd In Organ Donation, Transplants For 2019 (117)
- Tamil Nadu Ranked 3rd In Organ Donation, Transplants For 2019 (93)
- Indian Railways Extend Cancellation Of Passenger Train Services Till 14 April
- Indian Scientists Have Developed ‘ MACS 4028 ‘ A Biofortified High-Protein Wheat Variety.
- India To Get Uninterrupted LPG Supply From Saudi Arabia
- 49th Edition Of IHGF-Delhi Fair Spring Has Been Postponed
- Tokyo Olympics 2020 will Be Held Between 23 July – 8 August 2021
- 2021 World Athletics Championships Will Be Shifted To 2022.
- Wimbledon 2020 To Be Cancelled After Emergency Board Meeting
- Government of India Launches ‘ Stranded In India ‘ Portal For Foreign Tourists Stuck In India
- IIT Bombay Develops Mobile App Named ‘ CONTINUE ‘.
- IIT Bombay Develops Mobile App Named ‘ Safe ‘.
- Germany’s Finance Minister Thomas Schaefer Has Committed Suicide.
- DRDO has designed a casualty Evolution bag to transport isolation persons for COVID-19.
- MSDE ( ministry of skill Development & entrepreneurship ) prepare all National skill Tanning Institution (NSTI) as a quarantine center.
- International Monetary Fund (IMF) has announced that the world has entered a recession. IMF Director- Kristalina Georgieva
- Jharkhand Government launched a mobile app PRAGYAAM to issue e-passes to the delivery of essential services.
- Rajasthan police launched a mobile app “Rajcop Citizens app” to enable individuals & company employees in the state to take permission for venturing out in the necessary condition.
- Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) introduces the “Companies fresh start scheme 2020” to provide relief to law-abiding companies & limited liability partnerships( LLPs ).
- IIT Bombay develop mobile app CORONTINE to help authorities in tracking COVID-19.
The Olympic Games Tokyo 2020( XXXII ) postponed by one year. It will be held from 23rd July to 8th Aug 2021. Earlier Scheduled to be held from 24th July to 9th Aug 2020.
- Tokyo Olympic 2020 president – Mori Yoshiro
- IOC president – Thomas Bach
- Santanu Das ,Mirza Waheed won The Hindu prize 2019 .
- Santanu Das for India, Empire & first world war culture: writings, Images & songs in the non-fiction section.
- Marza Waheed for “Tell her everything “in the fiction section.
- Actor mark Blum passed away at 69 due to Corona.
- Paravai Muniyamma, Tamil folk singer passed away at 83.
- Thomas Schaefer, German finance minister of the Hisses state committed suicide for economic fallout for coronavirus.
- Ken Shimura Japanese comedian passed away.
- A book “Messiah Modi: A great tale of expectation” author by Tavleen Singh. published by Harper Collins India.About helpless dissatisfaction with Narendra Modi.
- SIDBI (Small Industries Development Bank of India) has decided to launch a special train “Swavalamban Express” for new entrepreneurs.
- 23rd March celebrated as “Shaheed Diwas” in India for a tribute to martyrs Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev Thapar & Shivaram Rajguru on 23rd March 1931 were hanged by British in Lahore jail.
- Punjab becomes 1st state to impose curfew aimed COVID -19.
- Uttarakhand abolished reservation in promotion for Government Employees.
- India rank is 120th in the latest Heritage Foundation Index of Economic freedom publisher. Top-Singapore, 2nd-Hongkong
In this article Monthly Current Affairs 2020 in detail about all important information, National & International News of March 2020 with pdf. It creates Awareness about General Knowledge and also helpful for all competitive examinations. If you have any extra important current news please share your comment on the comment section below and share this article. Thanks for Reading…
Please Support Us to Grow
Monthly current affairs pdf of March 2020