Dear Readers, in thus Article I provide all upcoming Cyclone list in a single Table and also the name of cyclone given by which countries which is most important General Knowledge topic for all competitive examination like Railway NTPC, Group-D, SSC, State PSU, Banking etc
For more knowledge and PDF connect with us : Join Telegram Group
Cyclone name given by
The name of the cyclone in the world is given by the Member countries of different Meteorological departments and Organization all over the world. The naming of Tropical cyclones in the Indian Ocean region given by 8 pannel member countries (India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Maldives, Myanmar, Oman, and Thailand).
What is Cyclones?
- A cyclone is a rotating of winds anti-clockwise in the Northern Hemisphere around a low-pressure center area seas and oceans. The air rises over and cools, creating clouds and precipitation.
- Low pressure and atmospheric instability turn to cyclone if the temperature of water at the sea level rises above 26.5 degrees Centigrade and there is the high relative humidity of the atmosphere at a height of more than 700 m.
Types of Cyclone
Classification of Cyclone according to Speed:
- Low-Pressure Area: Less than 17 knots ( < 31 kmph)
- Depression:17 to 27 knots ( 31 to 49 kmph)
- Deep Depression:28 to 33 knots ( 50 to 61 kmph)
- Cyclonic Storm:34 to 47 knots ( 62 to 88 kmph)
- Severe Cyclonic Storm:48 to 63 knots ( 89 to 118 kmph)
- Very Severe Cyclonic Storm:64 to 119 knots ( 119 to 221 kmph)
- Super Cyclonic Storm: 120 knots and above ( 222 kmph and above)
Cyclones are mainly of two types according to Area:-
- Tropical Cyclone
- Temperate Cyclone
For More Details Read the link The cyclone in World: Type of cyclone
Cyclone Asani :
- The Indian Meteorological Department (IMD) said a low-pressure deep depression creates over southwest Bay of Bengal and the adjoining Andaman Sea. It transformed into a cyclonic storm named “Asani” on Sunday morning .
- It will be the 2022 year’s first cyclonic storm to develop in the North Indian Ocean region, which includes the Bay of Bengal and the Arabian Sea.
- The name of the cyclone “Asani ” has been proposed by Sri Lanka Country.
- The India Meteorological Department (IMD) predicted, heavy to very heavy rainfall in Andhra and Odisha and Winds with speeds ranging between 45-55 km/ hour gusting to 65 kms/hour are likely to hit the coastal districts of Andhra Pradesh and Odisha on May 10 and 11 .
- The cyclonic storm brewing in the Bay of Bengal will not make landfall in either Odisha or Andhra Pradesh, but will move parallel to the coast. As per the latest forecast, the storm is likely to move northwestwards towards India’s east coast and inch closer to the north Andhra Pradesh-Odisha coast by May 10.
Cyclone Name Table
All upcoming cyclone names list are given below in Table.
List of Name of the cyclone in the Northern Indian Ocean
The naming of the cyclones over the north Indian Ocean given by 13 countries from 2020 after Amphan starting with Nisarga, then Gati, Nivar, Burevi, Tauktae etc
|Bangladesh||India||Iran||Maldives||Myanmar||Oman||Pakistan||Qatar||Saudi Arabia||Sri Lanka||Thailand||U.A.E.||Yemen|
Download Upcoming Cyclone list & Name given By Countries PDF
Upcoming Cyclone List FAQs
Who gave the name of Cyclone Asani ?
The name of the cyclone “Asani ” has been given by Sri Lanka Country.