JA & JC (Prelim) 2015: GA
In this post, we are providing previous year OSSC Junior Clerk 2015 Question and answer. It is very helpful for all students.
1 Rate of interest remaining the same, the difference between compound and simple interests generated in two years on an investment of Rs. 10,000 amounts to Rs. 64. Determine the rate of interest per annum:
2. In a school of 1440 students, boys and girls are in a ratio of 7:5. If 40 new boys are admitted, then how many new girls need to be admitted to make this ratio 5:4?
3. A, B, and C can complete a work in 100,120 and 150 days respectively. If A leave after first 20 days before and B leaves 30 days before the completion of the work, then in how many days the work is completed?
4. Two pipes can separately fill an empty tank in 2 hours and 3 hours respectively, while a third can empty the full tank in 3/2 hours. If all the three pipes are opened together, then in what time the empty tank is going to be filled?
- 3 ½
- 4 hours
- 5 hours
- 6 hours
- 6 ½
5. The down train starting from Howrah at 2.00 pm takes 21 hours to reach Chennai, a distance of 1,680 Km. The up train starting at 8.00 PM on the same day from Chennai takes 24 hours to reach Howrah. If both trains maintain uniform speeds, then at what time shall the two trains cross each other?
- 8 PM same day
- 10 PM same day
- 2 AM next day
- 4 AM next day
- 10 AM next day
Ans- 4 AM next day
6. Given the value of x and y as 2 and –1 respectively, which of the following terms shall equal to (x3 –y3)?
7. Which of the following equations can only have negative solutions for x?
- X2 +2x – 35 =0
- 12x -35 – x2 =0
- X2 + 12x +35 =0
- X2 – 12x – 35 =0
Ans- X2 + 12x +35 =0
8. In a quadrilateral ABCD, the angels ABC and BCD 1200and 900 respectively. What type of quadrilateral is this?
- None of the above
Ans- None of the above
9. In a right-angled triangle the diagonal AC and the base BC equal to 17 cm and 15 cm respectively. If ABDE is a rectangle drawn on AB such that the area of the triangle ABC equals area of ABDE, then find AE :
- 7.0 cm
- 7.5 cm
- 8.0 cm
- 8.5 cm
- 9.0 cm
10. In how many ways can five children be put in five chairs in a classroom?
11. The sum total of all even integers from 2 to 20 is:
12. Find two consecutive odd numbers such that 2/5th of the smaller one exceeds 2/9th of the Larger by 4:
- 25, 27
- 27, 29
- 29, 31
- 31, 33
- 33, 35
13. Which of the following numbers does not yield an integer when divided by 9?
14. Find the missing number at ‘x’ in the given sequence:26 18 12 X 6?
15. Which of the following is not true for the data 12, 13, 9, 3,5, 3, 4?
- Sum total =49
- Range = 10
- Mode = 3
- Median =5
- Mean =8
Ans- Mean =8
16. Which of the following words is close to the meaning of the word ‘benign’?
17. Which of the following words is close to the opposite meaning of the word ‘repudiate’?
18. The word secular is a / an:
19. Something happening in the right is known as:
20. Which of the following is the past tense of the verb ’bleed’?
21. ନିମ୍ନ ପଦମାନଙ୍କ ମଧ୍ୟରୁ କେଉଁଟି ବ୍ୟଞ୍ଜନ ସନ୍ଧି ନୁହେଁ?
22. “ନିଜକୁ ପଣ୍ଡିତ ମନେକରେ ଯେ” – ଏହାର ଏକପଦିକରଣ
23. ନିମ୍ନୋକ୍ତ ଶବ୍ଦମାନଙ୍କ ମଧ୍ୟରୁ କେଉଁଟିର ବନାନ୍ ଠିକ୍?
24. ଏକ ବା ଏକାଧିକ ବ୍ୟଞ୍ଜନ ବର୍ଣ୍ଣର ବାରମ୍ବାର ପ୍ରୟୋଗ ରେ କେଉଁ ଅଳଙ୍କାର ହୁଏ?
25. Which country has shown the most radical improvement during 2009-2015 as per the recent release of the Legaturm prosperity Index List, 2015?
26. Which cities shall be developed as ‘’Smart Cities’’ by the technical assistance of the French Development Agency as per the recent MoU signed between India and France?
- Ahmedabad, Chandigarh, Puducherry
- Bhubaneswar, Delhi, Nagpur
- Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Nagpur
- Chandigarh, Nagpur, Puducherry
- Delhi, Nagpur, Puducherry
Ans- Chandigarh, Nagpur, Puducherry
27. Which famous film actor has been conferred with ‘’Padmabibhusan’’ on the occasion of Republic Day, 2016?
- Amitabh Bachhan
- Dilip Kumar
28. Who has been awarded with ‘Ashok Chakra’ posthumously on 26th January 2016?
- Colonel Santosh Yashwant Mahadik
- Lance Naik Mohan Nath Goswami
- Naik Satish Kumar
- Sepoy Dharma Ram
- SepoyJagdish Chand
Ans- Lance Naik Mohan Nath Goswami
29. Who among the following awardees of the Ramon Magsaysay Award for the year 2015 has been conferred with the award for ‘emergent leadership’?
- Anshu Gupta
- Kyaw Thu
- Ligya Fernando Amilbangsa
- Sanjiv Chaturvedi
Ans- Sanjiv Chaturvedi
30. Which missile has been recently test-fried from Integrated Test Range, Chandipur, Odisha on 28th January 2016?
31. Which of the following pair of players was defeated by the Sania Mirza and Martina Hingis pair in the Australian Open Women’s Doubles Finals in January 2016?
- Andrea Hiavackova and Lucie Hradecka
- Anna-Lena Groenefeld and Coco Vandeweghe
- Julia Goerges and Carolina Pliskova
- LyudmylaKichenok and NadilaKichenok
Ans- Andrea Hiavackova and Lucie Hradecka
32. Which of the following Indian film was submitted to the 88thAchademyAwards for Best Foreign Language Film?
- A War
- Son of Saul
33. Which of following cartoonists is best known for his comic cartoon is best known for his comic cartoon strips ‘’You Said It’’ in the Times of India?
- Abu Abraham
- Shankar Pillai
- Mario Miranda
- K. Laxman
Ans- R. K. Laxman
34. Which of the following pairs of musical instruments and their exponents is not correctly matched?
- Flute – Hari Prasad Chaurasia
- Santoor – Siv Kumar Sharma
- Sarod – UstadAmjabd Ali Khan
- Sitar – S. Balachandran
- Tabla – ZakirHussian
Ans- Sitar – S. Balachandran
35. Four of the following cups are related to a particular game, while one is not Identify the one:
- Canada Cup
- Eisenhower Cup
- Merdeka Cup
- Ryder Cup
- Walker Cup
Ans- Merdeka Cup
36. Which of the following games played in Manipur, India can be said to be a version of ‘’Polo’’?
- Sagol Kangjei
Ans- Sagol Kangjei
37. For which of the following works did Amrita Pritam receive the BharatiyaJnanapith Award in 1982?
- Aaj aakhaan Waris Shah nu
- Kagazte Kanvas
- Rasidi Ticket
Ans- KagazTe Kanvas
38. In which of the following temples of Odisha are twin ‘’Shakti’’ shrines worshipped?
- Tara Tarini
Ans- Tara Tarini
39. Which of the following is not among the great trusts taught by Buddha?
- Desire can be controlled by following the Eight Fold Path
- Man reaps the fruit of his past deeds.
- Pain and misery can be ended by killing desire.
- The world is full of sorrow and misery.
Ans- Man reaps the fruit of his past deeds.
40. What is the year of commencement of ‘’Saka Era’’?
- 483 B.C.
- 57 B.C.
- 78 A.D.
- 320 A.D.
- 622 A.D.
41. Chanakya was the political advisor of:
42. Who among the following can be distinguished from the other four on the basis of the nature of the religious movement in medieval India?
43. Whose period of reign is known as the ‘Golden Age’ of the Mughal Empire?
44. Which of the following European colonialist established their capital at Pondicherry?
45. Who became the first Governor-General of India under the British Rule?
- Lord Bentinck
- Lord Cornwallis
- Lord Dalhousie
- Lord Hastings
- Lord Wellesley
Ans- Lord Bentinck
46. Which was the major driving force behind the Revolt of 1857?
- British reform like widow marriage, Sati abolition
- Discriminatory tariff policy and heavy taxation
- Introduction of Enfield rifle using animal fat
- Military discrimination against India Soldiers
- She Doctrine of Lapse introduced by Dalhousie
Ans- Introduction of Enfield rifle using animal fat
47. Arya Samaj’ was founded by:
- Radhakant Deb
- Raja Ram Mohan Roy
- Swami Vivekananda
- Swami Dayananda
- Tulsi Ram
Ans- Swami Dayananda
48. Which is the year of’ Champaran Satyagraha’?
49. Four of the following happened in one year, while one was not. Identify the odd one;
- Cripps Mission to India
- Commencement of Congress Radio
- Lord Wavell convened Shimla Conference
- Establishment of ‘Azad Hind Fauj’
- Quit India Movement
Ans- Establishment of ‘Azad Hind Fauj’
50. Which of the following is not resulted due to the rotation of the Earth?
- Causation of day and night
- causation of seasons
- Time difference between meridians
- Change in the direction of winds and ocean currents
- Rise and fall of tides every day
Ans- causation of seasons
51. A flight moving from London to Mumbai took 16 hours to reach the destination. If it had taken off at 9 AM London time on 15th January 2016, then at what Indian time and date would it have landed at Mumbai?
- 02.30 PM on 15th
- 07.30 PM on 15th
- 01.00 AM on 16th
- 06.30AM on 16th
- 09.00 AM on 16th
Ans-06.30AM on 16th
52. Which country does maintain the same standard time as that of India?
- Sri Lanka
Ans- Sri Lanka
53. Which nuclear power station is situated in Karnataka?
54. Which of the following volcanoes is not associated with the “Pacific Ring of Fire”?
- Mt. Cotopaxi
- Mt. Fujiyama
- Mt. Mayon
- Mt. St. Helens
- Mt. Vesuvius
Ans- Mt. Vesuvius
55. “Meander” is formed due to the work of :
- Running water
- Underground water
Ans- Running water
56. Which of the following local winds is known as the ‘snow eater’?
57. A cloudy night is hotter than a clear night. This is due to
- Greater convection
- Increase in sensible heat
- Increase in solar radiation
- Influx of latent heat
- Prevention of Earth radiation
Ans- Prevention of Earth radiation
58. Which of the following deserts is located in India?
- The Atakama
- The Kalahari
- The Sahara
- The Sonoran
- The Thar
Ans- The Thar
59. The largest of the Indian states in terms of area is :
- Andhra Pradesh
- Madhya Pradesh
- Uttar Pradesh
60. The highest peak of Orissa is :
- The Bhismagiri
- The Deomali
- The Khairburu
- The Mahendragiri
- The Meghasini
Ans- The Deomali
61. Which of the following countries is not a member of G-8?
- United Kingdom
- United States
62. The First Woman Chief Minister of an Indian state is :
- Mrs. Annie Besant
- Mrs. Indira Gandhi
- Mrs. Sarojini Naidu
- Mrs. Sucheta Kripaiani
- Mrs. Vijaya Laxmi Pandit
Ans- Mrs. Sucheta Kripaiani
63. According to the recent provisions in the Indian Constitution the ‘right to information’ is a corollary of the right to freedom of:
- Forming Associations
- Profession, Occupation, Trade, and Business
- Speech and Expression
Ans- Speech and Expression
64. Which form of write can be issued by a Court in case the executive authority arrests a person in contravention of the procedure established by law?
- Habeas Corpus
- Quo Warranto
Ans- Habeas Corpus
65. Which Article of the Indian Constitution relating “Directive Principles of State Policy”has the provision to protect the monuments of historic interest and national importance?
- Article 47
- Article 48
- Article 49
- Article 50
- Article 51
Ans- Article 49
66. Which union territory is different from the other four in terms of the designation of the Head of Office?
- Dedra and Nagar Haveli
- Daman and Diu
67. Which of the following types of income earned by an individual in India is exempt from income tax?
- Agriculture income
- Capital gains
- Income from house property
- Income from salary
- Profit and gains from business or profession
Ans- Agriculture income
68. What happens when “there is excess production over demand”?
69. ‘The total money value of all final goods and services produced within the geographical boundaries of the country during a given period of time’ is known as
- Gross National Product
- Gross Domestic Product
- Net National Product
- National Income
Ans- Gross Domestic Product
70. Which of the following rural development programmes is not subsumed within the “National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (NREGS)”?
- Employment Assurance Scheme
- Jawahar Gram SamriddhiYojana
- National Food for Work Programme
- Nehru RozgarYojana
- Sémpoorna Gramin RozgarYojana
Ans- Nehru RozgarYojana
71. The type of unemployment resulting due to the non-utilisation of the optimal efficiency and capability of a worker is called
- Disguised unemployment
- Frictional unemployment
- Open unemployment
- Structural unemployment
72. The banking institution that facilitates the Indian exporters to operate in the international market is :
73. The “one rupee” currency note bears the signature of:
- Governor, Reserve Bank of India
- Minister of Finance
- President of India
- Prime Minister of India
- Secretary, Ministry of Finance
Ans- Secretary, Ministry of Finance
74. In which state in India is the share of the population below the poverty line the highest?
- Madhya Pradesh
- West Bengal
75. Who discovered the relationship: E=mc2?
- Albert Einstein
- D. Becquerel
- Marie Curie
- Otto Hahn
- Robert Oppenheimer
Ans- Albert Einstein
76. Which is the unit of measurement of electrical resistance?
77. A cricket player draws his hand back while taking a catch. This is an example of:
78. A vehicle starts from rest and gradually increases its motion. What is the phenomenon like?
79. Which of the following phenomena is the effect of the centrifugal force?
- Bending of a cyclist while turning
- Bulging of the Earth at equator
- Earth moving round the Sun
- Movement of electrons around the nucleus
- Turning of a moving car
Ans- Bulging of the Earth at equator
80. An air bubble in water behaves as a :
- concave lens
- Concave mirror
- Convex lens
- Convex mirror
- Plane mirror
Ans- concave lens
81. Which one is a bad conductor of electricity though being a good conductor of heat?
82. Spherical dew drops develop over leaf surfaces in winter. This is due to :
- Capillary action
- Surface tension
Ans- Surface tension
83. Which of the following radioactive elements is used in the central core of the hydrogen bombs?
84. A copper vessel turns green when left exposed to air for a long time. It is due to the formation of:
- Copper Carbonate
- Copper Hydroxide
- Copper Nitrate
- Copper Oxide
- Copper Sulfate
Ans- Copper Carbonate
85. Which organ is known as the “Blood Bank” of the human body?
86. Which of the following types of joints in the skeletal system of humans is found in the hip region?
- Ball and Socket
Ans- Ball and Socket
87. Which of the following is not present in ani cell?
- Cell Wall
Ans– Cell Wall
88. Photoperiodism is the response of organisms to:
- Periodic change in humidity
- Rhythmic fluctuations in temperature
- Seasonal variation in water availability
- Variation in day length
- Variation in the pH of the Soil
Ans- Variation in day length
89. The interaction between leguminous plants and nitrogen-fixing bacteria is an example of:
90. The most genetically modified plant is:
91. Enhanced growth in the production of shrimps by improved methods is called:
- Blue Revolution
- Grey Revolution
- Pink Revolution
- White Revolution
- Yellow Revolution
Ans- Pink Revolution
92. Which of the following biosphere reserves in India has not been recognized by UNESCO on World Network of Biosphere Reserves?
- Gulf of Mannar
93. Acid rain is a cocktail of :
- Hydrochloric acid and Nitric acid
- Hydrochloric acid and Sulphuric acid
- Sulphuric acid and Nitric acid
- Water and Nitric acid
- Water and Sulphuric acid
Ans- Sulphuric acid and Nitric acid
94. What is the function of the “F7” key in the Microsoft Word programme?
- It helps in changing the font face
- It helps in changing styles
- Helps in checking spellings and grammar
- It helps in formatting the paragraph
- It opens up the Thesaurus
Ans- Helps in checking spellings and grammar
95. Which of the following keys in MicrosoftExcel programme helps in inserting a hyperlink?
- Ctrl +K
- Ctrl +T
- Ctrl + V
Ans- Ctrl +K
96. In a class of 180 students, 4/15th of the strength were absent on a rainy day. If 3/4th of those present had brought a rainy coat, then how many did not bring a rainy coat?
97. In a temple, five bells toll together and then toll at intervals of 6, 7, 8, 9 and 12 seconds respectively. After what time lag will all the bells toll together again?
- 42 seconds
- 4 minutes and 12 seconds
- 8 minutes and 24 seconds
- 10 hours 4 minutes and 48 seconds
- Never will toll together again
Ans-8 minutes and 24 seconds
98. There are three towers A, B and C. Height of the tower A is 20% less than the height of tower B, while the height of tower C is 20% more than that tower B. By what percentage is the height of tower C greater than the height of tower A?
99. A shopkeeper sold fan at a prom of 10%. Had he purchased it for 5% less and sold for Rs. 56 more he could have gained 25%. What was the cost price of the fan?
100. ନିମ୍ନୋକ୍ତ କେଉଁଟି ‘ବ୍ରହ୍ମର୍ଷି’ ପଦର ସମାସ ଅଟେ?
- ଉପପଦ ତତ୍ପୁରୁଷ
You can read also: