Every year on 10 September observed as World Suicide Prevention Day (WSPD), organized by the International Association for Suicide Prevention (IASP). World Health Organization (WHO) and the World Federation for Mental Health (WFMH) have been co-sponsor of this day.
The main aim of this day to prevent suicide raise awareness of various activities around the world on this day since 2003.
This year on 10th World Suicide Prevention Day observed with the theme “Working Together to Prevent Suicide”
Theme of World Suicide Prevention Day 2019 – “Working Together to Prevent Suicide”
On World Suicide Prevention Day, we are launching a “40 seconds of action” campaign to raise awareness of the scale of suicide around the world and the role that each of us can play to help prevent it.
On its first event in 2003, the World Health Organization’s global suicide prevention initiative main strategy for its implementation are:
- National multiple activities to increase awareness about suicidal behaviors and how to effectively prevent them.”
- strengthening the capabilities of countries to develop and evaluate national plans and policies for suicide prevention.”
According to WHO, death by suicide nearly half of all violent deaths in the world. Rates of suicide attempts tend to be 2-3 times higher in women than in men and One in every three seconds.
A lot of stress & depression-related reasons to commit suicide have increased.
Many causes of suicide in India due to failing in the examination, family problems, love affairs, illness, and Unemployment.
Visit official website for more information Click Here
You can read also:
- United Nations Climate change and Human Rights(current affairs)
- New Traffic Rules 2019 | Fines in 2019
- List states and capital of India
- SSC MTS Answer Key 2019-PDF Download
- RRB Paramedical Result 2019 Declared
- National Sports Day
- 34 Current Affairs Quiz(August 1st week)
- 50 current affairs quiz of August 1st Week
- Country Currency list