RRC DELHI GROUP-‘D’ EXAM
(Held on 9th Nov 2014, 1st sitting)
1. Shri M Venkaiah Naid Is NOT the cabinet minister of (as on 15th Oct 2014)
- Urban Development
- Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation
- Parliamentary Affairs
2. Sushri Uma Bharati is NOT the cabinet minister of (as on 15 Oct 2014)
- Water resources
- River Development
- Drinking water and sanitation
- Ganga Rejuvenation
Ans- C.Drinking water and sanitation
3. Which Army was headed by Subash Chana Boss?
- Indian National Army
- Light Brigade
- Foreign Legion
- Bengal Regiment
Ans-a. Indian National Army
4. Among the following which one is incorrectly matched?
- National Pension Scheme – the Contribution pension system
- National literacy mission program – Adult education
- Midday meal scheme – Lunch to school children
- Indira Awas yojana – Free housing scheme to ladies
Ans-d. Indira Awas yojana – Free housing scheme to ladies
5. Which of the following disease is not caused by bacteria?
6. Oral Rehydration Therapy is recommended for :
7. ‘Money planet’ is the ATM network of which Indian bank?
- Bank of Baroda
- Karnatak bank
- State bank of India
- The central bank of India
8. ‘Just do it’ is a famous punchline from which global brand?
9. Which bill has finally passed by the parliament in December 2013 after a massive protest by public activist Anna Hazare?
- Jan Lokpal
- Lokpal and Lokayukta Act
- Jan Lokayukta
Ans- C. Lokpal and Lokayukta Act
10. According to which article of the constitution of India, do the citizen have the right to know the information about the candidate’s assets and liabilities?
- Article 21
- Article 30 (A)
- Article 19 (A)
- Article 14
Ans- C. Article 19 (A)
11. Find the incorrect match?
- The special status of Kashmir – Article 370
- Fundamental rights – Article 15 – 35
- Directive principles of states policy – Article 36 – 50
- Fundamental duties of the citizen – Article 90
Ans- d. Fundamental duties of the citizen – Article 90
12. Which of the following is not a programming language?
- Microsoft ASP
Ans- C. Microsoft ASP
13. ISP stands for –
- Internet service provider
- Internet survey period
- Integrated service provider
- Internet Security Protocol
Ans- a. Internet service provider
You can read also: Monthly Current Affairs Question with Answers(October 2019)
14. Which of the following Railway Station was formerly known as Victoria Terminus?
- Churchgate Railway station
- Mumbai central
- Lokmanya Tilak Terminus
- Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus
Ans- d. Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus
15. Which is the name of the chief of Army staff?
- General V K Singh
- General Bikram Singh
- General Dalbir Singh Suhag
- General Thimayya
Ans- C. General Dalbir Singh Suhag
16. A corked bottle full of water when frozen will break because of:
- Glass is a bad conductor of heat
- The volume of water increases on freezing
- The bottle contracts on freezing
- The volume of water decreases on freezing
Ans- b.The volume of water increases on freezing
17. In India, Gene bank of Wheat is located at –
- IARI, New Delhi
Ans- d. Karnal
18. What is the center of an Atom Called?
Ans- b. Nucleus
19. Which of the following acids is used in the car battery?
a. Hydrochloric acid
Ans- b.Sulphuric acid
20. ‘OECD’ Stands for –
a.Organization for Economic cooperation and development.
b.Opportunity for Economic cooperation and development.
c.Organization for Economic Conference and development.
d.Organization for Environmental cooperation and Development.
Ans- a.Organization for Economic cooperation and development.
21. Where is the Indus Civilization city ‘Lothal’ located?
Ans- a .Gujarat
22. Among the following name the State where Density of the population is the lowest?
c .Arunachal Pradesh
Ans- c .Arunachal Pradesh
23. What causes the wind to defect towards the left in the Southern Hemisphere?
b .Magnetic field
c .Rotation of the earth
Ans- c .Rotation of the earth
24. Which one of the following is located in the Bastar Region?
a .Bandhavgarh National Park
b .Dandeli Sanctuary
c .Rajaji National park
d .Indravati National Park
Ans- d .Indravati National Park
25. In which state ‘Guru Shikhar peak’ is located?
c .Madhya Pradesh
Ans- a .Rajasthan
26. Mughal painting reached its highest level of progress during the reign of –
d .Saha Jahan
Ans- c .Jahangir
27. Because Pluto is now no longer a planet, the planet that lies at the outermost orbit of the solar system is :
a .Saturn Neptune
Ans- b .Mercury
28. Expand the term ‘EMI’ as used in banking /finance sector?
a .Easy Monthly Installment
b .Equal Monthly Investment
c .Equated Monthly Installment
d .Equated Mortgage Investment
Ans- c .Equated Monthly Installment
29. At which of the following cities the Head Office of Reserve Bank of India is located?
b .New Delhi
Ans- a .Mumbai
30. Name the person, who captained Marylebone Cricket Club XI that played during the celebration of bi-centenary of Lord’s cricket ground.
a .Sachin Tendulkar
b .Shane Warne
c .Rahul Dravid
d .Aaron Finch
Ans- a .Sachin Tendulkar
31. Who won ‘Dronacharya Awards’ for year 2014 in the field of wrestling ?
a .Mahabir Prasd
c .Gurcharan Singh Gogi
Ans- a .Mahabir Prasd
32. Who got ‘Dhyanchand Awards’ for the year 2014 in Hockey ?
a .Gurmail Singh
b .K.P. Thakkar
c .Zeeshan Ali
d .Mahabir Prasad
Ans- a .Gurmail Singh
33. The largest ‘Buddist Temple’ in the world is located in:
a . India
b . Indonesia
c . Japan
d . China
Ans- b . Indonesia
34. In which language was Buddhist Literatures written?
a . Sanskrit
b . Prakrit
c . Hindi
d . Pali
Ans- d . Pali
35. Shivaji Rao Gaikwad is the real name of which famous actor?
a . NTR
b . Chiranjeevi
c . Rajnikanth
d . Nagarjuna
Ans- c . Rajnikanth
36. ‘Make in India’ Brand campaign was launched by the Prime Minister to :
a . To promote youth development
b . To promote industry
c . To promote large scale manufacturing in India
d . To promote massive weapon Manufacturing Program
Ans- c . To promote large scale manufacturing in India
37. From which one of the following chambers of human heart is oxygenated blood pumped into aorta?
a . Right Atrium
b . Right Ventricle
c . Left Atrium
d . Left Ventricle
Ans- d . Left Ventricle
38. Mineral impurities in blood is removed by :
a . Lungs
b . Kidney
c . Spleen
d . Liver
Ans- b . Kidney
39. Which one of the following weather conditions is indicated by sudden fall in barometer reading ?
a . Stormy weather
b . Calm weather
c . Cold and dry weather
d . Hot and sunny weather
Ans- a . Stormy weather
40. Which country has world’s largest railway network ?
a . India
b . China
c . USA
d . USSR
Ans- c . USA
41. Who was an Italian Traveler to India ?
a . Niketin
b . Fitch
c . Terry
d . Marco Polo
Ans- d . Marco Polo
42. Which of the following Writes is said to be a guarantor of personal freedom?
a . Mandamus
b . Quo Warranto
c . Habeas Corpus
d . Certiorai
Ans- c . Habeas Corpus
43. Which monument was built by the Mughal Emperor Akbar?
a . Qutub Minar
b . Red Fort
c . Charminar
d . Fatehpur Sikhri
Ans- d . Fatehpur Sikhri
44. Which State in India has lowest number of females in comparison to males?
a . Bihar
b . Rajasthan
c . Punjab
d . Haryana
Ans- d . Haryana
45. How many Lok Sabha seats come under the state of Haryana ?
a . 8
b . 9
c . 10
d . 11
Ans- c . 10
46. Which noted English actor, film director, who directed movie Gandhi and died recently ?
a . Robin Williams
b . Richard Attenborough
c . Robin Attenborough
d . Richard Williams
Ans- b . Richard Attenborough
47. What has been promised investment by Japan to India in the recently concluded Bilateral Summit?
a. $ 20 billion
b. $ 25 billion
c. $ 30 billion
d. $ 35 billion
Ans- d. $ 35 billion
48. Shri Narendra Damodhar Modi is NOT holding the portfolio of –
b. Public Grievances and Pensions
c. Department of Atomic Energy
d. Overseas Indian Affairs
Ans- d. Overseas Indian Affairs
49. Which Schedule of the Constitution contains powers, authorities and responsibilities of Panchayati Raj?
Ans- c. Eleventh
50. Motion of Thanks’ is given by the Indian Parliament to :
a. Some MP does very good works
b. Some citizen does very good work for the country
c. Prime Minister does a very good work for the country
d. President of India after he addresses both House of the parliament
Ans- d. President of India after he addresses both House of the parliament
51. Which of the following countries is not a permanent member of the UN Security Council?
Ans- d. Spain
52. The current Lok Sabha constituted after the General Election is
a. 13th Lok Sabha
b. 14th Lok Sabha
c. 15th Lok Sabha
d. 16th Lok Sabha
Ans- d. 16th Lok Sabha
53. Attorney General of India is appointed by :
b. Law Minister
d. Chief Justice of Supreme Court
Ans- c. President
54. For writing the Punjabi language, which Sikh guru developed the Gurumukhi script ?
a . Guru Angad
b . Guru Amar Das
c . Guru Ram Das
d . Guru Arjan
Ans- a . Guru Angad
55. During the Non-cooperation Movement, which award did Gandhi ji return?
b. Rai Bahadur
Ans- c. Kaiser-e-Hind
56. Who founded the famous ‘Ghadar Party’ in America in 1913?
a. Madame Cama
b. Lala Hardayal
c. Rash Behari Bose
d. Chandrashekhar Azad
Ans- b. Lala Hardayal
57. The tissue which connects bone to bone is –
Ans- a. Ligament
58. Which one of the following rights was described by Dr. B.R. Ambedkar as the heart and soul of the Constitution?
a. Right to freedom of religion
b. Right to property
c. Right to equality
d. Right to Constitutional
Ans- d. Right to Constitutional
59. Labor Day’ is celebrated on –
a . 1 May
b . 1 June
c . 1 January
d . 1 March
Ans- a . 1 May
60. “Madhubani’ a style of folk painting, is popular in which of the following states in India?
b. Madhya Pradesh
c. West Bengal
Ans- a. Bihar
61. A student has to score 30% marks to get through. If he gets 30 marks and fails by 30 marks. Find the maximum marks set for the examination.
Ans- c. 200
62. A candidate scores 25% and fails by 60 marks, while another candidate who scores 50% mares, gets 40 marks more than the minimum required marks to pass the exam. Find the maximum marks of the examination:
Ans- c. 400
63. The sum of the present ages of a father and his son is 60 years. Six years ago, the father’s age was five times the age of the son. After 6 years, the son’s age will be
a. 12 years
b . 14 years
c. 18 years
d. 20 years
Ans- d. 20 years
64. An error of 2% in excess is made while measuring the side of a square. The percentage of error in the calculated area of the square is :
Ans- d. 4.04%
65. A clock is started at noon. By 10 minutes past 5, the hour hand has turned through :
Ans- c. 155°
66. An automobile financier claims to be lending money at simple interest, but he includes the interest every six months for calculating the principal. If he is charging an interest of 10%, the effective rate of interest becomes :
Ans- c. 10.5%
67. Word Processing, Spreadsheet, and Photo-editing are examples of :
a. Application software
b. System software
c. Operating system software
d. platform software
Ans- a. Application software
68. A _ is approximately one billion bytes.
Ans- c. Gigabyte
69. The process of transferring one file from the Internet to your computer is called –
c. Fast Internet Date Protocol
d. Hypertext Transfer Protocol
Ans- a. Download
70. Name the company that on 26 April 2014 completed the acquisition of Nokia’s mobile handset business
a. Microsoft based in the US
b. Oracle-based in the US
c. Adobe Systems based in US
d. SAP-based in Germany
Ans- a. Microsoft based in the US
71. Name the founder of Leela Group of Hotels, who died on 17 May 2014 in Mumbai at the age of 91.
a. Captain Krishna Nair
b. Captain G. Gopinath
c. N. Krishna Moorthy
d. Vikas Seth
Ans- a. Captain Krishna Nair
72 .Name the former Chairman and Managing Director of Tata Steel known as the Grand Old Man of Steel, who died on 16 May 2014.
a. Russi Mody
b. Ratan Tata
c. JRD Tata
d. B. Muthuraman
Ans- a. Russi Mody
73. Name the State that recently established Women Helpline in each district.
b. Utter Pradesh
Ans- b. Utter Pradesh
74. Who became the first Chief Minister in Telangana?
a. Chandrababu Naidu
b. Jagan Mohon Reddy
c. YS Vijaymala
d. Chandrasekhar Rao
Ans- d. Chandrasekhar Rao
75. The ratio of the width of the National Flag to its length is –
a . 1: 2
b . 2: 1
c . 2 : 3
d. 3: 2
Ans- c . 2 : 3
76. Where is the ‘Leaning Tower’ located?
Ans- d. Pisa
77. Which of the following pair is correctly matched?
- Arthashastra – Kautilya
- Mein Kampf – Abul Fazal
- Animal Farm – Babur
- Divine Comedy – Karl Marx
Ans- Arthashastra – Kautilya
78. Who has written the book “The Accidental Prime Minister”?
a. K Natwar Singh
b. Vinod Rai
c. Sanjaya Baru
d. Tavleen Singh
Ans- c. Sanjaya Baru
79. Who amongst the following was involved in the Alipore Bomb case?
a. S.N. Banerjee
b. Bipan Chandra Pal
c. Jatin Das
d. Aurobindo Ghosh
Ans- d. Aurobindo Ghosh
80. The title ‘Punjab Kesari’ was conferred upon?
a. Ranjit Singh
b. Bhagat Singh
c. Lala Lajpat Rai
d. Sardar Baldev Sings
Ans- c. Lala Lajpat Rai
81. Rajesh walked 25m towards the south. Then he turns to his left and walked 20m. He then turned to his left and walked 25m. He again yurned to his right and walked 15m. At what distance is he from the starting point and in which direction?
a .35m. east
b .35m. north
c .30m. west
d .45m. east
Ans- a .35m. east
82. A lent Rs. 600 to B for 2 years and Rs. 150 to C for 4 years and received Rs. 90 from both as interest, find out the rate of interest, simple interest being calculated.
Ans- a .5%
83. In a certain store, the profit is 320% of the cost, if the cost increases by 25% but the selling price remains constant, approximately what percentage of the selling price is the profit?
d.None of the above
Ans- d. None of the above
84. A sum of the Rs.468.75 was lent out simple interest and at the end of 1 year 8 months the total amount was Rs. 500. find the rate of interest per annum.
Ans- a .4%
85. Rs. 800 amounts to Rs.920 in three years at simple interest. If the interest rate increased by 3% to how much would it amount?
Ans- c. Rs.992
86. Amit said this “girl is the wife of the grandson of my mother”. How is Amit related to the girl?
87. Pointing towards a man, a woman said, “His mother is the only daughter of my mother.” How is the woman related to the man?
88. In a codling system, PEN is written by NZO and BARK as CTSL. How can we write a PRANK?
89. If the TEACHER is coded an LMKJNMP, then How will HEART be coded?
Ans- d. NMKPL
90. Find the relationship as expressed in the given pair :
Calendar : Dates : : Dictionary : ?
91. Find the relationship as expressed in the given pair :
Circle: Circumference: : square:?
92. Find the relationship as expressed in the given pair :
Breeze: Cyclone: : Drizzle:?
Ans- d. Downpour
93. Find the relationship as expressed in the given pair :
Import : Export : : Expenditure : ?
94. Find the missing number?
24, 60, 120, 210, ?
Ans- b .336
95. Find the Missing number :
3, 12, 27, 48, 75, 108. ?
Ans- a .147
96. Arrange the following words according to the dictionary arrangement :
a . 1, 2, 3, 4
b . 3, 2, 4, 1
c . 3, 2, 1, 4
d . 4, 2, 1, 3
Ans- c . 3, 2, 1, 4
97. Fresh grapes contain 80% water while dry grapes contain 10% water. If the weight of dry grapes is 250 kg, what is the total weight when it was fresh?
Ans- c .1125kg
98. A seller allows a discount of 5% on a watch. If he allows a discount of 7% he earns Rs.15 less in the profit. What is the market price?
Ans- c. Rs.750
99. An Aeroplane covers a certain distance at a speed of 240 kmps in 5 hours. To cover the same distance in hours, it must travel at a speed of :
a .300 kmph
b .360 kmph
c .600 kmph
d .720 kmph
Ans- d .720 kmph