Odisha Subordinate Staff Selection Commission (OSSSC) has announced the examination date for the post of Junior Clerk/ Junior Assistant under General and Special Recruitment Drive for ST/SC of different Departments of Government of Odisha, ADVERTISEMENT Notification No.IIE-11/2018-1100 (C)/OSSSC which will be held on 22.12.2019(Sunday).Admit card or hall ticket will be uploaded on its official website shortly. All appeared candidates can download their admit card from www.osssc.gov.in and also from this site below given link.
Here we provide all the information regarding Junior Clerk and Junior Assistant post like vacancy, syllabus, how to download admit card, etc. candidates can check all information here.
Post Name:-Junior Clerk and Junior Assistant
Odisha Sub-ordinate Staff Selection Commission (OSSSC) has decided to conduct the exam on 22nd December 2019. candidates can only download the OSSSC Hall Ticket from 15th December 2019 on the official website site osssc.gov.in.
OSSSC Selection Procedure Junior Clerk/Junior Assistant 2019
- Written Test
- Practical Skill Test
- Personal Interview
There shall be a Written Examination for 385 marks (MCQ type in OMR system) and Practical Skill Test of 65 marks as detailed below:
Part I: Language Test (English & Odia)
Part II: Objective General Knowledge
Part -I: Objective Mathematics
Part -II: Basic Computer Skills(Objective)
Practical Skill Test
Odia Essay & Letter writing
Basic Computer Skills
Syllabus Of Junior Clerk/Junior Assistant Examination:
1.Language Test (English and Odia) :
A. English Language Test – 50 marks
Verbs, Tenses, Active and Passive voice, Subject-verb Agreement,
Types of sentences, Direct and Indirect speech, Comparison.
Prepositions ,Articles, Noun, Pronouns, Connectors.
Unseen passage (400-450 words in length).
B. Odia Language Test – 35 marks
Grammar -20 marks
Translation (One English passage of around 100 words to be translated into Odia)-05 marks
Comprehension of an unseen prose passage (5 x 2)= 10 marks
Five short questions to be asked
You can read also: OSSC Junior Clerk Exam Date Released
2. Objective General knowledge — 100 marks
- Matching Historical events with dates, personalities and places, Geographical facts with places,
- States, Countries, and institutions with headquarters,
- Books and authors,
- Scientific facts and discoveries with dates, persons and uses,
- Current events with places and personalities, and,
- Matching questions of miscellaneous type.
3.Objective Mathematics — 100 marks
- Number System
- HCF and LCM
- Squares and Square Roots
- Cubes and Cube Roots
- Percentage and Averages
- Simple Interest and Compound Interest.
- Profit, Loss, and Discount
- Ratio and Proportion
Under this, there will be a series of questions in Practical Mathematics required for day-to-day use. The questions would be such as to test the candidate’s ability to work out with quickness and accuracy.
4. Basic Computer Knowledge (Objective) — 100 marks
- MS Windows: Introduction of Windows
- MS Office: MS Word, MS PowerPoint, and MS Excel
5. Practical Skill Test: –
A. Essay & Letter Writing in Odia- 15 marks
(i) Essay writing (within 250 words) 10 marks
(ii) Letter Writing (Personal letter, Applications, Business or Official) (within 150 words) 05 marks
B. Basic Computer Skills- 50 marks
- WINDOWS operating system: *To test some of the following basic system operations on file/folder(s): – e Create, Rename, Copy/Cut/Paste, Delete
Il. MS Word: *A Paragraph in MS Word incorporating some of the tools given below:- e Editing and formatting text and paragraph e Page and Paragraph Set-up
III. MS PowerPoint:*A PowerPoint presentation with 2/3 slides using the tools given below: – e Editing and formatting slides
- MS Excel:*A problem in spreadsheet related to some of the tools given below:- e Formatting cells and data e functions
A candidate securing 4 minimum 40% marks in it will only be deemed to be qualified but this score shall not be added to the total marks of the recruitment examination. However, the marks secured in Essay and Letter writing shall be added to the total marks secured in the Written Test for preparation of final Merit Lists.
How to Download OSSSC Jr. Clerk & Jr. Assistant Admit Card?
- Visit the official website ossc gov.in
- Click on the login tab which places on top of the site.
- Then Open a login page automatically.
- Fill your details like username and password on the login
- After login go to On-Line Application Management System (OLAMS) which present in the left side.
- then click Download your admit card and save it for the future.
Check Advertisement PDF Click Here
Check for official notification PDF Click Here
Download admit card click here