2nd June Important Current Affairs 2019: Dear Students, Here are 2nd June 2019 Daily important Current Affairs. We are providing you Important Current Affairs, which have unique updates of all daily events from all newspapers. It helps aspirants for SSC, Railway, State PSU & all competitive exams. Happy Reading……
Current Affairs 2019 IMPORTANT DAYS
2nd June: International Whores’ Day /International Sex Workers Day
- 2nd June is observed International Sex Workers Day/ International Whores’ Day This day honors sex workers and recognizes their often exploited working conditions. It has been celebrated annually since 1976.
The state of Telangana is celebrating the 5th anniversary of its foundation.
- Telangana is the 29th state of India, which came into being on June 2nd, 2014, after Andhra Pradesh was split into two states Telangana and Andhra Pradesh.
- Chief Minister Chandrasekhar Rao hoisted the National Flag at a ceremonial program held on the lawns of Jubilee Hall at Public Gardens in Hyderabad.
Chief Minister: K Chandrasekhar Rao
Total Districts: 33
Official Languages: Telugu, Urdu
Central American country El Salvador’s new President Nayib Bukele
- Nayib Bukele has been sworn-in as the President of Central American country of El Salvador.
- Bukele was sworn-in by the Speaker of the National Assembly in downtown San Salvador.
Yoga Instructor, Namrata Menon appointed as brand ambassador to promote yoga in Goa
- State Health Department of Goa announced the appointment of Panaji-based, Namrata Menon, Yoga Instructor, and fitness expert, as brand ambassador to promote yoga in Goa.
- She is appointed to promote the ancient system of physical and mental practices to raise awareness about the benefits of yoga so that people follow it on a daily basis and encourage people to inculcate a healthy lifestyle.
Mobile phones Ban during cabinet meetings in Uttar Pradesh
- Yogi Adityanath CM of Uttar Pradesh ban on the use of mobile phones during cabinet meetings.
- So that ministers could focus on issues discussed in the meetings and not get distracted by their phones.
The Centre has shortlisted 5 cities to hold National Programme of the International Yoga Day this year
- The Centre has shortlisted 5 cities, Delhi, Shimla, Mysore, Ahmedabad, and Ranchi to hold National Programme of the International Yoga Day this year.
- Names of these cities have been sent to the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) which will finalize the venue of the main function to be held on June 21.
- If selected, the national capital would be hosting the event for the second time.
The Elephanta Festival of art and culture kicked off at the iconic Gateway of India in Mumbai
- This event is organized on the Elephanta Island and promoted by the Maharashtra government.
- Noted singers like Rahul Deshpande, Swapnil Bandodkar and Priyanka Barve will perform on the occasion while noted wright Achyut Palov, painter Vasudev Kamat, cartoonist Nilesh Jadhav, and Shil Kumbhar will give live demonstrations on ‘Avishkar Live’.
- Elephanta Caves located on the Elephenta island are a UNESCO World Heritage Site. They are a collection of cave temples predominantly dedicated to Lord Shiv.
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) is going to observe Financial Literacy Week across the country from 3rd to 7th June 2019.
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) is going to observe Financial Literacy Week across the country from 3rd to 7th June 2019.
- The theme of Financial Literacy Week 2019: ‘Farmers and how they benefit by being a part of the formal banking system’.
PepsiCo India builds a Food manufacturing plant in Uttar Pradesh.
- PepsiCo India is going to invest nearly ₹500 crore to build a Food manufacturing plant in Uttar Pradesh.
- This company which sells Tropicana, 7Up, Mountain Dew and Kurkure chips, and Lay’s chips said it is part of its efforts to expand capacity in India’s growing packaged foods market through 62 food and beverage plants.
- It’s global chairman and CEO:- Ramon Laguarta.
Punjab Health Minister bans online delivery of food
- Punjab State government plans to ban online delivery of food without hygiene rating as per the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) guidelines. The announcement was made by the Health Minister Brahm Mohindra. The decision was taken under the ‘Tandarust Punjab Mission’.
- Health Minister of the State Brahm Mohindra has issued directions to all online food order and supply companies to display the hygiene rating of the food business operators registered with them.
Headquarters: New Delhi
Chairperson: Rita Teotia
CEO: Pawan Kumar Agarwal
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope is the world’s largest and most expensive
- The National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)’s $8.8-billion James Webb Space Telescope, the world’s largest and most expensive one, has successfully passed final thermal vacuum test, making its parts cleared for use in space.
- The 6.5-meter diameter telescope has 18 gold-coated mirrors and a tennis court-sized sun shield to gather light and protect its instruments.
- The telescope, set to launch in 2021, took 20 years to build.
The United States is planning to send equipment to the surface of the Moon starting 2020, for its 2024 human lunar mission, for the first time since the 1970s, NASA said.
NASA has chosen 3 American commercial Moon landing service providers for the same.
Each company has developed lunar landers of different sizes and shapes to deliver up to 23 payloads.
You Can Read also:-
Astronomers discovered the Forbidden Planet, NGTS- 4b in the Neptunian Desert
- An international collaboration of astronomers with the University of Warwick, I-JK, have discovered an exoplanet, Next-Generation Transit Survey(NGTS)- 4b, the Forbidden Planet, in the Neptunian Desert.
- It is smaller than Neptune but 3 times the size of the Earth.
- The Research was led by Dr. Richard West including Professor Peter Wheatley, Dr. Daniel Bayliss and Dr. James McCormac from the Astronomy and Astrophysics Group at the University of Warwick.
India removes the restriction on air space usage
- Indian Air Force (IAF) removed all temporary restrictions on all air routes in the Indian airspace.
- India imposed restrictions which did not allow any aircraft flying over Pakistan airspace to use entry or exit points into India.
- flights on these sectors were taking longer routes leading to an increase in flying time by up to three hours Since February 27.
CURRENT AFFAIRS 2019 PDF: SPORTS
India and other 2 countries expressed interest to host the Asian Football Confederation (AFC)’s Asian Cup football tournament for Women to be held in 2022.
- The two other countries Chinese Taipei and Uzbekistan are in contention to host Asia’s premier women’s competition.
- The three countries will now be invited to nominate their proposed venues for the tournament, with the host expected to be announced by the second quarter of 2020.
- Note: Earlier, India hosted the event in the year 1980 at Kozhikode.
- Former Arsenal, Real Madrid and Spain forward Jose Antonio Reyes (35) died in a car crash. He had made his professional debut for Sevilla aged 16 in the 1999/00 season and moved to Arsenal in January 2004.
- Veteran industrialist and Williamson Magor Group (WMG) patriarch B M Khaitan (92) passed away. Khaitan had recently retired as Chairman from the boards of Eveready Industries and the world’s largest producer of tea McLeod Russel, both WMG companies.
click to download [su_button url=”https://studentsdisha.in/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/Current-Affairs-2019.pdf” target=”blank” style=”glass” background=”#e31add” color=”#fffdfd” size=”5″ center=”yes” radius=”round” icon=”icon: hand-o-right”] Download[/su_button]