9th March 2019 Daily Current Affairs: Dear Students, Here is 9th March 2019 Daily important Current Affairs. We are providing you Today’s Important Current Affairs, which have unique updates of all daily events from all newspapers. It helps you for SSC, Railway, State PSU & all competitive exams. Happy Reading……
- Jagdish Mukhi today sworn in as the 19th Governor of Mizoram
Jagdish Mukhi today sworn in as the 19th Governor of Mizoram.
- Ex-Lok Sabha MP Baijayant Jay Panda has been appointed as the National Vice-President and Spokesperson of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).
Abhinav Yajurvedi as its Chief Technology Officer (CTO).
- Mumbai-based online drug delivery platform PharmEasy has appointed former Myntra executive Abhinav Yajurvedi as its Chief Technology Officer (CTO).
SC Garg appoints as Finance Secretary
The Appointments Committee of Cabinet has approved designating Subhash Chandra Garg, IAS Secretary, Department of economics Affairs, Ministry of Finance as Finance Secretary. Garg would replace Ajay Narayan Jha.
He had also been named a member of the 15th Finance Commission.
Hasmukh Adhia appointed as chancellor of Gujarat Central University
Former Finance Secretary Hasmukh Adhia. The appointment was approved by President Ram Nath Kovind.
• Adhia succeeds Yoginder K Alagh. The current vice-chancellor of the university is SA Bari.
- UN-founded University for Peace confers Honorary Doctorate on Vice President Naidu
Vice President Venkaiah Naidu was conferred with an Honorary Doctorate by the University for Peace founded by theUnited Nations Organisations (UNO) for his contribution “to the Rule of Law, democracy and sustainable development in India”.
ISRO, French space agency seal agreement on maritime security
National space agency ISRO and its French counterpart The National Centre for Space Studies (CNES) sealed an agreement to set up a joint maritime surveillance system in the country in May.
The two agencies have put up two climate and ocean weather monitoring satellites Megha-Tropiques (of 2011) and SARAL-AltiKa (2013) that are considered a model.
India, World Bank And Representatives Of 5 States Signed Loan Agreement For DRIP
• This agreement will help rehabilitate and modernize over 220 selected large dams in the States of Karnataka, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Odisha, Tamil Nadu, and Uttarakhand.
• World Bank Headquarters: Washington, D.C.
Membership: 189 countries
Karnataka Govt launched the Jal Amrutha scheme
• Jala Amrutha will be major water conservation scheme that will focus on drought-proofing measures, including protection and rejuvenation of water bodies.
• The state government has sanctioned the grant of Rs 500 crore. Under it, the state government aims to rejuvenate 14,000 waterbodies and building 12,000 check-dams in the next two years. Karnataka government has declared 2019 as the Year of Water.
Uttarakhand CM launches free milk scheme for anganwadi children
Uttarakhand Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat launched the Mukhyamantri Anchal Amrit Yojana in Dehradun, under which 2.5 lakh children at 20,000 Anganwadi kendras in the state will be given 100 ml milk twice a week for free.
• Flavoured, sweet, skimmed milk powder will be made available to the 20,000 Anganwadi kendras across the state under the Amrit Yojana.
WB CM announces a new scheme ‘Yuvashree Arpan’ for employment of youth
Ahead of the Lok Sabha polls, West Bengal chief minister Mamata Banerjee announced a grant of 1 lakh to graduates of the state’s 214 polytechnics and Industrial Training Institutes (ITI), to set up small businesses. The CM introduced the scheme, Yuvashree Arpan, in Howrah district.
Kerala’s Marayoor Jaggery Gets Geographical Indication Tag
The Marayoor Jaggery, the traditional and handmade product from Idukki district of Kerala received.
IRDAI, NHA form joint working group on Ayushman Bharat
Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) and National Health Agency (NHA) will set up a joint working group for better implementation of Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB-PMJAY). The working group will do a comparative study of packages and define standards for quality healthcare.
• The 11-member group will have representatives from both IRDAI and NHA. Dinesh Arora, Deputy CEO of NHA will chair the working group.
Nari Shakti awards 2018
President Ram Nath Kovind presented the Nari Shakti awards 2018, the highest civilian honor for women in India, in New Delhi on the occasion of International Women’s Day.
A total of 41 individuals and 3 institutions were given the award.
Some of the important names are: Pragya Prasun (Acid attack victim and social activist)
Sunita Devi (Rani Mistri)
Reshma Nilofer Naha (1st woman marine pilot of India)
Dr. Seema Rao (India’s 1st woman commando trainer)
Brahma Kumari Shivani (Spiritual and motivational speaker)
Sonia Jabbar (Wildlife conservationist)
One Stop Centre of Lucknow
Tamil Nadu State Social Welfare and Nutritious Meal Department
Acko conferred with Golden Peacock award for innovative product
The award was presented to Biresh Giri, Appointed Actuary & CRO, Acko in the presence of global business leaders at the recently held event in Dubai.
NASA honored Katherine by renaming its IV&V facility in West Virginia
• NASA has honored Katherine Johnson by renaming its Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V) facility in West Virginia in her name. She is a person who defied racism at the U.S. space agency and became a legendary mathematician.
• The facility’s programme contributes to the safety and success of NASA’s highest-profile missions by assuring that mission software performs correctly.
The Guinness World Records has officially confirmed Kane Tanaka (Japan) as the world’s oldest living person. She is 116 years 66 days old.