Dear Students Here is 8th March 2019 Daily Current Affairs. we are providing you Today’s Important Current Affairs, which have unique updates of all daily events from all newspapers. It helps you for SSC, Railway, State PSU & all competitive exams. Happy Reading……
International Women’s Day 2019
The theme of International Women’s Day 2019: ‘Think Equal, Build Smart, Innovate for Change’.
National Women’s Day of India was observed on 13 February, on the date of birth of India’s first women governor Sarojini Naidu.
Soumya Swaminathan named Chief Scientist at WHO
- Ausaf Sayeed, presently High Commissioner of India to the Republic of Seychelles. He is going to replace Ahmad Javed, who had been serving as envoy to Saudi Arabia since December 2015.
UNDP appoints Padma Lakshmi as Goodwill Ambassador
- The announcement was made by UNDP Administrator Achim Steiner, on the International Women’s Day.
Delhi government launches app One Delhi to track bus, metro services
- To make travel easier in Delhi, the app allows users to access all bus stops, bus and metro routes, fares, expected time of arrival (ETA) of buses and metro.
India offers worlds cheapest mobile data packs: UK Report
India offers worlds cheapest mobile data packs according to UK Report. While India (USD 0.26) topped the scale of cheap mobile data, Kyrgyzstan (USD 0.27), Kazakstan (USD 0.49), Ukraine (USD 0.51) and Rwanda (USD 0.56) completed the top five countries offering the cheapest data packs.
Hardeep S Puri launches e-Dharti App
Housing and Urban Affairs Minister Hardeep Puri launched an e-Dharti app where all the three modules- Conversion, Substitution and Mutation related to properties have been made online.
- The public can now submit their applications online by visiting the L&DO website and are not required to visit this office for submission of them and for follow up of their applications.
- He also launched e-Dharti GeoPortal, through which the lessee of the property will be able to see the basic details of the property along with a map showing its location.
Odisha CM launches ‘Mukhya Mantri Karigar Sahayata’ scheme
- Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik launched the ‘Mukhya Mantri Karigar Sahayata’ scheme in Bhubaneswar.
- Likewise, the craftsmen above 80 years will get Rs 1000 each monthly allowance under the scheme. The nodal department of the scheme is the Directorate of handicrafts.
India signs pact with Russia on Chakra-3 attack submarine
- Amid the ongoing tension with Pakistan, India signed a $3.3 billion deal with Russia for leasing the third nuclear-powered Akula class attack submarine.
- India at the moment operates Chakra-2 whose 10-year lease ending in 2022.
All trains coming to Delhi to be on electric traction from December 2019: Piyush Goyal
- All trains coming to Delhi will be on electric traction by December 2019 said Railway Minister Piyush Goyal.
Ancient tribal language Gondi to be taught in tribal districts of MP
- In Madhya Pradesh, ancient tribal language Gondi will be taught in tribal districts.
- The rapid decline in the number of people who speak that tongue is a matter of concern. Hence, the Chief Minister stressed on the need to save it from becoming a thing of the past.
IGIA declared as ‘Best Airport’ in 2018 ASQ Awards
The Indira Gandhi International (IGI) airport in New Delhi has been adjudged as the best airport in the category of over 40 million passengers per annum (MPPA) in the Asia Pacific by Airports Council International (ACI) in the Airport Service Quality Programme for 2018.
BIAC India won the Women on a Mission award
- Brandix India Apparel City (BIAC) India’s partner Doraswamy was conferred with ‘The Women on A Mission Award’.
- The award was given to him for his contribution to the welfare of women workforce in Visakhapatnam by organizing free medical camps, cancer screening initiatives, distribution of free amenities.
Govt to issue Rs 20 coins for the first time
- The Finance Ministry has announced the rollout of a new ₹20 coin shaped like a “dodecagon”, a 12-edged polygon.