8th February 2019 Daily Current Affairs: Dear Students, Here is 8th February 2019 Daily important Current Affairs. We are providing you Today’s Important Current Affairs, which have unique updates of all daily events from all Newspapers. It helps you for SSC, Railway, State PSU & all competitive exams. Happy Reading……
India becomes the world’s 2nd largest LPG, consumer, and importer
India is now the second-largest consumer and importer of the LPG in the world.
- The number of active LPG consumers in India has grown at a compounded annual growth rate (CAGR) of 15 percent from 14.8 crores in 2014-15 to 22.4 crore in 2017-18.
- Shri Sailesh assumed the charge as secretary of Miniter Minority Affairs.
The state bank of India’s UK chief Mr.Sanjiv Chadha has been honored with the “freedom of the city of London”.
Nitin Gadkari laid the foundation of NH project
- Union Minister of Road Transport and Highways, Nitin Gadkari, laid the foundation for 5 national highway projects of 632km length in Ayodhya on Feb 8, 2019.
- “Granny Dakshayani”, India’s oldest elephant died at 88 in Kerala.
- she also awarded with the title “Gaja muthassi”.
PM laid a foundation for NH.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone for the four laning of the Falakata-salsalabari section of NH-39 D in the northern part of West Bengal on 8th February 2019.
- This 41.7km long National highway falls in the Jalpaiguri district, WB.
- It will have 3 railway over bridges,3 underpasses,2 flyovers,17 minor bridges, and 8 bridges.
5th India-Bangladesh Joint Consultative Committee Meet Held in New Delhi
- The 5th India-Bangladesh Joint Consultative Committee Meeting was held in New Delhi.
India Pavilion Inaugurated At 69th Berlin International Film Festival
- The India Pavilion at the Berlin International Film Festival (Berlinale) 2019 was inaugurated by Mr. Matthijis Wouter Knol, Director of European Film Market (EFM).
- Ministry of I&B, in collaboration with the Confederation of Indian Industry, is participating in the berlin International Film Festival being held from 7th – 17th February 2019 at Berlin, Germany.
GHMC initiates Pink Toilet for women in Hyderabad
Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC) integrated Pink toilets named “She Mart and Loo’s” in order to provide women with safe and hygienic toilets.
- Under this public baby feeding rooms are also being launched in the “She Mart and Loo’s”. The She Mart store will stock eco-friendly, recycled and upscale products manufactured by self-help groups. They also have CCTV cameras to ensure safety.
Thailand names Siamese fighting fish its national aquatic animal
- The government of Thailand has approved the proposal to name Siamese fighting fish as the National Aquatic Animal.
- The decision for based on the recommendation of the National Identity Committee of Thailand which promotes Thai cultural pride forwarded its endorsement of the fighting fish.
- UNESCO organized Second Edition of the India Heritage Walk in partnership with Sahapedia
- Sahapedia in partnership with UNESCO organized the second edition of India Heritage Walk Festival (IHWF) 2019.