Dear Students, Here are 6th March 2019 Daily Current Affairs. we are providing you Today’s Important Current Affairs, which have unique updates of all daily events from all newspapers. It helps you for SSC, Railway, State PSU & all competitive exams. Happy Reading……
P Venkata Ramesh Babu as the Director General of the National Archives of India
- Central Government has appointed IAS officer P Venkata Ramesh Babu as the Director General of the National Archives of India. Ramesh Babu, Chairman and Managing Director of Rural Electrification Corporation Limited, is a 1985 batch IAS officer.
- Earlier, he has also served as the Principal Secretary, Department of Finance in Andhra Pradesh government. The National Archives of India functions under the Ministry of Culture.
Kylie Jenner becomes world’s youngest self-made billionaire
- Kylie Jenner was named the youngest self-made billionaire of all time by Forbes magazine.
- Forbes said she was both the world’s youngest billionaire and also the youngest self-made billionaire ever.
- The richest person in the world remained Amazon Chief Executive Officer Jeff Bezos, whose net worth increased to $131 billion from $112 billion in 2018.
- Microsoft Corp co-founder Bill Gates remained in the No. 2 position while Facebook founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg dropped three places to No. 8.
Vedanta has appointed Ajay Kapur as the CEO of its aluminium and power business
· Vedanta has appointed Ajay Kapur as the Chief Executive Officer of its aluminium and power business. He joins Vedanta from Ambuja Cements where he was the MD and CEO for its India business.
A bilateral joint exercise between India and Oman, Al Nagah 2019
- The 3rd edition of the bilateral joint exercise between India and Oman, Al Nagah 2019 will begin from 12th of this month at Jabel Al Akhdar Mountains in Oman. To enhance interoperability in counter terrorist operations in semi urban mountainous terrain.
Japanese architect Arata Isozaki wins Pritzker Prize
- Japanese architect Arata Isozaki has received this year’s Pritzker Prize, widely considered to be the profession’s highest honour.
- Isozaki will be awarded the prize of $100,000 in May at a ceremony at the Chateau de Versailles in France.
Indore bags Swachh Survekhshan Award 2019 for being the cleanest city
- Indore in Madhya Pradesh bagged the title of India’s cleanest city in the central government’s cleanliness survey for the third consecutive year.
- These cleanliness awards are given by the Union Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs President Ram Nath Kovind presented Swachh Survekhshan-2019 Awards in New Delhi. Swachh Survekshan 2019 covered all Urban Local Bodies in the country, making it the largest such cleanliness survey in the world.
- New Delhi Municipal Council area gets cleanest small city award.
- Uttarakhand’s Gauchar was adjudged Best Ganga Town.
Rajnath Singh inaugurates smart fencing project in Assam
Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh inaugurated the BOLD-QIT (Border Electronically Dominated QRT Interception Technique) under Comprehensive Integrated Border Management System (CIBMS) on Indo-Bangladesh border in Dhubri district of Assam.
- With CIBMS project, MHA aims to improve the capability of BSF in detecting and controlling the cross border crimes like illegal infiltration, smuggling of contraband goods, human trafficking and cross border terrorism.
‘Azaadi Ke Diwane’ museum inaugurated at Red Fort
- The ‘Azaadi ke Diwane’ museum dedicated to the unsung heroes of the country’s freedom struggle was inaugurated at the Red Fort premises.
- The Museum is built by the Archaeological Survey of India (ASI).
India has seven of the world’s 10 cities with worst air pollution
- A new study now finds that India accounts for seven of the world’s 10 cities with the worst air pollution.
Rs 14,467 cr jewellery park to come up in Navi Mumbai
- An ultra-modern and high-tech gems and jewellery park will be developed at a cost of Rs 14,467 crore on a 21-acre complex in Navi Mumbai.
- Union Commerce Minister Suresh Prabhu and Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis laid the foundation stone of the proposed India Jewellery Park (IJP) in the presence of Industry Minister Subhash Desai and Gem & Jewellery Export Promotion Council (GJEPC) Chairman P.K. Agarwal.
Aircraft spares production hub to come up in Konkan:
- Civil Aviation Minister Suresh Prabhu announced that an aircraft components manufacturing hub would be set up in Maharashtra’s coastal Konkan region and would boost employment opportunities for the local youth.
Bharat Electronics launches SWAGAT- Automatic Fare Collection Gating System
- SWAGAT is an initiative steered by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) in collaboration with BEL and Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (CDAC) with the support of Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC), National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI) and State Bank of India (SBI).
Mumbai world’s 16th most costly prime residential market: Report
- Mumbai, the financial capital of the country, is the 16th most expensive prime residential market in the world, a Knight Frank report.
- Delhi (55th) and Bengaluru (56th) fared better than Mumbai with a 1.4 per cent and 1.1 per cent price appreciation, respectively, according to the Knight Frank Prime International Residential Index.
2019 All England Open
- One of the most prestigious badminton tournaments of the world, The 2019 All England Open, officially YONEX All England Open Badminton Championships 2019 began today at Arena Birmingham (England).
- India is being represented by Srikanth Kidambi (Men’s singles), Ashwini Ponappa and N. Sikki Reddy (Women’s doubles).
- Total prize money : US$1,000,000.