Dear Students, Here are important Current Affairs 2019, 6th June. We are providing you Important Current Affairs, which have unique updates of all daily events from all newspapers. It helps aspirants for SSC, Railway, State PSU & all competitive exams. Happy Reading……
Maharana Pratap Jayanti observed on 6th June
Maharana Pratap Jayanti is observed on 6th June to commemorate the birth anniversary of the brave Rajput warrior Maharana Pratap. It was his 479th birth anniversary.
while tightening the string of a bow with an arrow, He died of an injury from the hunting accident.
Current Affairs 2019: APPOINTMENTS
Mrutyunjay Mohapatra appointed the chief of India Meteorological Department
- scientist Mrutyunjay Mohapatra was appointed as the chief of the India Meteorological Department (IMD).
- Mohapatra, who is Scientist ‘G’ in the IMD, has been appointed as Director-General of Meteorology, IMD, for a period of five years. He will take charge of the post on or after August 1, 2019, the order said.
Wipro announced Rishad Premji as Executive Chairman of the company
- Wipro, a leading IT, consulting and business process services company, today announced Rishad Premji, Chief Strategy Officer and Member of the Board, will take over as the Executive Chairman of the company.
- founder of Wipro Limited Azim Premji, will retire as Executive Chairman on July 30, 2019 after having led the company for 53 years.
Pramila Jayapal first Indian-American woman to preside over US House
- Pramila Jayapal first Indian American woman to preside over US house.
- She is the first elected to Congress in 2016 preside over the House and served the most diverse Congress in the nation’s history.
- She presided over the House as a Temporary Speaker.
- The House Democrats rotate for the ceremonial position of presiding over the chamber.
- She became the first South Asian American woman to preside over the US House of Representatives.
- A record number of 17 Asian Americans serve in Congress with 14 in the House and three in the Senate house.
Current Affairs 2019: NATIONAL/INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- Mumbai had the worst traffic congestion in 2018, an analysis of 403 cities across 56 countries on six continents in ‘Traffic Index-2018’, compiled by location technology specialist TomTom, has found.
- Mumbai was followed by Colombia’s Bogota, Peru’s Lima and Delhi in traffic congestion.
The “Kharga Prahar”, a major training exercise conducted by the Indian Army in Punjab was recently concluded.
An Army exercise “Kharga Prahar”, was successful in validating many important operational aspects and brought out valuable lessons as also reinforced a high degree of operational preparedness of the Kharga Corps.
Social networking giant Facebook has announced its 1st interactive game show, titled “Confetti” in India.
- Game show, “Confetti” will Starting from June 12, from Wednesday to Sunday on Facebook’s dedicated video platform – Facebook Watch, the company said in a statement.
- Is was First launched in the US, the interactive game will challenge participants to answer pop culture trivia questions for a chance to win Rs 3 lakh as cash prize everyday.
Razorpay launches digital payment support for 100 currencies
- Razorpay company India’s first converged payments solution company, announced that it now supports 100 currencies for international digital payments – including all popular currencies such as U.S. Dollar (USD), European Dollar (EUR), British Pound (GBP), Arab Emirates Dirham (AED) and Singapore Dollar (SGD).
- With this offering, the company aims to open new growth avenues for the MSME segment, by enabling them to accept payments from other countries.
first private moon lander America will be engineered in India
- The first US private lunar lander in the 21st century will be designed in India, the result of NASA’s new willingness to outsource production of its space vehicles.
- It will spend more than $250 million hiring private companies to transport scientific missions to the moon.
- These operated privately missions, part of the US space agency’s broader rush back to the moon, are designed to gather data about the lunar surface and pilot technologies for landing robotic explorers.
Village Bancha, the first solar kitchen village in India
- Village Bancha in Betul district, Madhya Pradesh is the first village in India to have zero wooden stoves and almost no use for LPG cylinders with all its 75 houses on solar-powered stoves to meet their cooking needs
Campaign ‘SelfiewithSapling’ launched on the eve of Environment day
- Prakash Javadekar Environment Minister launched a people’s campaign Selfie with Sapling urging all to join and plant a sapling and post the selfie with the sapling on social media.
Gujarat first to launch emissions trading
- Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani on the World Environment Day launched the country’s first emissions trading scheme (ETS) to encourage and incentivize the industrial units to cut air pollution.
- Under the scheme, the government will fix a cap on emissions as advised by the Gujarat Pollution Control Board and then allow industries to buy and sell permits to maintain their emissions below the cap.
Russia launched first Arctic train service
- Russia’s a tourist train traveling through Russia’s Arctic region to Norway set off from Saint Petersburg station with 91 passengers aboard for the inaugural trial journey launched by Russia it’s first ever.
- This Artic train’s name is “Zarengold”.The duration of the trip will be 11 days.
- The inaugural function consists of 91 tourists from seven countries including the US, Germany, Norway, and Russia.
Currency: Russian Ruble
President: Vladimir Putin
Government start scheme Nal se Jal
- Government start scheme Nal se Jal focus to the allied issue of water after the country-wide sanitation drive with the Swachh Bharat Mission comes to an end on October 2, 2019.
- It will be carried out by the Ministry of Jal Shakti.
- The idea of inter-linking rivers across the country was proposed by the late Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee in order to ease the irrigation and drinking water crisis.
- The scheme ‘Nal se Jal’ will be a component of the government’s Jal Jivan Mission. The Ministry plans to provide piped water connections to every household in India by 2024.
- The ministry will also look at conservation of surface and groundwater and inter-linking rivers across the country.
Rihanna as the worlds richest female musician
- Rihanna as the world’s richest female musician according to Forbes magazine.
- Forbes reported that the French luxury brand LVMH backs Rihanna’s lucrative cosmetics company, Fenty Beauty. Fenty beauty was launched in 2017.
- It is worth more than £3bn, from which Rihanna has earned $570m.
- In 2012, Rihanna founded the Clara Lionel Foundation. The trust supports health and education efforts in impoverished communities around the world. Harvard University, in February 2017, she was named humanitarian of the year.
Current Affairs 2019: SPORTS
India opened their 2019 World Cup campaign with a 6-wicket victory over South Africa yesterday.
- This is the 1st time South Africa have lost each of their first three matches in a World Cup.
- Former India captain MS Dhoni sported regimental dagger insignia of the Indian Para Special Forces, also known as the ‘balidaan’ (sacrifice) badge on his wicketkeeping gloves during the match.
- Virat Kohli registered his 50th ODI victory as captain after leading India to a six-wicket victory against South Africa in the match.
Finance Minister Prakash of Uttarakhand Pant dies in the US
- Finance Minister Prakash Pant of Uttarakhand passed away in the US, where he was undergoing treatment for a lung ailment.
- After the state’s finance minister’s death, 3 days of state mourning has been declared in Uttarakhand.