6th February 2019 Daily Current Affairs: Dear Students, Here is 6th February 2019 Daily important Current Affairs. We are providing you Today’s Important Current Affairs, which have unique updates of all daily events from all newspapers. It helps you for SSC, Railway, State PSU & all competitive exams. Happy Reading……
6th February – International Day of Zero Tolerance for Female Genital Mutilation.
- International Day of Zero Tolerance to Female Genital Mutilation 2019 was celebrated on 6th February to eradicate female genital mutilation. It was first introduced in 2003.
- This day is observed to make the world aware of female genital mutilation (also called FGM) and to promote its eradication.
Gadkari to lay the foundation of highway projects
- Road Transport and Highways Minister Nitin Gadkari will today lay the foundation stone for three highway projects in Odisha.
- The projects will ensure better connectivity of the mineral-rich Angul and Dhenkanal districts of Odisha with the rest of the state.
- The President of United States, Donald Trump has confirmed that he’ll hold his 2nd summit with North Korean leader Kim Jong-un in Vietnam during 27th & 28th February 2019.
- India and New Zealand held 2nd Foreign office consultations in New Delhi.
- A disaster relief exercise titled ‘Exercise Rahat’ will be demonstrated in Jaipur, Kota, and Alwar in Rajasthan on Feb 11-12.
- Jaipur based Sapta Shakti Command will conduct the Joint Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief Exercise on behalf of the Indian Army.
- The Facebook Messenger has globally rolled out “Remove for everyone” feature to delete messages within 10 minutes of sending.
- US President Donald Trump is going to pick senior Treasury official David Malpass as the US nominee to lead the World Bank.
- World Bank’s former President Jim Yong Kim stepped down on February 1 to join private equity firm Global Infrastructure Partners.
Sangeet Natak Akademi Awards 2017
- President Ram Nath Kovind gave away the prestigious Sangeet Natak Akademi Awards 2017 at Rashtrapati Bhawan.
- The award carries a cash prize of one lakh rupees, a Tamrapatra and Angavastram.
- 42 artists from the fields including Music, Dance, Theatre, Traditional, Folk, and Tribal music were awarded.
- The Chairman of Wipro Ltd, Azim Premji, will be felicitated with the Ernst & Young (EY) Lifetime Achievement Award.
- The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has confirmed Sarfaraz Ahmed will remain Pakistan’s captain till World Cup 2019, which will be staged in England and Wales from May 30 to July 14.