5th March 2019 Daily Current Affairs: Dear Students, Here is 5th March 2019 Daily important Current Affairs. We are providing you Today’s Important Current Affairs, which have unique updates of all daily events from all newspapers. It helps you for SSC, Railway, State PSU & all competitive exams. Happy Reading……
Randhir Singh appointed coordination committee chairman of 2022 Asian Games
- Veteran Indian sports administrator Randhir Singh has been appointed as the chairman of the Coordination Committee of the 2022 Hangzhou Asian Games by the General Assembly of the Olympic Council of Asia (OCA).
- The 72-year-old Randhir, a five-time Olympian shooter, is currently an Honorary Life Vice-President of the OCA.
Sheikh Ahmad re-elected as President of Olympic Council of Asia
- Sheikh Ahmad Al-Fahad Al-Sabah has been re-elected president of the Olympic Council of Asia (OCA) for an 8th term despite being embroiled in a forgery case brought by Swiss investigators.
Sanjeev Ranjan to be designated as Secretary at MoRTH
Senior IAS officer Sanjeev Ranjan has been designated as secretary of Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH). Nagendra Nath Sinha, who is a managing director in National Highways and Infrastructure Development Corporation will replace Sanjeev Ranjan as the new NHAI chief.
Modi launches ‘One Nation, One Card’
Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the “One Nation, One Card” programme to ensure seamless travel across the country. The card can be used for payments across different segments, including Metro, bus, suburban railways, toll, parking and retail purchases.
GSI sets up 22 GPS stations across the country
- The GSI has taken a stride to establish and maintain a network of continuously operating35 permanent GPS stations in a phased manner.
- These stations are meant to delineate high strain zones for earthquake probability, determine a seismic motion on faults that may lead to a rupture and produce thematic maps with high positional accuracy.
ISRO unveils ‘Young Scientist’ programme to train students in space science
- State-run Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO)announced the launch of its Young Scientist programme to train class 9 students in space technology and its applications.
- ISRO has launched the special programme for school children‘Yuva Vigyani Karyakram’ (Young Scientist programme) to impart basic knowledge on space technology, space science and applications to the young ones to arouse their interest in space activities.
Tripura announces ‘Notun Disha’ to assess academic level of school students
- In a bid to improve the educational status of Tripura, the state government announced‘Notun Disha’ (New Direction), an initiative aimed at assessing the academic level of students between class III-VIII.
- Notun Disha is aimed at making all students efficient and capable in all subjects. It is necessary to know the current educational level of students to fulfil this objective.
Historic Guinness World Record in Yoga Made in Hong Kong
- Taking the Yoga Day initiative of Prime Minister Narendra Modi to the next level, the Overseas President of BJP for Hong Kong & China, Sohan Goenka conducted a Japan Auction House Guinness World Record in Yoga.
Cricket is included in the sports programme for the 2022 Asian Games to be held in Hangzhou, China.
- Cricket is included in the sports programme for the 2022 Asian Games to be held in Hangzhou, China. The decision was reportedly taken at the Olympic Council of Asia’s (OCA) General Assembly.
Global Consumer Confidence Survey topped by India
- South Korea has the most pessimistic consumer who is worried about rising inflation, lower wage growth, unemployment, a weak stock market and global trade uncertainties in the world.
Punia won a gold medal in an International wrestling tournament in Bulgaria
India’s star wrestler Bajrang Punia won a gold medal in the 65kg freestyle final at the Dan Kolov-Nikola Petrov International wrestling tournament in Ruse, Bulgaria.
Centre banned Jamaat e Islami of Jammu and Kashmir for 5 years
· The Ministry of Home Affairs has banned the Jamaat-e-lslami of Jammu and Kashmir for a period of 5 years under the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act.
· The Organisation has been indulging in activities, which are prejudicial to internal security and public order and have the potential of disrupting the unity and integrity of the Country.
· The decision of banning the outfit was taken to avoid escalation of the secessionist movement in J&K.
- The Karnataka State Action Plan on Climate Change, prepared by Environmental Management and Policy Research Institute and The Energy and Resources Institute has classified flower ‘Flame Lily’ as an endangered species in Karnataka.
- The flower, scientifically called Gloriosa superba, is Tamil Nadu’s state flower.
Abhinandan Varthaman is to be awarded the first Bhagwan Mahavir Ahimsa Puraskar
- The award carries a cash prize of Rs.2.51 lakh, a memento, and a citation. It will be presented to Abhinandan Varthaman on April 17 the Mahavir Jayanti. Abhinandan Varthaman, a wing-commander in the Indian Air Force shot into limelight in the ongoing bilateral tensions between Indian and Pakistan aftermath of the Pulwama terror attack.
Indian Bank receives Best Bank Award
Public sector Indian Bank has bagged the Best Bank Award from the Tamil Nadu government for meeting the needs of women’s self-help groups (SHGs).
- At a function in Salem recently, Chief Minister of the state K Palaniswami handed over the award to the executive director of the bank M K Bhattacharya.
TVS Motor wins international sustainability award
- TVS Motor Company recently bagged the ‘Green Era Award for Sustainability’ at Lisbon in Portugal. The two-wheeler and three-wheeler manufacturer also won the ‘Quality and Business Excellence Award’ for its endeavour to create new benchmarks in product quality.
- Veteran Marathi poet and writer Vasant Abaji Dahake has been honoured with the prestigious ‘Janasthan’ award.
- The award has been instituted by Kusumagraj Pratishthan. It was presented to Dahake by noted Marathi writer Madhu Mangesh Karnik at Kalidas Kala.
Iconic ‘90210’ actor Luke Perry passes away at 52
- In 1990, Perry became a household name for his role as Dylan McKay on the teen drama ‘Beverly Hills, 90210’.
Former New Zealand Cricketer Bill Playle Passes Away
Former New Zealand batsman Bill Playle passed away in New South Wales, Australia at the age of 80. Born 1 December 1938 in Manawatu,