5th June Important Current Affairs 2019
Dear Students, Here are important Current Affairs 2019, 5th June. We are providing you Important Current Affairs, which have unique updates of all daily events from all newspapers. It helps aspirants for SSC, Railway, State PSU & all competitive exams. Happy Reading……
5th June: World Environment Day
- 5th June observed as World Environment Day (WED) every year for encouraging awareness and action for the protection of our environment.
- Theme for the World Environment Day 2019 : ‘Beat Air Pollution’.
- This day was established by the United Nations General Assembly in the year 1972 on the day that United Nations Conference on the Human Environment began.
This year’s host country : China
Last year’s host country : India
The Fight Against Illegal, Unreported And Unregulated Fishing
- The Fight against Illegal, Unreported and Unregulated Fishing International Day is organized every year on 5th June.
- According to the United Nation Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) illegal, unreported and unregulated fishing activities are responsible for the loss of 11–26 million tonnes of fish each year, which is estimated to have an economic value of US$10–23 billion.
Current Affairs 2019: APPOINTMENTS
- Democratic lawmaker Pramila Jayapal has become the 1st South Asian American woman to preside over the House of Representatives.
- Born in Chennai, 53-year-old Pramila went to pursue her studies in the US when she was 16 years old.
Former Chief Secretary Ajeya Kallam was appointed as the Principal advisor to Andhra Pradesh CM
- Former Chief Secretary Ajeya Kallam was appointed as the Principal advisor to Andhra Pradesh CM .
- He will be in the position for 3 years, with a monthly salary of ₹2.5 lakh.
Tijjani Muhammad-Bande elected as President of the 74th session of the UN General Assembly.
- Nigeria’s Ambassador to the United Nations Tijjani Muhammad-Bande was elected as President of the 74th session of the UN General Assembly.
- The 193-member UNGA elected Muhammad-Bande, who had been nominated by Nigeria and endorsed by the African group, at the election by acclamation.
VP Sivakolundhu elected as Puducherry Assembly Speaker
- Deputy Speaker VP Sivakolundhu was elected as the new Speaker of the Puducherry Assembly.
- The Congress leader, Sivakolundhu, was the sole contender for the Speaker’s post.
RBI approved the appointment of Rakesh Makhija as chairman of Axis Bank
- The board of the Axis bank had approved appointment of Rakesh Makhija as chairman subject to RBI clearance.
- Rakesh Makhija, independent director was appointed as the non-executive (part-time) chairman of the bank, for a period of 3 years, with effect from July 18, 2019, up to July 17, 2022.
- Rakesh Makhija has held a number of top management positions within the SKF Group.
Current Affairs 2019: NATIONAL/INTERNATIONAL NEWS
High Court declared all animals in Haryana to be ‘legal persons’
The High Court has issued the status of “legal person or entity” to all animals in Haryana, granting them the “corresponding rights, duties and liabilities of a living person”.
It has issued 29 animal-welfare oriented directions. This includes
- A ban in using animals to pull vehicles in extreme weather,
- limits on loads and the number of people that animals are made to carry,
- limits on the distances that an animal is made to walk at a stretch,
- Instructions on how to tether an animal to the vehicle it is made to pull and a ban on the use of spike sticks,
- Harness and other sharp instruments to avoid injuring the animal.
‘Secnd Global Disability Summit’ will Be Held In Buenos Aires, Argentina
- “second Global Disability Summit”will be held in Buenos Aires, Argentina. The Indian delegation will be headed by Union Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment Thaawarchand Gehlot to deliberate on issues across the world concerning empowerment and inclusion of Persons with Disabilities (PwDs) and to work out a mechanism for enabling them to live an independent and dignified life.
- The ‘First Global Disability Summit’ was held in London ( July 2018).
Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman To Attend G20 Meeting In Japan
- Finance Minister of India Nirmala Sitharaman will attend the two-day meeting of G-20 Finance Ministers and central bank governors in Japan.
- Shaktikanta Das Governor of RBI is also likely to attend the meeting at Fukuoka in Japan.
- G20 summit in November 2020 will host in Saudi Arabia.
An educational programme ‘Digital Sakhi’ launched in Tamil Nadu
- ‘Digital Sakhi’, an educational programme aimed at digital financial inclusion of rural women, was launched in two villages of Villupuram district in Tamil Nadu.
- with Sri Aurobindo Society ,LTFS in association will train and develop a team of 100 rural women (Digital Sakhis) as digital enablers, who in turn, will train about 40,000 others in using digital modes of payments.
App to locate yoga centres, instructors launched AYUSH Ministry
- Ahead of the International Yoga Day on June 21, the AYUSH ministry has launched a mobile application to enable people locate yoga events and centres providing training. The users will also be able to look for certified yoga instructors.
- ‘yoga locator’- a map-based location app – will also enable yoga instructors to register themselves and reach out to a maximum number of people.
India’s first project to receive power from waste-to-energy plant: Delhi Metro .
- DMRC has become the first ever project in the country to receive power generated from a waste-to-energy plant.
- DMRC has started receiving 2 MW power from a 12 MW capacity waste-to-energy plant set up in Ghazipur.
Mumbai traffic worst among world’s 403 cities, Delhi ranks 4th: Study
- Mumbai had the worst traffic congestion in 2018, an analysis of 403 cities across 56 countries on six continents in ‘Traffic Index-2018’, compiled by location technology specialist TomTom, has found.
- It was followed by Colombia’s Bogota, Peru’s Lima and Delhi in traffic congestion. It added that the best time to drive in Mumbai was between 2 AM to 5 AM.
AWARDS & HONORS
Sunder Pichai, Nasdaq’s Friedman To Receive 2019 Global Leadership Award
- Google’s CEO Sundar Pichai and Adena T. Friedman president and CEO of Nasdaq have been chosen for the prestigious Global Leadership Awards 2019 by by Washington-based US-India Business Council (USIBC) for companies play a major role in catalysing growth in the US-India commercial corridor.
Malayalam Actor Sheela J.C. Honoured With J.C. Daniel Award
- Malayalam Actor Sheela J.C. has won the J.C. Daniel Award, the highest honour in Malayalam cinema.
- She won the State and National Awards for the Second Best Female Actor for Akale and after Aranmula Ponnamma in 2005 She is only the 2nd woman to get it.
Current Affairs 2019: SPORTS
Jr. women’s hockey team of Indian clinch Cantor Fitzgerald U21
- women’s hockey team of Indian clinched the Cantor Fitzgerald U21 International 4-Nations title after beating Ireland 1-0 in the final at Dublin, Ireland With 4 goals in 4 games.
Book “Cricket World Cup: The Indian Challenge” On World Cup by Ashis Ray Launched
- Book “Cricket World Cup: The Indian Challenge” on the history of the tournament from an Indian perspective by most active cricket broadcaster and writer Ashis Ray .
- It reviews all World Cup tournaments from year 1975 to 2015 as well as previews ongoing 2019 World Cup in England and Wale. It is published by Bloomsbury.
Sidharth Rawat Wins ITF Men’s Futures Tennis Title
- Third seed Sidharth Rawat defeated Rio Noguchi of Japan to clinch his maiden title in the $25,000 ITF men’s Futures tennis tournament. The tournament was held in Thailand.
B M Khaitan a Industrialist and doyen of tea industry passes away at 92
- Veteran industrialist and Williamson Magor Group (WMG) patriarch Brij Mohan Khaitan passed away due to old age. He was 92 years old.
- Considered a doyen of the tea industry in independent India, Khaitan is survived by his younger son, Aditya and daughter Divya Jalan.
Theatre Actor and Comedian Dinyar Contractor Passes Away
- Theatre Actor and Comedian, Dinyar Contractor passed away aged 79.
- He act in Bollywood films ‘Khiladi’ and ‘Baadshah’, along with television shows like ‘Khichdi’ and ‘Hum Sab Ek Hain’, He awarded the Padma Shri in January 2019.