Dear Students Here is 4th March 2019 Daily Current Affairs. we are providing you Today’s Important Current Affairs, which have unique updates of all daily events from all newspapers. It helps you for SSC, Railway, State PSU & all competitive exams. Happy Reading……
National Safety Day: March 4th observed as National Safety Day every year.
National Safety Week :
Themes of National Safety Day / Week 2019: Cultivate and Sustain A Safety Culture for Building Nation.
‘April 2019-March 2020’ as Construction-Technology year
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi declared ‘April 2019-March 2020’ as Construction-Technology year and stressed on use of advanced technology to meet the increasing demand for housing in the country caused by rapid urbanization.
- He also sought the support of the private sector in fulfilling the government’s mission of providing brick house to every Indian by 2022.
- The declaration of Construction year aims to give the housing sector a new pace by using the latest technologies available in the world.
AN Jha replaces Shaktikanta Das as 15th Finance Commission Member
- Jha had also served as the secretary to the 14th Finance Commission which was headed by former RBI Governor Y V Reddy.s
PK Bezbaruah as the Chairman of Tea Board for a second tenure
The Ministry of Commerce and Industries has approved the re-appointment of P K Bezbaruah as the Chairman of Tea Board for a second tenure. He was the first non-IAS chairman of the Tea Board.
Macky Sall elected as Senegal’s President for the second term
Senegalese President Macky Sall has won re-election without the need for a second round of voting, giving him five more years in office. Sall, the incumbent president ultimately received 58.27 percent of the vote.
- Senegal has long been a democratic example in West Africa where coups and clinging to the power used to be all too common.
President: Macky Sall
Prime Minister: Mohammed Dionne
Kumbh enters Guinness Book of World Records
- Around 503 shuttle buses were pressed into service on the highway in one go for the team on February 28. Several people participated in a painting exercise on March 1 and 10,000 workers engaged in cleaning at the Kumbh, all performing their duties together.
PM Modi inaugurates ordnance factory in Amethi
Indo-Russia Rifles Ltd. plant at Ordnance Factory Board (OFB) Korwa in Amethi inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. 7, 50,000 units of AK-103 assault rifles, the third generation of AK-47, will be produced at the OFB facility in UP.
The production of the assault rifles under the joint venture between Russia’s Kalashnikov Concern and OFB will be the biggest ever.
HRD Ministry launches Rs 250 Crore scheme ‘STARS’ to fund Science Projects
- The project will be coordinated by the Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore.
- Uber, under its Uber CAREinitiative for driver and delivery partners, will facilitate the setting up of common service centers (CSC’s) at Partners Seva Kendras across India.
Assam’s Hailakandi top aspirational district: Niti Aayog study
Assam’s Hailakandi district has shot up to number one from the 52nd position, among the aspirational districts of the country, a new report released by the Niti Aayog said.
- Aspirational district Hailakandi will be given an additional allocation of Rs 10 crore for securing the first rank.
Himachal to set up 100 trout farms
Himachal Pradesh will develop 100 trout farms for the production of carp fish this year. It will provide employment to over 550 people. The government plans to set up two trout hatcheries under the public-private partnership (PPP) initiative to provide seeds.
- Three retail outlets, one each in Kangra, Chamba and Shimla district, will be established to ensure appropriate marketing support to the trout production.
CISF sets Guinness Record for Longest Single Line Cycle Parade
The Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) created the Guinness World Record for ‘longest single line bicycle parade (moving)’ at the Yamuna Expressway, Noida. CISF personnel rode 1,327 bicycles non-stop in a single line, maintaining a uniform distance between the bicycles.
- The record was earlier held by Hubballi Bicycle Club of India, with 1,235 bicycles in a single chain.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi chairs National Security Council meeting
- The Official sources said the meeting was attended by Home Minister Rajnath Singh, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley, External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj and Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman.
- The NSA is tasked with advising the prime minister on matters of national security. It was set up by the Atal Bihari Vajpayee government in 1998, with Brajesh Mishra as the first National Security Advisor (NSA)
ICC rejected BCCIs plan to isolate Pakistan from nations that support terrorism
- International Cricket Council (ICC) rejected the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) appeal to isolate Pakistan from the list of nations that supports terrorism. The announcement was made at the ICC board meeting in Dubai. The BCCI had made the appeal following the Pulwama terror attack, which left 40 CRPF personnel dead on February 14.
SpaceX successfully launcheda new astronaut capsule to ISS
- SpaceX successfully launched a new astronaut capsule on a week-long round trip to the International Space Station (ISS). It is a key step towards resuming manned space flights from U.S. soil after an eight-year break.
- The new capsule blasted off aboard the Falcon 9 rocket built by SpaceX from the Kennedy Space Center, Florida, lighting up the coastline.
India tops the Global Consumer Confidence Survey
- South Korea has the most pessimistic consumers in the world. Meanwhile, the Global Consumer Confidence Index increased one point to 107 in the fourth quarter of 2018, the highest in 14 years.
IDBI Bank gets govt nod to handle import, export transactions with Iran
The IDBI Bank has received government nod to handle import and export transactions with Iran, a move which would help in promoting two-way trade amid US sanctions on the Persian Gulf nation. US President Donald Trump had in May last year withdrawn from the 2015 nuclear accord with Iran, re-imposing economic sanctions against the Persian Gulf nation.
- IDBI Bank has been identified to route the payments. UCO Bank had in the previous round of sanctions handled rupee payments.
Former Deputy Prime Minister of Nepal Bharat Mohan Adhikari passes away
Former Deputy Prime Minister and senior Communist leader of Nepal, Bharat Mohan Adhikari, has passed away. He was 83. A three-time minister, Mr. Adhikari also led the Ministry of Labour and Transport Management and Ministry of Law, Justice and Parliamentary Affair once each.
- He is remembered for his first stint as finance minister in the first Communist-led government in 1995 led by Man Mohan Adhikari, his elder brother.