Dear Students, Here are 3rd March 2019 Daily Current Affairs. we are providing you Today’s Important Current Affairs, which have unique updates of all daily events from all newspapers. It helps you for SSC, Railway, State PSU & all competitive exams. Happy Reading……
World Hearing Day
World Hearing Day is observed on 3rd March every year. World Hearing Day is a campaign held each year by the Office of Prevention of Blindness and Deafness of the World Health Organization (WHO).
- The campaign’s objective is to share information and promote actions towards the prevention of hearing loss and improved hearing care.
- The theme of the campaign for 2019 is “Check your hearing”.
World Wildlife Day
- United Nations World Wildlife Day is celebrated on 3rd March every year.
- The theme of the day is- ‘Life below water: for people and planet’.
- Former Chief Justice of Gauhati HC Ajit Singh appointed as first Lokayukta of Odisha.
- Bhagwan Lal Sahni has been appointed as the Chairman of the National Commission for Backward Classes.
- Indian American Medha Narvekar has been appointed as the Vice President and Secretary of the University of Pennsylvania.
- Ravneet Gill is appointed as MD and CEO of Yes Bank.
Ravneet Gill, Former India chief of Deutsche Bank, took charge as the Managing Director (MD) and chief executive officer of Yes Bank. He will have a three-year term.
7th RCEP inter-sessional ministerial meeting held in Cambodia
- Commerce ministers of Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP)countries including India and China held a crucial meeting in Cambodia.
Delhi Cabinet approved the reimbursement cost of fitting hydraulic lifts in CNG buses
- The Delhi Cabinet approved the reimbursement cost of fitting hydraulic lifts in 1,000 standard-floor Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) buses that are going to be procured.
- It is directed by both Supreme Court and Delhi High Court. The government has made a commitment before the Supreme Court that it will bear the cost of installation of lifts in 1,000 standard-floor buses.
Swine Flu cases have increased in Gujarat
Swine Flu in Gujarat has become an epidemic as almost 100 new cases are reported from across the state per day. So far, 3000 cases and 99 deaths in two months has been reported.
Doordarshan launches Rock The Night, a program for rock music
- Doordarshan today launched Rock The Night, a brand new program for rock music. This program will air at DD National from 5th of March.
- The show is dedicated to the soldiers who keep the nation safe. He also expressed his love for artists like Cliff Richards, The Bee Gees, and Smokie. The crept in the Indian indie rock bands.
IIT (BHU) scientist discovered tadpole-like jets on Sun
- Scientists led by IIT (BHU) researcher Abhishek Srivastava have discovered tadpole-shaped jets coming out of regions with intense magnetic fields on the Sun.
- Formally called pseudo-shocks, the “tadpoles” are made entirely of plasma, which accounts for an estimated 99% of the observable universe. It could help understand why corona (Sun’s upper atmosphere) is over 200 times hotter than its surface.
Every poor household in Tripura will have LPG connection in 2019: Dharmendra Pradhan
- ONGC Tripura has recorded its highest ever production at 96 MMSCMD (Million Metric Standard Cubic Meter Per Day). The ONCG will fulfill all the energy requirement of the state with regard to power plants, domestic industries, transportation, and domestic fuel.
IIT-Delhi scientists create ‘DotBook’, India’s first Braille laptop for visually-impaired
- The alumnus and researchers at the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Delhihave created a laptop for visually-impaired.
- Instead of a screen, the laptop displays embossed text in Braille through a touchpad. Users get to feel everything a website has by touching the pad.
Roger Federer wins his 100th tour title
- The 37-year-old is just the second player to accomplish this feat, joining Jimmy Connors who has tour-level title 109 times.
Wrestler Bajrang Punia wins gold in Bulgaria
- India’s star wrestler Bajrang Puniahas won a gold medal in 65-kilogram freestyle in Bulgaria. The tournament, Dan Kolov-Nikola Petrov was held in Ruse, Bulgaria.
Pooja Dhanda wins gold in Bulgaria
- Indian wrestler Pooja Dhandaclaimed gold in the 59kg category in Dan Kolov-Nikola Petrov tournament held in Ruse, Bulgaria.
Sanath Jayasuriya banned for 2 years after ICC anti-corruption probe
- The former Sri Lanka captain Sanath Jayasuriya has been banned for two years from all cricket-related activity by the ICC’s anti-corruption unit.
- He was punished for refusing to co-operate with investigations concerning corruption in the country
Tripura’s tribal musician Thanga awarded first AB Vajpayee Life Time Achievement Award
- Tripura’s Thanga Darlong, the last tribal musician to play Rosema bamboo made a flute-like musical instrument, was conferred the Atal Behari Vajpayee Life Time Award during the 37th Agartala Book Fair in Agartala.
- In January, the 99-year old tribal musician and music guru was conferred with the prestigious Padma Shri award for his contribution to the field of music.
Vice President M. Venkaiah Naidu will embark on a 2-nation visit to Paraguay and Costa Rica on 4th March 2019.
- He will also address the India-Paraguay business forum and interact with the Indian diaspora in Paraguay.
- PM Narendra Modi flagged off the Madurai-Chennai Egmore Tejas Express, the fastest train running between the two cities, via video conferencing from Kanyakumari.
The train’s features include infotainment system, attendant call button, and smart windows.
- Union Minister for Textiles Smriti Zubin Irani launched a comprehensive program for the development of knitting and knitwear sector in the country under the PowerTex India scheme.
- The Union Cabinet has approved the “Pradhan Mantri JI-VAN (Jaiv Indhan- Vatavaran Anukool fasal awashesh Nivaran) Yojana” under the Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas to provide financial support to Integrated Bioethanol Projects using lignocellulosic biomass and other renewable feedstock.
The scheme aims to incentivise 2G Ethanol sector and support this nascent industry by creating a suitable ecosystem for setting up the commercial project and increasing research and development in this area.
- Zhores Alferov (88yr), a joint winner of the 2000 Nobel Prize in Physics and a member of the Russian Parliament, passed away.
Alferov’s research in communication technology led to advancements in computers, CD players and mobile phones.
- Former Deputy Prime Minister of Nepal and Senior leader of ruling Nepal Communist Party (NCP), Bharat Mohan Adhikari (83yr) passed away.
He was very popular among the common people for introducing “Aafno Gaun Aafai Banau”, a development program aimed at developing villages across the country by giving them the authority to select local projects on their own.