30th May Current Affairs 2019- PDF download. Dear Students, Here are 30th May 2019 Daily important Current Affairs. We are providing you Important Current Affairs, which have unique updates of all daily events from all newspapers. It helps aspirants for SSC, Railway, State PSU & all competitive exams. Happy Reading……
30th May:Hindi Journalism Day.
- 30 May observed as Hindi Journalism Day. On this day the first Hindi newspaper of India called Udant Martand (The Rising Sun) was edited and published in the year 1826.
- Today The Hindi Journalism completed its 187 years in India.
Goa celebrates its statehood day on 30th May.
- On this day in 1987 Goa became the 25th state of the Indian Union.It was a Union Territory along with Daman and Diu from December 1961 onwards when Goa was liberated from the colonial rule.
James Marape elected as PM of Papua New Guinea
- A former finance minister James Marape, has been elected by parliament as the prime minister of Papua New Guinea.
currency of Papua New Guinea-Kina
capital of Papua New Guinea- Port Moresby
NCDRC’s judicial member Justice VK Jaintenure extend by 1year
- The Supreme Court has extended the tenure of Justice VK Jain, a judicial member of the National Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission (NCDRC), which was expiring on 30th May 2019.
- A vacation bench comprising Chief Justice Ranjan Gogoi and Justice Aniruddha Bose stated the extension of tenure would be for one year or till the process of fresh appointment is completed.
- Justice Jain was appointed as a judicial member of the NCDRC on 30th May 2014.
Current Affairs 2019: APPOINTMENTS
Muhammadu Buhari became 2nd president of Nigeria.
- Incumbent president Muhammadu Buhari won his reelection by defeating his main challenger, former Vice President Atiku Abubakar by over 3 million votes. He has been issued a Certificate of Return, and will be sworn in on 12 June 2019.
New Navy Chief : Karambir Singh to take charge on 31st May
The new next Navy Chief will be Vice Admiral Karambir Singh while it deferred for four weeks the matter of Vice Admiral Bimal Verma which seeks to quash Singh’s appointment.
- Karambir Singh, who is the Commander-in-Chief of the Eastern Naval Command, will take over as the Navy Chief on 31st May 2019
Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy took oath as the CM of Andhra Pradesh
- YSR Congress Party chief Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy took oath as the Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh in Vijayawada today.
- His party won 151 of 175 seats in the Assembly elections, nearly a decade after its launch and staying in the opposition. The swearing in was dministered by the state’s Governor E.SL. Narasimhan.
30 May Current Affairs 2019 pdf download: NATIONAL/INTERNATIONAL NEWS
US Government removed India and Switzerland from its currency monitoring list
- US Government has removed India and Switzerland from its currency monitoring list. The monitoring list includes countries with potentially questionable foreign exchange policies and practices currency manipulation. It is prepared by the US Treasury Department.
- India had a trade surplus while Switzerland had a material current account surplus.
- Countries in the list: At present, the list includes 9 countries namely China, Japan, South Korea, Germany, Italy, Ireland, Singapore, Malaysia, and Vietnam.
- The US Treasury Department urged the Asian nations to take necessary steps to avoid a “persistently weak currency’.
India’s first all woman crew flies Mi – 17 V5 medium lift helicopter
- Three women officers of Indian Air Force were part of India’s first all-women crew to fly a medium-lift helicopter Mi-17 V5.
- The Flight Lieutenant Parul Bhardwaj (Captain), Flying Officer Aman Nidhi (co-pilot) and Flight Lieutenant Hina Jaiswal (Flight Engineer) were three women IAF officers flew the chopper, which took off from a forward air base in South Western air command.
- Parul Bhardwaj Flight Lieutenant became the first woman pilot to fly the Mi-17 V5.
- Lieutenant Hina Jaiswal became the first woman flight engineer of the IAF.
- Flying officer Aman Nidhi from Jharkhand also became the first woman IAF pilot from the state.
About Indian Air Force
Founded: 8 October 1932
Commander-in-Chief: President Ram Nath Kovind
Air Staff (CAS) Chief : Air Chief Marshal Birender Singh
WHO concluded that Burnout is not a medical condition
- The World Health Organization (WHO) has for the first time recognised “burn out” in its International Classification of Diseases (ICD), collectively known as the ICD-11. Decision was taken during the World Health Assembly (WHA) in Geneva.
- for diagnosis and health insurers the updated ‘CD list, dubbed as ICD-11, was drafted in 2018 following recommendations from health experts from all around the world. It will take effect in January 2022.
A song titled ‘Hawa Aane De’ Launched to spread awareness about Air pollution
- To spread awareness about Air pollution, the Union Environment Ministry today launched a song titled ‘Hawa Aane De’.
- The song was launched by Secretary, Ministry of Environment C K Mishra ahead of the World Environment Day on 5th of June. Important Note : Theme of this year’s Environment Day is “Air Pollution”.
30 May 2019 Current Affairs: AWARDS & HONORS
Annie Zaidi is the 2019 winner of the $100,000 Nine Dots Prize
- Mumbai-based Writer Annie Zaidi was announced as the 2019 winner of the $100,000 Nine Dots Prize, for creative thinking that tackles contemporary societal issues.
- She won the prize for her entry titled ‘Bread, Cement, Cactus’, a piece that combined memoir and reportage to explore concepts of home and belonging.
- Her proposed book, based on the prize-winning essay, will be published in May 2020 .
- It aims to promote, engage and encourage innovative thinking so as to address problems facing the modern world
Professor N. Kumar Awarded Lifetime Recognition Award
- Vice-Chancellor of Tamil Nadu Agricultural University Professor N. Kumar awarded Lifetime Recognition Award by the Confederation of Horticulture Association of India.
- The award has been conferred for his outstanding contribution in the field of horticulture and academic leadership focused on human resource development in agriculture at the International Conference on Innovative horticulture at Pantnagar, Uttarakhand, according to a varsity release.
Chelsea clinched the UEFA Europa League 2019 Cup.
- Chelsea clinched the UEFA Europa League 2019 Cup. scored four goals in a devastating second-half display to beat Arsenal 4-1 at the Baku Olympic Stadium in Azerbaijan.
- He has won three European titles in seven years, with the Champions League triumph in 2012 followed by their first Europa League victory in 2013.
The ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2019 will begin today
- On 30th May 2019 England will open the tournament at the Oval in London when they will take on South Africa.
- The World Cup will 48 matches in all, of which 45 will make up the group stage. In nine group stage matches each team will play, and the top four will progress to the semifinals, similar to how the 1992 World Cup was held.
Carmine Caridi (85), best known for featuring in ‘The Godfather’ film series, passed away. Caridi was the first person to ever be expelled from Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences after he allegedly illegally circulated films before the Oscars.
[su_button url=”https://studentsdisha.in/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/30th-may-Current-Affairs-2019-pdf.pdf” target=”blank” style=”glass” background=”#e31add” color=”#fffdfd” size=”5″ center=”yes” radius=”round” icon=”icon: hand-o-right”] Download[/su_button]