2nd March 2019 Daily Current Affairs: Dear Students, Here is 2nd March 2019 Daily important Current Affairs. We are providing you Today’s Important Current Affairs, which have unique updates of all daily events from all newspapers. It helps you for SSC, Railway, State PSU & all competitive exams. Happy Reading……
Ajay Narayan Jha became Member of the 15th Finance Commission
- Shri Ajay Narayan Jha joined the 15th Finance Commission as its Member in place of Shri Shaktikanta Das resigned as a Member of the Commission after being appointed as Governor of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
- The 15th Finance Commission was constituted by a Presidential Order in November 2017 under the Chairmanship of Shri N. K. Singh to decide the formula for devolution of revenue between Centre and States.
BoB appoints Adhia as Non-Executive Chairman
- Former Finance Secretary Hasmukh Adhia has been appointed as the Non-Executive Chairman of Bank of Baroda.
- Ajai Kumar has ceased to be an Interim MD and CEO. However, he continues as a non-executive non-independent director on the board. With this, the bank’s new composition of the board of directors has 10 members.
Construction Technology India-2019 Expo-Cum-Conference held in Delhi
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the Construction Technology India-2019 Expo-cum-Conference in Delhi.
- Proven technologies which are identified during CTI – 2019 will be further invited to design and build lighthouse projects of nearly one thousand housing units each at 6 States in the country. These states are Gujarat, Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Tripura and Uttar Pradesh.
India-Bangladesh joint military exercise ‘Sampriti 2019’ starts in Tangail
- A joint military exercise Sampriti-2019will be conducted at Tangail, Bangladesh from 2nd March to 15 March.
- The exercise is aimed to strengthen and broaden the aspects of interoperability and cooperation between the Indian and Bangladesh Armies.
Russia, China blocked a US resolution on Venezuela in the UN
Russia and China vetoed a US resolution at the United Nations Security Council (UNSC) on addressing the crisis in Venezuela.
Seven countries including the United States, European countries and Peru opposed the Russian measure and there were four abstentions
IAF pilot Abhinandan Varthaman returned to India 2 days after being captured by Pakistan
IAF pilot Abhinandan Varthaman returned to India 2 days after being captured by Pakistan today according to Geneva convention.
Indian Air Force (IAF) pilot Wing Commander Abhinandan Varthaman was captured by the Pakistani military on 27 February after his MiG-21 jet was shot down in PoK (Pakistan occupied Kashmir).
Books & Authors
Finance Minister Arun Jaitley released a book titled, ‘Mann Ki Baat – A Social Revolution on Radio’ in New Delhi today.
The book is a compendium encompassing 50 editions of the ‘Mann Ki Baat’ program by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on All India Radio.
Science & Technology
Private American aerospace manufacturer and space transportation services company SpaceX has successfully launched its 1st unmanned Crew Dragon capsule through its Falcon 9 rocket, carrying a test dummy nicknamed ‘Ripley’ to the International Space Station (ISS).
Awards & Honors
7th Guiness Book of World Record created by DEPwD in Bharuch, Gujarat
A National Conference on “Deendayal Disabled Rehabilitation Scheme (DDRS)” was inaugurated by the Union Minister of Social Justice & Empowerment Thaawarchand Gehlot.
- The Tamil Nadu government has announced the Kalaimamani awards after a gap of eight years.
- The government also announced the ‘Bharathi’ awards in the field of literature, ‘MS Subbulakshmi award’ in music and ‘Bala Saraswathi award’ in dance.
MS Subbulakshmi Award Winners:–
- S Janaki
- C Saroja and C Lalitha
- TV Gopalakrishnan
Bharathi award Winners:-
- Subbu Arumugam
Bala Saraswathi Award:-
- VP Dhananjayan
- CV Chandrasekhar
IFFCO Tokio launches India’s first policy to protect bank locker
The policy offers a cover against various risks including fire, earthquake, burglary, holdup, infidelity by bank staff or any act of terrorism. Apart from jewelry and valuables, one can also ensure important documents kept in a locker as an add-on cover.
- The policy offers seven options of the sum insured ranging from Rs 3 lakh to Rs 40 lakh and above. The premium rate is affordable with a cover of Rs 3 lakh available at just Rs 300, which is less than Rs 1 per day.
- The Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA)will implement the project and once operational by the end of 2022, an estimated 2 million passengers a day will use the two new lines.
- The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) today released Team India jersey bearing Indian Air Force (IAF) Wing Commander Abhinandan Vardaman’s name and number one on it as a tribute after his return to the country from Pakistan.