2nd February 2019 Daily Current Affairs: Dear Students, Here is 2nd February 2019 Daily important Current Affairs. We are providing you Today’s Important Current Affairs, which has unique updates of all daily events from all newspapers. It helps you for SSC, Railway, State PSU & all competitive exams. Happy Reading……
- 2nd February observed as world wetlands Day.
- Russian President Vladimir Putin today announced that the country will follow the US example and withdraw from the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces (INF) Treaty within 6 months.
- Sanjiv Ranjan appointed as the Ambassador of India to the Republic of Colombia.
Pradhan Mantri Shram-Yogi Maandhan Yojana- key facts:
- It is a scheme for the unorganized sector workers with monthly income up to Rs 15,000. Money allocated for the Scheme is a sum of Rs 500 crore.
- one can assure monthly pension of Rs 3,000 from the age of 60 years on a monthly contribution of a small affordable amount during their working-age Under this scheme.
- One will have to contribute only Rs 100 per month till the age of 60 years if he is an unorganized sector worker joining pension yojana at the age of 29 years.
- A person will have to contribute as little as Rs 55 per month only if he joins the pension yojana at 18 years,.
- Every month the Government will deposit equal matching share in the pension account of the worker.
About Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi:
Under this program, vulnerable landholding farmer families, having cultivable land up to 2 hectares, will be provided direct income support at the rate of Rs. 6,000 per year.
This money will be transferred directly into the beneficiary farmer’s bank accounts, in three equal installments of Rs. 2,000 each.
- Qatar defeats Japan to win their First-ever Asia cup title in football.
- South Korean footballer Ki-sung-young Announce his retirement.
- Vani Kapoor becomes the first Indian to grab a card for the Australian Ladies PGA Tour(LPGA).
- Smriti Mandhana has a no.1 spot in ICC women’s ODI ranking.
- The RBI removed Bank of India(BOI), Bank of Maharastra(BOM) and Oriental Bank of Commerce (BOC) from prompt corrective Action (PAC)framework.
- The Kala Ghoda Arts Festival was inaugurated in Mumbai on 2nd February 2019.
- It is India’s largest Multi-cultural street festival.