29th May 2019 Daily Current Affairs:Dear Students, Here are 29th May 2019 Daily important Current Affairs. We are providing you Important Current Affairs, which have unique updates of all daily events from all newspapers. It helps aspirants for SSC, Railway, State PSU & all competitive exams. Happy Reading……
29th May : International Day of UN Peacekeepers
- 29th May is being observed as The ‘International Day of United Nations Peacekeepers’ to pay tribute those who served in the United Nations (UN) peacekeeping operations.
- In this Day honour the memory of people who died in the name of peace.
- This Day theme: “Protecting Civilians, Protecting Peace.”
Walmart Appoints Suresh Kumar as Chief Technology Officer
- Walmart has appointed Suresh Kumar, an IIT Madras graduate and former Google executive, as chief technology officer and chief development officer ‘
Scott Morrison sworn in as Australia’s Prime Minister
- Scott Morrison has been sworn in as Australia’s Prime Minister, 11 days after retaining the position in the country’s general election. Morrison was sworn in by Queen Elizabeth’s official representative in Australia, Governor-General Sir Peter Cosgrove, in the capital, Canberra along with Deputy Prime Minister Michael McCormack,
Peter Mutharika re-elected as president of the Republic of Malawi
- Peter Mutharika re-elected as president of the Republic of Malawi .He is from Democratic Progressive Party won the re-elections with 38.5% votes.
- Malawi has been independent since 1964 and it was the 6th presidential election held since single-party rule ended in 1994
- The victory was announced in Blantyre, Malawi by the head of the Malawi Electoral Commission (MEC) Jane Ansah.
- He won the elections against the opposition candidate Lazarus Chakwera from the Malawi Congress Party (MCP) who secured 35.4% of the votes.
Malawi’s Capital: Lilongwe
Currency: Mala BJP leader
Pema Khandu sworn-in as Arunachal CM
- The CM Pema Khandu was sworn- in as the Chief Minister of Arunachal Pradesh for a second term. Along with Pema Khandu, 11 other ministers of the cabinet were also sworn in different position.
Naveen Patnaik became Odisha CM for 5th term
- from Biju Janata Dal (BJD) ,Naveen Patnaik (73-years) sworn in as the chief minister of Odisha for the fifth time in a row (since 2000) Odisha Governor Prof.
- Ganeshi Lal administrated the oath of office and secrecy to Mr. Patnail and his cabinet colleagues at the IDCO exhibition ground in Bhubaneswar.
- The Biju Janata Dal secured 112 seats [BJP-23, INC-9, CPI(M)-1] in the 147-member Odisha Assembly in the recently concluded elections.
Alapan Bandyopadhyay Appinted as Home Secretary for West Bengal.
- CM of West Bengal, Mamata Banerjee appointed Alapan Bandyopadhyay, an IAS officer of the 1987 batch, as the new Home Secretary for West Bengal.
- He succeeds Atri Bhattacharya
- Ths scheme was in charge of the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises(MSME) Department with additional charge of Industry, Commerce and Enterprises Department.
“Aroma Mission” project in Meghalaya
- Conrad K Sangma CM of Meghalaya launched a new project to boost medicinal and aromatic plants cultivation named “Aroma Mission”.
- This is a project of Rs.18 crore launched to give importance for agriculture and allied sectors so that farmers earn the benefits from it.
Saudi Arabia ban on export of fruits and vegetable from Kerala
- Kerala’s fruits and vegetable exporters have heaved a sigh of relief following the lifting of the export ban by Saudi Arabia after the Nipah virus attack last year. With the lifting of the embargo, he said Kozhikode airport was alone handling 20 tonnes of fruits and vegetables per day valued at $50,000 to various destinations in Saudi.
- Kerala exports around 150 tonnes of fruits and vegetables on a daily basis to various gulf countries and of this, the consignment to Saudi alone was 30-40 tonnes.
RBI extends RTGS timings from 4:30 pm to 6:00 pm
- The RBI (Reserve Bank of India) has announced an extension of timings for customer transactions through Real Time Gross Settlement (RTGS) by one and half hours from 4:30 PM to 6:00 PM.
- According to the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) notification, the new timing will be effective from 1st June.
- Under this system the minimum amount for the transaction is Rs 2 lakh.
- funds that can be transferred via the RTGS system has no upper limit on the value of.
Orchha of Madhya Pradesh list in UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- The architectural heritage of Orchha town in Madhya Pradesh has been included in UNESCO’s tentative list of world heritage sites .
- It was built by Bundela dynasty king Rudra Pratap Singh in the 16th century.
- This site is situated on the banks of the Betwa river, located around 80 km away from Tikamgarh district in Madhya Pradesh.
Hyderabad became country’s first ‘Blockchain District’
- A draft blockchain policy to set up country’s first ‘Blockchain District’ in Hyderabad by Telangana released.
- It is aimed to create an ecosystem for major blockchain companies, start-ups for promoting research, innovation and industry collaboration.
- Telangana Government signed an agreement with Tech Mahindra to set up the Blockchain district in 2018.
- The draft was released by Information Technology, Electronics and Communications (IT E&C) Department.
- The main focus will be given to the sectors such as banking, financial services and insurance, pharmaceuticals and healthcare, government institutions and departments, logistics and supply chains.
Tripartite agreement with India and Japan signed by Sri Lanka
- Sri Lankan Government has signed a tripartite agreement with India and Japan for development of eastern terminal of Colombo port.
- The Memorandum of Cooperation (MoC) was signed in Colombo by Sri Lankan ports minister Sagala Ratnayake, Indian high commissioner to Sri Lanka Taranjit Singh Sandhu and a Japanese representative.
- Sri Lanka Port Authority (SLPA) will hold 51% majority stake in the port development while Japan and India will have combined stake of 49 % as per the agreement.
Corporation Bank launches loan scheme for the MSME sector
- Corporation Bank has launched ‘SME Suvidha’ scheme to provide loans to the GST-registered Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) at affordable interest rates.
- The product is designed as a part of the lender’s efforts to improve service and provide the best products to the MSME sector.
AWARDS & HONORS
Horticulture award for TNAU V-C
- N Kumar, Vice-Chancellor of Tamil Nadu Agricultural University has been conferred the lifetime recognition award by the Confederation of Horticulture Association of India.
- The award has been conferred for his outstanding contribution in the field of horticulture and academic leadership focussed on human resource development in agriculture.
Nobel prize winning Physicist Murray Gell-Man passes away
- Nobel laureate and American physicist, Murray Gell-Mann (89-years) passed away at his home in Santa Fe, New Mexico.
- physics transformed by devising a method for sorting subatomic particles into simple groups of eight based on an electric charge, spin and other characteristics.
- His method called by him the “eightfold way” after the Buddhist Eightfold Path to enlightenment.
- Mann received the Nobel Prize in Physics in 1969 for his work on the theory of elementary particles.
[su_button url=”https://studentsdisha.in/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/29th-May-Current-affairs-pdf.pdf” target=”blank” background=”#e31add” color=”#fffdfd” size=”5″ center=”yes” radius=”round” icon=”icon: hand-o-right”] Download[/su_button]