28th May 2019 Daily Current Affairs
Dear Students, Here are 28th May 2019 Daily important Current Affairs. We are providing you Today’s Important Current Affairs, which have unique updates of all daily events from all newspapers. It helps you for SSC, Railway, State PSU & all competitive exams. Happy Reading……
28 May: Menstrual Hygiene Day:
- 28th May Observed as Menstrual Hygiene Day which aims to raise awareness about the importance of good Menstrual Hygiene Management (MHM) for women and adolescent girls worldwide.
- Theme: “It’s Time for Action”.
S V Savarkar’s birth anniversary is being celebrated today
- Swatantryaveer Vinayak Damodar Savarkar was Born on 28th May in 1883 near Nasik in Maharashtra.
- He was a revolutionary who fought against the British Government.
President of Badminton Asia: Anton Aditya
Anton Aditya Subowo of Indonesia was re-elected as the President of Badminton Asia. He will continue as the President for another four years.
UN-Habitat Assembly elected to India as Executive Board
- India has been elected to the Executive Board of the 1st UN-Habitat Assembly at the Plenary. Session of the Assembly started yesterday in Nairobi, Kenya.
- 1st session of the UN-Habitat Assembly will be held from 27 May to 31 May 2019, at the headquarters of UN-Habitat in Nairobi.
- The Theme of this session is: “Innovation for Better Quality of Life in Cities and Communities”.
- The Sub-theme as: “Accelerated implementation of the New Urban Agenda towards the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals”.
Arun Sarin as an independent director of company Ola Electric
- Bengaluru-based Ola’s newly-formed company Ola Electric has appointed former Vodafone Group CEO Arun Sarin as an independent director on its board.
- Sarin also currently serves on the boards of Cisco Systems, Accenture, Charles Schwab and ANI Technologies (Ola’s parent company).
Maldives former President Mohamed Nasheed has been nominated as speaker of new parliament or Majlis which held its first sitting today.
Chief Justice of Meghalaya High Court
- Justice Ajay Kumar Mittal has been sworn in as the Chief Justice of Meghalaya High Court.
- Governor Tathagata Roy administered him the oath of office in a ceremony at Raj Bhavan, Shillong today.
‘Artemis’ program by NASA for 2024 Moon mission
- The “Artemis” program by NASA for 2024 Moon mission program that will return astronauts to the Moon for the first time in half a century, including eight scheduled launches and a mini-station in lunar orbit by 2024.
Russia launches world’s largest nuclear-powered icebreaker
- Russia launched the world’s largest nuclear-powered icebreaker, which would open up commercial opportunities for the country in the northern sea route.
- With the ceremonial launch of ‘Ural’, Russia’s Rosatom Atomic Energy Corporation, which is the main equipment supplier for India’s Kudankulam nuclear power plant, has completed another step towards ensuring all-year round navigability of the Northern sea route.
Tribal Odisha woman becomes country’s youngest MP
- A tribal woman, Chandrani Murmu has made history after winning the Lok Sabha seat from Keonjhar in Odisha. At the age of 25 years and 11 months, She has become the youngest Member of Parliament (MP)
- Murmu, an engineering graduate, B.Tech degree. Murmu from Tikargumura village in Keonjhar district was fielded as a candidate by Naveen Patnaik’s Biju Janata Dal (BJD).
Tree Ambulance’ service launched in Chennai
- ‘Tree Ambulance’ service was launched by Vice President M. Venkaiah Naidu in Chennai is an initiative to provide care to trees besides spread green cover.
- This service launched in the state 1st time aims to providing first aid treatment to trees, uprooted tree planting, seed bank, seed ball distribution, plant distribution, aiding tree plantation, trees shifting, a survey of trees and removal of dead trees.
- Through the helpline number – 9941006786 the ambulance can be availed. In website- www.treeambulance.org People can register themselves as volunteers.
AWARDS & HONORS
Dr. Lee Jong-Wook Memorial Prize
- DG of Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) Professor Balram Bhargava, was honored with the 2019 Dr. Lee Jong-wook Memorial Prize for Public Health at the 72nd World Health Assembly in Geneva, Switzerland.
- He awarded for his achievements as an innovator, clinician, researcher, and trainer.
Lewis Hamilton wins Monaco Grand Prix 2019
Lewis Hamilton won the Monaco Grand Prix 2019 to extend his championship lead over Mercedes teammate Valtteri Bottas.
China beat Japan to win the 2019 Sudirman Cup
The badminton world mixed-team championship woned by China in Sudirman Cup 2019 in Nanning, China. They beat Japan in men’s doubles, women’s singles and men’s singles to clinch the title for the 11th time.