28th March 2019 Daily Current Affairs: Dear Students, Here is 28th March 2019 Daily important Current Affairs. We are providing you Important Current Affairs, which have unique updates of all daily events from all newspapers. It helps aspirants for SSC, Railway, State PSU & all competitive exams. Happy Reading……
Manohar Ajgaonkar appointed Deputy CM of Goa
- Tourism Minister of Goa Manohar Ajgaonkar, who switched to the Bharatiya Janata Party from Maharashtrawadi Gomantak Party (MGP), was appointed as the state’s new Deputy Chief Minister.
- Ajgaonkar has become the 2nd deputy chief minister after Vijai Sardesai in the Pramod Sawant government in Goa.
Newly appointed eight members of Lokpal took the oath of office
- Lokpal means caretaker of people is an anti-corruption authority or body of an ombudsman who represents the public interest in the Republic of India.
- Lokpal Chairperson, Justice Pinaki Chandra Ghose administered the oath of office to them. Besides Chairperson, the President Ram Nath Kovind had appointed four Judicial members and four Non-Judicial members as Lokpal.
Kenichi Ayukawa re-appointed as MD and CEO of Maruti Suzuki board for 3 years
- Kenichi Ayukawa re-appointed as MD and CEO of Maruti Suzuki board for a third three-year term as MD and CEO of Maruti.
- He played a major role in expanding the company’s market share beyond 50 percent.
Election Commission appoints special expenditure observers for AP, Arunachal, Gujarat, Karnataka, Nagaland, Telangana
- Election Commission appointed 2 former civil servants Gopal Mukherjee and D.D. Goel as special expenditure observers for the upcoming Lok Sabha Elections 2019.
- former Member of CBDT Mr. Gopal Mukherjee has been deployed in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana and Mr. D.D.Goel has been deployed in Arunachal Pradesh and Nagaland.
- The Commission has decided to give additional charge of Gujarat and Karnataka to Shailendra Handa and Madhu Mahajan, respectively.
BCCI Ombudsman Justice D.K.Jain serve as ad-hoc Ethics Officer
- Supreme Court-appointed BCCI Ombudsman Justice D K Jain serves as the Ethics Officer of the Indian cricket board on an ad-hoc basis to determine and decide issues related to conflict of interest.
- Justice Jain, appointed the first Ombudsman of the cricket board on February 21 this year by the apex court, is already looking into the Hardik Pandya-KL Rahul chat show controversy following which the two players were handed a provisional suspension.
Election commission appoints special central police observer for Tripura and Mizoram
- The Election Commission of India has appointed Retired DGP of Manipur M K Das as special central police observer for Tripura and Mizoram.
- They were assigned to oversee the deployment and other security-related issues in the states.
Delhi International Airport is to be transformed with world-class amenities
· The Indira Gandhi International Airport, Delhi world’s 12th busiest hub, transiting between the various terminals of IGI Airport.
· It not only connects all the buildings but also provides a well-designed public space for everyone to enjoy.
Bank of Baroda to launch Baroda Kisan
- Bank of Baroda has developed an agri-digital platform called ‘Baroda Kisan’.The platform is to provide solutions for all major agricultural requirements.
- The project aims to provide reliable information, inputs for use, the convenience of renting farm equipment and market linkage for sale of agri-produces.
Infosys joined with Roland-Garros to provide a digital solution for French Open tennis tournament
- Infosys IT company joined with Roland-Garros with a three-year partnership agreement to provide a digital solution for French Open tennis tournament.
- This agreement will enhance the game by providing fans, players and coaches with a new experience in digital technologies.
Tashigang polling(15,256ft) of Himachal is world’s highest polling station
· The Tashigang polling station in Himachal Pradesh falls in Buddhist-dominated Lahaul-Spiti, one of the 17 assembly segments that form the second largest constituency in India the Mandi Lok Sabha seat. The polling station covers two villages— Tashigang and Gate.
· As per the revised electoral rolls, the two villages have 48 voters(M-18, W-30)
Discovered oil in the Krishna Godavari basin by Vedanta Limited
- Discovered oil in the Krishna Godavari basin on India’s east coast by Vedanta Limited.
- Its discovery in the second exploratory well H2, Krishna-Godavari Basin, east coast of India.
Adani Ports becomes first Indian port operator to record 200 million tonnes cargo movement in 2018-19
- Adani Ports and Special Economic Zone (APSEZ) becoming the first Indian port operator to achieve 200 million tonnes of the cargo movement in 2018-19.
India becomes the fourth country to test Anti-satellite missile system, codenamed Mission Shakti successfully
- India has become the fourth country after the US, Russia, and China in the world to achieve Anti-satellite missile system ‘Mission Shakti’ operation.
- Anti Satellite weapons an operation of ‘Mission Shakti’ also called the ASAT are developed to destroy satellites. It is a joint programme of DRDO and the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO). Mission Shakti will help the country in standing strong and secure.
Singapore airport named world’s best, New Delhi’s IGI at 59th
Changi Airport of Singapore has been crowned the world’s best aviation hub. New Delhi’s Indira Gandhi International (IGI) Airport featured at number 59, according to the Skytrax World Airport Awards.
Hyper local connectivity app “Bhonga” launched in Mumbai
- Hyperlocal connectivity app “Bhonga” launched in Mumbaito connect users to people in their neighbourhood in the city even without an Internet connection.
- “Bhonga” is a word in the Marathi language that translates to meaning megaphone or loudspeaker.
Tesla builds its ‘largest energy storage system in Asia’
Tesla builds its largest power storage system in Asia. It provides sufficient backup power to safely move a train and its passengers to the nearest station in the event of a power outage.
Mumbai civic activist HS D’Lima passes away
- HS D’Lima, an activist from Andheri Gaothan, who fought against illegal constructions and slumification of Mumbai’s gaothans (traditional east Indian urban villages) passed away. He was 84 years old.