28th February 2019 Daily Current Affairs: Dear Students, Here is 28th February 2019 Daily important Current Affairs. We are providing you Today’s Important Current Affairs, which have unique updates of all daily events from all newspapers. It helps you for SSC, Railway, State PSU & all competitive exams. Happy Reading……
- National Science Day:
28th February celebrated as National Science Day to provide respect to the Raman effects by the Indian physicist. Sir Chandrasekhara Venkata Raman. He was provided with many awards and also honored by getting Nobel Prize in the Subject of Physics in 1930.
The theme of Rare Disease Day 2019: ‘Bridging health and social care’.
- K. J. Srinivasa has been appointed as the next High Commissioner of India to the Cooperative Republic of Guyana.
Muhammadu Buhari re-elected as Nigerian President
Muhammadu Buhari, 76-year-old, has been re-elected for a second four-year term. He was first elected president in 2015, becoming the first opposition candidate to defeat an incumbent and win the presidence.
Govind Prasad Sharma is appointed as the Chairman of NBT
- Govind Prasad Sharma has served as the Principal of Government P.G. College in Madhya Pradesh and in other Educational sectors previously.
Aviation Conclave held in New Delhi
The Ministry of Civil Aviation organized a conclave on were more than 200 delegates including industry leaders and regulators deliberated on issues and opportunities in the sector.
Theme -” flying for all”.
Union Textile Minister inaugurated Titanwala Museum in Rajasthan
Union Textiles Minister Smriti Irani inaugurated the ‘Titanwala Museum’ that showcases the hand block printing of the Chhipa community in Bagru.
- Bagru printing is one of the traditional techniques of printing with natural color followed by the chippas of Rajasthan. Suraj Narayan Titanwala took the initiative of setting up the museum
16th edition of BioAsia held in Hyderabad
- The 16th edition of BioAsia, an annual flagship International healthcare, and technology convention of the Government of Telangana, organized in partnership with the Government of India, held at Hyderabad International Convention Centre (HICC).
- It was inaugurated by the Governor of TelanganaS.L Narasimhan.
- The theme of the conference was ‘Life Sciences 4.0 – Disrupt the Disruption’.
PM Modi unveils 800-kg Astounding Bhagavad Gita at ISKCON temple in Delhi
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi unveiled a giant Bhagavad Gita, running into 670 pages and weighing 800 kg, at the ISKCON temple in New Delhi. Dubbed the ‘Astounding Bhagavad Gita‘, and measuring 2.8 m by 2 m.
Union Minister Gowda inaugurates CIPET center in Tripura
- Union Minister D V Sadanand has inaugurated a center of the Central Institute of Plastic Engineering and Technology (CIPET) in Tripura.
- The Union Statistics and Programme Implementation Minister were present at the inauguration function of CIPET Centre for Skilling and Technical Support (CSTS) at Bodhjungnagar.
Dharmapada Samvaad-Skill Saathi Youth Conclave in Odisha
- Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Minister Dharmendra Pradhan inaugurated Nua Odisha, Dharmapada Samvaad-Skill Saathi Youth Conclave in Bhubaneswar.
- The program aims to create a mass movement around skill development in the state and inspire youth to make the most of various skill development opportunities in the country.
HRD Ministry launches SHREYAS to skill non-technical students
- The website, ac.in, is operational and is already inviting applications from students from non-technical courses such as BA, BSc. & BCom.
WB Govt launches ‘Banglar Shiksha’ web portal to provide real-time data on schools
- West Bengal Education Minister Partha Chatterjeeinaugurated a web portal, which is set to provide real-time data on state-run and aided schools. “The portal, Banglar Shiksha (banglarshiksha.gov.in) will address many issues, including attendance of students and teachers.
- The system will enable the headmaster and class teacher to access the academic performance of students.
AYUSH-WHO Working Group Meeting on Benchmarks for Training in Yoga begins
A three-day Working Group Meeting, organized jointly by the Ministry of AYUSH and WHO, to review the WHO document“Benchmarks for Training in Yoga” began in New Delhi. 16 yoga experts will review the draft document of whom, 11 are from the US, UK, Canada, Brazil, Saudi Arabia, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Japan, Australia, and Malaysia.
IRCTC launches payment aggregator iPay
The Indian Rail Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) launched its much-awaited payment aggregator system ‘IRCTC iPay’
- The event will be held at one of Australia’s most famous sporting venues, Mount Panorama.
Deepak Singh bags gold at Makran Cup boxing
National champion Deepak Singh was the lone Indian boxer to notch up gold, while five others claimed silver medals in the Makran Cup in Chabahar, Iran. He defeated Jaafar Naseri in the finals. Finishing second on the podium were P. Lalitha Prasad, Commonwealth Games silver-medallist Manish Kaushik, Duryodhan Singh Negi, Sanjeet and Commonwealth Games silver-medallist Satish Kumar.
Karnataka launched a major water conservation scheme Jalamrutha
- Karnataka State government launched a major water conservation scheme titled ‘Jalamrutha’, which focuses on drought-proofing measures, including protection and rejuvenation of water bodies.
Telangana’s 4 ULBs bagged Swachh Survekshan 2019 awards
- Telangana’s four Urban Local Bodies (ULBs) bagged Swachh Survekshan-2019 awards. Siddipet, Sircilla, Boduppal, and Peerzadiguda are the four Urban Local Bodies.
- The objective of the survey is to encourage large scale citizen participation, ensure the sustainability of initiatives taken towards garbage free and open defecation free cities. Its aim to create awareness amongst all sections of society about the importance of working together towards making towns and cities a better place to live in.