27th March 2019 Daily Current Affairs: Dear Students, Here is 27th March 2019 Daily important Current Affairs. We are providing you Today’s Important Current Affairs, which have unique updates of all daily events from all newspapers. It helps you for SSC, Railway, State PSU & all competitive exams. Happy Reading……
World Theatre Day
World Theatre Day celebrated annually on the 27th March by ITI Centres and the international theatre community. On this day several national and international theatre events are organized.
Comoros President Azali Assoumani re-elected
- ComorosPresident Azali Assoumani was re-elected according to results published by the electoral commission of the Indian Ocean archipelago.
- Comoros Capital: Moroni
Currency: Comorian franc
Basketball Federation of India appoints Serbian Veselin Matic as coach of Indian men’s team
- The Basketball Federation of India appoints Veselin Matic as the new head coach of the Indian men’s basketball team.
- Zoran Visic, who was earlier in charge of both the men’s and women’s national sides will continue with the women’s team after the recruitment of Visic took over the men’s side for the FIBA World Cup.
NATIONAL/INTERNATIONAL CURRENT AFFAIRS
The network of Under-Ice Lakes Discovered in the Antarctic by the researchers from the Australian Antarctic Program
- An international team of researchers from the Australian Antarctic Program has discovered a network of lakes beneath Totten Glacier, the largest glacier in East Antarctica during their 160-day expedition.
- Totten Glacier is a large glacier draining a major portion of the East Antarctic Ice Sheet, through the Budd Coast of Wilkes Land.
Pakistan approved a plan to open Sharada Temple Corridor to Hindu Pilgrims from India
Sharada Peeth is an ancient Hindu temple and cultural site in Pakistan-controlled Kashmir (PoK). It will be the second religious tract after the Kartarpur corridor in PcK that will connect the two neighboring nations.
Uber acquires rival Careem for USD 3.1 billion to expand in the Middle East
Uber has confirmed that it is acquiring its Middle East rival Careem in a deal worth USD 3.1 billion. Careem was founded in 2012 as a ride-hailing service. Over the years, it expanded its services to include food and package delivery, bus services, and credit transfers.
- After the acquisition is complete, Careem will become a wholly-owned subsidiary of Uber.
Apple partners with Goldman Sachs and Mastercard for Apple Card
- Apple Inc. released a new credit card in partnership with Goldman Sachs Group Inc. and Mastercard Inc. Cardholders receive a titanium card that has no card number, security code, or expiration date printed on the physical card.
- Apple uses machine learning to give cardholders more precise details about where their transactions occurred and let users text for customer-service requests.
Adani becomes first Indian port operator to record 200 MMT cargo movement
Adani Ports and Special Economic Zone (APSEZ) he becomes first Indian port operator to record 200 MMT cargo movement at 9 ports along the east and west coasts, becoming the first Indian port operator to achieve the milestone.
- Adani Ports embarked its journey in 2001 and has become one of the largest port operators in the world.
ICICI Pru Mutual Fund launches Bharat Consumption Scheme
ICICI Prudential announced launched the ICICI Prudential Bharat Consumption Scheme. The Scheme aims to benefit from the Indian consumption story, considered as one of the fastest growing consumer markets globally.
- The benchmark for the Scheme is Nifty India Consumption Index and will be managed by Dharmesh Kakkad and Rajat Chandak. The overseas investments of the scheme will be managed by Priyanka Khandelwal.
For the first time in the world, Ootys muon detection facility measures the potential of a thundercloud
- For the first time in the world, Ootys GRAPES-3 muon telescope facility in Ooty have measured the electrical potential, size, and height of a thundercloud that passed overhead on December 1, 2014.
- The study of thunderclouds is helpful in the navigation of aircraft and preventing short circuits in airplanes. It aims to probe acceleration of cosmic rays
LIMA 2019 Aero Expo held in Langkawi, Malaysia
- Langkawi International Maritime Aero Expo (LIMA-2019) is held in Langkawi, Malaysia from 26 March 2019 to 30 March 2019. It takes place once every two years, is one of the largest maritime and aerospace exhibitions in the Asia-Pacific. It is established in 1991.
- Indian Air Force (IAF) is participating in the Maritime Aero Expo for the first time, during which it will showcase its indigenously developed LCA fighter aircraft, Tejas. The anti-submarine warfare corvette INS Kadmatt also participate in LIMA 2019.
CARE Hospitals has launched Ummeed, a Cancer screening programme
- CARE Hospitals in association with Piramal Swasthya has launched a cancer screening programme called ‘Ummeed’ in Hyderabad, Telangana. The initiative that will help in early detection of oral, breast and cervical cancer, will be introduced in Rangareddy in the next 45 days, in d free of cost.
- A fully-equipped van will be used to screen people and an all-woman team will educate the rural population about the importance of early detection of cancer
RBI fined Rs 2 Crore penalty on PNB
- The Reserve Bank of India has fined a penalty of Rs 2 crore on Punjab National Bank for non-compliance of regulatory directions with regard to SWIFT operations. SWIFT (Society For Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunications) is a global messaging software used for sharing information on inter-bank transactions by financial entities
Railways to run 100 summer special trains
- The Indian Railways said that 100 summer special trains would be run to handle an extra rush of passengers during this season. special trains will be run from March 28.
- The Indian Railways will also run weekly special trains from the Lokmanya Tilak Terminus to Manduadih, from Pune to Gorakhpur and from Pune to Manduadih.
boost engagement of election tools launched by Facebook
- Social-networking site Facebook launched 2 new India-specific tools “Candidate Connect” and “Share You Voted” to boost civic engagement on its platform during the general elections that commence in April.
- It will provide people with polling information and enable them to announce and celebrate their vote.
Vijayawada Railway Station Gets ‘Gold Rating’ For Green Measures
- Vijayawada railway station has received Gold Rating by the Indian Green Building Council. Council Chairman Meka Vijaya Sai presented the gold rating shield to Divisional Railway Manager R Dhananjayulu.
- The station boasts of 100 percent LED lighting, five stars rated fans, pumps and motors, and solar water heating systems.
Awards & Honors
- The 2018 Turing Award, known as the “Nobel Prize of computing,” has been given to a trio of researchers who laid the foundations for the current boom in artificial intelligence.
- Yoshua Bengio, Geoffrey Hinton, and Yann LeCun — sometimes called the ‘godfathers of AI’ — have been recognized with the $1 million annual prizes for their work developing the AI subfield of deep learning.
The Beat singer Ranking Roger passes away
Ranking Roger, popularly known as the vocalist of The Beat, has passed away. He was 56. The band was behind the hit songs “Mirror in the bathroom”, “Too nice to talk to” and their cover versions of “Can’t get used to losing you”.
Former Australian spinner Bruce Yardley passes away
The former Australian spin bowler Bruce Yardley, also coach and, commentator passed away after a prolonged fight with cancer at the age of 71.
Scott Walker, Experimental Pop Hero, Passes Away
Scott Walker, one of the most innovative and enduring songwriters of the 20th century, has passed away aged 76.