27th February 2019 Daily Current Affairs: Dear Students, Here is 27th February 2019 Daily important Current Affairs. We are providing you Today’s Important Current Affairs, which have unique updates of all daily events from all newspapers. It helps you for SSC, Railway, State PSU & all competitive exams. Happy Reading……
World NGO Day
- World NGO Day 2019, is annually observed on February 27. World NGO Day 2019 aims to inspire people to become more active and encourage to be involved within NGOs and both the public and private sector for the betterment of society.
- On World NGO Day, individuals, social activists, and enthusiasts share their knowledge and experiences. Through global meetings conducted on February 27, it aims to educate individuals worldwide on NGOs and their impact.
- Nation paying tribute to martyr Chandrashekhar Azad (23rd July 1906 – 27th February 1931) on his 89th Death Anniversary today.
- He was a great Indian freedom fighter who was involved in Kakori Train Robbery, the attempt to blow up the Viceroy’s train, and the shooting of Saunders at Lahore to avenge the killing of Lala Lajpat Rai.
- He was the mentor of Bhagat Singh, another great freedom fighter. After the independence, to commemorate Chandra Shekhar Azad, Alfred Park (Allahabad), where Chandra Shekhar Azad shot himself was renamed Chandra Shekhar Azad Park.
A sampriti joint military exercise
- Sampriti 2019, a joint military exercise between India and Bangladesh will be conducted at Tangail in Bangladesh from Saturday.
- The 14-day exercise will be the 8th edition of the exercise which is hosted alternately by both countries.
- The aim of Sampriti 2019: To strengthen and broaden the aspects of interoperability and cooperation between the Armies of both countries.
PM Modi launches Khelo India Mobile App to promote fitness
Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the Khelo India Mobile App at the Youth Parliament Festival in New Delhi.
- Minister of Youth Affairs and Sports Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore was also present at the launch of the App which has been developed both in Hindi and English.
Visakhapatnam to host Beach Volleyball World Tour
- Visakhapatnam will soon be playing host to the first-ever Federation International De Volleyball (FIVB), a Beach.
- The event will be witnessing the participation of 56 leading teams; 28 each from the men’s and women’s categories across the world, informed President of Andhra Pradesh Volleyball Association and Visakhapatnam West MLA Ganababu.
- This was the first time the International Volleyball Federation (FIVB)has allotted the game to India.
- International Volleyball Federation (FIVB) Headquarters: Lausanne, Switzerland.
Mehtab announces retirement from club football
Mehtab Hossain has as he announced that he will retire from club football after this season.
- Mehtab, who plays for Mohun Bagan after plying his trade for arch-rivals East Bengal for almost a decade, announced his decision on the eve of their match against Indian Arrows.
Assam CM Sonowal launches PRANAM Commission to protect parents of govt employees
Assam chief minister Sarbananda Sonowal launched the PRANAM Commission, a panel set up to look after the issues concerning a Bill.
BOOKS & AUTHORS
Venkaiah Naidu Launched the book ‘Quality, Accreditation & Ranking’ by Dr. H Chaturvedi
Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu launched the book titled ‘Quality, Accreditation, and Ranking – A Silent Revolution in the Offing in Indian Higher Education’ edited by Education Promotion Society for India’s (EPSI) Alternate President Dr. H Chaturvedi in New Delhi.
- The book launch function was organized by EPSI, BIMTECH and Bloomsbury Pvt Ltd.
RBI removes Allahabad Bank, Corporation Bank, Dhanlakshmi Bank from PCA framework
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) said that Allahabad Bank, Corporation Bank, and Dhanlaxmi Bank have been taken out of the Prompt Corrective Action (PCA) framework.
- The release noted that the two banks made the necessary disclosures to the Stock Exchange and after the infusion of capital, the CRAR, CET1, Net NPA and Leverage Ratios are no longer in breach of the PCA thresholds.
Suresh Raina became first Indian to score 8000 runs in T20s
Suresh Raina has become the first Indian batsman to cross 8000 runs in T20 cricket. Raina achieved this feat when he scored 12 runs in Uttar Pradesh’s 77-run victory over Puducherry in what was incidentally his 300th T20.
- He is only the second Indian after MS Dhoni to have played that many matches in the shortest format of the game.