Dear Students, Here are 26th March 2019 Daily Current Affairs. We are providing you Today’s Important Current Affairs, which have unique updates of all daily events from all newspapers. It helps you for SSC, Railway, State PSU & all competitive exams. Happy Reading…
Independence Day of Bangladesh:
26th March is the Independence Day of Bangladesh. This day commemorates the country’s declaration of independence from Pakistan in the year 1971.
World Purple day Observed on March 26
- Epilepsy Awareness Day which is commonly known as World Purple Day is observed on 26th March every year to encourage the people to wear the colour to increase the awareness of Epilepsy.
- The day was first observed in 2008 in Nova Scotia, Canada to encourage awareness and cast away the myths on the general public about the deceased.
Govindaraj re-elected as BFI President
- Govindaraj has been unanimously re-elected as president of the Basketball Federation of India (BFI). Govindaraj announced that a new six-team women’s league will be held in the next three months.
RBI appoints a five-member committee to deepen digital payments
The central bank has appointed 5-member committee under the chairmanship of Nandan Nilekani to further deepen digital payments and enhance financial inclusion through Fintech said by Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Governor Shaktikanta Das.
Reserve Bank of India (RBI) appointed a five-member committee under the chairmanship of Nandan Nilekani to strengthen digital payments.
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) appointed 5-member committee under the chairmanship of Nandan Nilekani to strengthen digital payments as well as to boost financial inclusion through Financial Technology.
- The purpose of the event is to shape India’s predominance in FinTech, build the future strategy and policy to uplift the financial inclusion.
NATIONAL/INTERNATIONAL CURRENT AFFAIRS
E bay company joined hands with Google to allow its users to pay via Google Pay
- US-based e-commerce platform eBay has partnered with Google to offer a form of payment option in Google Pay as its new “managed payments”
- The collaboration will enhance customer experience tailored to their personal preferences. The partnership will enable customers with Google Pay accounts to check out without leaving the platform. But it will only be available on products sold by sellers who are participating in the managed payments programme.
India ranks 76th on WEF global Energy Transition index
- India ranks 76th on a global energy transition index, compiled by Geneva-based World Economic Forum (WEF).
- This annual list has ranked 115 economies on how well they are able to balance energy security and access with environmental sustainability and affordability.
- Sweden remains on the top and is followed by Switzerland and Norway in the top three.
Jet Airways founder Naresh Goyal resigned his position
- Jet Airways Founders Naresh Goyal and wife Anita Goyal have stepped down from the board of the cash-strapped airline. With this, Naresh Goyal ceases to be Chairman. Director Kevin Knight has also resigned.
- The board has accepted their resignations. The board also approved the issue of 11.4 crore equity shares to the lenders upon conversion of Re 1 of the outstanding debt.
AIBA President Gafur Rahimov resigns
- The Amateur International Boxing Federation (AIBA) President Gafur Rahimov announced his resignation.
- Rahimov will be replaced by an interim president. He was elected in November 2018. Treasury Department’s sanctions list “for providing material support” to a criminal organization.
Paralympics high jumper Girish Gowda named as Ambassador of Karnataka LS Elections
- Silver Medalist in Paralympic high jump, Girish Gowda has been appointed as the ambassador of Karnataka Lok Sabha Elections 2019.
- He represented India in men’s high jump F-42 category during 2012 Summer Paralympics games held in London, where he clinched the silver medal. He became the first Indian to win a medal in this category.
Chandrayaan 2 to carry NASA’s laser retroreflector arrays
India’s lunar mission Chandrayaan 2 will carry NASA’s laser instruments. Chandrayaan 2 is to be launched in the month of April.
President Kovind honored with highest civilian order in Croatia
- President Ram Nath Kovind was honored with Croatia’s highest civilian award — the Grand Order of the King of Tomislav, by President Kolinda Grabar-Kitarovic.
- He was awarded for his “exceptional contribution to the advancement of relations and development of mutual cooperation between two countries.
- He is the first Indian President to visit Croatia, is currently on a three-country trip from March 25 to April 4.
Norway gets world’s first wireless charging station for taxis
- Norway’s capital Oslo will become the world’s first wireless charging station for taxis, hoping to make recharging quick and efficient enough to speed the takeup of non-polluting cabs.
- From 2023 onward all taxis in Oslo will have to be zero emission and Norway wants all new cars to be zero emission by 2025.
Suresh Raina becomes the first cricketer to score 5,000 runs in IPL history
Chennai Super Kings’ Suresh Raina has become the first ever cricketer to reach 5,000 runs in Indian Premier League (IPL). He reached the landmark in the opening match of the 12th edition of the IPL against RCB (Royal Challengers Bangalore).
Conor McGregor announces retirement from MMA
- Conor Mcgregor, the Irish UFC star, announced his retirement from Mixed Martial Arts (MMA).McGregor, the former two-division UFC champion, last fought at UFC 229 in October, falling in a lightweight title fight to Khabib Nurmagomedov by fourth-round submission.2aqw
- He was suspended and fined by the Nevada Athletic Commission (NAC) after that fight for his alleged role in a post-bout scuffle.
Nikki Bella announces retirement from WWE
- Actress-wrestler Nikki Bella has announced her retirement from the 35-year-old now happily wants to put her WWE jersey away to focus on other things.
- Bella made her WWE debut back in 2007.
Rafi Eitan, Mossad spy involved in capturing Eichmann passes away
- Rafi Eitan, the legendary Israeli spy who led the operation to capture the architect of the Holocaust, Adolf Eichmann, has passed away aged 92.
- He was the founders of Israel’s revered intelligence agencies.
- In 1960, Eitan led the Mossad operation to capture Eichmann in Argentina and bring him to trial in Jerusalem