26th February 2019 Daily Current Affairs: Dear Students, Here is 26th February 2019 Daily important Current Affairs. We are providing you Today’s Important Current Affairs, which have unique updates of all daily events from all newspapers. It helps you for SSC, Railway, State PSU & all competitive exams. Happy Reading……
NBT appoints Govind Prasad Sharma as Chairman
- The National Book Trust (NBT) has appointed educationist and author Govind Prasad Sharma as its new Chairman.NBT, an autonomous organization under the Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development, was previously chaired by Baldeo Sharma since 2015.
- Sharma also served as Vice Chairman of Madhya Pradesh Board of Secondary Education.
India destroys Jaish-e-Mohammeds biggest camp in Pakistan
Indian government confirmed that Indian Air Force (IAF) jets destroyed the biggest training camp of Jaish-e-Mohammed (JeM) in Pakistan’s Balakot in the strike carried out by 12 Mirage 2000 fighter jets.
IAF dropped around 1,000 kg bombs on JeM terror camps across the Line of Control (LoC) in Muzaffarabad sector on February 26, 2019. The IAF carried out the successful operation 12 days after Pulwama attack, in which 40 soldiers were martyred.
ONGC Rajahmundry wins environmental excellence award
Oil and Natural Gas Corporation(ONGC)’s Rajahmundry unit won the Energy and Environment Foundation Global Clean Awards-2019 for sustained efforts in pursuit of Swachh Bharat Mission as envisioned by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, at a function in New Delhi.
Indian passport improves its ranking on the global index, jumps 10 ranks in 5 years
- The Passport Index of 2019, which ranks almost 199 countries in the world based on their Visa-Free Scores and their ranking according to the UNDP human development index, shows that Indian passport has steadily strengthened in a period of 5 years from rank 77 in 2015 to 67 in 2019. In the year 2018, it was 1 point higher with 68 ranks.
- Ranked No.1: UAE, 1st/167 countries.
Odisha: DRDO test fires new Surface to Air missile
India successfully tests fired a quick reaction surface to air missile (QRSAM) off the coast of Odisha. Two quick reaction surface missile was tested by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO). The missile is being developed by DRDO for the Indian Army.
- The NGARMwas fired from a Su-30 aircraft successfully at a radar station and it took out its target successfully.
Relief to e-wallets: RBI extends KYC compliance norms by six months
In a relief to e-wallet companies, the Reserve Bank of India extended by six months the deadline for compliance with Know Your Customer (KYC) norms, for prepaid payment instrument (PPI) issuers.
Gandhi Peace Prize
President Ramnath Kovind gave away the Gandhi Peace Prize for four years from 2015 to 2018.
2015-Vivekananda Kendra, Kanyakumari, got the award for their contribution to rural development, education, development of natural resources.
2018-Yohei Sasakawa, Japan, Goodwill Ambassador of the World Health Organisation for Leprosy Elimination for his role in leprosy eradication.
- FIA president Jean Todt was the chief guest and handed over the awards.
Grandmaster Gupta wins Cannes International Open Chess
Grandmaster Abhijeet Gupta won the Cannes International Open after taking an easy draw with Pier Luigi Basso of Italy in the ninth and final round that concluded recently.
Rashid Khan 1st bowler in T20I history to pick 4 wickets in 4 balls
Leg-spinner Rashid Khan became the first bowler to bag four wickets off successive deliveries in Twenty20 Internationals.
Rashid’s impressive bowling performance in the third and final game also helped Afghanistan sweep the T20I series against Ireland in Dehradun.
- Rashid became the seventh bowler in the T20I history to bag a hat-trick and in the process also completed his second five-wicket haul in the format.