25th February 2019 Daily Current Affairs: Dear Students, Here is 25th February 2019 Daily important Current Affairs. We are providing you Today’s Important Current Affairs, which have unique updates of all daily events from all newspapers. It helps you for SSC, Railway, State PSU & all competitive exams. Happy Reading……
State Governor Ayala Appointed Sudan’s Prime Ministers
Mohamed Tahir Ayala, governor of Gezira state, was appointed Sudan’s prime minister.
Saudi Arabia appoints a first female ambassador to the United States
She replaced Prince Khalid bin Salman, amid fallout over journalist Khashoggi’s murder. She has been a leading advocate of female empowerment in the kingdom
Kochi hosted 44th IAA global summit
International Advertising Association (IAA), the integrated association of advertising agencies and the media.
The three-day summit will see the participation of dignitaries from various fields and industries all over the world.
- Reliance Industries CMD Mukesh Ambani, Bollywood actor Amitabh Bachchan and spiritual leader Sri Sri Ravi Shankar will attend the summit. The theme of the 44th edition is ‘brand dharma’.
Rising India Summit 2019 held in New Delhi
News18, India’s largest news network, is coming up with the second edition of its marquee thought-leadership initiative-News18 Rising India Summit 2019. The event will be held in New Delhi.
Theme:-‘Beyond Politics: Defining National Priorities’
- The summit this year, held on a monumental scale, will bring together people of eminence and exceptional achievements, from various walks of life, to celebrate India’s successes and deliberate the future.
14th Agricultural Science Congress held in New Delhi
14th Agricultural Science Congress organized by the National Academy of Agricultural Science (NAAS) in association with the Indian Agricultural Research Institute and ICAR held in New Delhi.
Theme:- “Innovations for Agricultural Transformation”.
PM Modi inaugurates National War Memorial Near India Gate
- Prime Minister Prime Minister Narendra Modi inauguratedIndia’s National War Memorial adjoining the India Gate in New Delhi.
- Spread over 40 acres in the India Gate complex, he has been executed at a cost of Rs 176 crore and its design was selected through global competition.
- The names of 25,942battle casualties have been inscribed across 16 walls that consist of granite pieces bearing the name, rank, and regiment of the fallen heroes.
- The layout of the Memorial comprises 4 concentric circles :
Amar Chakra – Circle of Immortality
Veerta Chakra – Circle of Bravery s
Tyag Chakra – Circle of Sacrifice
Rakshak Chakra – Circle of Protection.
‘Rail Drishti Dashboard (e-Drishti)‘
- Railways Minister Piyush Goyal today launched the ‘Rail Drishti Dashboard (e-Drishti)’, an online portal containing information related to passenger and freight trains and links to live feeds of IRCTC kitchens.
- The Dashboard has been launched to keep people informed about the work going on in the Railways across the country.
The minister of state for health launched the National Action Plan
The minister of state for health launched the National Action Plan aimed at eliminating viral hepatitis, recognized as an important public health problem and to combat hepatitis and achieve countrywide elimination of Hepatitis C by 2030.
The minister of state for health launched the National Action Plan – Viral Hepatitis at Mumbai in presence of Amitabh Bachchan, the goodwill ambassador for hepatitis, WHO South-East Asia Region.
Himachal Pradesh today announced Monkey as Vermin
The government of Himachal Pradesh today announced Monkey as Vermin(Wild animals that are believed to be harmful to crops, farm animals, or game, or which carry disease ) for the period of one year in 11 districts of the state.
Sujalam Sufalam Jal Sanchay Abhiyan.
Gujarat government has launched the 2nd edition of the water conservation scheme Sujalam Sufalam Jal Sanchay Abhiyan.
The aim of this Scheme: To deepen water bodies in the state before monsoon to increase storage of rainwater to be used during times of scarcity.
The initiative was launched by Deloitte’s Global CEO, Punit Renjen in the presence of Dharmendra Pradhan, Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas and Skill Development and Entrepreneurship.
M.P. launched Mukhyamantri Yuva Swabhiman Yojana
The Madhya Pradesh government launched its flagship scheme ‘Mukhyamantri Yuva Swabhiman Yojana’.
It was launched by the Chief Minister Kamal Nath. This scheme guarantees 100 days of employment every year to urban youth from Economically Weaker Sections (EWS).
Saurabh Chaudhary smashed World Record in ISSF World Cup, secured India’s Olympic quota
The 16-year-old Indian Shooter Saurabh Chaudhary claimed the gold medal in the men’s 10m air pistol event with a world record score of 245.0 in the final at the season-opening International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF) event. In addition, he sealed a berth for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.
Oil Marketing Companies to engage 10,000 women as grassroots energy ambassadors in Odisha
In Odisha, Oil Marketing Companies will engage more than 10,000 rural women as ‘Ujjwala Didis’ to act as grassroots energy ambassadors across the state to ensure the sustainability of LPG use.
Ujjwala Didis will act as a bridge between existing and prospective LPG consumers and the distributors in the state.
Ghani flags off first Afghan cargo to India through Chabahar port
Afghanistan President Ashraf Ghani flagged off the first Afghan cargo from western Nimroz province that will be exported to India through Chabahar Port in Iran which was inaugurated in 2017.s
- The Chabahar port which provides an alternative route for trade between India and Afghanistan is located in Southeastern Iran, on the Gulf of Oman.
Veteran Kannada writer Ko Channabasappa passes away
Veteran freedom fighter and noted Kannada writer Ko Channabasappa passed away in M S Ramaiah hospital in Bengaluru.
He was the winner of Nadoja and Kannada Rajyotsava Awards.
- Born in Kudligi in Ballari District he had participated in Quit India movement during his school days and had been jailed several time.