24th March 2019 Daily Current Affairs: Dear Students, Here is 24th March 2019 Daily important Current Affairs. We are providing you Today’s Important Current Affairs, which have unique updates of all daily events from all newspapers. It helps you for SSC, Railway, State PSU & all competitive exams. Happy Reading……
Paralympic high jumper Girish Gowda appointed as new election ambassador for Karnataka
- Girish N. Gowda, he is a Paralympic high jumper as the election ambassador of the Karnataka. A decision in this regard was announced by the state election commissioner Sanjeev Kumar.
- The appointment of the Gowda as the election ambassador will help the commission to motivate the people with special needs to exercise their right in a large number.
NATIONAL / INTERNATIONAL NEWS
Italy becomes first G7 nation to join China’s BRI
- Italy joined China’s signature foreign policy Belt and Road initiative (BRI),it is the first G7 country to officially do so. China and Italy also a Memorandum of Understanding in this regard.
- The Belt and Road Initiative (BRI), also known as the One Belt One Road (OBOR) or the Silk Road.
Facebook Announces Artificial Intelligence for Social Good Summit
- The power of Artificial Intelligence (AI) to deliver social good, Facebook has announced its inaugural ‘AI for India Summit’focused on discussing inclusive growth and solutions to the most enduring social challenges.
- The Summit will bring together key representatives from the AI community in India such as policymakers, start-ups, and the developer community.
RBI Governor called for permanent status to Finance Commission
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) governor Shaktikanta Das called for permanent status to Finance Commission.
- The permanent status will also provide for continuity between the successive finance commissions.
- This planning is to address the socio-economic challenges without diluting the goals of fiscal consolidation
WHO panel calls for a registry of all human gene-editing research
- World Health Organization experts said it would be irresponsible for any scientist to conduct human gene-editing studies in people, and a central registry of research plans should be set up to ensure transparency.
Raina becomes first player to score 5,000 IPL runs
- Suresh Raina the Chennai Super Kings’ (CSK) batsman became the first in the Indian Premier League (IPL) history to amass 5,000 runs.
- Raina is followed by India skipper Virat Kohli, who has 4,954 runs from 164 games, containing four hundred and 34 fifties.
China wins 2019 badminton Asia mixed team trophy
- China won the 2019 badminton Asia mixed team championships 3-2 in the final in Hong Kong by defeating Japan. China took the lead 1-0 after He Jiting and Du Yue overcame Japanese pair Yuta Watanabe and Arisa Higashino in the mixed doubles.
- In the women’s doubles, Li Yinhui and Du Fu sealed the win for China by beating Ayako Sakuramoto and Yukiko Takahata.
Former world number 6 badminton player Joachim Persson banned over match-fixing
- Denmark’s Joachim Persson has been banned for ighteenth months for offences linked to betting and match-fixing. The 36-year-old former world number six was found guilty of “four violations of the code of conduct in relation to betting, wagering and irregular match results”.
- The violations include failing to disclose details of an approach and not cooperating fully with investigations conducted by the Badminton World Federation.
Badminton World Federation Headquarters: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
BOOKS & AUTHORS
Book ‘Every Vote Counts’ authored by Navin Chawla released
- Former Chief Election Commissioner of India Navin Chawla’s latest book ‘Every Vote Counts’, was launched at New Delhi’s Taj Mahal Hotel on Man Singh Road. Navin Chawla’s book was launched by former Vice President of India, Hamid Ansari.
- The book published by HarperCollins India. Every Vote Counts is a fascinating, informative account that gives us a kaleidoscopic view of how the electoral machinery works in the worlds largest democracy.
Awards & Honors
Leeladhar Jagudi will be honored with the Vyas Samman 2018
- Hindi writer Leeladhar Jagudi honored with Vyas Samman 2018 for his collection of poems ‘Jitne Log Utne Prem’.
- He was awarded Padma Shri in 2004. Other awards also awarded, Sahitya Akademi Award, Akashvani National Award and Uttarakhand Gaurav Samman.
- Vyas Samman: The award is given annually to outstanding literary work in Hindi authored by Indian citizen which has been published in the last decade. It was started in 1991 by the KK Birla Foundation. It carries a monetary amount of Rs. 4 lakh.
The 64th Filmfare Awards 2019
- The 64th Filmfare Awards 2019 ceremony was held at Jio Garden, BKC, Mumbai. The ceremony was hosted by Bollywood actors Shah Rukh Khan, Rajkumar Rao and Vicky Kaushal.
- Alia Bhatt won the Best Actress award for her role in ‘Raazi’.
- Ranbir Kapoor was named the Best Actor for portraying Sanjay Dutt in ‘Sanju’.
Former Punjab MLA Balwant Singh passes away
- Former Rajpura MLA professor Balwant Singh passed away at a hospital in Chandigarh. He was 82.
- He remained active in party activities and helped in the formation of trade unions in Rajpura.