24th February 2019 Daily Current Affairs: Dear Students, Here is 24th February 2019 Daily important Current Affairs. We are providing you Today’s Important Current Affairs, which have unique updates of all daily events from all newspapers. It helps you for SSC, Railway, State PSU & all competitive exams. Happy Reading……
Central Excise Day:
24th February is celebrated as Central Excise Day.
This day is observed to encourage the employees of excise department to carry out the central excise duty all over India in a better way in order to prevent.
- Saudi Arabia has named Princess Reema bint Bandar as its 1st female ambassador to the United States.
- Bollywood Actress Kareena Kapoor Khan has been appointed as the Ambassador of Swasth Immunised India campaign.
The Swasth Immunised India campaign has been launched by Serum Institute of India (SII) and Network 18.
- BFI President Ajay Singh appointed as the head of AIBA Elite Foundation
He has been elected to the post for a tenure of four years.
Chennai to host ‘Science at Sabha’
The fourth edition of ‘Science at the Sabha’, organized by The Institute of Mathematical Sciences, will be held in Chennai.
The event-like feature talks on topics like “Traffic rules in neurons” by Sandhya Koushika, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Mumbai; “Untwisting the twisted matter” by Vijay Shenoy.
Odisha launches boat ambulance
The Odisha government has launched a Boat Ambulance Service to ferry patients to hospitals in remote areas. The project, which costs around ₹ 5.40 crore includes six boat ambulances and 60 jetties with a walkway.
The first boat ambulance was launched at Batighar in the Kendrapara district.
People would use boats to cross water bodies to be picked up by 108 or 102 ambulances.
Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi scheme in Gorakhpur
Prime MinisterNarendra Modi launched the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN) scheme in Gorakhpur.
- PM-KISAN scheme, announced in the interim Budget, released earlier this month will provide Rs 6,000 per year to small and marginal farmer families having combined land holding/ownership of up to 2 hectares. The amount will be given in3 installments of Rs 2,000 each.
Bihar 1st state to deploy dog squad to check liquor smuggling
- Bihar has become the 1st state in the country.
Awards & Honors
“Global Future of Nature Award” 2019
- Dr. Divya Karnad, Assistant Professor of Environmental Studies at Ashoka University received the prestigious Future For Nature 2019 Award.
The aim of AWG: To provide an innovative solution to meet the ever-increasing need for drinking water worldwide.
- Player of the Year Award
Indian hockey player skipper Manpreet Singh was named as the Male Player of the Year 2018 by the Asian Hockey Federation.
The Indian Men’s team was awarded the Best Performance of The Year after being the only Asian side to reach the World Cup’s top-eight in Bhubaneswar.
- Commonwealth Games 2014 gold medallist Apurvi Chandela broke the women’s 10m Air Rifle category world record to clinch India’s first gold medal at the New Delhi World Cup today.
- Shooter Saurabh Chaudhary won the Gold medal in Men’s 10m Air Pistol event at ISSF World Cup in New Delhi with a world record score of 245 points in the final.
- Saurabh wins gold at shooting World Cup
Indian shooter Saurabh Chaudhary won gold in the men’s 10-meter air pistol category at the ISSF World Cup in New Delhi. In the final.
- Apurvi Chandela had taken the first gold for India when she won the title in the women’s 10m air rifle category.
NIIT collaborated with Microsoft to accelerate cloudification
NIIT Technologies has announced a global collaboration with Microsoft, to accelerate the ‘cloudification’ of its enterprise clients.
Global Business Summit held in New Delhi
The Global Business Summit can be the Davos of the East, said Vineet Jain, Managing Director of the Times group in the welcome.
GST on affordable housing properties reduced to 1 percent
The Goods and Services Tax (GST) on affordable housing properties without input tax credit (ITC) has been reduced to one percent, while effective GST of 5 percent shall be applicable without ITC on residential properties outside affordable segment, as was decided by the GST Council at its 33rd meeting. The new rate will be effective from April 1, 2019.
TN becomes the first state in the mainland to get 2nd Coast Guard district.
Tamil Nadu became the first state in the country to get a second Coast Guard district headquarters – Thoothukudi.
- The first district headquarters in Chennai. Inaugurated by state Governor Banwarilal Purohit, the Thoothukudi district headquarters has been set up with an aim to augment security mechanism on the eastern coast and the state in particular.