23rd March 2019 Daily Current Affairs: Dear Students, Here are 23rd March 2019 Daily important Current Affairs. we are providing you Today’s Important Current Affairs, which have unique updates of all daily events from all newspapers. It helps you for SSC, Railway, State PSU & all competitive exams. Happy Reading……
- Martyrs day in India is celebrated on 23rd March to pay homage to the victims who fought for the freedom, welfare and progress of India and sacrificed their lives.
- 2019, On 23 March, India celebrated 88th Shaheed Diwas (Martyrs’ Day) in the memories of three freedom fighters Bhagat Singh, Rajguru and Sukhdev, who were hanged to death on this day in Lahore Central Jail in 1931. The day is also known as Shaheed Diwas.
World Tuberculosis Day
- World TB Day observed on 24 March every year, is designed to raise public awareness regarding the epidemic of TB (tuberculosis) and efforts of eliminating the disease.
- The theme for World TB Day 2019 will be ‘It’s TIME’.
World Meteorological Day
- World Meteorological Day is celebrated every year on 23 March to commemorate the entry into force in 1950 of the convention that created the World Meteorological Organization.
- The theme of the World Meteorological Day 2019: ‘The Sun, the Earth and the Weather’.
Aamir Khan Appointed as PhonePe’s Brand Ambassador
- PhonePe, India’s fastest growing payments platform announced appointed of Bollywood superstar Aamir Khan as it is Brand Ambassador.
- TV ads and his mass appeal as a national icon will help PhonePe create awareness about the benefits of digital payments for users across India.
Nepal: India-funded Siddheshwar Education Public Campus inaugurated
- The campus building for Siddheshwar Education Public Campus of Ramechhap district’s Bamti Bhandar was inaugurated in a public function organized jointly by the District Coordination Committee and Campus Management Committee.
- The new infrastructure constructed with the Indian Government’s grant assistance of NRs 50 million.
Xiaomi Launches Mi-Pay, UPI-Based Payments App in India
- Xiaomi launched Mi-Pay, it is very own Unified Payments Interface (UPI) based payments service in India. .
- The Chinese electronics company partnered with National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) who approved it and ICICI Bank to launch the app in India.
Forty animals to be rescued from Gaza zoo
- Forty animals are to be rescued from squalid conditions in the Gaza Strip, Palestinian.
- Among the other animals to be taken out were lion, hyena, monkeys, wolves, and porcupines.
India-Pakistan war hero, Captain M.N. Samant died aged 89 years
- Captain Mohan Narayan Rao Samant of the Indian Navy, a 1971 India-Pakistan war hero, who was honoured by Bangladesh as a ‘Friend of Liberation War’, has passed away at the age of 89.