23rd February 2019 Daily Current Affairs: Dear Students, Here is 23rd February 2019 Daily important Current Affairs. We are providing you Today’s Important Current Affairs, which have unique updates of all daily events from all newspapers. It helps you for SSC, Railway, State PSU & all competitive exams. Happy Reading……
- The 46th Session of the Council of Foreign Ministers of the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) will be held in Abu Dhabi during 1st & 2nd March 2019.
- External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj will be the Guest of Honour and address the inaugural plenary.
- The Odisha Cabinet today approved the ‘Khushi’ scheme to provide free sanitary napkins to school girls across the state.
The scheme will benefit nearly 17.25 lakh school girls from Class VI to XII studying in government and government-aided schools.
The state government will spend ₹466 crore over a period of five years to implement the scheme.
- The 8th World CSR Congress was recently held in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
It was attended by participants from 33 countries to encourage the efforts of individuals and organizations.
The World CSR Congress this year focussed on the integration of Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in corporate strategies, innovation, and strategic alliances.
The theme of World CSR Congress 2019: ‘Sustainable Development Goals(SDGs)’ to focus on corporate strategies, innovation, and strategic alliances.
- West Bengal Government has set up a separate Directorate to deal with the cases of tax evasions.
The headquarters of the Directorate will be situated at Kolkata and will have 7 branch offices in the Districts.
- Elon Musk-led aerospace startup SpaceX today deployed Israel’s 1st Moon lander mission aboard its Falcon 9 rocket.
‘Beresheet’ (Hebrew for ‘in the beginning’) is set to land on the Moon on April 11. This is the world’s 1st such fully-private mission. If successful, Israel will become only the 4th nation to have achieved a controlled touchdown on the Moon.
Awards & Honors
- Badminton player P V Sindhu has become the 1st woman to fly in made-in-India Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Tejas.
She co-piloted the aircraft as part of the Women’s Day observed at Aero India 2019 show in Bengaluru today.
- US President Donald Trump has nominated Kelly Craft, currently the US envoy to Canada, as the country’s next ambassador to the United Nations (UN).
Mithi Kranti Yojna
- A new scheme launched in the Jharkhand named as Mithi Kranti Yojna in which the government has given approval for the scheme of 100 crores for the launch of the sweet revolution.
- In the first phase, after giving training to the state government 1207 farmers, they are now giving a unit of rupees one lakh rupees for beekeeping. It is giving a grant of 80 thousand rupees, while you will get a payment of 20 thousand rupees. In this way, a farmer can earn Rs. 1 lakh 30 thousand annually by investing 20 thousand rupees
BCCI to request ICC to ban Pakistan from World Cup
World Cup 2019 will kick-off in England and Wales from May 30th and India Cricket team is scheduled to face Pakistan on June 16 at Old Trafford in Manchester.
Supreme Court exempted Saridon from the list of Banned Drugs
In September 2018, the government had banned 328 FDCs, which were termed ‘irrational’ on the basis of safety issues and lack of therapeutic justification