22nd February 2019 Daily Current Affairs

22nd February 2019 Daily Current Affairs: Dear Students, Here is 22nd February 2019 Daily important Current Affairs. We are providing you Today’s Important Current Affairs, which have unique updates of all daily events from all newspapers. It helps you for SSC, Railway, State PSU & all competitive exams. Happy Reading……

Appointment

  • Paytm Money, the wealth management arm of fintech startup Paytm, has appointed Suresh Vasudevan as its Chief Technology Officer (CTO).
  • The Supreme Court today appointed Indian Army’s former Master-General of Ordnance (MGO), Lt General Ravi Thodge as the 3rd member of the Vinod Rai-led Committee of Administrators, which is overseeing BCCI’s affairs.
  • The 1st Lok Ayukta of Nagaland, Justice Uma Nath Singh, took the oath of office today. Nagaland Governor PB Acharya administered the oath to him at a function held at Raj Bhavan.

International Conference ENCO-2019 held in New Delhi

  • The 3-day conference aims to deliberate and identify the R&D needs to innovate new techniques, technologies, and applications for clean, safe, symbiotic sustenance of society, environment, energy, and industries in the post-2020 era.

5th meeting of Island Development Agency in New Delhi

Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh chaired the fifth meeting of the Island Development Agency (IDA).

India decides to stop water to Pakistan

  • Water Resources Minister Nitin Gadkari today announced that the government has decided to stop the flow of its share of water.
  • Indus Waters Treaty was signed in 1960 by ex-PM Jawaharlal Nehru and Pakistan exPresident Ayub Khan.
  • India was given control of Ravi, Beas, and Sutlej while Pakistan was allocated Jhelum, Chenab, and Indus.  Of the six Indus basin rivers, India’s share of water is about 20%, from which it utilizes nearly 95% and the rest 5% goes to Pakistan.

World’s first AI female news anchor unveiled in China

  • Xiaomeng will debut in March during the upcoming Two Sessions meetings, the annual Parliamentary meetings held in China.

Saudi Arabia becomes 73rd country to join ISA

  • The signing of the agreement took place after a bilateral meeting between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Saudi Arabian Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman.

PM Inaugurates Two Cancer Hospitals in Varanasi

  • Ram Naik, Governor of UP, Yogi Adityanath, CM of UP and other dignitaries were present on the occasion. PM also dedicated firstNew Bhabhatron with precision technology, to the nation.

Kerala CM inaugurates India’s first humanoid police robot

  • Powered by Al along with a range of sensors gathering information of the surroundings, KP-bot can work alongside human beings seamlessly.

Waste to Wonder Park inaugurated in Delhi

Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh inaugurated a new park which houses the replicas of seven wonders of the world at Sarai Kale Khan in New Delhi.

  • It is the first-of-its-kind tourist attraction in the world, with the replicas of the Taj Mahal, the Great Pyramid of Giza, Eiffel Tower, Leaning Tower of Pisa, Christ the Redeemer statue of Rio de Janeiro, Rome’s Colosseum, and the Statute of Liberty which was opened for the public at the inauguration.

Month-long ‘Festival of India’ begins in Nepal

  • The festival began here with a musical drama on the life of Lord Buddha. Sanskrit conference, dance, food festival, and other cultural programs will also be held during the festival.

Israel launches historic Moon mission

Israel successfully launched its first privately-funded Moon lander from Florida in the US, becoming only the fourth nation to make a landing on the lunar surface. The lander, Beresheet, atop a SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket, was launched from Cape Canaveral Air Force Station. 

  • Beresheet, a $100 million project, was developed by Israel’s non-profit SpaceILand its partners.

Meituan-Dianping Named the World’s Most Innovative Company by Fast Company

  • The rankings are based on the “profound impact.
  • Two Pakistani shooters, G M Bashir, and Khalil Ahmed were not issued visas in the wake of last week’s Pulwama terrorist attack.

 Law ministry launched Nyaya Bandhu, a mobile application.

  • It deals with the management of the legal affairs, legislative activities and administration of justice in India

How useful was this post?

Click on a star to rate it!

Average rating 0 / 5. Vote count: 0

No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.

Leave a Comment

Copy link