21st March 2019 Daily Current Affairs: Dear Students, Here is 21st March 2019 Daily important Current Affairs. We are providing you Today’s Important Current Affairs, which have unique updates of all daily events from all newspapers. It helps you for SSC, Railway, State PSU & all competitive exams. Happy Reading……
International Day of Forests
- 21 March observed as the International Day of Forests (IDF). it awareness of the importance of all types of forests.
- On each International Day of Forests, countries are encouraged to undertake local, national and international efforts to organize activities involving forests and trees, such as tree planting campaigns.
- The theme for 2019 is “Forests and Education”.
World Poetry Day
- World Poetry Day is being observed on 21st March.
- This day was declared by UNESCO (the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization) in 1999 to promote the reading, writing, publishing, and teaching of poetry throughout the world.
World Down Syndrome Day
- World Down Syndrome Day is being observed on 21st International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination is being observed across the world today.
- Theme: “Mitigating and countering rising nationalist populism and extreme supremacist ideologies”.
Sudin Dhavalikar, Vijay Sardesai Appointed Goa Deputy CMs
- Sudin Dhavalikar and Vijai Sardesai were appointed deputy chief ministers in the BJP led government in Goa. The development came soon after Chief Minister Pramod Sawant proved the majority of his two-day-old government in the state Assembly floor test without any hiccups.
- Dhavalikar and Sardesai, who representMaharashtrawadi Gomantak Party and Goa Forward Party respectively, were sworn in as ministers along with Sawant.
EC appoints Shailendra Handa & Madhu Mahajan as Special Expenditure Observers
- Election Commission has appointed two member Shailendra Handa and Ms Madhu Mahajan as Special Expenditure Observers for the upcoming Lok Sabha Elections. Shailendra Handa has been deployed in Maharashtra and Madhu Mahajan has been deployed in Tamil Nadu.
- The Special Observers will supervise and monitor the work being done by the electoral machinery.
Brazilian astronomer Marcelo Gleiser wins 2019 Templeton Prize
- Brazilian physicist and astronomer Marcelo Gleiserhas been awarded the 2019 Templeton Prize, worth $1.4m, for his work blending science and spirituality.
- Gleiser is the first Latin American to win the award, which honors “a living person who has made an exceptional contribution to affirming life’s spiritual dimension”.
Political psychoanalyst Ashis Nandy honoured with Hans Kilian Award
- Sociologist and political psychoanalyst Ashis Nandy was named the recipient of Hans Kilian Award for the year 2019. He was chosen for his efforts to adapt western traditions of thought such as psychoanalysis to non-western context.
- He is an internationally renowned political psychologist, social theorist, and critic from India.
INTERNATIONAL/NATIONAL CURRENT AFFAIRS
Piyush Goyal among seven Indians in ‘World’s 100 Most Influential People in Climate Policy for 2019’
- Piyush Goyal has led the fast track electrification of nearly 18,000 unelectrified villages while Harsh Vardhan launched the anti-plastic bag campaign in Delhi and the “Green Shopper Campaign”, which promotes business partnerships with manufacturing of environment-friendly products.
- Mukta Tilak, Jyoti Kirit Parikh, Sunita Narain, Vandana Shiva, Upendra Tripathy & Varshini Prakash were among other people.
SAIL launched Smart Garbage Bins
- Steel Authority of India Ltd (SAIL) has launched smart garbage bins made of stainless steel which integrates technology for smart waste management.
- Smart Garbage Bins The IOT (Internet of Things) enabled Gazelle sensors Smart Garbage Bins will send signals to the garbage collection vehicle about the ‘fill-up’ position of the bin. This provides for better cleaning and lower human intervention.
Kazakhstan renames capital Astana as ‘Nursultan’ after ex-President
- Kazakhstan’s Parliament has voted to rename the country’s capital Astana as ‘Nursultan’, in honour of former President Nursultan Nazarbayev.
- Kazakhstan’s new President Kassym-Jomart Tokayev had proposed the move to rename the capital in honour of Nazarbayev, who announced his resignation on March 19 after 30 years in power. Nazarbayev’s daughter, Dariga, was elected speaker of the Senate
India ranked 140th in the happiest country in the world 2019 list
- India has been ranked 140 out of 156 countries in the United Nations’ World Happiness Report 2019, dropping 7 positions from last on UN World Happiness Report- 2019. The report was released by the Sustainable Development Solutions Network for the United Nations on March 20.
- Finland has been ranked as the happiest country in the world 2019 for the second year in succession.
Italy to join China’s Belt and Road Initiative
- Italian Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte pledged to make Italy the first Group of Seven nation to join China’s ambitious Belt and Road initiative (BRI).
- This move will help rebalance Italy’s trade with the Asian nation. Four Italian ports could reportedly be opened to Chinese investments for BRI. The US has warned Italy against joining the Chinese initiative.
Former SC judge Satya Brata Singh passes away
Former Supreme Court judge Justice Satya Brata Sinha passed away following age-related ailments. Justice Sinha, 75, was appointed as a judge of the apex court in 2002 and he retired in 2009.