21st February 2019 Daily Current Affairs: Dear Students, Here is 21st February 2019 Daily important Current Affairs. We are providing you Today’s Important Current Affairs, which have unique updates of all daily events from all newspapers. It helps you for SSC, Railway, State PSU & all competitive exams. Happy Reading……
International Mother Language Day
International Mother Language Day is observed on February 21 around the world.
UNESCO has been celebrating International Mother Language Day to promote mother tongue-based multilingual education.
It’s a day to celebrate linguistic and cultural diversity. The world has more than 7,000 languages and the multilingualism is celebrated through this day.
- The theme of this year’s International Mother Language Day will be indigenous languages as a factor in development, peace, and reconciliation.
Modi unveils Gandhi’s bust at South Korean university
Prime Minister Narendra Modi unveiled the bust of Mahatma Gandhi in South Korea’s premier Yonsei University.
- Modi is on a two-day state visit to South Korea where he will accept the Seoul Peace Prize and have a business and political engagements. He will also address the India-Korea business symposium.
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath launched Scheme for Adolescent Girls (SAG) today.
The state government also decided to observe Adolescent girls day on 8th of every month at Anganwadi centers across the state.
4th India-ASEAN Expo summit begins in New Delhi
The 4th India ASEAN Expo Summit will bring Indian and ASEAN businesses together to work jointly towards integrating them into regional value chains, thereby promoting mutual trade and investment.
The flagship event of the Department of Commerce, being organized with industry body FICCI from February 21 to 23 in New Delhi.
- More than 200 exhibitors and 100 buyers from the ASEAN are expected to participate in the expo.
India Pharma 2019 & India Medical Device 2019 held in Bengaluru
The Department of Pharmaceuticals (DoP), Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers, Union Minister for Chemicals & Fertilizers and Statistics & Programme Implementation, Shri D. V. Sadananda Gowda inaugurated India Pharma 2019 & India Medical Device 2019 in Bengaluru.
International Vision Zero Conference’ held in Mumbai
Shri Heeralal Samariya, Secretary, Ministry of Labour and Employment inaugurated the three days Conference on the VISION ZERO and its relevance to Occupational Safety and Health in Mumbai.
- The concept of ‘Vision Zero’s fast gaining international acceptance and is expected to leverage the efforts of the Government of India to raise the occupational safety and health standards in the country so as to improve the occupational safety and health situation.
Government launches Operation Digital Board to provide better digital education in schools
- It will improve the quality of education and offer new opportunities and new ways of teaching and learning. It will convert the monologue classrooms into interactive ones.
Department of justice launches a tele-law mobile app, Nyaya Bandhu
Keeping in line with the government’s initiative to ensure empowerment to the common man through technology for access to justice, the law minister Ravi Shankar Prasad launched a tele-law mobile application that is integrated with a dashboard and an application called Nyaya Bandhu.
- OFB gets clearance for producing 114 long-range artillery gun Dhanush
The Ordnance Factory Board (OFB) has received a bulk production clearance from the Indian Army and the Defence Ministry for production of 114 ‘Dhanush, artillery guns. ‘Dhanush’ is the first long-range artillery gun to be produced in India and it is a major success story of the ‘Make in India’ initiative.
- The gun is equipped with an inertial navigation-based sighting system, auto-laying facility, onboard ballistic computation and an advanced day and night direct firing system. The self-propulsion unit allows the gun to negotiate and deploy itself in mountainous terrains with ease.
Commerce Minister Launched ‘SWAYATT’ on GeM
Union Commerce and Industry Minister Suresh Prabhu launched SWAYATT on Government e-Marketplace (GeM) and reiterated the need to support and strengthen such initiatives and enterprises which constitute the backbone of the Indian economy.
- SWAYATTis an initiative to promote Start-ups, Women and Youth Advantage Through eTransactions on Government e-Marketplace (GeM). This will bring together the key stakeholders within the Indian entrepreneurial ecosystem to Government e-Marketplace the national procurement portal.
Dwarka to house India’s first hi-tech forensic lab
Boosting the country’s efforts in tackling cybercrime, Union home minister Rajnath Singh and LG Anil Baijal inaugurated the state-of-the-art National Cyber Forensic Lab and Delhi Police’s cybercrime unit ‘CyPAD’ at Dwarka Sector 16.
- The lab, to be accessed by Delhi Police’s Cyber Cell, will have a dedicated training and open-source analytic cell that will monitor social media profiles of suspects to identify them.
Bandicoot, a drainage-cleaning robot introduced in Chennai
Bandicoot, a drainage-cleaning robot, has been introduced for the first time in India at the Kumbakonam city corporation as part of efforts to rid of manual scavenging at the cost of Rs 18 lakh in Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
- It is a semi-automatic robot can enter manholes for cleaning sewage lines with its robotic arm and is equipped with 5 night-vision cameras to relay the scenario underneath. Drainage cleaning could be detected by viewing the blockages on the screen.
Odisha CM launches KALIA scholarship for farmers’ children
Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik unveiled a scholarship program for the children of the beneficiaries of the KALIA scheme. After taking steps towards transforming the economic standards of the farmers through Krushak Assistance for Livelihood and Income Augmentation (KALIA), the state government has come up with Kalia scholarship in order to ensure human resource development among the farming families across the state.
- The students can apply online on the co.in scholarship portal. The Kalia scholarship funds would be directly sent to the bank accounts of the eligible students through DBT.
EPFO hikes interest rate on the provident fund to 8.65 pc for 2018-19
The Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) recommended increasing interest rate for 2018-19 to 8.65 percent as compared to 8.55 percent in the previous year.
ICC bans Irfan Ansari for 10 years from all forms of cricket
Veteran coach Irfan Ansari has been banned from all forms of cricket for ten years after the International Cricket Council (ICC) Anti-Corruption Tribunal found him guilty of breaching three counts of the ICC Anti-Corruption Code.
- Ansari approached Pakistan captain Sarfaraz Ahmed during Pakistan series with Sri Lanka in the UAE in October 2017 with a view to engaging him in corrupt conduct by soliciting information from him.
Malaysia’s squash star Nicol David announces retirement
The 35-year-old Malaysian is the most successful woman squash player and spent an unprecedented nine years as world No. 1 between 2006 and 2015.
- David has won five British Open titles, two Commonwealth Games gold medals, five Asian Games gold medals and three World Games gold medals.
Former Supreme Court judge DK Jain appointed as BCCI ombudsman
The Supreme Court appointed its former judge, Justice DK Jain as the first ombudsman of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI).
He will be responsible for looking into the matter related to differences between the state cricket associations and the BCCI. The former judge will also look after the investigation in the controversy surrounding Hardik Pandya and KL Rahul.
Dr. Soumitro Chakraborty wins ‘CEO of the year’ award
Dr. Soumitro Chakraborty, Chief Executive Officer of Innovative Financial Advisors Pvt. Ltd.
The World CSR Congress this year focussed on the integration of Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in corporate strategies, innovation, and strategic alliances.
- The award recognizes Fiinovation’s exemplary work in the social development sector and noteworthy CSR and sustainability programs.