1st May 2019 Daily Current Affairs: Dear Students, Here is 1st May 2019 Daily important Current Affairs. We are providing you Important Current Affairs, which have unique updates of all daily events from all newspapers. It helps aspirants for SSC, Railway, State PSU & all competitive exams. Happy Reading……
International workers day/Labour Day:
International Worker’s Day or Labour Day is observed on 1st May every year, to promote and encourage international labour associations.
Labour Day 2019 Theme: “Sustainable Pension for all: The Role of Social Partners”.
- The states of Maharashtra and Gujarat were divided and given statehood under the Bombay.
Reorganisation Act on this day (1st May) in the year 1960.
Prime Minister of Israeli “Benjamin Netanyahu” was sworn-into country’s new Parliament today, three weeks after his victory in the national election.
NATIONAL & INTERNATIONAL CURRENT AFFAIRS
Odisha has issued a high alert in 12 districts in view of Cyclone Fani, which is likely to make landfall by Friday afternoon. The India Meteorological Department said Fani has “intensified into an extremely severe cyclonic storm.”
India ranks 4th in biggest military spender
India is the world’s fourth biggest military spender in 2018 by the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute’s (SIPRI) report. The United States topped the list and it is followed by China and Saudi Arabia.
Name: Stockholm International Peace Research Institute
Formed on: 6 May 1966
Headquarters: Solna, Sweden
CBSE announces new internal exams for class 10’s Mathematics and English paper
- CBSE announces new internal exams for class 10’s Mathematics and English paper exams in which 20 marks internal exam will be conducted by respective schools and 80 marks will be given to theory.
- It will be implemented from board 2020.
- CSBE called the move ‘learner-centric’ and said that the need for school-based ‘internal assessments’ is increasing.
US to withdraw from the U.N. Arms Trade Treaty
President of US Donald Trump stated that his administration is withdrawing the U.S. signature from the U.N. Arms Trade Treaty because of the UN arms trade treaty as misguided and an intrusion on US sovereignty.
Awards & Honors
6 grassroots environmental activists from around the world received prestigious Goldman
Environmental Prize 2019. They are :
- Alberto Curamil (Chile)
- Alfred Brownell (Liberia)
- Ana Colovic Lesoska (North Macedonia)
- Bayarjargal Agvaantseren (Mongolia)
- Jacqueline Evans (Cook Islands)
- Linda Garcia (US)
BCCI recommends Bumrah, Shami, Jadeja, Poonam for Arjuna Award 2019
Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) recommended four Indian cricketers – Mohammed Shami, Jasprit Bumrah, Ravindra Jadeja and Poonam Yadav – for the Arjuna Award 2019.
Claire Polosak became the first female umpire to officiate in a men’s ODI
Australia’s Claire Polosak will become the first female umpire to officiate in a men’s one-day international at the ICC World Cricket League Division 2.
She umpired in final between tournament hosts Namibia and Oman.
FWA Footballer of the year 2019
- 2019 footballer of the year by the Football Writers’ Association (FWA) is Raheem Sterling. The Manchester City and England forward topped the poll of the 400-strong FWA membership as a clear winner, with 62 per cent of the votes.
- Bajrang Punia becomes First Indian Wrestler to fight at New York Iconic Madison Square Garden
- Bajrang Punia becomes First Indian Wrestler to fight at Iconic Madison Square Garden to fight at the iconic Madison Square Garden in New York. Bajrang Punia will be up against two-time US national champion Yianni Diakomahlis at the “Grapple at the Garden — Beat the Streets” event.
Former US Judge Damon J Keith (96), a grandson of slaves and icon in the civil rights movement died today.
He even is a grandson of enslaved people, later became 6th African American in the U.S.