1st March 2019 Daily Current Affairs: Dear Students, Here is 1st March 2019 Daily important Current Affairs. We are providing you Today’s Important Current Affairs, which have unique updates of all daily events from all newspapers. It helps you for SSC, Railway, State PSU & all competitive exams. Happy Reading……
Zero Discrimination Day Today :
1st March is observed as Zero Discrimination Day.
This is an annual worldwide event that promotes diversity and recognizes that everyone counts. This day urges people to join together against discrimination and celebrate everyone’s right to live a full and productive life with dignity.
Theme:-‘Act to change laws that Discriminate’.
- Air Marshal R D Mathur assumed charge of the Eastern Air Command of the Indian Air Force, today at Shillong, as its Air Officer Commanding-in-Chief.
‘Mainamat Maitree Exercise 2019’
- Indian Border Security Force (BSF) and Border Guards Bangladesh (BGB) a 3-day ‘Mainamat Maitree Exercise 2019’ as a part of ‘Confidence Building Measures’ between the two border guards to plan and conduct anti-smuggling and anti-criminal activity related operations.
- Aim: Achieving better joint operational efficiency and border management in the area of responsibility of respective BSF and BGB Battalions participating in the joint exercise
- The exercise was named after a hill range situated 8 km west of Comilla township in Bangladesh, which is home to an ancient Buddhist archaeological site in the region.
Cabinet approves Jammu and Kashmir Reservation Amendment Ordinance, 2019
- The Cabinet has also approved an amendment to the Constitution (Application to Jammu and Kashmir) order 1954 by the way of Constitution (Application to Jammu & Kashmir) amendment order, 2019.
- This will provide 10 percent reservation for economically weaker sections (EWS), which includes Scheduled Castes (SC), Schedule Tribes (ST), in educational institutions and a government job in addition to the existing reservation in Jammu and Kashmir.
Indian-Origin Woman Noor Inayat Khan gets ‘Blue Plaque’ Honour
Britain’s World War II spy Noor Inayat Khan was confirmed as the first Indian-origin woman. The Blue Plaque scheme run by English Heritage honours notable people who lived or worked in particular buildings across London.
Ministry of Tribal Affairs launches Van Dhan schemes of Minimum Support Price for Minor Forest produces
Shri Jual Oram, Union Minister of Tribal Affairs launched the ambitious scheme of the Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Van Dhan, the scheme for Minimum Support Price (MSP) for Minor Forest Produce Scheme (MFP) and Development of Value Chain of MFPs.
- This programme promotes enterprise and marketing skills in tribals. Van Dhan scheme aims to take the share of the Minor Forest Produces to 70 to 80%.
- The Prime Minister of India launched the Van Dhan Scheme in Bijapur District of Chhattisgarh on 14th April, 2018.
Environment minister launches anthem on ‘plastic-free India’ in 7 languages
Union Minister Harsh Vardhan launched an anthem as a part of a campaign to make India plastic-free by 2022 and stressed on strengthening plastic waste management and recycling ecosystem in the country.
The ”Plastic Waste-Free India” has been an anthem, prepared and produced by Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya Smriti Manch (PDUSM), a non-profit organization which claims to be working on various social and environmental issues.
- The anthem has been launched in 7 languages- Hindi, Marathi, Gujarati, Tamil, Telegu, Malayalam and Kannada.
Haryana Govt. announces Mukhyamantri Parivar Samman Nidhi Yojana 2019
Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar announced the “Mukhyamantri Parivar Samman Nidhi” scheme for farmers of the state cultivating up to 5 acres of land and families having income less than Rs. 15,000 per month.
- Under the scheme, each beneficiary family would be eligible for financial assistance of 6,000 every year and each family will have to nominate a member to avail this benefit.
Gayle 1st batsman in the world to smash 500 sixes in international cricket
Windies’ 39-year-old opener Chris Gayle has become the first ever batsman to smash 500 sixes in international cricket and the second batsman to slam 300 ODI sixes.
Dutee Chand clinches gold in Indian Grand Prix-2
Asian Games silver medallist Dutee Chand ran in 200m women’s race to win her second gold medal in the Indian Grand Prix series 2019 at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium in New Delhi.
- The silver medal went to Anjali Devi of Haryana while Supriya Medal of Andhra Pradesh bagged the bronze medal.
MHRD launched STARS scheme on 28th February
The Union Human Resource Minister Prakash Javadekar launched the STARS scheme on National Science Day that is 28th February.
Under the scheme 500 science projects will be funded whose selection will be made based on competition.
- Main aim to provide industry apprenticeship opportunities to the general graduates exiting in April 2019 through the National Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme (NAPS) in New Delhi.
- HREYAS is a programme basket comprising the initiatives of 3 Central Ministries, which are: Ministry of Human Resource Development Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship Ministry of Labour & Employment
New railway zone, named Southern Coast Railway to be headquartered in Visakhapatnam
Railway Minister Piyush Goyal announced a new railway zone for Andhra Pradesh.
- The new railway zone-Southern Coast Railway, which will be headquartered in Visakhapatnam, will be the 18th zone in the country.
Awards & Honors
PM Modi confers Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prizes for Science & Tech for the years 2016, 2017 and 2018 in New Delhi.
It is awarded annually for notable and outstanding research, applied or fundamental, in Biological Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Earth, Atmosphere, Engineering Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, Medical Sciences, and Physical Sciences.
Winners:- A total of 11 scientists were given the Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize for the year 2016. The awardees include Dr. Rishikesh Narayan of Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru and Dr.
10 scientists got the prize for 2017. Some of them are, Dr Deepak Gaur of Jawaharlal Nehru University, Delhi and Dr S Suresh Babu of Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre.
13 prize winners for the year 2018. Some important names are : Dr Amit Kumar of IIT, Delhi and Dr Nitin Saxena, IIT, Kanpur.
Oscar-winning composer Andre Previn passes away
- Four-time Oscar-winning music composer Andre Previnpassed away. He was 89.