19th March 2019 Daily Current Affairs: Dear Students, Here is 19th March 2019 Daily important Current Affairs. We are providing you Today’s Important Current Affairs, which have unique updates of all daily events from all newspapers. It helps you for SSC, Railway, State PSU & all competitive exams. Happy Reading……
- ATMA acts as a key link between tire makers and the Centre, and assists in policy formulation on the sector. It regularly publishes industry data and brings out status notes on industry issues.
Hindi Writer Leeladhar Jagudi Will Be Honoured With The Vyas Samman 2018
- His famous works include Shankhmukhi Shikharo Par, Natak Jaari Hai, Raat Ab Bhi Maujood Hai, and Bhay Bhi Shakti Deta Hai.
Businessline Changemaker Awards 2019 Winners List :
- Changemaker Of The Year Award: Petitioners against Section 377.
- Iconic Changemaker Award: Bezwada Wilson (Safai Karmachari Andoloan).
- Social Transformation Award: The Kalinga Institute of Social Sciences.
- Digital Transformation Award : eNAM (Electronic National Agriculture Market).
- Young Changemaker Award: Anju Verma (promoting the education of underprivileged
- Young Changemaker Award: Kush and Arjun Pandey (developers of ScoutMe app for
- tapping football talent).
Venezuelan Capital Caracas Is The Cheapest City In The World: Cost Of Living 2019
- Zurich, Switzerland, was placed in the fourth position.
- The world’s cheapest cities include Caracas (Venezuela), Damascus (Syria), Tashkent (Uzbekistan), Almaty (Kazakhstan), Karachi (Pakistan), Lagos (Nigeria), Buenos Aires (Argentina) as well as the three Indian cities of Bengaluru, Chennai, and Delhi.
Africa-India joint field training exercise (AFINDEX-19) starts in Pune
- The inaugural Africa-India Field Training Exercise-2019 for India and African nations called AFINDEX-19 started with a grand opening ceremony at Aundh Military Station, Pune. Contingents of the 17 African Nations came together for the opening ceremony along with a contingent of Maratha Light Infantry representing India.
- The aim of the exercise is to practice the participating nations in planning and conduct of Humanitarian Mine Assistance and Peace Keeping Operations.
3rd Indo-Japan Workshop On Disaster Risk Reduction Held In New Delhi
- The 3rd Indo-Japan Workshop on Disaster Risk Reduction was held in New Delhi.
- It was inaugurated by P. K. Mishra, Additional Principal Secretary to the Prime Minister. The collaboration between cities, research institutions, and the private sector will also result in mutual benefit and long-term Disaster Risk Reduction.
An inter-ministerial panel set up by Govt for monitoring and sanctioning of projects under FAME-II program
- The government has constituted an inter-ministerial panel for monitoring, sanctioning and implementation of projects under the Rs 10,000-crore FAME-II program, aimed at incentivising clean mobility. The Rs 10,000-crore program under the second phase of the FAME India scheme will be implemented over a period of three years with effect from April 1, 2019.
India and Afghanistan signed an MoU to collaborate on Digital Education Initiatives
- The Ministry of Human Resource Development signed a memorandum of understanding with the Ministry of Higher Education, Afghanistan to work on Digital Education Initiatives that will include many programs developed by Indian Institutes of Technology.
- Sharing of Online Education Platform, named ‘Study Webs of Active Learning for Young Aspiring Minds’ (SWAYAM)developed by Government of India, facilitating the use of Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs)available in SWAYAM Platform by students and faculty of the educational institutions in Afghanistan.
Ola Signs MoU With Telangana To Implement Smart Traffic Solutions
Ola, one of the world’s largest ride-hailing platforms, signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Government of Telangana, to support their efforts towards strengthening the traffic infrastructure in Hyderabad city.
- Under the partnership, Ola shares intelligent insights that enable the Government to implement smart solutions to enhance the mobility experience in the city.
Indias Swachh Bharat Mission boosted by Microsoft Launched Project Sangam
· Microsoft announced that it has partnered with The Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) to promote its Project ‘Sangam’ which is developed to accelerate Swachh Bharat Mission (SBM) in India.
· It is one of the world’s largest Cleanliness Programme. About Microsoft Industry: Computer software Headquarters: Hyderabad, India Key people.
Assam gets digital awareness, launches i-help initiative to promote electoral literacy
- Assam launched an initiative ‘i-help’ to promote digital electoral literacy in the state launched in view of the forthcoming Lok Sabha polls.
- The ‘i-help’ is a joint initiative of the Office of the Chief Electoral Officer (CEO) and Common Service Centres (CSC) in Assam.
The joint military exercise, Sary Arka Antiterror 2019, to be held in Uzbekistan
- The Regional Anti-Terrorist Structure (RATS) of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) is a permanent organ which serves to promote cooperation of member states against three evils of terrorism, separatism, and extremism.
Asian wrestling championship was taken away from India, to be now held in Thailand
- The United World Wrestling (UWW) has taken away the hosting rights from India for the junior Asian Championship.
- The UWW had asked all its affiliated federations to suspend all communication with the Wrestling Federation of India.
Rajasthan Royals launches a cricket academy in the UK
The Indian Premier League (IPL) franchise. The Star Cricket Academy based at Reed’s School in Surrey joined hands with Rajasthan Royals to relaunch the facility as the Rajasthan Royals Academy’.
Sai Praneeth won Silver At Swiss Open Badminton Tournament
Indian shuttler Sai Praneeth won the silver medal at the Swiss Open after losing the men’s singles final to world number two and top-seeded Chinese shuttler Shi Yuqi in Basel, Switzerland.
- A badminton tournament The 2019 Swiss Open, officially the YONEX Swiss Open 2019, was which took place at St. Jakobshalle in Basel, Switzerland.
India bags 188 medals at Special Olympics World Games
- India won a total of 188 medals at the Special Olympics World Games in Abu Dhabi. The medals include 50 gold, 63 silver, and 75 bronze medals.
- India sent a 378-strong contingent that is participating in the 15th edition of the Games. The closing ceremony of Special Olympics World Games is scheduled for March 21.
India finished second in the medal tally at Asian Youth Championships
Indian youth team finishes second in the overall medals tally with a total of 26 medals including eight gold, nine silver, and nine bronze medals.