18th March 2019 Daily Current Affairs: Dear Students, Here is 18th March 2019 Daily important Current Affairs. We are providing you Today’s Important Current Affairs, which have unique updates of all daily events from all newspapers. It helps you for SSC, Railway, State PSU & all competitive exams. Happy Reading……
Global Recycling Day
- 18th March Observed as Global Recycling Day by The Global Recycling Foundation to focus on the importance and power of youth, innovation, and education in ensuring a brighter future for the world.
Theme -“Recycling into the Future”.
Santosh Jha appointed as The Next Ambassador Of India to the Republic Of Uzbekistan
- Embassy of India, Jha presently Deputy Chief of Mission appointed by Washington as the next Ambassador of India to the Republic of Uzbekistan. Presently, Mr. Jha working as Deputy Chief of Mission, Embassy of India, Washington DC USA.
Kotak Mahindra Bank has appointed KVS Manian, Gaurang Shah as board directors
- whole-time directors appointed for Kotak Mahindra Bank are Manian and Gaurang Shah for a three-year term effective from the date of approval from the Reserve Bank of India.
- He is currently working as the president – corporate, an investment bank and Gaurang Shah is the president- group chief risk officer of the bank.
Former SC Judge Pinaki Chandra Ghose Will Be India’s 1st Lokpal
Former Supreme Court judge, Pinaki Chandra Ghose, is all set to become the first Lokpal of India. The PM Narendra Modi-led selection committee chose Ghose’s name from a panel of names recommended by an eight-member search committee.
- Ghosh will preside over the Lokpal as chairman and will be assisted by a panel of four judicial and four non-judicial members.
- The Lokpal will look into allegations of corruption against public functionaries, including the Prime Minister, and will be the first anti-corruption ombudsman with an independent inquiry wing and prosecution wing.
Fashion designer Ritu Beri appointed cultural ambassador of Uzbekistan in India
- Indian fashion designer Ritu Beri has been appointed as the Cultural and Tourism Ambassador of Uzbekistan in India by the Ministry of Tourism of Uzbekistan.
- Beri who is the first Indian to be appointed to this position aims to further deepen ties between the two countries through her work going forward.
Diksha Dagar becomes youngest Indian woman to win on Ladies European Tour
- Dikshawrote her own piece of history by becoming the youngest Indian woman to win on the Ladies European Tour (LET) in Cape Town, South Africa. In 2016 Diksha was given a place to play at India’s biggest women’s pro event, the Hero Women’s Indian Open.
- It was her first appearance on the LET and the then 15-year-old from Haryana made the cut and finished as the top amateur.
K T Irfan becomes the first Indian athlete to qualify for the Tokyo Olympics
- No other Indian from athletics has so far qualified for Tokyo Olympics. Two other Indians, Devinder Singh, and Ganapathi Krishnan also qualified for the World Championships.
OCA reinstated Chess in Asian Games 2022
· Olympic Council of Asia (OCA) decided to reinstate the Chess game to the Asian Games fold for the 2022 edition in Hangzhou.
· Chess was a part of the Asian Games program at the 2006 edition in Doha and 2010 in Guangzhou. India won two gold medals at Doha, and two bronze in the 2010 edition at Guangzhou.
Andreescu beat Kerber to lift Indian Wells title
- Young Canadian Bianca Andreescuwas proclaimed champion at the Indian Wells Masters after she overcame the German Angelique Kerber
- It is the first time ever that a player who received a wildcard entry to the tournament leaves with the title.
Valtteri Bottas wins Australia GP for Mercedes
Mercedes team Formula One (F1) driver Valtteri Bottas won his first champion in the Australian Grand Prix held in Melbourne. It was the fourth time in as many years that Hamilton has taken pole position in Australia only to finish second.
3 MOUs between India & Maldive
External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj and her Maldivian counterpart Abdullah Shahid signed 3 MOUs. They are :
- Agreement on Exemption from Visa Requirement for Holders of Diplomatic and Official Passports;
- MOU regarding Indian Grant Assistance for Implementation of High Impact Community Development Projects through Local Bodies;
- MOU on Collaboration in the Field of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy.
Mozambique, Zimbabwe, and Malawi have been hit by “Idai”, a vicious cyclone that has killed nearly 150 people, more than 100 missing and stranded tens of thousands.
Nara Lokesh, Poonam Mahajan among Indians in Young Global Leaders list
- Andhra Pradesh IT minister Nara Lokesh, BJP MP Poonam Mahajan and Xiaomi India head Manu Kumar Jain are among the Indians featuring in the list of Young Global Leaders, according to the World Economic Forum (WEF).
- The list has 127 of the world’s “most promising social activists, business leaders, public servants, artists and technologists under the age of 40”
BCCI announced Dream11 as official partner of VIVO IPL
- The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI), announced Dream11, India’s Biggest Sports Game, as the Official Partner for the VIVO Indian Premier League (IPL).
- He bought the IPL team Mumbai Indians for over $100 million in 2008 through a RIL subsidiary.
Vijit’ becomes the first Indian Coast Guard ship to visit Indonesia
Indian Coast Guard Ship ‘Vijit’ became the first-ever Coast Guard ship to visit Sabang, Indonesia.
- Vijit’s visit also highlights strengthening cooperation in the area of maritime security and safety between New Delhi and Jakarta.
WhatsApp, NASSCOM to impart digital literacy
- WhatsApp and NASSCOM Foundation came together to impart digital literacy training. As part of the partnership, WhatsApp and NASSCOM Foundation will train nearly 1,00,000 Indians to spot false information and provide tips and tricks to stay safe on WhatsApp.
- The training will be imparted by volunteers from NASSCOM Foundation who will launch the “each one teaches three” campaign that mandates every volunteer to share their learnings with three more persons leading to a network effect. Aspiring volunteers can register at mykartavya.nasscomfoundation.org.
Senior journalist, environmental activist Darryl D’Monte passes away
- Senior journalist and environmental activist Darryl D’Monte, who worked with leading English dailies, passed away at a hospital in Mumbai. He was 74.
- In a career spanning several decades, he served as the resident editor of Mumbai editions of The Times of India and The Indian Express.
Veteran Bengali Actor Chinmoy Roy passes away
- Veteran Bengali actor Chinmoy Roy has passed away. He was 79.
- He was equally noticed along with big names like Soumitra Chatterjee and Rabi Ghosh in a classic comedy like‘Basanta Bilap’ or in ‘Dhonni Meye.