17th March 2019 Daily Current Affairs: Dear Students, Here is 17th March 2019 Daily important Current Affairs. We are providing you Today’s Important Current Affairs, which have unique updates of all daily events from all newspapers. It helps you for SSC, Railway, State PSU & all competitive exams. Happy Reading……
AFINDEX 2019 held at Pune
- Africa-India Joint Field Training Exercise (AFINDEX-19) between the Indian Army and 16 African nations will be conducted in Pune from March 18 to march 27 on pune.
- The Aim is to participating contingents in Humanitarian Mine Assistance (HMA) and Peace Keeping Operations (PKO) under the United Nations Charter through practical Contingents from Egypt, Ghana, Nigeria, Senegal, Sudan, South Africa, Tanzania, Namibia, Mozambique, Uganda, Niger & Zambia are part of the joint exercise together with officers from Rwanda, Democratic Republic of Congo and Madagascar as Observers
SCO’s RATS Council Meeting held in Tashkent, Uzbekistan
- The SCO, in which China plays an influential role, is also comprised of Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Russia, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, India and Pakistan.
SCO Headquarters: Beijing, China.
Guinea PM arrives in India to attend a conclave on ‘India-Africa Project Partnership’
Prime Minister of Republic of Guinea Ibrahima Kassory Fofana arrived on a ten-day visit to attend the 14th edition of CII-EXIM Bank conclave on ‘India-Africa Project Partnership.’ Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) is organizing the conclave with the support of the Ministry of External Affairs and Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
- Fofana will also be attending a program in Vishakhapatnam from March 21- 24. He will be emplaning for his country on March 25.
Republic of Guinea Capital: Conakry
Currency: Guinean franc
Cyclone Idai hit the port city of Beira
- The cyclone has now moved west towards Zimbabwe. It follows a week of storms and heavy rains in Mozambique and Malawi that have killed more than 100 people and destroyed thousands of homes.
Tata, Reliance, and Airtel emerge best Indian brands of 2019
- Tata, Reliance, and Airtel emerged as the top three Indian brands of 2019, according to a report published by Interbrand, part of the Omnicom Media Group, an advertising and public relations conglomerate.
- Tata continued to hold the top position in the best Indian Brands ranking as its brand value grew by 6%, mainly due to Tata Consultancy Services (TCS).
IIT KGP signs MoU with C-DAC for high-performance computing
The IIT Kharagpur has signed an MoU with Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC) to set up a Petaflop high-performance computing facility and data center funded under the National Supercomputing Mission.
- With Captain Shreyas Iyer, Delhi Capitals will be facing Mumbai Indians on 24th March 2019 at the Wankhede Stadium.
Argentina, Colombia set to co-host Copa America in 2020
- Argentina and Colombia have been chosen in principle to co-host the 2020 Copa America.
The Copa América is the world’s oldest international football tournament. The event was first held in 1916 in honor of the 100th anniversary of Argentina’s independence.
- Former IAS officer Shah Faesal, who became the 1st IAS topper from J&K in 2009, has launched a political party named ‘Jammu and Kashmir Peoples’ Movement’ at a function in Srinagar today.
He resigned from the Indian Administrative Service in January to protest killings in Kashmir.
- The National Green Tribunal (NGT), has directed the Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB), to prepare a noise pollution map and remedial action plan to solve the issue across the country.
Goa CM Manohar Parrikar passes away
Goa Chief Minister Manohar Gopalakrishna Prabhu Parrikar passed away in Panaji Today after a prolonged illness. He was 63. He was diagnosed with a pancreatic ailment in February last year.
He served as Chief Minister of the state from October 2000 to February 2005 and March 2012 to November 2014.