17th February 2019 Daily Current Affairs: Dear Students, Here is 17th February 2019 Daily important Current Affairs. We are providing you Today’s Important Current Affairs, which have unique updates of all daily events from all newspapers. It helps you for SSC, Railway, State PSU & all competitive exams. Happy Reading……
- William Barr was sworn in for the second time as the new Attorney General of United States. Barr, who also served as the Attorney General from 1991 to 1993 during President George HW Bush’s administration, succeeds Jeff Sessions.
- WHO says Measles cases nearly doubled in 2018
- Measles is a viral infection caused by the rubeola virus. It is a highly infectious disease but easily preventable by vaccination.
Indian Air Force is set to demonstrate its full combat and fire capabilities during ‘Exercise Vayu Shakti-2019’ in the Pokharan firing range close to Indo-Pak border in Rajasthan today.
Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman is scheduled to attend the event.
The fighter planes like MiG 29, Jaguar, Sukhoi-30, Mirage-2000, transport aircraft like AN-32, C 130, Mi-17 VS and MI-35 helicopters will be among other aircraft used during the demonstration.
India’s first forecast center
- Union Minister for Science & Technology, Earth Sciences, Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Dr. Harsh Vardhan, inaugurated the North Karnataka Agromet Forecasting and Research Centre (NKAFC), India’s first agreement forecast center, at University of Agricultural Sciences (UAS) in Dharwad, Karnataka.
- The main objective of the center is to give accurate reports on the weather which would enable the farmers to protect the crops and get a good yield
- Morocco could also bid for hosting the tournament. The 2022 World Cup is controversially set to be held in Qatar, with the United States, Mexico, and Canada teaming up to host four years later.
Swachhata Excellence Awards 2019
- AMRUT cities and Municipal Corporations of Raigarh, Ambikapurand Kumbakonam won the top Swachhata Excellence Awards 2019
- Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT) cities and municipal corporations of Raigarh (1st prize)
- The prizes were awarded by Shri Durga Shanker Mishra, Secretary, Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA)
Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation was awarded the 1st prize for ‘Million Plus Cities’, and for ‘Aspirational Districts’, Chas Municipal Corporation has been awarded a consolation prize.
- Abdul Aziz Muhammad, a Manus Island refugee, wins international human rights prize Sudanese refugee, Abdul Aziz Muhammad, who spent 5 years in the Australian detention center on Manus Island in Papua New Guinea, was given the Martin Ennals Award 2019 in Geneva, Switzerland, for exposing
- Chandramouli Ramanathan of India was appointed as the Controller, Assistant Secretary-General for Programme Planning, Finance, and Budget in the Department of Management Strategy, Policy and Compliance by United Nations Secretary-General António Guterres, on 14th February 2019.
Mr Ramanathan has led to high-level management initiatives, including the implementation of IPSAS(International Public Sector Accounting Standards) and Umoja(the United Nations Enterprise Resource Planning solution).
- Tapsee Pannu becomes the brand ambassador of PepsiCo’s Kurkure. Bollywood actress Tapsee Pannu is signed as the brand ambassador the snack brand ‘Kurkure’ owned by PepsiCo.
He has written over 20 plays in Marathi, 3 sangeet nataks, 18 Konkani plays, and 16 one-act plays and directed over 50 plays in Konkani and Marathi.
“Tuka Abhang Abhang”, “Suvari”, “Teen Poishancho Tiatro”, “Dharmashree”, and “Pedru Poddlo Baient” are some of his critically-acclaimed plays.
He was a part of Goa Legislative Assembly from St Andre constituency between 2012 and 2017 and the Chairman of the state-run Goa Kala Academy.
The book containing Venkaiah Naidu’s selected speeches released by Pranab Mukherjee Former President Shri Pranab Mukherjee released the book, which is a compilation of 92 selected speeches of Vice President Shri Venkaiah Naidu, in New Delhi.
UAE’s Tabreed to build India’s first district cooling system in Amaravati
A UAE-based international cooling provider has entered into a 30-year concession with Andhra Pradesh government to build, own, operate and transfer India’s first district cooling system in the state’s new capital Amaravati.
- Measles cases nearly doubled in 2018: WHO
- A total of 229,068 cases of measles were reported in 2018, nearly double the number. The World Health Organization (WHO) has appealed to the Member States to close gaps in vaccine coverage. The appeal follows its previous announcement that an estimated 110,000 people died from the highly infectious but easily preventable disease in 2017
- Chhattisgarh’s Raigarh municipal corporation wins “Swachhata Excellence awards 2019
- Chhattisgarh’s Raigarh municipal corporation won the “Swachhata Excellence awards 2019”.
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu today announced ₹9,000 each to farmers with
less than 5-acre land, under the Annadata Sukhibhava scheme 2019-20.
This is apart from the ₹6,000 assistance announced by the Centre for farmers holding less than 5-acre land.
Farmers with more than 5-acre of land will be given ₹10,000 each.