16th March 2019 Daily Current Affairs: Dear Students, Here is 16th March 2019 Daily important Current Affairs. We are providing you Today’s Important Current Affairs, which have unique updates of all daily events from all newspapers. It helps you for SSC, Railway, State PSU & all competitive exams. Happy Reading……
P.M Narasimha appointed as a mediator to resolve disputes of cricket administration by SC.
- A bench of Justices S. A. Bobde and A. M. Spare was informed by P. S. Narasimha who is the former apex court judge Justice (retd) D. K. Jain has assumed charge as the ombudsman of Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI).
BRICS Sherpa meeting
- The 1st BRICS Sherpa meeting under the Presidency of Brazil concluded at Curitiba in Brazil.
- Brazil’s priorities for its Presidency include science, technology and innovation, digital economy, New Development Bank and BRICS Business Council as well as countering transnational crime and terrorism.
- The Indian delegation was led by TS Tirumurti (Secretary, Economic Relations in the Ministry of External Affairs)
The national convention of ‘War Decorated India’ held in Chandigarh
The two-day national convention of War Decorated India began at the Manekshaw Auditorium in Chandimandir, the headquarters of the Western Command in Chandigarh. Some living gallantry award winners and relatives of the deceased awardees attended the Convention. Chief of Staff Western Command Lt General P.N.
- Among Victoria Cross awardees, the relatives of Late Naib Subedar Nand Singh(Sikh Regiment), Late Subedar Ram Sarup Singh (1 Punjab) and Late Badlu Ram (Cavalry) were felicitated.
- Among Maha Vir Chakra awardees, those felicitated were the relatives of late Brigadier N.S. Sandhu (Dogra), late Brigadier K.S. Chandpuri (Punjab Regiment), late Lt General Gowry Shankar (Signals), late Lt Ved Prakash Trehan(Rajputana Rifles), late Sepoy Anusuya Prasad (Mahar Regiment) and late Porter Mohammed Ismail (Punjab Regiment Civilian Porter).
Festival of Innovation and Entrepreneurship inaugurated in Gandhinagar
President Ram Nath Kovind inaugurated the Festival of Innovation and Entrepreneurship and also presented the 10th Biennial National Grassroots Innovation Awards in Gandhinagar.
- Prakash Singh Raghuvanshi of Uttar Pradesh got a lifetime achievement award for his innovations in new varieties of agriculture crops. The first prize in Veterinary, Herbal medication for coccidiosis received by Periyasami Ramasami of Tamil Nadu.
GI tag for Coorg Arabica Coffee, four others
- Coorg Arabica Coffee is grown in Kodagu, Karnataka. Wayanad Robusta Coffee is grown in Wayanad, Kerala while Chikmagalur Arabica Coffee and Bababudangiris Arabica Coffee are grown in Chikmagalur, Karnataka.
4th UN Environment Assembly held in Kenya
The fourth session of the UN Environment Assembly (UNEA-4) took place in Nairobi, Kenya, as agreed during UNEA-3 in December 2017.
- UNEA-4 will address environmental challenges related to poverty and natural resources management, including sustainable food systems, food security, and halting biodiversity loss
Joint exercises to be conducted by the US army and NSG in Hyderabad
- The US military forces and the Indian National Security Guard (NSG) is conducting joint exercises in Hyderabad. This would be a part of the US-India security partnership.
- The aim is to enhance preparedness and tackle any crisis that affects public health and safety.
India to host FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup in 2020
India will host the U-17 Women’s World Cup in 2020, International Football Federation (FIFA) President Gianni Infantino announced in the FIFA Council meeting in Miami, USA. This will be the second FIFA tournament India will be hosting, after the U-17 Men’s World Cup in 2017.
- Besides the U-17 Women’s WC, India had also expressed interest in hosting the U-20 Women’s World Cup.
- Extra info.:
FIFA Headquarters: Zurich, Switzerland
World Fame 100: Virat Kohli only Indian in top 10, MS Dhoni in 13th spot
This year’s ESPN World Fame 100 list, an annual list of the most famous athletes on the planet, placed the Portuguese footballer Cristiano Ronaldo at the top spot, followed by basketball player LeBron James and FC Barcelona captain Lionel Messi.
- Indian cricket team captain Virat Kohli and former captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni were among eight Indian cricketers who found a place in the list.
Kamalpreet Kaur wins gold in women’s discus throw event
- Shivpal Singh also booked a berth in the next month’s Asian Championships in Doha in men’s javelin throw by crossing the qualifying standard set by Athletics Federation of India.
Tokyo unveils chatty robots for 2020 Olympics
Tokyo Olympic organizers rolled out a pair of chatty robots they will put to work to assist wheelchair users at the 2020 Games. Toyota unveiled its Human Support Robots (HSR) and Delivery Support Robots (DSR), which are set to act as seat ushers and will fetch food and drinks.
President Ram Nath Kovind inaugurated festival of Innovation and Entrepreneurship in Gandhinagar
- President of India Ram Nath Kovind inaugurated the Festival of Innovation and Entrepreneurship (FINE) in Gandhinagar, Gujarat. 10th Biennial National Grassroots Innovation awards were also distributed by the President on the occasion.
- President Kovind awards National Grassroots Innovators. First prize in Veterinary, Herbal medication for coccidiosis was presented to Periyasami Ramasami of Salem, Tamil Nadu.
Karnataka government plans for cloud seeding project
- The State government has called the tenders for cloud seeding operations to enhance rainfall during the monsoons of 2019 and 2020.
- . The agents used as nuclei are iodides of silver or potassium, dry ice (solid carbon dioxide), or liquid propane
Kharagpur signed MoU with C DAC for National Supercomputing Mission
- IIT Kharagpur has signed an MoU with Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC) to set up a 1.3 Petaflop high-performance computing facility and data center funded under the National Supercomputing Mission.
West Bengal has the maximum number of 1st-time voters
- According to a recent report released by the Election Commission, West Bengal has the maximum number of 1st-time voters, around 20.1 lakh, in the upcoming Lok Sabha elections.
- With around 16.7 lakh young voters, Uttar Pradesh stood at 2nd spot followed by Madhya Pradesh with 13.6 lakh first-time voters.
- The number of people eligible to vote has reportedly increased by 8.4 crores as compared to the 2014 General Elections.
Science & Technology
The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Roorkee has tied up with the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) to set up a Space Technology Cell within its campus.
Awards & Honors
Kent RO receives the Best Domestic Water Purifier Award 2019
Kent RO Systems Pvt. Ltd. has been bestowed with the Best Domestic Water Purifier Award 2018-19 for its RO (Reverse Osmosis)+ UV(Ultra Violet) + UF (Ultra Filtration) technology at the Water Digest Water Awards organized at The Lalit, New Delhi.
Water Digest Water Awards is backed by the Ministry of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation and UNESCO. Reverse Osmosis (RO) removes the all pollutants and contaminants from water, UV also known as Ultra Violet Radiation kills bacteria and virus and Ultra Filtration, an additional layer of security which works without electricity, filters remnants of microbial bodies.
Manmohan Singh presented the BusinessLine Changemaker Of The Year award to Arun Jaitley
- Former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh presented the Business Line Changemaker Of The Year award to Arun Jaitley (Finance Minister) over the successful implementation of the Goods and Services Tax (GST). Jaitley received the award on behalf of the GST Council.
Mahila Kisan Award for 2018-19.
- Swati Shingade of Pune, Maharashtra has bagged the 1st prize of DD Mahila Kisan Award for 2018-19.