16th February 2019 Daily Current Affairs: Dear Students, Here is 16th February 2019 Daily important Current Affairs. We are providing you Today’s Important Current Affairs, which have unique updates of all daily events from all newspapers. It helps you for SSC, Railway, State PSU & all competitive exams. Happy Reading……
5th International Dam Safety Conference 2019
State Water Resources minister Niranjan Pujari and Union Water Resources & Ganga Rejuvenation Secretary U.P. Singh inaugurated the 5th International Dam Safety Conference 2019 in Bhubaneshwar, Odisha.
Early Ed Asia 2019, Asia’s largest early childhood conference, held in Jaipur
- The motto of the event was ‘Our Children Our Future’.
- It was presented by Princess Diya Kumari, the Royal Family of Jaipur in association with ScooNews and Early Childhood Association (E.C.A)
- World Sustainable Development Summit 2019 held at New Delhi
- The theme of WSDS 2019 was ‘Attaining the 2030 Agenda: delivering
- LADIS stands for Least Available Depth Information System (LADIS) will ensure real-time data for ship and cargo owners on which they can undertake transportation on National Waterways (NW) in a more planned way.
- It is a step towards ensuring optimum use of National Waterways.
The portal is hosted on IWAI’s website www.iwai.nic.in
India’s first district cooling system to be built in Amaravati
- The agreement is for a contracted cooling capacity of 20,000 refrigeration tons (RTs).
Ashwani Lohai appointed CMD of Air India
- Former Railway Board chairman, Ashwani Lohani has been appointed the chairman and managing director (CMD) of Air India for the second time.
- Lohani succeeds Pradeep Singh Kharola. Lohani has also served as the Chairman of India Tourism Development Corporation (ITDC)
- German Foreign Minister Heiko Maas today rejected the US’ appeal to withdraw from the 2015 Iran nuclear deal, saying it’s fundamental for security.
Adding that the goal of Britain, France, Germany, and EU is an “Iran without nuclear weapons”, Maas said without the deal, “the region will not be safer and would be one step.
- The Indian Air Force (IAF) today carried out Vayu Shakti exercise in Pokhran, Rajasthan, involving around 140 fighter jets and attack helicopters.
- The Government today issued a set of guidelines for states and union territories to set up charging stations for electric vehicles every 25 km.
- For heavy vehicles like trucks and buses, charging stations should be set up every 100 km, it added.
- The government expects 25% of road transportation to be electric vehicles by 2030.
- India today raised the basic customs duty to 200 percent on all goods imported from Pakistan with immediate effect following withdrawal the MFN (Most Favoured Nation) status in the aftermath of the Pulwama terror attack.
- A government panel headed by Anoop Satpathy (fellow of the VV Giri National Labour Institute) has recommended a National minimum wage of ₹375 per day or ₹9,750 per month plus an additional housing allowance of ₹1,430 per month for workers.
- The recommendations, if accepted, will result in a wage bracket ranging from Rs 340 for Bihar and Uttar Pradesh to Rs 447 for Gujarat.
- The ministry of labor and employment had constituted this committee in January 2017 to review and recommend ways to calculate the national minimum wage.
Awards & Honors
Sunil Chhetri, the all-time leading scorer for India in international football, was conferred the 1st ever Football Ratna honor by Football Delhi.