15th February 2019 Daily Current Affairs: Dear Students, Here is 15th February 2019 Daily important Current Affairs. India Withdraws MFN(Most Favoured Nation) status to Pakistan, Chandigarh’s Hina Jaiswal becomes 1st Indian Woman Flight Engineer
India Withdraws MFN(Most Favoured Nation) status to Pakistan
- The Pulwama terror attack, India withdrew the ‘most-favored-nation’ status to Pakistan, a move that would enable India to increase customs duty on goods coming from the neighboring country.
- After the meeting of the Cabinet Committee on Security (CCS), Finance Minister Arun Jaitley said the most-favored-nation (MFN) status to Pakistan stands revoked.
- At least 44 CRPF Jawans were martyred attack by terrorists at Jammu and Kashmir’s Pulwama.
- A terrorist named Adil Ahmad Dar from Pulwama targeted two vehicles of the 70-vehicle CRPF convoy carrying 2,500 personnel and hit one bus with his car carrying 350 kg IED explosives.
- This attack was claimed by Jaish-e-Mohammed (JeM).
PM Modi flags off ‘Vande Bharat’ semi-high speed train
- Vande Bharat Express can run up to a maximum speed of 160 kmph Delhi to Varanasi and provide a totally new travel experience to passengers.
- The train will cover the distance between New Delhi and Varanasi in 8 hours taking stops at Kanpur and Allahabad.
Chandigarh’s Hina Jaiswal becomes 1st Indian Woman Flight Engineer
- Flight Lieutenant Hina Jaiswal from Chandigarh scripted history by becoming the first Indian Woman Flight Engineer to be inducted by the Indian Air Force.
- As a Flight Engineer, Hina would be posted to operational helicopter units of the IAF.
‘Simplicity & Wisdom book
Governor of West Bengal, Keshari Nath Tripathi launches a book dedicated to Swami Pragyananandji at the Kumbh Mela.
Famous industrialist and philanthropist Dinesh Shahra’s book, ‘Simplicity & Wisdom’ was launched at Parmarth Ashram in the ongoing Kumbh Mela.
Derrick Pereira named coach of India U-23 football team
- Sushil Chandra has assumed charge as the new Election Commissioner of India.
The poll body now has Sunil Arora as Chief Election Commissioner and Ashok Lavasa and Sushil Chandra as Election commissioners.
- William Barr was sworn for the second time as the United States’ Attorney General.
Ramanathan will simultaneously be the Assistant Secretary-General for Programme Planning, Budget, and Finance in the Department of Management Strategy, Policy and Compliance.
While serving as the Assistant Secretary-General for Enterprise Resource Planning, he was concurrently made the acting controller in September when Bettina Tucci Bartsiotas of Uruguay left the position.
- Mody belongs to the Indian Revenue Service (batch 1981) and takes over from Sushil Chandra, who has been appointed as an Election Commissioner ahead of the general elections.
CEO of DHFL, Harshil Mehta resigned from his post-Dewan Housing Finance Corporation Limited (DHFL) .Mr. Mehta will further hold the position of DHFL’s Executive President in Retail business from 14th February 2019.
DHFL’s board has further appointed Sunjoy Joshi as an Independent Director and Srinath Sridharan as a Non-Executive Director.
The Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maan-Dhan
- The Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maan-Dhan scheme will be implemented from today.
- Under the scheme, workers of the unorganized sector will receive a minimum assured pension of 300 rupees per month after attaining the age of 60 years.
- The workers whose monthly income is 15 thousand rupees per month or less and belong to the entry age group of 18 to 40 years are eligible for the scheme.
US space agency National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) today announced a new mission titled SPHEREx.
Launching year of SPHEREx: 2023.
The aim of SPHEREx: To explore the origins and evolution of the universe.
Cost: $242 million, excluding launch costs.
Awards & Honors
American actor and filmmaker Bradley Cooper won animal rights organization PETA’s ‘Oscat’ Award for “promoting kindness to animals”.
Former Goa Deputy CM and BJP MLA Francis D’Souza (64) passed away.
He was elected to Goa Legislative Assembly for 5 terms from Mapusa constituency.